Walking Dead returns tonight.

alwaysthereinspirit

I've said it before and I'm going to say it again now.

TWD could easily compress each season in to three feature-length episodes.

The amount of boring, nothing-happens filler episodes is getting seriously annoying.

I have to agree, I'm getting bored of too many episodes now, it's went right down hill imo.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Better call Saul

• chester copperpot

• neilnunb

Dirge.

Will tune back in for the season finale and maybe keep tabs on here in case an interesting episode ever pops up, won't hold my breath.

Hopelessly shan episode tbf. I've read the comics and can see what they're trying to do but there's just no tension. Next episode should be good but they'll no doubt spend too much time with some minor character in a baffling situation.

I got so bored I couldn't decide between the hearts match thread and the walking dead.

Ended up just looking at fictional bursds.

Edited by Bauld

I'm fully expecting a flashback episode with the tigers former life before he was captured and put in the zoo with Eddy Grant.

Absolute pish. Jesus kung-fu kicking walkers. Enid inexplicably being terrified of a lone walker as if she wasn't expecting to come across any on her journey. Also, since when was she ever that close with Maggie and Glenn? Did I miss that? The roller skates. Carl saying that he just likes going out for a drive and Enid just believing this. So so shit.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Absolute pish. Jesus kung-fu kicking walkers. Enid inexplicably being terrified of a lone walker as if she wasn't expecting to come across any on her journey. Also, since when was she ever that close with Maggie and Glenn? Did I miss that? The roller skates. Carl saying that he just likes going out for a drive and Enid just believing this. So so shit.

Hard to disagree with any of that. After such a great first episode it really has went downhill quickly.

chester copperpot

Hard to disagree with any of that. After such a great first episode it really has went downhill quickly.

Just finished watching that.

Looks like Rick is primed to smackdown Gregory and take over that hill top place tho no idea if they have any guns or that.

They really are dragging out ten mins of decent telly into whole episodes here

Just finished watching that.

Looks like Rick is primed to smackdown Gregory and take over that hill top place tho no idea if they have any guns or that.

They really are dragging out ten mins of decent telly into whole episodes here

Would have thought Maggie to lead Hiltop no?

utter p!sh last night. 

Maggie for Queen of the Hill. Whole episode was a bit cringe worthy... walkers lining themselves up perfectly with the tractor tyres, finding roller skates, standing about whilst the gates are open, no-one on guard to stop the car coming into Hilltop, kung-fu moves. Please. 

Take me back to the prison when it was good. 

utter p!sh last night.

Maggie for Queen of the Hill. Whole episode was a bit cringe worthy... walkers lining themselves up perfectly with the tractor tyres, finding roller skates, standing about whilst the gates are open, no-one on guard to stop the car coming into Hilltop, kung-fu moves. Please.

Take me back to the prison when it was good.

The guys guarding the gate were bound and hanging beside the gate. Edited by IMac

The guys guarding the gate were bound and hanging beside the gate.

ah! Didn't see them I must admit - surprised nothing was made about the Hilltop guards being strung up like that by the surviving residents. 

I get a feeling there is more to Enid and a deeper back story to her.

There was a theory that she poisoned the jar of pickles she gave Maggie, which prompted Maggie to get sick. (Enid being a spy for the Saviors)

Where did tara and heath supposedly go then, have to admit im normally watching it every monday, but just watching it now when i can be bothered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did tara and heath supposedly go then, have to admit im normally watching it every monday, but just watching it now when i can be bothered

They went on a supply run at the end of season 6. The girl who plays Tara was about to drop a sprog so they had to make her disappear for a bit.

Jambo, Goodbye

With so much of the original cast gone, and some of the better newer characters too, it's getting hard to really hard to even want anyone left to stay alive.

Glad I no longer watch this. It's a vastly overrated show.

It's the same pish every season - one or two good episodes followed by six or seven terrible episodes.

I just find it weird that everyone moans about it and yet continues to watch it.

jack D and coke

It's the same pish every season - one or two good episodes followed by six or seven terrible episodes.

I just find it weird that everyone moans about it and yet continues to watch it.

Bit like Hearts then?

Say What Again

I agree it's vastly overrated, and I've moaned about it for a few seasons now.

Tbh, I continue to watch as I'm bang up to date and i can spare 45 mins a week (at work :P ) to watch the latest episode. If I was, say, midway through s4 trying to catch up, I'd bin it.

I do the exact same with The Blacklist. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone - in fact I'd advise against starting it if anyone were to ask me - but the fact I'm right up to the latest episode, I always get round to watching the next one as again it's only 45 mins (at work) and I have a scant interest in where the story will end up.

It helps that just now these two shows and Westworld are all I'm watching - everything else I watch is out of season just now. If I watched shedloads of other stuff I'd probably bin these two.

I'm fully expecting a flashback episode with the tigers former life before he was captured and put in the zoo with Eddy Grant.

:gok: Now that made me laugh out loud that did :gok:

Edited by Dawnrazor

I watched my first-ever episode last night, after some coaxing by the younger members of my family.

Boring is the first adjective that comes to mind. What's all the fuss about?

chester copperpot

I watched my first-ever episode last night, after some coaxing by the younger members of my family.Boring is the first adjective that comes to mind. What's all the fuss about?

The first 2/3 series are brilliant. Go watch them

Prince Buaben

We have binged watched the whole thing using Sky box sets ( apart from a week where they took it off when we were half way off series 6.. Managed to get those epiosdes and are now on Episode 4 Season 7.

The thing that bugs me and is that they have 3/4 episodes for the same thing. 

Seems to be a growing feeling that the Whisperers are going to be introduced later this season, probably the season finale although there may be clues to them beforehand. If so, they would appear much earlier than they do in the comics.

They would certainly crank up the action.

Edited by neilnunb

Seems to be a growing feeling that the Whisperers are going to be introduced later this season, probably the season finale although there may be clues to them beforehand. If so, they would appear much earlier than they do in the comics.

They would certainly crank up the action.

Could you explain the whisperers without having any big spoilers, just another group?

I don't think you can really explain the whisperers without at least using spoiler tags. I wouldn't want to anyway.

I don't know how to do the spoiler thing.

Better just to leave it as a tease for the moment :D

I don't know how to do the spoiler thing.

Better just to leave it as a tease for the moment :D

[ spoiler] <insert text>

just leave out the space between the first bracket and the word spoiler.

Say What Again

[ spoiler] testing 123

well that didn't work, what am I doing wrong?

Remove the space between the [ and the 's' of 'spoiler'

It should look like:

The Whisperers (don't read if you don't want to know!)

ok, hopefully won't give too much away but basically they're a group who disguise themselves as walkers using walker skin, complete with masks, so they can attack other survivors. They also communicate by whispering so they don't attract attention. Their leader is a female called Alpha. I'd say they are much worse than Negan and the Saviors.

In the comics they don't appear until after the current Negan storyline (after which there is a 2 year jump) so could be a big shift from the comic storyline.

And hopefully the spoiler tag worked...thanks folks :D

Sawdust Caesar

[ spoiler] <insert text>

just leave out the space between the first bracket and the word spoiler.

Oh come on my directions aren't that bad :lol:

I read it as leave a space rather than leave out a space, my mistake.

although if it was me giving the instruction I would have not left a space between the bracket and the word spoiler thus negating the need to tell people not to leave a space between the bracket and the word spoiler  :smiley2:   .

I understand the need for these type of episodes but there are just far too many of them in TWD. 16 episodes a season is overkill IMO.

Interesting to read that last nights had the lowest viewing figures for an episode since season 4, and the viewing figures for this season have dropped every week since episode one. That was watched by over 17 million (in the US), while last nights attracted just over 11 million. The average viewers for season 5 was over 14 million so it's definitely in steady decline.

i agree re the 16 episodes, i think a 12 episode run would help.

Negan annoys me, i think he could be more menacing or doing more psychological damage/warfare. I think Jeffrey Dean Morgan could be given so much more scope for the character. He has the acting ability to make him a nasty hated character like how i would prefer see him

I read it as leave a space rather than leave out a space, my mistake.

although if it was me giving the instruction I would have not left a space between the bracket and the word spoiler thus negating the need to tell people not to leave a space between the bracket and the word spoiler  :smiley2:   .

If he hadn't left the space it would have appeared as a spoiler and you'd be none the wiser.

Sawdust Caesar
Getintaethem, on 24 Nov 2016 - 8:37 PM, said:

If he hadn't left the space it would have appeared as a spoiler and you'd be none the wiser.

:facepalm:  what an absolute twat I am. My humblest apologies to iantjambo, your instructions were spot on, I'm just an idiot.

:facepalm: what an absolute twat I am. My humblest apologies to iantjambo, your instructions were spot on, I'm just an idiot.

Yes you're an idiot and a twat but I forgive you :P:D

Surprised the early viewers haven't moaned about this week's episode yet :D

Probably because they haven't bothered to watch it yet this week like me  :lol: 

Been a big fan of TWD over the years but this season has been really stale, just waiting for the mid-season finale before skim-watching the three prior episodes.

chester copperpot

Surprised the early viewers haven't moaned about this week's episode yet :D

Just finished watching it.

Terrible episode again but there's the guns for the fight against Negan