Walking Dead returns tonight.

alwaysthereinspirit

Daryl was caught between his instincts to go roaring off to the rescue like a heroic adrenaline junkie and sticking with his larger responsibility to keep drawing off the huge herd of zombies.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Better call Saul

• chester copperpot

• neilnunb

Jambof3tornado

Last episode of season 5 about to be watched. No idea why I didnt get into this sooner.

5 seasons watched over the last few weeks.

I can finally start to watch season 6!!

Jambof3tornado

The last episode of season 5 is a belter.

Enjoy.

Wowser. Series 5 now completed. Going to catch up with the first few episodes of series 6 today and then I'll be able to read the whole thread rather than jump to the end so nobody spoils anything.

Found myself getting bored at times during the last season but past couple of eps have been really good!

Reckon Glenn is almost certainly still alive though. They didn't show him getting bitten or anything and give that he's been in it from the very start I think he'd deserve a gruesome/grizzly death scene send off :lol:

Also read on FB that he wasn't mentioned in a list of deaths on Talking Dead or something (never seen it so not sure what the deal with it is)

Edited by Simo

Found myself getting bored at times during the last season but past couple of eps have been really good!

Reckon Glenn is almost certainly still alive though. They didn't show him getting bitten or anything and give that he's been in it from the very start I think he'd deserve a gruesome/grizzly death scene send off :lol:

Also read on FB that he wasn't mentioned in a list of deaths on Talking Dead or something (never seen it so not sure what the deal with it is)

Talking Dead is a show that is on Fox TV after the episode, where they have cast members discussing what has just aired.

In the comics Glen meets a far nastier death at the hands of Negan. I've really not been impressed with season 6, the acting is terrible and the scripting badly paced.

Better call Saul

Well that episode could be one of the worst out of all series, waste of an hour

hate episodes like that ..reminds me when Eastenders Did the same with dot and Ethel even that was more exciting

chester copperpot

Well that episode could be one of the worst out of all series, waste of an hour

The only thing interesting about that episode was Steven Yeungs name missing from the opening credits.

Awful one after such a good one last week too.

The only thing interesting about that episode was Steven Yeungs name missing from the opening credits.

Awful one after such a good one last week too.

is it the writers actually confirming glen is dead or are they just messing with the viewers, also there is pictures from future episodes showing glen, but it is not confirmed if they are flashbacks

I think the Steven Yeung being missing from the credits is deliberate. Also there was no preview of next week's show. Think Glen is alive on this basis.

chester copperpot

I think the Steven Yeung being missing from the credits is deliberate. Also there was no preview of next week's show. Think Glen is alive on this basis.

Yeah I think you're right. It's the first thing I looked for tnite and I ain't the sharpest tool in the box so you can bet most people looked for this earlier.

I was intrigued tnite but don't like when there's not much action but there you go.

chester copperpot

Episode 7 before we return to the Glenn storyline is what I've read elsewhere

Am I right in saying that there's 6 episodes the now then another 6 in March time?

Fruitmachine76

I think there's 16 episodes in all, so probably 8 and 8. But definitely a split with remainder shown from Feb next year

Enjoyed that episode. Always find it a bit strange when people have an issue with there being an actual story rather than just endless zombie attacks.

jack D and coke

It filled in a few blanks from Morgan just appearing in series 5 but it was a bit annoying it not carrying straight on from last week. Decent though.

Thought it was a bit boring and nearly fell asleep.

Was seriously pissed off we didn't get to find out what happened from the previous week.

I had just watched the most recent two episodes of The Returned (Les Revenants) and this really was a disappointment to follow.

Rudolf's Mate

I've battered through these and I'm now on season 5 episode 3. Have stayed well clear of this thread until now and definitely haven't read any posts! One of the best things on the telly for me and thoroughly enjoying it. Thought season 4 was brilliant so obviously this one has a lot to live up too.

Enjoyed that episode. Always find it a bit strange when people have an issue with there being an actual story rather than just endless zombie attacks.

:spoton:

Well acted episode with character and story development I really enjoyed it. I think some folk just want a weekly episode of Dawn of the Dead without realising how tedious that would become.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I enjoyed the episode. It was good to find out more about what Morgan has been up to.

However, I was slightly disappointed that we didn't get to see whether Glen died or not.

