Walking Dead returns tonight.

alwaysthereinspirit

They stop using guns (to an extent) pretty quickly because the noise attracts crowds of zombies. There are other plot holes but pretty much every show has them, for a zombie show there aren't actually that many.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Better call Saul

• chester copperpot

• neilnunb

Fruitmachine76

Well for a start every season the Zombies seem to lose intelligence.

In the first season their able to open doors using the handles.

They seem to have this constant nobody gets left behind mentality but Maggie seems to give absolutely no thought towards her sister in her pursuit of finding Glen when they are separated. Telling Glen to go to terminus despite having no ******* clue where her sister is.

Hershal and the magically appearing prosthetic.

That a season later allows him (an old man) to near run fight fully fit young men, Zombies and drive cars.

Guns!!! It's America. In the first season when it's just started nobody seems to be able to find absolute mother loads of guns. Every house seems to be empty, shops empty. That country has enough domestic weaponry to start world war 3 and then sustain it for a long time. Once the groups start hoarding then fair enough but until about season 3 it should have been easy to walk into anywhere and find at least a hand gun. Instead the knives are out almost immediately.

Bullets. Flip it around. Guns easy, bullets not so much. Never an issue until recently though. Hershal had a magic shotgun that rattled off about 30 rounds before reload. No chance any of them carry the amount of ammunition they are sometimes using. I do plenty shooting and carrying ammunition is a dick. One box is heavy and only holds about 20 rounds. They fire through 4 boxes per fight each sometimes.

Nobody considers fighting back. The Zombies have taken a back seat for 2 seasons now. It's all about the people but what started as it looking like maybe 50 people in the whole of America survived has since turned into about 50 thousand all capable of being armed to the teeth. Get rid of the slow moving Zombies with an army of people and with a little work infinite ammo? No, panic and run and kill each other. America is full of people who collect high calibre weapons and tanks etc.

So far I have seen 2 tanks? America is stuffed with modern and classic military gear. Grenade launchers and RPGs etc are not uncommon.

It's all pretty much bollocks. It survives on a few laughs and sick gore.

I still enjoy the show but you're spot on...

In season one, rick, glen et al had to cake themselves in gore so zombies couldn't smell them, now they can hide behind cars/trees/any object to avoid detection.

Used to be that you had to put a bullet in the brain of a zombie, now Jesus can kung fu kick them to oblivion.

No one has lost weight despite lack of food, continually on the run etc.

It seems to be years since the zombie apocalypse started yet no zombies appear to be decayed beyond the ability to move despite there being less and less food sources available to sustain them.

Where are all the animals - there must have been millions of domestic cats, dogs etc plus zoo animals etc?

Roads and towns don't seem overly decaying and overgrown with plants etc, roads still seem in pretty good nick despite years of neglect.

Ach I cant be bothered with anymore - like I say, I still enjoy it.

In season one, rick, glen et al had to cake themselves in gore so zombies couldn't smell them, now they can hide behind cars/trees/any object to avoid detection.

Used to be that you had to put a bullet in the brain of a zombie, now Jesus can kung fu kick them to oblivion.

It seems to be years since the zombie apocalypse started yet no zombies appear to be decayed beyond the ability to move despite there being less and less food sources available to sustain them.

Where are all the animals - there must have been millions of domestic cats, dogs etc plus zoo animals etc?

Roads and towns don't seem overly decaying and overgrown with plants etc, roads still seem in pretty good nick despite years of neglect.

We forgot about the indestructible Hyundai Tuscan. Survives about 2 seasons without a single scratch and looks as good as it did when it rolled off the production line.

Better still I think it's a time travelling Tuscan. The programme was set in 2010 but they found a 2012 model.

Sawdust Caesar

Not really much of a gripe but how can a show have all that blood, gore, extreme violence etc. but nobody swears in it, I mean proper turning the air blue not the stuff Abraham came out with? Do the American censors think swearing is worse than violence?

Only just realised that guy who plays Negan also played Sam and Dean's dad in supernatural. The characters he plays are so vastly different so maybe that's what threw me

Not really much of a gripe but how can a show have all that blood, gore, extreme violence etc. but nobody swears in it, I mean proper turning the air blue not the stuff Abraham came out with? Do the American censors think swearing is worse than violence?

I think it's AMC who have told them to limit the swearing on the show rather than any censorship issues.

Sawdust Caesar

I think it's AMC who have told them to limit the swearing on the show rather than any censorship issues.

Fair enough. Does seem a bit daft to allow one and not the other, though.

Only just realised that guy who plays Negan also played Sam and Dean's dad in supernatural. The characters he plays are so vastly different so maybe that's what threw me

He was also in Grey's Anatomy

Fair enough. Does seem a bit daft to allow one and not the other, though.

I think so too, you've got ultra-violence and gore everywhere...but that's fine as long as nobody drops an "f-bomb" (another American expression I hate!).

