• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dennis Reynolds

O2 customer services.

Trying to pay off my device so I can upgrade elsewhere but can't pay off the full amount online. Nearly an hour on the phone currently for a five minute job. I had to input my long card number but it wasn't working on the other guys end so he ended up just putting me through to another random department. Why I couldn't just tell him the number, who knows. Maybe a security thing?I'm now onto I think my sixth different person who has put me on hold as he says there is multiple calls on my call. He was from cancellations and retentions so will probably be back there shortly.

Dennis Reynolds
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Think that’s where you’re going wrong. You’re meant to input it on the phone keypad. 

:muggy:

Tbf the guy seemed to think I was typing it into something other than my phone as well so maybe I am the problem....

Sleepy head
On 15/03/2023 at 17:22, Herbert. said:

I've just been sacked 🤣

I spent 2k learning to drive a hgv and it's taken me 3months to find a job. I lasted 2 days because the boss found out I'm not willing to commit my future to a job that pays you £10ph and you have to do 13hr shifts in ****ing sewage and other manky stuff.

Dundee bus driver were ye?

I used to enjoy travelling by train but it has become a more and more miserable experience.

Alcohol ban still in force - with no sign of it ever being lifted.

Can’t remember the last time there was a trolley service.

Can’t remember the last time the WiFi worked.

Increasingly dilapidated trains.

(This is ScotRail BTW - LNER seems to manage to do all these things)

33 minutes ago, Sleepy head said:

Dundee bus driver were ye?

Used to go up there all the time, The lorry full if shit was nicer than a bus load of dundonians.

Lone Striker
On 14/03/2023 at 22:48, Spellczech said:

Has "people on public transport who breathe, sigh or cough on the back of your head/neck" been mentioned?

If I ever get done for murder, it will be because of that...

Yep, agreed.   Some of these phlegm-manufacturing barstewards simply shouldn't be using public transport - turning round and giving them a skoosh of Dettol disinfectant spray seems an appropriate response imo.  😉

45 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I picked up a new car just over a week ago, sent it straight away to get PFF’d and ceramic coated. I haven’t used the guy before but comes highly recommended from a friend, who is a car collector. 

Now the car was to be away for 4 days to get the work done, that promptly became a week as needs time to dry. Then at weekend got a text saying had a problem and would need another couple of days as wasn’t happy with the finish around the bumper. Though pretty apologetic.

Due to pick up car this afternoon. Anyway, notice a number of missed calls on my phone from guy and messages asking me to call him. Anyway, I call him and soon he picks up the phone, I know immediately this ain’t a good call.

Long story short, is he damaged my alloys some how with a tire iron when taking wheels off. (The story made little sense to me). So he sent the wheel to be re-coated. Unfortunately, the wheel come back the wrong ****ing colour. At first I thought he meant the wrong shade, no the wrong ****ing colour. The wheels and alloys are black but comeback silver/grey. 

He needs the car for another 24 hours but reassures me everything is all right. Now in addition to it being a right pain in the arse having been without the car twice as long as told. I now shitting myself to see what I’m actually picking up in addition I have zero faith I’m getting motor tomorrow based on past performance.

I have had none of the joy of getting my new motor since it’s been away getting the work done.

PFF'd?

Damaged your alloys, as in plural?

Wheels and alloys, how many sets?

Your new motor's being wrecked and it's hardly turned a wheel, could it be your mate and his guy are winding you up?

3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Should have been PPF. Paint protection film.

The wheels seem fine, it’s alloys that are allegedly damaged. 1 Nr but I can’t quite figure out if he decided to do recoat two on one side to avoid a clash. However, whoever has recoated not even ****ing close on colour match.

Unfortunately not, it appears at moment I have 4 alloys in 2 different colour. 

TBH I want really in the mood for why the problem occurred, I wanted solutions. 

It’s ****ing annoying.

You opted for both, ceramic coat and paint protection film? Full wrap or just front end and exposed flanks?

Sorry, still don't get the wheels seem fine, it's the alloys that are allegedly damaged bit...:peace:

14 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Should have been PPF. Paint protection film.

The wheels seem fine, it’s alloys that are allegedly damaged. 1 Nr but I can’t quite figure out if he decided to do recoat two on one side to avoid a clash. However, whoever has recoated not even ****ing close on colour match.

Unfortunately not, it appears at moment I have 4 alloys in 2 different colour. 

TBH I want really in the mood for why the problem occurred, I wanted solutions. 

It’s ****ing annoying.

We got that for free. We opted out when we bought the car, they applied it and tried to charge us, we told them we opted out. They realised the mistake and we got it for free. 

As for the delay. My Mrs had a wee bump, so it was to go in for a new bumper. (Happened in December). They picked the car up 2 weeks ago.(No courtesy car, as it was in the garage). We called them and they said the part wouldn't be in until the end of March. They had the car for a week. :D

Gies it back, until you have the part please, Muppets. Thanks. 

Always take a picture of the mileage, as some garages like to use your car as their own transport.