Edited by Gavsy Van Gaverson

I thought it was pretty good TBH.  Clearly Morgan is going to have a big role to play in the future and will probably be the one who gives Rick back some of his lost humanity.  Clearly it was ridiculous in places, especially the whole Aikedo (sp) thing and the fact the guy just happened to have a solar powered house in the middle of a forest equipped with a cell.  That was never locked.  Obviously going for a slightly cheesy metaphor on redemption of the human spirit and how Morgan was the only person stopping his redemption etc but still pretty good I thought.

Also looks like Rick made it out of the Winnebago after all given that he was seen arriving at Alexandria the end of the episode.......

As a set up for future episodes I think it worked well but it was a bit of a tease also when all we really wanted was closure on the whole Glen thing!

William H. Bonney

I thought it was pretty good TBH. Clearly Morgan is going to have a big role to play in the future and will probably be the one who gives Rick back some of his lost humanity. Clearly it was ridiculous in places, especially the whole Aikedo (sp) thing and the fact the guy just happened to have a solar powered house in the middle of a forest equipped with a cell. That was never locked. Obviously going for a slightly cheesy metaphor on redemption of the human spirit and how Morgan was the only person stopping his redemption etc but still pretty good I thought.

Also looks like Rick made it out of the Winnebago after all given that he was seen arriving at Alexandria the end of the episode.......

As a set up for future episodes I think it worked well but it was a bit of a tease also when all we really wanted was closure on the whole Glen thing!

I must have missed that. Don't recall seeing rick at all.

William H. Bonney

Didnt show you him but it was his voice shouting "open the gates"

Ah, I had the sound down quite low so I never heard it. Will check it out again.

The acting saved that episode. Had the potential to be a complete borefest but the two of them were great, really watchable.

Glad they learned from the Guvnors back story episodes. Get it all out the way in one sharp well presented stand alone episode. Enjoyed it.

Liked the episode.

If they didn't give any background or story on the characters you would never care for them. No point in just having endless zombie attacks on faceless people.

Say What Again

Quite enjoyed that episode as well. Like others have said, the acting was great, and at least that's Morgan's story caught up now instead of dragging it out over ages with flashbacks.

I think that episode may also have given us the shittest zombie takedown of the entire show. The first one we see Eastman taking down to protect Tabbatha. He vaults the fence them Aikido's the walker in the knee. I nearly burst out laughing :lol:

chester copperpot

Really enjoyed this season so far but that last episode just seemed like filler/teasing out the Glenn thing more.

Yip although it was good to see Rick getting his hole at the end :lol:

Next week's focusing on Daryl.

Sanny Vicious

Yip although it was good to see Rick getting his hole at the end :lol:

Next week's focusing on Daryl.

Aye don't think that's going to end well haha, no chance of him getting killed off, maybe one of the other two though.

chester copperpot

Aye don't think that's going to end well haha, no chance of him getting killed off, maybe one of the other two though.

Wish they would just let us know about Glenn and get it over with. I'd do so many things with his Maggie tho, she's bloody tremendous

Anyway, what happens with Maggie now? I'm going to go with she'll reveal she's pregnant.  

Called it. 

Apart from those sewer walkers that was pretty dull. Just a bunch of once sheltered people starting to find out this zombie apocalypse is pretty shite. TWD writers be like...

dcf364f45f6c83054dffbf0016efd41b.jpg

Edited by Ryan Jarman

Presumed the blood at the end was just walker blood, it was coming through showing a weakness in the wall?

That's what I thought also - the wall cannot take the volume pressing against it. Will be a slaughter if so, but might thin out some of the annoyingly weak cannon fodder Alexandrian's. 

Still can't believe they don't patrol the wall a little more to check for integrity... if I was in charge  :toff:

Say What Again

The only good thing in that episode was wee Sam's (Rick's bursds youngest laddie) bowl cut. That's a thing of beauty. An absolute stoater!

Still can't believe they don't patrol the wall a little more to check for integrity... if I was in charge  :toff:

They've also got the iron fence gate with gaps in it. Now i know there's loads of walkers, but couldn't they start ramming poles into their heads from the safety of behind the locked gate, thinning them out? They did that in the season they were holed up in the jail.

It would take a while, it'd be tiring, monotonous work for them, but the wee lambs could take shifts.

It's surely better than standing around inside, doing absolutely nothing, hoping they just go away.

Edited by Say What Again