Official Ashes 2013/14 Thread

Matthew Le Tissier

Matthew Le Tissier

Not seen a thread started yet so thought I would do the right thing =)

Fancy England to win the series 3-1

Gabba - Aus

Perth England

Adelaide England

Melbourne England

Sydney draw

Pieterson to shove it right down the Aussie medias throat by being top run scorer follwed by Cook and Watson.

Tremlett to be top wicket taker if he gets his chance. If not him then Jimmy Anderson.

Come on England

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

think it will be a tight series, but just England to shade it.

looking forward to watching tonight, got the day off tomorrow so an all nighter getting pulled.

Geoff Kilpatrick

It's funny. Maybe because I bought my Boxing Day tickets back in July I haven't even thought about it starting.

That said, I can see this being The Great Escape Series for England: -

Gabba - Aus win

Adelaide Oval - Draw (interesting note: This is the first drop-in pitch at Adelaide since Port Adelaide will be using it for AFL next season. Whether that changes it from being a road remains to be seen)

WACA - Aus win

MCG - Eng win

SCG - Eng win

2-2 and the Ashes retained

Kenny ******* Powers

I'm going for 2-1 England.

Thursday & Friday off. Finish at 1.30 today so afternoon nap to try and get on Australian time for tonight.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I don't follow the cricket much but was the Ashes not just in the Summer - how come they are playing again so soon?

Because the cricket world cup is Down Under next year when the Ashes was due to be played. To keep the focus on that the Ashes was brought forward a year but they couldn't be moved forward in England as well because of the Olympics.

I'd guess England will win by 1 or 2 Tests

Excited about tonight. Australia have an epic record at Brisbane, anyone have a theory why? 1st test to be a draw IMO

Australia are pish.

England 5-0 :jj:

But probably closer than that.

TMS on during the day too. :)

(Edit: Scotland lost to Kenya in World Cup qualifying, 3rd defeat from 4 games, they should probably just give up now.)

Going for an upset and a 2-1 win for The Aussies.

Me too. The change in mood prior to this series compared with the summer is alarming. All of a sudden, most of the questions seem to be about England...

So I'll emulate Geoff's match by match shouts, with one exception: a draw at the SCG which dooms England.

England didn't play that well during the summer to beat the Aussies 3 -0

So i am with Boris, England will not lose a test match

fancy england strongly for this. as mentioned, they didnt play well in the summer and walked away 3-0 winners. cant see england losing a test, maybe a couple of draws but that could be as good as it gets for the aussies!

anderson to have a fine series and be top wicket taker and hopefully cook can lead from the front and keep himself at the crease for a while!

Weather not looking too great for Sunday so we may be kicking off with a draw. So, GABBA - Draw, WACA - Australia 1-0, Adelaide - Draw 1-0, MCG - Australia 2-0 Ashes regained, Sydney - England 2-1.

I've just realised that I haven't bought any tickets for the Sydney test - so when I went online to see if there were any for the opening day (the only day I'll be here), they're all sold out. Ah well. A good friend has just installed a massive TV in their pool cabana and a new beer fridge. I suppose that'll have to do!

Can't think of another sportsman that I actually dislike as much as Stuart Broad.

Really? He really doesn't bother me. He's nae Frank Mcgarvey!!

Really? He really doesn't bother me. He's nae Frank Mcgarvey!!

Okay, outside of football. Just can't stand the guy, and that was before the incident in the last series.

Kennedy Bakircioglu

?400 on England winning, with draw no bet. Probably should have bet after the first test as Australia may well grab the first test. But I'm going by the old saying - form is temporary, class is permanent. England simply a better team. Better coach, better spinner and more capable of taking 20 wickets. However which team scores more runs in the middle order may be the deciding factor. KP, Bell, Root & Prior >>> Clarke, Smith, Bailey & Haddin.

Massive wicket. Hands the morning session to England. Huge session of cricket coming up now, which may well define the series even this early.

Massive wicket. Hands the morning session to England. Huge session of cricket coming up now, which may well define the series even this early.

Very important.. honours even in the first session of the first test...........could be a sign of what is to come

2-2 series drawn or if pushed England to just win the series.

The weather down under would seem to make a draw more unlikely unless there is exceptional batting by both sides.

Archived