Walking Dead returns tonight.

alwaysthereinspirit

The Internet

Disappointed by that. It was alright, just dragged out too much as usual. Thought they would have wrapped up the 'war' in that episode and moved on for next season.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Better call Saul

• chester copperpot

• neilnunb

We should see more action in season 8 as I would expect that to focus on the war between 'The Saviors' and all the others.

Season 8 will be them preparing for war, and the season finale will be the morning of the war when they all travel to wherever the war takes place. Season 9 will be about them travelling to the war before the actual war taking place at the end season 10, and continued in seasons 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15. Then it gets axed.

Happy enough to complain but I'll still watch season 8 :lol:

Edited by Col1874

William H. Bonney

loved the sasha out the coffin bit .

how did shiva know who to kill lol ?

I missed why Sasha was in the coffin in the first place.

And also, why did Gabriel leave the compound several episodes back?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I really hope this goes on for 20 series like they were talking about recently just so folk can keep bitching about filler episodes yet still be watching it :D :D (my mate in America is the ****ing worst for it!) :D

:laugh:

I hate myself for it.

The acting is terrible. Character development is pish. The junkyard people. Hour long episodes that add nothing to the story but come 2am Monday morning (When it's aired in the states) I'm sat glued to the TV screen.

:muggy:

Edited by OFhater

alwaysthereinspirit

Not one nasty bar steward got offed. They could have at least let Daryl kill burnt rat face.

Well at least it's been dragged kicking and screaming back towards the comics.

I think I'll try an experiment next season. I'll watch the first and the last episodes then try to fill in the blanks myself and see how accurate I am and how much I missed (if anything)

*edit*

Thank feck Game of Thrones is back on this summer.

Edited by Cade

The medieval king guy, the Tiger and the people who have forgotten how to speak properly. It's beyond ridiculous now.

Negan is about the only storyline worth watching and I don't suspect he's going to last beyond one more season. 

Don't get me wrong, I understand watching a zombie show requires some suspension of disbelief but the regularity in which characters seem immune to gunshots is beyond frustrating. Rick gets shot in the stomach from a yard away, kicked off a 15 foot drop and is able to just walk it off?Ridiculous. Found that less believable than the whole deal with the tiger!

Ryan Jarman

I missed why Sasha was in the coffin in the first place.

And also, why did Gabriel leave the compound several episodes back?

The Junkyard folk had been waiting for someone to get the supplies off that houseboat. After Rick and Aaron took them, one of Lloyds Christmas' folk followed them back to Alexandria, forced Gabriel to get all the food supplies of the community and then took him with her. That's who popped up in the back of the car when he drove off. 

William H. Bonney

The Junkyard folk had been waiting for someone to get the supplies off that houseboat. After Rick and Aaron took them, one of Lloyds Christmas' folk followed them back to Alexandria, forced Gabriel to get all the food supplies of the community and then took him with her. That's who popped up in the back of the car when he drove off.

Cheers. I went to high school with Lloyd. She hasn't changed much.

Ryan Jarman

Hope it all kicks off quickly next season and we get a full season of war rather than 11 episodes of preparing, character 'building' & posturing. As they seem to be drawing it quite close to the comics now the next two volumes should compose most of the next season and can only lead to a faster paced, more action packed season. 

Prince Buaben

loved the sasha out the coffin bit .

how did shiva know who to kill lol ?

I assuemed she had already had contact with some of them or Ezikel was directing her

Some if the same issues as others above. Also, in the "firefight", the point of a gun is that you don't have to run to within five yards of someone to kill them ffs.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Think it was blatantly obvious that the scrapyard people would betray them. I haven't trusted them from the moment they came into it.

Sawdust Caesar

Think it was blatantly obvious that the scrapyard people would betray them. I haven't trusted them from the moment they came into it.

I'll admit I only started to think that when the girl on the balcony said to Michone "we win" and gave her a creepy stare, up to then I didn't suspect a thing.

What was the deal scavenger leader made with Negan, when she asked for 12 and he said "10 they're an asset"? Was it people from the dump that Negan has captured?

North Berwick Jambo

No wonder I thought it was pish, I watch it online every week & this episode ended when Rick fell of the Platform, I have only just realised I actually missed the last 20mins after watching a review :)

scott herbertson

A seriously bad episode

So Rick is the 'Leader' and has a plan.

