Official Ashes 2013/14 Thread

Matthew Le Tissier

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Selkirk_Jambo

Yes, I posted before seeing your "hang on" comment. I'm waiting to find out.

Even if they do, they will throw the bat at everything.

Worth a watch

Still think they will bowl, they really should. Eng are in a hole

Kenny ******* Powers

I'm going to go now and bask in the glory of my non follow on prediction.

:verysmug:

Need to be fresh for Tannadice.

Jimmy Anderson...

Aus 4/2

Just the 402 run lead...

Geoffrey Boycott, Ex-England batsman on BBC Test Match Special

"People like Monty because he tries like hell - it annoys them when others play daft shots and give their wickets away."

"I've been in this situation, it's sometimes hard to concentrate because you're so far ahead. The edge has gone."

Apparently he (Boycs) likes Kim Basinger (60 tomorrow :o ) as well as Katy Perry...

The Mighty Thor

Just up. Johnson shows how to rip through the tail :yas:

Two full days for the Aussies to skittle them out?

Probably job and knock tomorrow with an extra rest day on Monday.

Where's beefy's 5-0 prediction again? :lol:

The Mighty Thor

Watching the highlights and Johnson is devastating them.

Brilliant fast bowling. Particularly pleasing to see that little rat broad up the pavilion for a golden. :lol:

Last summer Bell, the lower order and to a lesser extent Pietersen carried the batting. Cook, (Trott) and Prior still way out of form. And Root's technique far too poor for a higher order batsman. You can't get away with just one batsman playing well in 2 Ashes series in a row.

I still think they should have enforced the follow on. How long will they give themselves to bowl out the English? From lunch tomorrow? Or straight in from the off?

Australia have declared.

531 the target for England, easy peasy lemon squeezy.. :stuart:

Meant to be a few showers around today.

Shanks said no

Here we go, the twisted me actually wants England and Wales to do well, but I suspect no one has ever reached that total in a 4th innings?

Piers Morgan to face Brett Lee at the MCG? Might provide some entertainment I suppose, he might even get picked if he does well. :stuart:

Piers Morgan ?@piersmorgan9m

So @BrettLee_58 has just issued me with a formal challenge to face him in the @MCG nets. I've accepted. Game on.

Brett Lee ?@BrettLee_588m

We are setting it up for the Boxing Day Test! @piersmorgan has accepted my challenge to face me in the nets @wwos9 stay tuned for details

Geoff Kilpatrick

Piers Morgan to face Brett Lee at the MCG? Might provide some entertainment I suppose, he might even get picked if he does well. :stuart:

Piers Morgan ?@piersmorgan9m

So @BrettLee_58 has just issued me with a formal challenge to face him in the @MCG nets. I've accepted. Game on.

Brett Lee ?@BrettLee_588m

We are setting it up for the Boxing Day Test! @piersmorgan has accepted my challenge to face me in the nets @wwos9 stay tuned for details

Oh please let this be true!

England didn't play that well during the summer to beat the Aussies 3 -0

So i am with Boris, England will not lose a test match

:toilet:

chuck berrys hairline

Aussies looked like they were going through the motions this morning. England have turned to fudge the last six months!

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Aussies looked like they were going through the motions this morning. England have turned to fudge the last six months!

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

This England team have never been as good as they think they are. That's half the problem

This England team have never been as good as they think they are. That's half the problem

Mmm...I'd disagree. For a while they were rightly number one in the World.

I just sense that complacency and arrogance has set in.

My prime offenders are KP, Prior, Broad and, it pains me to say, Swann.

England are running out of options quickly.

Bresnan being touted for a return - fair enough - but thereafter its Rankin, Finn or Tremlett. These three that completley unimpressed against state 2nd XIs in the warm-ups.

Batting-wise, hopes are now being piled on the Zimbabwean Ballance and straws being clutched because Cook, Root, Bell, Pietersen and Prior have had one good innings each. Or to put it another way, only three failures each so far - total of 15 in two tests.

Loving this loads.

Archived