Annoying Facebook behaviour part 251

Heres Rixxy

It is and it isn't.

All women love a wine joke.....arseholes.

"Wine o'clock" and "Would be rude not to.".

:vrface:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Fitzroy Pointon

• peter_hmfc

• Sooperstar

Fitzroy Pointon

"Wine o'clock" and "Would be rude not to.".

"Would be rude not to" cure the shakes.

"I can't believe what I'm reading in today's paper...Cabdury,s are banning the word Easter on their eggs in case it offends other religions. Omg ,I'm a Christian ,we are celebrating the resurrection of Jesus. If we went to their countries I am damn sure they wouldn't give up their religion for us. Why are we just laying down without a bloody fight. If it offends them, then don't come. This Is a Christian country, if you don't like it DONT BLOODY COME. Fuming with Cadbury,s I won't be buying their eggs again"

She should start by not buying sh*te newspapers again.

12804868_10204869387854514_3294292455514

Wahhhh!, my pagan symbol of Spring, which was hijacked by the church, is no longer named after the Christian festival that was placed in the calendar to intentionally obliterate the pagan festival.

If you hate ISIS, you'd have hated early Christians too.

I work with a chap who is grossly overweight and has loads of health problems. Over the last week he has put up pictures of his swollen elbow, his elbow when it went pussy, his elbow when it basically exploded and now his big massive scab on his elbow. Nobody chuffing cares, nobody wants to see those photos (people could be eating). I unfollowed him so I didn't see it anymore and a friend decided to PM me every pic he posted. Some friend!

Fitzroy Pointon

I work with a chap who is grossly overweight and has loads of health problems. Over the last week he has put up pictures of his swollen elbow, his elbow when it went pussy, his elbow when it basically exploded and now his big massive scab on his elbow. Nobody chuffing cares, nobody wants to see those photos (people could be eating). I unfollowed him so I didn't see it anymore and a friend decided to PM me every pic he posted. Some friend!

:cornette: seriously, posting pictures of an infected elbow?

He must be fighting them off with a shitty stick.

Bindy Badgy

Birds that stand with the one hand on the hip and have kissy lips thing

,,'"&$ ##; #&

I saw a girl with really hairy legs doing this. It was disgusting.

:cornette: seriously, posting pictures of an infected elbow?

He must be fighting them off with a shitty stick.

You'd think so but he's had a couple of girlfriends in the 2 years I've known him. Whether they are real or just in his head is a bit debatable though.

Fitzroy Pointon

Saw a picture this morning a kid sat next to 13 easter eggs. Add to that assorted packets of mini eggs, plus a handful of wee Lindt gold rabbits.

I got one egg off my mum n dad and one (small one) off each of my grans.

Is there any need for a kid to have 13 eggs? Its ridiculous.

You'd think so but he's had a couple of girlfriends in the 2 years I've known him. Whether they are real or just in his head is a bit debatable though.

The elbow's not nice. Even the partially-healed version. Right now, just scrolling past. Any more pics may lead to unfriending lol

The elbow's not nice. Even the partially-healed version. Right now, just scrolling past. Any more pics may lead to unfriending lol

Oh dear, here was me thinking I could have a anonymous moan on kickback and it appears we have a common Facebook friend. It really is rank though and there's no need to put that type of thing on Facebook.......EVER!

"M8 if i get 100 likes will u (do some entirely uninteresting and unchallenging challenge)?"

"Haha u wont m8".

"Haha well sea".

Arseholes.

Edited by peter_hmfc

Oh dear, here was me thinking I could have a anonymous moan on kickback and it appears we have a common Facebook friend. It really is rank though and there's no need to put that type of thing on Facebook.......EVER!

Is it weird I'm slightly interested to see some photos?

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Saw a picture this morning a kid sat next to 13 easter eggs. Add to that assorted packets of mini eggs, plus a handful of wee Lindt gold rabbits.

I got one egg off my mum n dad and one (small one) off each of my grans.

Is there any need for a kid to have 13 eggs? Its ridiculous.

There's a bird on mine who spoils her wee brat absolutely rotten, it's actually quite obscene. She posted a pic today of his Easter haul, must have been 20-odd eggs but not just that, he got clothes, shoes and all sorts of stuff.

:cornette:

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Following the terrible events in pakistan, I fully expect to see some people posting things like "where are all the Je Suis Pakistan" posts or sharing Guardian articles berating people for not making their profile picture the Pakistan flag

I dont see why some find it hard to understand that British people in general might feel more empathy with, and relate more to, a terrorist attack closer to home in London, Paris, Brussels than they would Ankara, Syria, Palestine, Pakistan

Just because someone has a French/Belgian flag on their profile following terrorist attacks and doesnt do the same for every country where there has been a tragedy doesnt mean there isnt sympathy or shock, or that those human lives are valued any less. Its just when it is, or feels, closer to home that people are more likely to express these outward displays of sympathy

Fitzroy Pointon

Following the terrible events in pakistan, I fully expect to see some people posting things like "where are all the Je Suis Pakistan" posts or sharing Guardian articles berating people for not making their profile picture the Pakistan flag

I dont see why some find it hard to understand that British people in general might feel more empathy with, and relate more to, a terrorist attack closer to home in London, Paris, Brussels than they would Ankara, Syria, Palestine, Pakistan

Just because someone has a French/Belgian flag on their profile following terrorist attacks and doesnt do the same for every country where there has been a tragedy doesnt mean there isnt sympathy or shock, or that those human lives are valued any less. Its just when it is, or feels, closer to home that people are more likely to express these outward displays of sympathy

If u asked most of the people on my feed who have Belgian profile pics to point to Belgium on a map, they wouldn't have a scooby where it was.

There are a high number of Britons with Pakistani neighbours and indeed Britons of Pakistani heritage. How about showing solidarity with them? I suspect not many have actually even met a Belgian in their lives.

There are a high number of Britons with Pakistani neighbours and indeed Britons of Pakistani heritage. How about showing solidarity with them? I suspect not many have actually even met a Belgian in their lives.

Exactly. I'd suspect more people in the uk have been to Turkey than Belgium as well. It's crass and bandwagon jumping imo

Totally agree with this. I have never changed profile picture to a flag because I think it is a bit "look at me-ish". And I don't really like politics being discussed on FB, just don't think it is the correct forum for it.

But there is defo a bit of a double standard with regard to using the French and Belgian flag but not Pakistani or Turkish, despite the fact there is a large Pakistani community in Britain

Hartleys_Jam_Tart

I have two very dear friends who are Belgian, from Brussels. Am I allowed to show solidarity?

On annoying facebook behaviour, I detest these sort of posts

'Starting a friendship ring. If you are my friend, press the "like" button and copy this to your status. When I see your name, I will be happy knowing you are my friend. Oh well, here goes! xxx'

Also, mothers who over post pictures of their child/children. I have one 'friend' who must post about 10 a day, all with the same sort of caption 'the love of my life' 'my world' love her to the moon and back' - I would unfriend her but it would offend a couple of people so had to unfollow her.

I have two very dear friends who are Belgian, from Brussels. Am I allowed to show solidarity?

On annoying facebook behaviour, I detest these sort of posts

'Starting a friendship ring. If you are my friend, press the "like" button and copy this to your status. When I see your name, I will be happy knowing you are my friend. Oh well, here goes! xxx'

Also, mothers who over post pictures of their child/children. I have one 'friend' who must post about 10 a day, all with the same sort of caption 'the love of my life' 'my world' love her to the moon and back' - I would unfriend her but it would offend a couple of people so had to unfollow her.

You can do whatever you like, but personally I didn't really feel the need for anyone from abroad to show solidarity with me on 7/7, or after the 'John Smeaton' incident, although I was born in Glasgow.

Although I've known more Turkish and Pakistani people than Belgians I can well understand why people might be more hesitant to implicitly endorse the government or social arrangements in these countries than in France or Belgium, but generally I dislike the way in which a tragedy or celebrity death now becomes an unrelated social media 'event', almost like a party that people don't want to miss out on, and for whatever reason Facebook seem to want as much 'activity' on their site as possible and so encourage this.

Is it weird I'm slightly interested to see some photos?

Yeah it sounds more interesting than a lot of the stuff I see on mine :rofl:

Jimmy_McNulty

"I want to see how many people will give me a hug. I know who will hug me and who will not".

Then why ask the ****ing question if you already know the answer, you *****.

Tynie Willie

I had the same situation with one of my wife's pals posting photos every day, so I had to unfollow her because unfriending would have created unneccessary friction. The only difference was she was posting photos of her cat with captions like "Look, George is on top of the door! LOL" or "OMG George is under the sofa! What is he like?". He's like a bloody cat, so stopping posting photos of him doing cat things. Drove me bananas seeing that furball everytime I opened facebook.

Hartleys_Jam_Tart

You can do whatever you like, but personally I didn't really feel the need for anyone from abroad to show solidarity with me on 7/7, or after the 'John Smeaton' incident, although I was born in Glasgow.

