The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

All roads lead to Gorgie

Now the drizzle has stopped I went out to cut the grass and the lawnmowers deid ☹️

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dagger Is Back

Media whores who tout themselves here there and everywhere. 

Fecking loads of them. These talentless feckwits who end up fronting or appearing on TV ‘entertainment’ 

Lorraine Kelly, Graham Norton, Jonathan Ross are to name but a few.

Make me puke. 

On 10/05/2023 at 13:34, Sooperstar said:

Found one (a big one at that) building a nest in my shed last night. Tried to attack me. 

Fond of the wooden sheds, so they are.  The big one you found was a queen.  Each nest is started by a lone queen, and can take days to develop.  While it is being built it's less than the size of a golf ball and easily destroyed, with only one occupant.  Once the first batch of workers hatch the speed of building picks up rapidly, and over a season a typical nest can produce between 3,000 and 8,000 wasps - not something you want in your attic or your garden shed.

However, in that first week or two almost 80% of nests will fail, because the lone queen will be eaten by a predator.  In that case, your wee paper golf ball will hang in your garden shed and never grow any bigger.  

Fun fact - common wasps are geometric geniuses.  Every hexagonal cell created in a nest is as close to a perfect hexagonal shape as humans can imagine, and every angle is precisely 120 degrees.

I usually get 2 or 3 nests a year started in my garden shed.  I check every few days and whenever I find a starter nest I knock it down with a brush.

When's that creepy wee shit Schofield going to disappear back into obscurity?

Sooperstar
8 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Fond of the wooden sheds, so they are.  The big one you found was a queen.  Each nest is started by a lone queen, and can take days to develop.  While it is being built it's less than the size of a golf ball and easily destroyed, with only one occupant.  Once the first batch of workers hatch the speed of building picks up rapidly, and over a season a typical nest can produce between 3,000 and 8,000 wasps - not something you want in your attic or your garden shed.

However, in that first week or two almost 80% of nests will fail, because the lone queen will be eaten by a predator.  In that case, your wee paper golf ball will hang in your garden shed and never grow any bigger.  

Fun fact - common wasps are geometric geniuses.  Every hexagonal cell created in a nest is as close to a perfect hexagonal shape as humans can imagine, and every angle is precisely 120 degrees.

I usually get 2 or 3 nests a year started in my garden shed.  I check every few days and whenever I find a starter nest I knock it down with a brush.

Yeah I get them several times a year. First thing I do when I go in the shed is check for a nest. They also build in my extension roof so I have some killer powder at the ready too, which works a treat @Tommy Brown

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Yeah I get them several times a year. First thing I do when I go in the shed is check for a nest. They also build in my extension roof so I have some killer powder at the ready too, which works a treat @Tommy Brown

You'll go to hell, I tell you.

Still a chance to repent.

Harry Potter

Another cold caller, fibre again, getting boring now, do folk actually buy in to folk coming to 

your door, get a website , wasted my energy going to the door.

hughesie27

Had a wasp nest in our roof/attic which we never realised was there until about Sept 2021. Only noticed as each morning we would have 2 or 3 barely alive wasps in the hall trying to get out the window. Lasted u till about early December before we stopped seeing them. 

Apparbelty they don't come back to make a nest into he same spot so just left the nest there as its in a small and difficult spot to get to anyway. Hopefully stops others from trying, certainly never had any last year.

Harry Potter
10 hours ago, JWL said:

Heading to Majorca on Thursday for 5 nights. Friday to Tuesday it's pissing down!!!

nightmare bud, its the weather u go for, 😕,

Jambos_1874

People who speak on their mobile on trains, especially those who do so very loudly. **** off, just **** off.

I also get the feeling that if you wanted to point this out to them they would be stunned that it annoyed anyone and would consider you rude. Absolute ****ers.

1 hour ago, Jambos_1874 said:

People who speak on their mobile on trains, especially those who do so very loudly. **** off, just **** off.

I also get the feeling that if you wanted to point this out to them they would be stunned that it annoyed anyone and would consider you rude. Absolute ****ers.

I was about to have a word with a guy behind me on the train the other week for this but his girlfriend then broke the news that she was pregnant, looked round and the boy was about 19 and looked like his life had just ended so decided to just leave it 

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Even worse when they are on speaker.