The weather and work has slowed right down. :yadayada:

And now over two years having lack of energy weeks at a time. :yadayada: I'm nearly at a standstill at some times of the day.

il Duce McTarkin
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

And now over two years having lack of energy weeks at a time. :yadayada: I'm nearly at a standstill at some times of the day.

Long covid?

1 hour ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

Long covid?

Never tested positive for covid. Tho, I was really I'll before it officially hit. Thought it was a bad flu. Thank feck I worked by myself or I'd have possibly fecked a few people up.  

Can they identify long covid?

il Duce McTarkin
26 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Never tested positive for covid.

Probably bad AIDS then.

26 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Can they identify long covid?

Not sure. My Mrs works in a medical practice, and there's quite a lot going on about it just now. One of the GPs was interviewed for a program due on the telly soon. Possibly Friday. I'll see what she sys when I get back from the gym.

Must be murder for you though, bud. At least you're getting out for a round or two. Hopefully they can work out what it is and get you on the mend.

Edited by Dirk McTarkin

1 hour ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

Probably bad AIDS then.

Not sure. My Mrs works in a medical practice, and there's quite a lot going on about it just now. One of the GPs was interviewed for a program due on the telly soon. Possibly Friday. I'll see what she sys when I get back from the gym.

Must be murder for you though, bud. At least you're getting out for a round or two. Hopefully they can work out what it is and get you on the mend.

Thanks bud 👍 

Absolutely shattered. I've not joined the new golf club yet, because of it. I went up to Gleddoch last week, and jumped back in my van and went home. Couldn't be arsed. Then Aberdeen pumped us. :yadayada:

Samsung predictive text.

How can a major manufacturer have such a bad function on their phones?

I used to have a Huawei until they became too much of a threat to western phone makers...It knew exactly what word I wanted so why is Samsung so bad at this?

For anyone who wants to test their phone: Try writing the word "worry" - jeez - you get every word except worry!, even "worringly" is offered up! 

2 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Samsung predictive text.

I used to have a Huawei until they became too much of a threat to western phone makers...It knew exactly what word I wanted so why is Samsung so bad at this?

For anyone who wants to test their phone: Try writing the word "worry" - jeez - you get every word except worry!, even "worringly" is offered up! 

That's strange, on my Samsung 'worry' is the first option it gives me when I type as far as 'worr'.

On a side note... I've only just discovered you get other options for words if you swipe the suggestion sideways. :facepalm:

JudyJudyJudy

I went for a coffee this morning as Costa.  Anyway before leaving i decided i needed a pish. At the age where i may as well go before i pee myself. What a palaver. 

Toilets are locked up like Fort Knox. You have to get a 6 digit code then press a turn a knob to open the door. I struggle with  most knobs, * not all thankfully .   I have issues with my grip due to my health problems and I not only struggled to remember the 6 digit code but I couldn't turn the knob. Turns out you have to twist the knob anti clockwise to further confuse me. I gave up and took the chance of pissing myself in  before i got home. Got home dry so all good. 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

2 hours ago, Meathook said:

That's strange, on my Samsung 'worry' is the first option it gives me when I type as far as 'worr'.

On a side note... I've only just discovered you get other options for words if you swipe the suggestion sideways. :facepalm:

Are you tapping or swiping?

2 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I went for a coffee this morning as Costa.  Anyway before leaving i decided i needed a pish. At the age where i may as well go before i pee myself. What a palaver. 

Toilets are locked up like Fort Knox. You have to get a 6 digit code then press a turn a knob to open the door. I struggle with  most knobs, * not all thankfully .   I have issues with my grip due to my health problems and I not only struggled to remember the 6 digit code but I couldn't turn the knob. Turns out you have to twist the knob anti clockwise to further confuse me. I gave up and took the chance of pissing myself in  before i got home. Got home dry so all good. 

Code used to be on the receipt...I don't take coffee at these chains though so may no longer be the case. I am talking from a single experience with the wife about 5 years ago!

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Better wi Nescafe Gold in the hoose, cheaper and a toilet within 20 ft lol.

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Better wi Nescafe Gold in the hoose, cheaper and a toilet within 20 ft lol.

Ken ! cost me £6.75  but a wee treat now and then 

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Are you tapping or swiping?

Swiping the bit which has the suggestions.

Lone Striker
4 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Samsung predictive text.

Doesn;t predictive text software "learn" what to suggest first, based on your typing history ?   If    worry is your most common word, type a blank after the y - I'd have thought that would make it "most likely predictive" word ..... until you start using "worryingly" more often, that is 😀

Unknown user
4 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Samsung predictive text.

It's learned worringly from you!

What's really worring though is that my phone might do the same now...

JudyJudyJudy
39 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Doesn;t predictive text software "learn" what to suggest first, based on your typing history ?   If    worry is your most common word, type a blank after the y - I'd have thought that would make it "most likely predictive" word ..... until you start using "worryingly" more often, that is 😀

It does based in one’s typing history lol 

JudyJudyJudy

Saw a new spelling of “gorgeous “ earlier on social media 

“ gorjus” ( written by a 60 years old person )  

8 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Not sure if I've ever written worry. Just amazed that it kept offering words like "sport" instead...

