• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Better call Saul

• chester copperpot

• neilnunb

:D I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the rest of this season is 'filler' as it's all about discovering the other communities and building an army.

Read something this morning where a guy reckoned that's what will happen with the entire season 8 being about 'All Out War' (the part of the comic on the war with Negan).

If you think we're almost at the midseason break and next week looks like more about Negan/Saviors. Presumably Heath will have an episode to himself too. There's seemingly at least one more community also.

Think a lot of folk will be raging by the end of season :D

Edited by neilnunb

I must be really easily pleased but I'm really enjoying this season. Lot of filler episodes of course but I don't think that's a particularly bad thing. I enjoyed tonight's episode more so because I forgot all about Tara and Heath.

Edited by iantjambo

chester copperpot

Remember they stumbled across an all female group a few series back. I genuinely thought that it was the same group that Tara encountered in last nights episode.

I must admit I can't even tell you half of these characters now, which shows my interest being tested. I absolutely loved up till series 5, but the last one and a half has been a real struggle for me.

I cannot ever seeing me not watching it though, I will most likely be on here every Monday night moaning about the episode though :)

A bit like a certain Peter in the Still Game thread :lol:

Rudolf's Mate

I turned it off roughly about 20 mins in. Fully intend to go back to it (probably tonight) however it felt like it was going nowhere. 

You never missed anything.

There was this group of women living on a wee island. They shoot any strangers on sight. This is because they tried to fight off the Saviours and all their men got killed as a lesson.

That's it.

That's what happened in 1 hour of television.

Prince Buaben

So where are they going to go with it..

We have 4 communities now who are working or scared of the saviours.

is the last 2 or 3 episodes going to be Rick leading the rebellion against them or.. maybe someone like Maggie.. or Rosita?

ive not read the comic series so not sure how it all follows on

i can see why they did that episode but as others have said why have a full episode on it.

There has been too much filler this season, but maybe they didn't want to bring it to a climax in one season with negan and they have not thought about how to fill the time with better stories/plot.

Only thing that i got from that is tara has a great set of bouncing jubblys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:D surprised it's taken so long for someone to mention them

Remember they stumbled across an all female group a few series back. I genuinely thought that it was the same group that Tara encountered in last nights episode.

I must admit I can't even tell you half of these characters now, which shows my interest being tested. I absolutely loved up till series 5, but the last one and a half has been a real struggle for me.

I cannot ever seeing me not watching it though, I will most likely be on here every Monday night moaning about the episode though :)

What female group are you referring to?Can't for the life of me remember any.

I'm catching up on this & holy jumping ****ing shit balls the acting is terrible. All of them. Every single person on this show can't act. How is it so popular??

I'm catching up on this & holy jumping ******* shit balls the acting is terrible. All of them. Every single person on this show can't act. How is it so popular??

The zombies are the best actors in the show.

chester copperpot

What female group are you referring to?Can't for the life of me remember any.

For the life of me I cannot remember. Now that I come to think of it, it may have been an episode of Z Nation that I witnessed this group of females.

Could have sworn it was TWD though! Memory's shot to pieces!

Watched the most recent episode last night as I was up with the shits/vomiting.

I preferred the time I spent hugging the bowl tbh.

Only thing that i got from that is tara has a great set of bouncing jubblys

Despite the fact that she's been living on packets of soy sauce for weeks on end, supposedly.

For the life of me I cannot remember. Now that I come to think of it, it may have been an episode of Z Nation that I witnessed this group of females.

Could have sworn it was TWD though! Memory's shot to pieces!

Yip, series two of Z Nation.

The group was lead by an almost unrecognisable Kelly McGillis.

Edited by Rousset1

chester copperpot

Yip, series two of Z Nation.

The group was lead by an almost unrecognisable Kelly McGillis.

That's the one. Feck me, was that Kelly McGillis aye?

Not aged well.

I no longer watch Z nation now as have tried to block out the fact I ever witnesses it :lol:

that iron scene

:scenes:

I'm not going to open spoiler tab...I'm not going to open the spoiler tab...I'm not going to open the spoiler tab.

This is where I'm at now tbh. I miss the days when the walkers were actual threats rather than just background fodder to show off (admittedly impressive) make up and special effects :lol:

I've only seen the first episode of the new season because I knew it'd get spoiled if I didn't watch it pretty soon after. Have I actually missed anything since then??