People have conversations on trains but are generally aware of their surroundings, so keep it a bit quiet. People having mobile phone conversations seem to forget they are in an enclosed space and speak like they are talking to someone who is hard of hearing.

Dick Dastardly
18 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Even worse when they are on speaker.

People have conversations on trains but are generally aware of their surroundings, so keep it a bit quiet. People having mobile phone conversations seem to forget they are in an enclosed space and speak like they are talking to someone who is hard of hearing.

Anyone using a phone on speaker in public is just a twat

Nookie Bear
14 hours ago, JWL said:

Heading to Majorca on Thursday for 5 nights. Friday to Tuesday it's pissing down!!!

I wouldn't worry about it. These forecasts are always way too sweeping - more than likely there will be the odd shower but plenty of sunshine to ensure packing the budgie smugglers is still the right thing to do.

Sooperstar
2 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

I had an argument with a guy on the number 41 last week. A fully grown man, late 30s/early 40s blasting out music through the speaker on his phone. After quite a while I (politely) enquired if he had any earphones he could wear and he shook his head and started waving his phone about as if to spread the music further than it was already going. Words exchanged were not so polite after that. 

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Sniffing and snorting and the likes. The pills are doing **** all as well. 

You want a word with your dealer imo.

3 hours ago, Ribble said:

I was about to have a word with a guy behind me on the train the other week for this but his girlfriend then broke the news that she was pregnant, looked round and the boy was about 19 and looked like his life had just ended so decided to just leave it 

:pleasing:

Take that ya wee *******.

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I wouldn't worry about it. These forecasts are always way too sweeping - more than likely there will be the odd shower but plenty of sunshine to ensure packing the budgie smugglers is still the right thing to do.

Checked another app and it's looking a lot better than on the BBC one.

il Duce McTarkin
2 minutes ago, JWL said:

Checked another app and it's looking a lot better than on the BBC one.

:pleasing:

32 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Call centres,why do they hire folk that can't speak basic English 🤬🤬 

Quite simply it's anything from a quarter to a fifth of the cost from having a call centre here to one in india etc

henrysmithsgloves
35 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Quite simply it's anything from a quarter to a fifth of the cost from having a call centre here to one in india etc

You'd think speaking English would be a minimum requirement for the job though?

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
52 minutes ago, Ribble said:

And it's cheaper still, when the outsourcing to India is then outsourced to Sri Lanka, Vietnam or somewhere else that is cheaper.

2 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

You'd think speaking English would be a minimum requirement for the job though?

Trouble is that companies outsourcing start with say 100 Indian staff who do speak (reasonable) english but then when business improves and they need another 100 staff to deal with the call volumes, the outsource companies then don't have enough people with the required standard of english and offer the company you are calling either 25 people with good english or 100 with variable levels of english, the fear of losing a sale see's most companies take the 100!

Could be worse though, there's a call centre in my building on the floor below me and i'd take an indian call centre over trying to decipher the accent of what I can only guess as being the otherwise unemployables of west fife!

Edited by Ribble

Dick Dastardly

Think I'm gonna lose my job fairly shortly. ****in absolutely raging. Gonna be windaes put in, allegedly..... 

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Trouble is that companies outsourcing start with say 100 Indian staff who do speak (reasonable) english but then when business improves and they need another 100 staff to deal with the call volumes, the outsource companies then don't have enough people with the required standard of english and offer the company you are calling either 25 people with good english or 100 with variable levels of english, the fear of losing a sale see's most companies take the 100!

Could be worse though, there's a call centre in my building on the floor below me and i'd take an indian call centre over trying to decipher the accent of what I can only guess as being the otherwise unemployables of west fife!

Dunno about fife,but aberdonion🤔😳

henrysmithsgloves
29 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Think I'm gonna lose my job fairly shortly. ****in absolutely raging. Gonna be windaes put in, allegedly..... 

Are you a window cleaner?

Dick Dastardly
19 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Are you a window cleaner?

😂 😂 😂 Nope, a window fitter..... 

Call centre staff speak just about enough English to stay on script and to follow a basic flowchart.

If you got off-script or do anything not on the flowchart (like, oh I dunno, asking a question), they fall apart.

Even their line managers aren't much help, they just have a different flowchart.

henrysmithsgloves
2 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

😂 😂 😂 Nope, a window fitter..... 

A vision technician 😁

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Call centre staff speak just about enough English to stay on script and to follow a basic flowchart.

If you got off-script or do anything not on the flowchart (like, oh I dunno, asking a question), they fall apart.

Even their line managers aren't much help, they just have a different flowchart.

Don't even know or understand the phonetic alphabet 🤬

Dick Dastardly
2 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Don't even know or understand the phonetic alphabet 🤬

A bunch of charlie uniform november twats, if you ask me

Sooperstar

Wasps again. Just had one crawling about on my pillow. I wouldn't have noticed it but came into the room and the dog was sitting staring at my pillow for some reason, then I realised why. It's dead now. Was stung in bed last year too. 

Dick Dastardly
39 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Wasps again. Just had one crawling about on my pillow. I wouldn't have noticed it but came into the room and the dog was sitting staring at my pillow for some reason, then I realised why. It's dead now. Was stung in bed last year too. 

I climbed into bed one night, got under the covers and was stung by two of the little erseholes. They died a slow and noisy death by a combination of bleach bathroom spray and suffocation under a glass. Horrible things. Wasn't that sore though. 

Sooperstar
5 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I climbed into bed one night, got under the covers and was stung by two of the little erseholes. They died a slow and noisy death by a combination of bleach bathroom spray and suffocation under a glass. Horrible things. Wasn't that sore though. 

Mine was bloody agony. Middle of the night and the wasp must have been on my head. I brushed it with my hand while asleep and it stung me in the hand. I didn't know what it was at first until I put the light on and saw it crawling about. Took me ages to get back to sleep. 

Dick Dastardly
6 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Mine was bloody agony. Middle of the night and the wasp must have been on my head. I brushed it with my hand while asleep and it stung me in the hand. I didn't know what it was at first until I put the light on and saw it crawling about. Took me ages to get back to sleep. 

Yeah i couldn't sleep after and I'd worked a split shift that day. I'm nit sure if it was some adrenaline type reaction? 

5 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Last time I got stung it was the first time since I was a kid. I’d managed to forget just how bloody sore it is! It had somehow got down my top when I was cycling and was down the back of my top. So when I bent over to lock the bike on George Street it stung me at the bottom of the back above my kidney. I must have set some sort of record sprinting to Boots on Princes Street to get Waspeze spray for it. Obviously after I’d stamped it to death. 

16 hours ago, Ribble said:

A shite tribute act of an Irish boy band?

9 hours ago, Tazio said:

Last time I got stung it was the first time since I was a kid. I’d managed to forget just how bloody sore it is! It had somehow got down my top when I was cycling and was down the back of my top. So when I bent over to lock the bike on George Street it stung me at the bottom of the back above my kidney. I must have set some sort of record sprinting to Boots on Princes Street to get Waspeze spray for it. Obviously after I’d stamped it to death. 

Got stung on the finger last year for the first time in ages. Leaving my back gate in October, and a wasp was sat on the gable end in the wee gap. Didn't even notice it and put my hand right on it to swing the gate shut. Felt like somebody putting a fag out on my hand and my finger was quite badly swollen the rest of the day. Little ****s.

Sooperstar
9 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Yeah i couldn't sleep after and I'd worked a split shift that day. I'm nit sure if it was some adrenaline type reaction? 

I think it was just the pain annoying me to be honest! 

9 hours ago, Tazio said:

Something akin to the opening scene in Trainspotting?

58 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Something akin to the opening scene in Trainspotting?

Yep, with added barging past and kicking pensioners and children. 

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

I think it was just the pain annoying me to be honest! 

Ya big jessie. It wasn't that sore! 

A growing phenomenon.  The travelling caravan of adult,  offspring,  push chair(s),  dogs on leads.  All progressing along the narrow pavement at tectonic plate pace.

Edited by Victorian

Sooperstar
36 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Ya big jessie. It wasn't that sore! 

Says the guy who couldn't sleep because he had adrenalin pumping round his body as if he was about to run in the 100m final at the Olympics. 

Dick Dastardly
13 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Says the guy who couldn't sleep because he had adrenalin pumping round his body as if he was about to run in the 100m final at the Olympics. 

14 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

More like the world darts championship with my physique 

henrysmithsgloves
34 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

More like the world darts championship with my physique 

th-2347895066.jpg

henrysmithsgloves
5 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

He couldn't lace my boots....

He can't lace his own😂

Just now, henrysmithsgloves said:

He can't lace his own😂

I bet he could if they were strawberry laces