Dick Dastardly

Bought a six pack of "Soft, Soft, Soft Velvet Comfort" bog roll yesterday. Apparently none of those words had the same meaning that i understood them to have. 

henrysmithsgloves
46 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Bought a six pack of "Soft, Soft, Soft Velvet Comfort" bog roll yesterday. Apparently none of those words had the same meaning that i understood them to have. 

😳

images.jpeg

50 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I'm sure the 8 pints of Stella and vindaloo takeaway had absolutely nothing to do with it. 

Dick Dastardly
50 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I'm sure the 8 pints of Stella and vindaloo takeaway had absolutely nothing to do with it. 

I wish! I can handle a vindaloo but I'd be guttered after 3 stella. Absolute lightweight. 

Harry Potter
On 26/03/2023 at 00:26, JudyJudyJudy said:

Saw a new spelling of “gorgeous “ earlier on social media 

“ gorjus” ( written by a 60 years old person )  

Nothing surprises me these days.

il Duce McTarkin
26 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Can’t make my mind up if it’s a sign to give up completely or get back on it more consistently to increase tolerance? 

:cornette:

22 minutes ago, jonesy said:

My hangovers have been terrible ever since I turned 40. Really trying to cut down now.

OTC codeine & ibuprofen based painkillers are your friend after a heavy session. 

Couple of those first thing in the morning with a strong coffee and a cat sandwich, and you can go about your day unhindered by the previous evenings festivities.

il Duce McTarkin
20 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Two bottles of beer and a skinny bitch. Maybe the skinny bitch was spiked with rohypnol.

I remember those days fondly. :(

But after 2 kids and an absence of dancing tablets the bitch is not so skinny, I need more than 2 beers, and it's no longer necessary to slip her the rohypnol. 

Edited by Dirk McTarkin

2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I have a pretty bad hangover after 3 drinks. WTF

Can’t make my mind up if it’s a sign to give up completely or get back on it more consistently to increase tolerance? 

Think I’ll go back to bed😞

I'm going that way as well, early 30's now and my tolerance and ability to deal with it is going right out the window.  Used to be that I could handle going to the pub, having 7 or 8 pints, and then coming in to have another couple of cans whilst I played FIFA with my flatmate.

Now, 4 pints is enough to make me want to go to my bed, and 8 would make me pass out.  Don't get me started on the hangovers.  Used to think they were a myth.

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

:cornette:

OTC codeine & ibuprofen based painkillers are your friend after a heavy session. 

Couple of those first thing in the morning with a strong coffee and a cat sandwich, and you can go about your day unhindered by the previous evenings festivities.

We need more cat sandwiches IMO

Dick Dastardly

I spent 20 yrs working in a pub, hadn't been back in for a few years and its turned back into an absolute shit hole. ****ing optics are called optics because you can see when the  correct measure has been poured, customer and bar staff. Fss. It's hardly rocket science, ya ginger twat! End of rant 

Dick Dastardly
9 hours ago, Smithee said:

We need more cat sandwiches IMO

Meow meow on toast is the breakfast of champions 

Lone Striker
On 30/03/2023 at 20:07, Dick Dastardly said:

😲 Mega-OUCH.   Sounds like a fresh-faced enthusiastic young lad straight out of college with a degree in marketting has simply tried TOO HARD to impress his new boss at Proctor & Gamble. 😉

Your bog-time experience reminded me of a story the late Paddy Ashdown told of his early days in the Army, at the start of a training day out on the moors.  Each soldier was given 3 sheets (yes SHEETS) of bog paper in preparation for the day ahead -  the Sergeant-Major justified it as  "one for up, one for down, and one to polish".  

th?id=OIP.oOHyZKyOgHJmZ3QbLecl4gHaLH&pid=Api&P=0

On 30/03/2023 at 20:07, Dick Dastardly said:

I refuse to buy anything other than Andrex, despite my wife's protestations. My arse deserves it. 

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

I refuse to buy anything other than Andrex, despite my wife's protestations. My arse deserves it. 

Same here. Nothing cheap goes near my bottom. 

19 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I spent 20 yrs working in a pub, hadn't been back in for a few years and its turned back into an absolute shit hole. ****ing optics are called optics because you can see when the  correct measure has been poured, customer and bar staff. Fss. It's hardly rocket science, ya ginger twat! End of rant 

Doesn’t happen to be a Greene King boozer?

Dick Dastardly
19 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

😲 Mega-OUCH.   Sounds like a fresh-faced enthusiastic young lad straight out of college with a degree in marketting has simply tried TOO HARD to impress his new boss at Proctor & Gamble. 😉

Your bog-time experience reminded me of a story the late Paddy Ashdown told of his early days in the Army, at the start of a training day out on the moors.  Each soldier was given 3 sheets (yes SHEETS) of bog paper in preparation for the day ahead -  the Sergeant-Major justified it as  "one for up, one for down, and one to polish".  

th?id=OIP.oOHyZKyOgHJmZ3QbLecl4gHaLH&pid=Api&P=0

One to polish 😂😂😂

Dick Dastardly
9 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

It was all i could find in the shop. It's ok, I've got a door that needs sanding so it'll come in handy