I'll no doubt catch up evwntually but all I Keep hearing is of dull filler eps...

Say What Again

Kurl :facepalm:

Travels all the way to shoot Neagan. Acquires a gun, bullets, gains access to the base, shoots the guards and tells the whole complex to drop their weapons, he's only here to shoot Neagan.

Neagan walks out in front of him.

Doesn't shoot Neagan.

:facepalm:

William H. Bonney

Negans humour is holding the show together. It's inconceivable that no one has taken him out yet despite the ridiculous amount of opportunities.

alwaysthereinspirit

Kurl :facepalm:

Travels all the way to shoot Neagan. Acquires a gun, bullets, gains access to the base, shoots the guards and tells the whole complex to drop their weapons, he's only here to shoot Neagan.

Neagan walks out in front of him.

Doesn't shoot Neagan.

:facepalm:

I hate Carl. I'm scared him and Neagan are going to become an item. They're getting way to chummy.

"Take your hair away from your face"

"What you're saying doesn't make you a sinner but it does make you a tremendous shit"

Gabriel's finest moment yet :lol:

Really good episode this week. Will Rick getting back and seeing Negan with Judith finally give him his balls back?

Better call Saul

Quite enjoyed tonight's episode.

Hate to say it but I'm loving Negan more and more each week, still team Rick though!

I think negan and his story is pish ...I hate they way he sways his body when he wants to act surprised and the whole thing about everyone kneeling to him before the iron incident was just laughable

Negan is keeping me interested. Everything else is pretty much bollocks.

There have already been so many massive plot holes and glaring inaccuracies between season 1 and now that if I would stop watching it right away if he wasn't in it.

I think negan and his story is pish ...I hate they way he sways his body when he wants to act surprised and the whole thing about everyone kneeling to him before the iron incident was just laughable

I agree. The whole Negan storyline is dragging the show down. Although the guy who plays him is a good actor, it's ridiculous that he's still alive. There have been many dictators throughout history, but none who could swan about without protection like Negan does.

Carl could have blasted right through his human shield and brought him down. Even now he sitting on Ricks porch playing happy families and could easily be beaten to death. In a previous episode when he came to take the guns away and was silhouetted against the gate, a single shot followed by a bazooka attack on his convoy could have ended this. It's not even as if any of his men like him.

Prince Buaben

Negan is keeping me interested. Everything else is pretty much bollocks.

There have already been so many massive plot holes and glaring inaccuracies between season 1 and now that if I would stop watching it right away if he wasn't in it.

What are these? Never had a chance to think.

What are these? Never had a chance to think.

Well for a start every season the Zombies seem to lose intelligence.

In the first season their able to open doors using the handles.

They seem to have this constant nobody gets left behind mentality but Maggie seems to give absolutely no thought towards her sister in her pursuit of finding Glen when they are separated. Telling Glen to go to terminus despite having no ****ing clue where her sister is.

Hershal and the magically appearing prosthetic.

That a season later allows him (an old man) to near run fight fully fit young men, Zombies and drive cars.

Guns!!! It's America. In the first season when it's just started nobody seems to be able to find absolute mother loads of guns. Every house seems to be empty, shops empty. That country has enough domestic weaponry to start world war 3 and then sustain it for a long time. Once the groups start hoarding then fair enough but until about season 3 it should have been easy to walk into anywhere and find at least a hand gun. Instead the knives are out almost immediately.

Bullets. Flip it around. Guns easy, bullets not so much. Never an issue until recently though. Hershal had a magic shotgun that rattled off about 30 rounds before reload. No chance any of them carry the amount of ammunition they are sometimes using. I do plenty shooting and carrying ammunition is a dick. One box is heavy and only holds about 20 rounds. They fire through 4 boxes per fight each sometimes.

Nobody considers fighting back. The Zombies have taken a back seat for 2 seasons now. It's all about the people but what started as it looking like maybe 50 people in the whole of America survived has since turned into about 50 thousand all capable of being armed to the teeth. Get rid of the slow moving Zombies with an army of people and with a little work infinite ammo? No, panic and run and kill each other. America is full of people who collect high calibre weapons and tanks etc.

So far I have seen 2 tanks? America is stuffed with modern and classic military gear. Grenade launchers and RPGs etc are not uncommon.

It's all pretty much bollocks. It survives on a few laughs and sick gore.

Edited by Bauld