Walking Dead returns tonight.

alwaysthereinspirit

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I did think the whole thing was a bit Hershal/Rick having apparitions but I quite liked how the trailer for the new 'season' totally threw you off the actual episode.

Agreed. I wasn't expecting it to play out like it did from watching the trailer.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Better call Saul

• chester copperpot

• neilnunb

Say What Again

I've said this on this thread already, I'm sure, but like others im not sure why I still watch this. I was even looking forward to tonight.

It's the same story in a different setting, season after season. And again as mentioned, some of the acting :facepalm:

I heard the writers have enough material for something like 11 seasons. GTF. 11 seasons of looking for 'hope' while battling the next evil group they encounter.

It needs a conclusion - but while its drawing the viewers, we won't get one.

Hopefully Karl gets eaten at least.

Edited by Say What Again

Way to many flashbacks in that episode and the fever scenes with the old cast members went on for too long. Did like the slow-mo killings at the gate though. Agree with others that a decent storyline needs to appear soon.

alwaysthereinspirit

aye same old stuff ....They need to get to a city and find out how the shit started .

All the radio news in the background during the flashbacks was all about Rwanda. I think. Don't know if that had anything to do with where it supposedly started. Just sounded weird to pick that particular storyline for the background noise.

IM in agreeing with others about this show. Where is it actually leading to? It just seems to be the same every series ( I refuse to see " season" American term !). Each episode seems to drag as slow as the walkers !! I assume Rick et al are looking for people who  may have a cure  but its not explicitly clear where they are heading to and why?

The best series was the previous one with the great villain David Morrisey but this has been dire. I just watch it out of loyalty now. Btw how many times can we watch walkers get  chopped up? Altough last night one had his head cut in two from the top. Don't think I had seen that before.

accurate assessment although I liked the series with david morrisey. he made a good villain but it is endless sameness now

Say What Again

Something on its way that make shake this season up?

Not much of a spoiler, but if you really don't want to know, don't click the link. It's one guys speculation on what may be in store.

Edited by Say What Again

scottish_chicP

Was in the clip for next week,anyone got any ideas on how he knows ricks name??

No I think that's the whole point of a cliffhanger [emoji38] :D

jack D and coke

Was in the clip for next week,anyone got any ideas on how he knows ricks name??

Will he have anything to do with the black guy that's been following them since they left Terminus? It's the only thing I can think of that would make some sense for the guy knowing who Rick is....

I don't have an issue with having more character driven episodes as opposed to just smashing zombies, but the main problem is nobody on it can really act well enough to pull it off and the writing is corny as hell.

Tbh, I'm a bit worried as to where it goes now.  People say get it back to how it was in series 1 & 2, but it is very similar in a lot of it.  There are still bits where they go scavenging, still bits where they are under attack and still the odd death.  But that's been repeated for 5 series now, it's hard to inject anything completely new into it.

Say What Again

spent the night in a barn during which time a tornado saved them from a hoard.

A tornado that blew walkers all over the shop. High up in to trees.

Yet the rickety old, decaying, wooden barn, stood strong.

cc4axWN8RMOQU4jm70oZ_Screen%20Shot%20201

kingantti1874

Will he have anything to do with the black guy that's been following them since they left Terminus? It's the only thing I can think of that would make some sense for the guy knowing who Rick is....

that's morgan..

Edited by kingantti1874

IM in agreeing with others about this show. Where is it actually leading to? It just seems to be the same every series ( I refuse to see " season" American term !). Each episode seems to drag as slow as the walkers !! I assume Rick et al are looking for people who may have a cure but its not explicitly clear where they are heading to and why?

The best series was the previous one with the great villain David Morrisey but this has been dire. I just watch it out of loyalty now. Btw how many times can we watch walkers get chopped up? Altough last night one had his head cut in two from the top. Don't think I had seen that before.

The previous series was the best one?

I can only assume you didn't watch the first 2 series? The dynamic with Shane was brilliant and I think that's what has been missing from the later seasons.

It's a shame because this series was a vast improvement on 3 and 4 (certainly the first half) but since its return it has been gash.

Better call Saul

So a couple of gay boys stay in a huge compound with steel walls and have no photos of the people that stay there

Rick will be right to be over suspicious as this will turn out to be a recruitment centre for maniac gay zombies (a new breed if you like ) that instead of wanting to eat you're ass ..They want to pump it

That's my opinion

So a couple of gay boys stay in a huge compound with steel walls and have no photos of the people that stay there

Rick will be right to be over suspicious as this will turn out to be a recruitment centre for maniac gay zombies (a new breed if you like ) that instead of wanting to eat you're ass ..They want to pump it

That's my opinion

Pathetic comments

What they need to do is kill this series off and instead do a "Stories of the walking dead" where each week/ season they have a totally new set of characters and setting.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

What they need to do is kill this series off and instead do a "Stories of the walking dead" where each week/ season they have a totally new set of characters and setting.

Not quite what you are after but there is going to be a spin off series featuring other survivors in LA rather than Atlanta.

Not quite what you are after but there is going to be a spin off series featuring other survivors in LA rather than Atlanta.

Link???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottish_chicP

Spin-off? They're struggling to come up with interesting episodes for the current series.

Was about to say the same :/