The plan is to get everyone together to fight the Saviours.

He's been thinking about this for a long time.

They get an offer from one of the saviours key people who has killed one of their group before to betray the saviours, and his offer is, wait for it, to go off on his own and intercept the next convoy and 'slow them down' with some logs... Great plan! Clearly there's no chance of him just going back to the saviours and letting them know what they face, clearly the log slowing down is well worth the risk

Now for Rick's great battle plan.

It's, wait for it.................

To stand his guys inside the walls of their colony with guns and wait for the Saviours to come to the gate and ask them where Negan is.

Great plan, Napoleon would have been proud of it - no ambushes, flanking moves, element of surprise (given away by the log slowing)

His plan would have got them all killed if it wasn't for an amazing piece of luck - that the nearest person to Sasha when she comes out of the coffin is Negan, and that Sasha hadn't been tid up in there in the first place

Really, really bad plotting

Edited by scott herbertson

alwaysthereinspirit

A seriously bad episode

So Rick is the 'Leader' and has a plan.

The plan is to get everyone together to fight the Saviours.

He's been thinking about this for a long time.

They get an offer from one of the saviours key people who has killed one of their group before to betray the saviours, and his offer is, wait for it, to go off on his own and intercept the next convoy and 'slow them down' with some logs... Great plan! Clearly there's no chance of him just going back to the saviours and letting them know what they face, clearly the log slowing down is well worth the risk

Now for Rick's great battle plan.

It's, wait for it.................

To stand his guys inside the walls of their colony with guns and wait for the Saviours to come to the gate and ask them where Negan is.

Great plan, Napoleon would have been proud of it - no ambushes, flanking moves, element of surprise (given away by the log slowing)

His plan would have got them all killed if it wasn't for an amazing piece of luck - that the nearest person to Sasha when she comes out of the coffin is Negan, and that Sasha hadn't been tid up in there in the first place

Really, really bad plotting

Quit it. Napoleon wasn't perfect either. Its not easy planning for such events. People think its easy being Rick.

He has a family, a girlfriend, he's a leader of people who need direction every friggin' day. He's trying to feed them, making sure they have gas for transport needs. Add the fact that other people want his stuff all the time. Its all fine making comments about Rick. Why dont you walk in his shoes for a few days and see how you do. Everyone is a critic. Lets see how long you survive when the walking dead start hanging around in your neighbourhood. Its people like Rick who keep them away from your house. How about just saying thanks. Have you seen any walkers today? Exactly, because of Rick. Its people like you that make Ricks work and time seem wasted.

Rudolf's Mate

Enjoyed it and thought it was really good however I expected a bit more.

Probably not helped by fact that before watching I read comments along the lines of viewers would have to pick their jaw off the floor.

Strong finish though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

scott herbertson

Quit it. Napoleon wasn't perfect either. Its not easy planning for such events. People think its easy being Rick.

He has a family, a girlfriend, he's a leader of people who need direction every friggin' day. He's trying to feed them, making sure they have gas for transport needs. Add the fact that other people want his stuff all the time. Its all fine making comments about Rick. Why dont you walk in his shoes for a few days and see how you do. Everyone is a critic. Lets see how long you survive when the walking dead start hanging around in your neighbourhood. Its people like Rick who keep them away from your house. How about just saying thanks. Have you seen any walkers today? Exactly, because of Rick. Its people like you that make Ricks work and time seem wasted.

:2thumbsup:

Ryan Jarman

Hiya Carl, hiya pal. 

• 2 months later...
Dusk_Till_Dawn

Been really enjoying this and now up to season four - which, six episodes in, has been fecking shite. Is this a temporary blip or the start of a downward slide?

Been really enjoying this and now up to season four - which, six episodes in, has been fecking shite. Is this a temporary blip or the start of a downward slide?

It has its ups and downs from here on but I still thoroughly enjoyed it up until the end of season 7 and I'm looked forward to season 8 starting.

It only gets worse.

slashishere

Quite enjoying Fear the Walking Dead, only picked up on season two a few weeks ago and the the last few were decent along with the first three of Season 3

Good up to halfway through season 5, from there to halfway through 6, it is awful. Then it picks up again.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

It has its ups and downs from here on but I still thoroughly enjoyed it up until the end of season 7 and I'm looked forward to season 8 starting.