Takes away from Negan's character a bit too, in the comics his every second word is ****, and some of the laughs comes from the many different ways he manages to insert it into everything he says.

I always think despite how far they have moved.Everywhere they go still looks like its the exact same place,same roads,same forests everything just looks the same. Edited by vegas-voss

Say What Again

So there's one on Sunday, one on Monday, the Sunday one is last weeks and one of the episodes is 90 minutes long.

Glad that's been cleared up :lol:

They stop using guns (to an extent) pretty quickly because the noise attracts crowds of zombies. There are other plot holes but pretty much every show has them, for a zombie show there aren't actually that many.

The lack of plot development helps keep the plot holes to a minimum.

So there's one on Sunday, one on Monday, the Sunday one is last weeks and one of the episodes is 90 minutes long.

Looked at the tv schedule and it seems the episode is only 75mins long. America must be getting 15mins more of tv commercials as they certainly posted about it being 90mins. **** that :D

It is as well :vrface:

for some reason I thought last weeks was episode 6 and thought "ohh episode 7 on Sunday night and episode 8 on Monday night...Tidy" :lol:

Sorry for the confusion folks :D

chester copperpot

It is as well :vrface:

for some reason I thought last weeks was episode 6 and thought "ohh episode 7 on Sunday night and episode 8 on Monday night...Tidy" :lol:

Sorry for the confusion folks :D

Dick!

;)

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Thought it was last weeks shown last night and the finale shown tnite?

That may the case here but the new episode was on in the US last night.

Kind of bored of this season already though, you can just see how it'll pan out. Threatening figure puts Rick in a corner until he is pushed too far. Along the way his friends try to cajole him while Rick gives it the 'I can't' bull. Finally there is a battle, Rick survives while others die along the way and in the final battle.

Better episode. My prediction is half way there mind.

:muggy:

An hour of nothing happening.

Five minutes of action.

Ten minutes of people looking at each other and hugging over some insipid "inspirational" music.

I am *this* close to giving up on this joke of a show.

:seething:

scottish_chicP

So whos the peeping tom, the woman from the womans camp??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was it not the guy that was watching Rick and the other guy on the boat?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Probably right infact!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

William H. Bonney

Could it be one of the whisperers?

I think the spy is from a new group.

Don't click below if you don't want a possible spoiler.

there were pics posted weeks ago of Rick and Aaron surrounded by a group of teenagers in a kind of junkyard setting...so my guess is it could be them.

I enjoyed that and sets us up nicely for the second half.

Daryl has escaped and Rick has his balls back. Carol is being a pain in the arse just now though with her sulky,feeling sorry for herself "everybody just leave me alone" crap.

Can't say any of the deaths particularly bothered me. I felt sorry for Olivia but Spencer was a back stabbing knob who got what he deserved and Joey was one of Negans who was just unfortunate that he was the first person that Daryl encountered after his escape. The end scene was a bit corny but I have to say that I'm disappointed that we didn't get to see Daryl come face to face with Maggie for the first time since he was partly responsible for Glenn's death

Edited by iantjambo

Prince Buaben

I enjoyed that and sets us up nicely for the second half.

Daryl has escaped and Rick has his balls back. Carol is being a pain in the arse just now though with her sulky,feeling sorry for herself "everybody just leave me alone" crap.

Can't say any of the deaths particularly bothered me. I felt sorry for Olivia but Spencer was a back stabbing knob who got what he deserved and Joey was one of Negans who was just unfortunate that he was the first person that Daryl encountered after his escape. The end scene was a bit corny but I have to say that I'm disappointed that we didn't get to see Daryl come face to face with Maggie for the first time since he was partly responsible for Glenn's death

Think they are going to play on that for the second half of the season.

They've completely ruined Carol on this now, she used to be one of the more interesting characters on the show. Now it just seems like her arc is going nowhere.

They've completely ruined Carol on this now, she used to be one of the more interesting characters on the show. Now it just seems like her arc is going nowhere.

Yeah, my favourite character but I think they've run out of ideas for her given the character died in the comics way back. Hopefully once she learns about Glenn she'll soon be back in Rambo mode.

Yeah, my favourite character but I think they've run out of ideas for her given the character died in the comics way back. Hopefully once she learns about Glenn she'll soon be back in Rambo mode.

I think they pretty much gave her Andrea's role from the comics after killing off Andrea in the TV show in season 3.

I think they pretty much gave her Andrea's role from the comics after killing off Andrea in the TV show in season 3.

I think she's more taking Michonne's role at the Kingdom, with Michonne taking Andrea's place

I'll never see Jeffrey dean Morgan in the same way again, especially his scene in Fred Claus!

Can't get enough of negan no matter how much of the same stuff he says or does

I'll never see Jeffrey dean Morgan in the same way again, especially his scene in Fred Claus!

Can't get enough of negan no matter how much of the same stuff he says or does

Odd that I'd never noticed him before in Fred Claus until I watched it last week :lol: