Annoying Facebook behaviour part 251

Heres Rixxy

Geoff Kilpatrick

A laddie i know posted a picture of his bawsack for testicular cancer awareness.

Some boy.

That's good though. Thanks to people like this, I now know that testicular cancer presents itself in the testicles.

:vrface:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Салатные палочки

• peter_hmfc

• Sooperstar

Kind of indifferent to this one. Don't see the link between no make up and cancer and don't understand who's supposed to not be aware of cancer, but if people are donating I suppose it's a good thing. Don't get why people are getting so worked up over it.

If they're actually donating, and encouraging others to do so too, it's fine.

It's the goons who just post their mug to "raise awareness" with no mention of any donations or anything that are grinding our gears.

This has thrown a complex spanner in the works to my scoring system.

Solid 9s quickly becoming 6s. A lot of girls look A LOT better without make up though it has to be said.

Half the bints on my FB who have done this nonsense are blatantly wearing make up :lol:

Less make up than usual, admittedly, but make up nonetheless.

Might take a selfie of my own root and post it to raise awareness of these cheating boots :muggy:

Sergay?

Jambo, Goodbye

And within seconds of reading this thread it suddenly appears on my timeline. ?3 donation followed by a status wondering why it's getting so much negativity. I'm tempted just to post a link to this thread!

And within seconds of reading this thread it suddenly appears on my timeline. ?3 donation followed by a status wondering why it's getting so much negativity. I'm tempted just to post a link to this thread!

You'd only be giving the evening news their next story!

Sexton Hardcastle

Heard about this new 'Cloak' app which is basically antisocial media. Warns you when certain people are in your vicinity by tracking their movement on other platforms.

Will no doubt make a small fortune.

Generic Username

Delighted that kind of money has been raised after people rightly ragdolled those heid bangers who were just plonking up selfies for no other reason than to get smoke blown up their arse.

Say What Again

Delighted that kind of money has been raised after people rightly ragdolled those heid bangers who were just plonking up selfies for no other reason than to get smoke blown up their arse.

That's exactly how it played out on my news feed.

It was just pointless photos, then became pics with an urge to donate as well.

At least make it worthwhile.

Generic Username

That's exactly how it played out on my news feed.

It was just pointless photos, then became pics with an urge to donate as well.

At least make it worthwhile.

It's how it played out in general. It's been going for what, 3 days? First 48 hours was flumps doing it, then folk questioned the point of it all and whether it'd be better to actually donate money/share tips on self examinations and now the last day and a bit is this "WELL DONE EVERYONE, AWARENESS RAISED."

All the one's who chucked money, good on you. The rest - you're no better than a banger who grows a tash for Movember but doesn't collect in a single penny.

Took until late last night until I saw the first one actually encouraging girls to check themselves and donate. Today most now thankfully seem to be doing this.

Alan Johnson

Obviously it's good that the money's been raised, but I think it's amazingly classless to upload a screenshot of your donation. It's the whole charity to make yourself feel better debate, but will inevitably lead to people thinking 'well that's me donated three quid and all my friends liked it, I've done my bit now'.

Charity should be something that you're continually involved with (however much your situation allows), not something you donate to because it becomes fashionable for a week.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk 2

Generic Username

Obviously it's good that the money's been raised, but I think it's amazingly classless to upload a screenshot of your donation. It's the whole charity to make yourself feel better debate, but will inevitably lead to people thinking 'well that's me donated three quid and all my friends liked it, I've done my bit now'.

Charity should be something that you're continually involved with (however much your situation allows), not something you donate to because it becomes fashionable for a week.

Or because your pal with a forehead that kids could go skiing on has "nominated" you to do it and you feel pressured into doing it.

Alan Johnson

Something I've noticed as well: most of the screenshots I've seen have been text donations posted by private school types. So it's probably fair to say that Daddy's picking up the tab for their 'generosity' anyway.

A massive amount of money raised for an excellent cause.

My entire feed was taken up by attention seeking arseholes who had no initial intention of parting with money.

blondejamtart

At the end of the day, it's raised money for a good cause which might otherwise not have been raised - surely that's got to be a good thing?

And before you ask, no I didn't do a pic - I never wear make-up anyway and I sure as hell don't do selfies and have no intention of starting now...

I'm playing in a charity match on Sunday and will be asking for donations to the cause tomorrow.

See how charitable they all are then... I have my doubts

Snake Plissken

I never see this sort of stuff on mine.

I'll attribute that to being a little more selective in who I add/accept.

Say What Again

I don't know what's worse. Her blatant lies or shocking spelling.

A 40 year old guy I know commented on one of these no make up selfies that he was 'speachles'

GlasgoJambo

I never see this sort of stuff on mine.

I'll attribute that to being a little more selective in who I add/accept.

Obviously your female friends don't care about cancer. Or babies with cancer and stuff. Sicko.

Obviously your female friends don't care about cancer. Or babies with cancer and stuff. Sicko.

it's easy done when your friends list has yet to hit double figures

Edited by Alan_R

Snake Plissken

That's how I select them.

Now getting a bit fed up of the people commenting "so brave xxxx" on these no make up selfies, aye very brave to use a make up wipe.

Now getting a bit fed up of the people commenting "so brave xxxx" on these no make up selfies, aye very brave to use a make up wipe.

I'm being very serious when i say that if showing a picture of yourself as you look naturally is brave then the self esteem of society is in a very low place.

The only one I have seen 'so brave' commented was a picture a woman posted of her make up free face but also her mastectomy scars. That was pretty brave IMO

The only one I have seen 'so brave' commented was a picture a woman posted of her make up free face but also her mastectomy scars. That was pretty brave IMO

Agreed, but I've seen it multiple times on regular selfies now.

I take it all these folk are still wearing their wristbands and helping getting rid of Kony? I guess Kony 2012 helped raise awareness of mental illness.

Guest C00l K1d

Aye so Madonna has just booted the arse out of this campaign.

Crusty old whitch.

The armpit photo?

Revolting.

Although i dont think its anything to do with the cancer awareness thing

Make up selfie is old news

The new fad is sellotaping various objects to your head/face

Doesn't even seem to be for a cause. Some folk are bell ends.

Edited by Alan_R

Make up selfie is old news

The new fad is sellotaping various objects to your head/face

Doesn't even seem to be for a cause. Some folk are bell ends.

Don't worry, they'll get their comeuppance once they try to get the Sellotape off their face and hair.

Bindy Badgy

Odds on that being a real mistake?

It wouldn't surprise me if it was an attempt at advertising...

Had two 'I'm just going to be myself and those who don't like it can GTF' type posts today.

Delete.

:verysmug:

Feels good.

The other day somebody commented on a video (and thus sharing it with their friends) which had a group of Asian guys lined up on their knees and executed and point blank range 1 by 1.

Her comment was "OMG this is the sickest thing I have ever seen. How can people post these videos!?"

blocked.

This has ruined my day and it's only 10am. What the **** is this world becoming?

It's pretty much the worst thing that has ever happened.