Yeah it does seem to come and go a bit. I'll stick with it.

Don't think it ever rally hits the heights of the prison but I enjoyed series 4/5/6. Series 7 wasn't great but still had its moments.

Stick with it I say. My missus got me too watch this cos she's obsessed. Was never something I'd watch but it's grown on me.

The first few seasons were definitely the best as there was a lot to learn. Things in the last season or 2 have definitely slows down, and sometimes watching an episode feels like a total waste of time.

But the cast believe in it, and the writing has generally been pretty good so I'm hopeful that the big lull period will be made up for by some heavy shit going down.

Stick with it I say. My missus got me too watch this cos she's obsessed. Was never something I'd watch but it's grown on me.

The first few seasons were definitely the best as there was a lot to learn. Things in the last season or 2 have definitely slows down, and sometimes watching an episode feels like a total waste of time.

But the cast believe in it, and the writing has generally been pretty good so I'm hopeful that the big lull period will be made up for by some heavy shit going down.

Season 8 should be really good.

Mind you I said that about the first half of season 7.

And the second half of season 7.

It's been pish since about season 4 but I'm invested now and determined to see it through.

:sob:

Can't wait til season 29

:sweeet:

Gavsy Van Gaverson

That was another really good episode of Fear tonight 4/4 Good episodes this season.

Got to agree. Actually think I am enjoying the current series of Fear more than the last series of TWD, as it is unpredictable.

• 1 month later...

My son and Brother got me into TWD about 3 months ago.

I watched it non stop from the first series until now. As you can guess I really got into it. :)

However, while I know it's fantasy I always feared a moment it may become naff. Good actors/acting , plots and sub plots and the overall story has gripped me.

But the tiger , hasn't ruined it, but was a wtf moment for me. If it's possible, until then it was a very believable series with the concept of how humans fight to survive.

• 3 months later...
Samuel Camazzola
24 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Decent first episode.  

More importantly, Rosita's on talking dead just now. 

:scenes:

Alana Masterton next to her too looking good. 

chester copperpot

Just finished watching it.

Was half decent but it all seems a bit too predictable now.

Need Negan smoked but read somewhere Rick catches him and keeps him prisoner for a year or so. Kind of flies in the face of him going to kill him at the first opportunity

3 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

Just finished watching it.

Was half decent but it all seems a bit too predictable now.

Need Negan smoked but read somewhere Rick catches him and keeps him prisoner for a year or so. Kind of flies in the face of him going to kill him at the first opportunity

That sounds really stupid if that’s what happens.

But then again there was ample opportunity to do him in again last night and they didn’t take it.

Negan was a bit stupid as well going out in plain sight with just 4 other guys and all those guns trained on him.

You just wouldn’t do that if you knew these people wanted you dead.

Still enjoyed it though :D

Edited by iantjambo

Sawdust Caesar
4 hours ago, iantjambo said:

That sounds really stupid if that’s what happens.

But then again there was ample opportunity to do him in again last night and they didn’t take it.

Negan was a bit stupid as well going out in plain sight with just 4 other guys and all those guns trained on him.

You just wouldn’t do that if you knew these people wanted you dead.

Still enjoyed it though :D

Negan probably remembered how bad a shot they all were from the end of last  season's shootout at Alexandria. That was like watching a shootout between the original A-Team and Imperial Stormtroopers (when shooting at any main characters).

But I agree,  he just wouldn't take that risk. I thing it would be impossible to not take a shot right away at the guy who brutally murdered your friends.

chester copperpot
1 hour ago, Sawdust Caesar said:

Negan probably remembered how bad a shot they all were from the end of last  season's shootout at Alexandria. That was like watching a shootout between the original A-Team and Imperial Stormtroopers (when shooting at any main characters).

But I agree,  he just wouldn't take that risk. I thing it would be impossible to not take a shot right away at the guy who brutally murdered your friends.

Thats whats starting to piss me off about the whole show.

If I was Rick I would have got all the troops to scattergun the ***** as soon as he was in range. With that amount of automatic rifles on him theres no way he would have survived.

I am over thinking this eh? 

Just before Negan appeared an expert sniper took out two of his men on the roof above where he appeared..a much harder shot

Sniper must have been on a break ?