Although I've known more Turkish and Pakistani people than Belgians I can well understand why people might be more hesitant to implicitly endorse the government or social arrangements in these countries than in France or Belgium, but generally I dislike the way in which a tragedy or celebrity death now becomes an unrelated social media 'event', almost like a party that people don't want to miss out on, and for whatever reason Facebook seem to want as much 'activity' on their site as possible and so encourage this.

I just wanted to show my friends that they were in my thoughts. Nothing more, nothing less.

I just wanted to show my friends that they were in my thoughts. Nothing more, nothing less.

Would you not just tell them? If there was a terrorist attack in Scotland I'd appreciate my Aussie mates sending me a "thinking of you, Jen" message more than then changing their profile picture.

I just don't really understand public shows of what should be private conversations. Have a mate who posted "Would just like to wish my mum [tagged] a very happy birthday today x", he still lives with her ffs. I just don't get it. By all means check in at the restaurant you've taken her to for her big day, or post a picture collage for a landmark birthday but if you just want to wish someone happy birthday do it on their wall or in person.

Would you not just tell them? If there was a terrorist attack in Scotland I'd appreciate my Aussie mates sending me a "thinking of you, Jen" message more than then changing their profile picture.

I just don't really understand public shows of what should be private conversations. Have a mate who posted "Would just like to wish my mum [tagged] a very happy birthday today x", he still lives with her ffs. I just don't get it. By all means check in at the restaurant you've taken her to for her big day, or post a picture collage for a landmark birthday but if you just want to wish someone happy birthday do it on their wall or in person.

This annoys the hell out of me, I hate when people post a status up on their own wall and tag the other person in it.  It's their ****ing birthday, not yours.  Stop trying to make yourself the focus of all the attention :seethe:

This annoys the hell out of me, I hate when people post a status up on their own wall and tag the other person in it. It's their ******* birthday, not yours. Stop trying to make yourself the focus of all the attention :seethe:

The same guy was actually with me (ooh-err, not like that) on my birthday, and said to me "I'll put a post up for your birthday later on."

I stopped him and said he'd already said it to my face so it didn't need to be done on fb. "Aye, but people will notice I haven't said anything."

Erm, no. They really won't. And if you did post something up folk are more likely to think it's weird because they know you're with me.

But I think that's really the heart of it. It's about what "other people" think and not even the recipient of the gesture.

Hartleys_Jam_Tart

I did tell them. 

Craig Gordons Gloves

"I love my kid so much that I spend most of my time with her/him ignoring them and spending my time on social media" The irony from these people is quite frightening tbh. 

chester copperpot

What if (insert band name) hadn't done this/that

Particularly doing my tits in these past day or so!

Fitzroy Pointon

Arsehole attention seekers buying homeless folk pizza or something with the tag "what this guy done will amaze you". Yes Im often amazed by attention seekers exploiting the homeless for facebook likes.

Arsehole attention seekers buying homeless folk pizza or something with the tag "what this guy done will amaze you". Yes Im often amazed by attention seekers exploiting the homeless for facebook likes.

Absolutely this. If you want to do something nice for a homeless person then great, go for it. But leave them with some dignity by not having your mate standing over your shoulder filming it.

Absolutely this. If you want to do something nice for a homeless person then great, go for it. But leave them with some dignity by not having your mate standing over your shoulder filming it.

"Hahaha my hubby is crazy likes. Phones his boss and tells him he won't be into work today but put the kettle on I'll be in shortly. APRIL FOOLS. Lol he's mental"

:cornette:

I've a lass on mine today posting inspirational posters of the moon and stars / galaxy coupled with quotes such as 'What's meant to be, will always find a way" and "What's for you, won't go past you". Obviously she has included her own two words to go with said posters, "So true"

The reason? She's just bagged herself a secretary job with the council.

:facepalm:

196364.jpg

548228.png

Edited by Gorgiewave

I would have thought that was worth sharing. Original at least.

maroonlegions

Arguing with someones mate at work and then the mate of the person that is in the argument bans you from his face-book page.   :qqb007:

Arguing with someones mate at work and then the mate of the person that is in the argument bans you from his face-book page. :qqb007:

My step daughter was going out with a laddie a couple of years ago (puppy love, they were both 14) him and his mum were hibees so I started a wee bit banter with him and his mum piped up trying to join in. I absolutely slaughtered her until she ended up blocking me, I'd never even met the woman. Her son split up with my step daughter a few days later :rofl:

"Hahaha my hubby is crazy likes. Phones his boss and tells him he won't be into work today but put the kettle on I'll be in shortly. APRIL FOOLS. Lol he's mental":cornette:

What a card... :cornette: