Exactly,oot the door before the shop bell dinged 

JudyJudyJudy
30 minutes ago, R9. said:

But you were really thinking

0B473933-08AA-4460-ADFF-695F866DB903.jpeg

Well without lowering the tone let’s just say it never gets near my nose 😂

6F4C0CE2-5E25-49BE-ABEC-4B8ECC458041.gif

il Duce McTarkin

Landing at Edinburgh airport and sitting on the plane at the gate for 25 minutes (so far) because there's nae goon in a yellow high viz to let us off.

Random person on Twitter has a timeline full of racist tweets and opinions, all good according to Twitter. I point out to him he’s a racist piece of shit it gets moderated and I get a slap on the wrist. The new owners policy seems to be that stuff like that is fine. 

12 hours ago, Tazio said:

Random person on Twitter has a timeline full of racist tweets and opinions, all good according to Twitter. I point out to him he’s a racist piece of shit it gets moderated and I get a slap on the wrist. The new owners policy seems to be that stuff like that is fine. 

Twitter is absolute ****ing garbage, and the person in charge is an absolute ***** who is doing his best "fellow kids" routine. 

Just delete your account, and be much happier for it. 

On 14/04/2023 at 10:44, Dirk McTarkin said:

Landing at Edinburgh airport and sitting on the plane at the gate for 25 minutes (so far) because there's nae goon in a yellow high viz to let us off.

Idiots, standing in the isle for 25+ minutes would've been seething tae...:laugh2:

Edited by OBE

il Duce McTarkin
55 minutes ago, OBE said:

Idiots, standing in the isle for 25+ minutes would've been seething tae...:laugh2:

I've never understood this behaviour, tbh.

il Duce McTarkin
13 hours ago, R9. said:

Wearing a football top on a plane too 😂 

Sartorial ineptitude.

Almost as unfathomable as all those wierdos cutting about NYC in kilts the other week.

Not so much of a seethe but i opened the door a couple of days ago to a family of 3 standing there. The wee 6 yearish old boy hands me a box. It was my delivery from Amazon.

A week before, a guy and 2 bairns came.

Has anybody else experienced this phenomena?

The latter was maybe down to childcare but was still a wee surprise.

Dennis Reynolds
30 minutes ago, Pap said:

Not so much of a seethe but i opened the door a couple of days ago to a family of 3 standing there. The wee 6 yearish old boy hands me a box. It was my delivery from Amazon.

A week before, a guy and 2 bairns came.

Has anybody else experienced this phenomena?

The latter was maybe down to childcare but was still a wee surprise.

Funnily enough noticed this last week. DPD felly had his bairn in tow. Didn't realise it was a common thing but times a tough and childcare is ridiculously expensive. Fair play to them. 

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Funnily enough noticed this last week. DPD felly had his bairn in tow. Didn't realise it was a common thing but times a tough and childcare is ridiculously expensive. Fair play to them. 

I used to go out delivering gas with my dad when I was a bairn. Enjoyed the day out riding in the van! 

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

I used to go out delivering gas with my dad when I was a bairn. Enjoyed the day out riding in the van! 

Aye. Late 80s, i used to enjoy going with my sisters boyfriend, delivering flowers. He worked for Harvest Garden. The owners always gave me a wee bag of chocolates.

JudyJudyJudy

I worked up the chimneys with my dad . Started at 5 . Retired from it when I left school at 16 . 

henrysmithsgloves
2 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I worked up the chimneys with my dad . Started at 5 . Retired from it when I left school at 16 . 

ArcticJambo

I've taken mine out a couple of times during the holidays but decided it wasn't really worth the risk, better to hope some dodgy ***** doesn't come round the front door!

Dick Dastardly

I remember when i was 5 years old and my dad seemed like a giant, sitting beside me. I can still remember how the engine rattled my bum like berserk. All the while we're singing "Don't forget your shovel if you want to go to work" 

I could remember thinking that my dad's probably had a bloody hard day but, as always, he's been good fun and bubbling and joking away. 

And the procession of cars stuck behind are getting all impatient and angry but we don't mind. And we're holding up the bypass, me and my dad having a top laugh. I was sitting on the tool box so glad I wasn't in school... 

2 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I remember when i was 5 years old and my dad seemed like a giant, sitting beside me. I can still remember how the engine rattled my bum like berserk. All the while we're singing "Don't forget your shovel if you want to go to work" 

I could remember thinking that my dad's probably had a bloody hard day but, as always, he's been good fun and bubbling and joking away. 

And the procession of cars stuck behind are getting all impatient and angry but we don't mind. And we're holding up the bypass, me and my dad having a top laugh. I was sitting on the tool box so glad I wasn't in school... 

You should write a song about it. I reckon it would be a hit. 

Dick Dastardly
10 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

You should write a song about it. I reckon it would be a hit. 

I'm not sure. Its a bit personal to put out there. 

JudyJudyJudy

Plenty seethe whilst watching, “ Bargain loving brits in the sun “ on channel 5 daily . Val , 70 uplifted her static caravan from the Uk and brought it to Spain . She also couldn’t “ live “ with a certain item . Her fat fryer pan She even bought British lard over too . Ffs   

Ps nowt against caravans at all it was the fat fryer that cause me the seethe. 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

Konrad von Carstein
7 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Plenty seeth whilst watching, “ Bargain loving brits in the sun “ on channel 5 daily . Val , 70 uplifted her static caravan from the Uk and brought it to Spain . She also couldn’t “ live “ with a certain item . Her fat fryer pan She even bought British lard over too . Ffs 

Took FFS, you're an old fashioned 'Merican James

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Konrad von Carstein said:

Took FFS, you're an old fashioned 'Merican James

No like me to make a grammatical  error.... :) 

R.gif

JudyJudyJudy

Bloody hell.  Ticket prices are shocking. I was looking at tickets for " The King and I" at the Playhouse for September this year.  £75 for a stalls seat.. Think ill just rent the film , 

40 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Theyre ****ing mental. Bought tickets for Hamilton for the daughter and missus at playhouse. Over a £100 a ticket by time fees etc. 

Was looking at same for wicked as well.

Think the directors box is over £125 a ticket.  

They'd better get there early so they have enough time to get a taxi up to the Festival Theatre in time for curtain up 😆

Unknown user
On 18/04/2023 at 17:51, ArcticJambo said:

I've taken mine out a couple of times during the holidays but decided it wasn't really worth the risk, better to hope some dodgy ***** doesn't come round the front door!

This post could really do with some context

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Also the nick of people at theatre lately. There are more people going thrown out than from a Witherspoon on a Saturday night. 

Though, they’ve probably just been chucked out of witherspoons and gone direct to theatre. 

That's theatre though, dying to get it into the hearts and minds of the common man, until the common man actually starts turning up

JudyJudyJudy

Theyre ****ing mental. Bought tickets for Hamilton for the daughter and missus at playhouse. Over a £100 a ticket by time fees etc. 

Was looking at same for wicked as well.

Think the directors box is over £125 a ticket.  

I don’t fancy “ Hamilton “ and “ wicked” was overrated I felt . I have always loved the king and I so will probably still go

Also the nick of people at theatre lately. There are more people going thrown out than from a Witherspoon on a Saturday night. 

Though, they’ve probably just been chucked out of witherspoons and gone direct to theatre. 

theatres used to be bedlam

in previous centuries with the Audience throwing cabbages at the actors if the show was crap , now they throw chips at them 😂 tbh I have no issue with people singing along to musicals ( if they have a good voice ) 

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

It appears that 10 pints before going to the theatre would define you as a ‘common man’. 

10 pints would turn anyone into a common man to be fair

Edited by Smithee

JudyJudyJudy
48 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

through drunk people in general annoy me, unless I’m drunk😞

I actually have a real

phobia about being around drunk people . Unless I am drinking too . I hate it 

4 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

All these fancy EV adverts, never tell you the price , weird that😏,  2nd mortgage for one.

pretty much teh same for any car advert, all you'll ever see is tiny writing in the T&C's that flash up for a second or two and then it only tells you the price of the abse model.

As for EV's specifically they are roughly only 10-15% more exepensive to buy than the equivalent petrol/diesel model, a % that you'll easily get back on fuel savings

Konrad von Carstein

Similar but different, was at a Bowie tribute gig at the Usher Hall, 20 minutes in drunken rabble appeared in the seats behind us.

Honest to Christ they just used the concert as an extension of whatever pub they had been in, shouting and generally being arseholes.

Eventually I turned round and gave them a mouthful (which is most unlike me) they bit back but a couple of folk in the area also started on them, suffice to say they ****ed off pretty soon after.

Why would you spend money on a show then turn up pished and proceed to act like an arse and not even watch what you had paid to see?

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

Dennis Reynolds

I don't go to the theatre very often but was at a Paulo Nutini gig recently where a group in front came in about half an hour late absolutely smashed and ended up leaving after about an hour. One of the guys went to the toilet and got lost on the way back so I reckon was in his seat for a good 15 minutes total. They were just chatting the entire time as well. Now, they've paid thier money and can do what they want but it's not like the tickets were cheap so I do find it a bit odd. Few folk seemed a bit cheesed off especially when one of them started toking on a weed vape. Didn't make me want to rush back tbh.

Konrad von Carstein
30 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Went to see Burt Bacharach many years ago at the Playhouse. The singers he had with him were top notch, apparently. It was hard to tell because some fat blonde tart next to us decided to belt out each tune at the top of her burger-powered voice.

:laugh2:

heartandsoul
On 21/04/2023 at 12:37, JudyJudyJudy said:

I actually have a real

phobia about being around drunk people . Unless I am drinking too . I hate it 

Same here

Nookie Bear
On 21/04/2023 at 13:52, Ribble said:

pretty much teh same for any car advert, all you'll ever see is tiny writing in the T&C's that flash up for a second or two and then it only tells you the price of the abse model.

As for EV's specifically they are roughly only 10-15% more exepensive to buy than the equivalent petrol/diesel model, a % that you'll easily get back on fuel savings

I thought the difference in price is up to 50% more for the EV.

The savings aren't that great anymore either and the deterioration of range in cold weather is ridiculous.

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I thought the difference in price is up to 50% more for the EV.

The savings aren't that great anymore either and the deterioration of range in cold weather is ridiculous.

Aye the colder it is, the less miles on one charge, great for Scotland, NOT.

Lone Striker

Marketing of everyday items - a deliberate ploy to confuse us into buying more versions of the same thing.

McCoys crisps now have a "Grab Bag" size, containing a whopping 45g.   Thats less than twice the contents of 2  ordinary packets from a multi-pack of 6.      45g sounds similar to what a normal packet of crisps used to contain a few decades ago - when it didn't have a special name, it was just "a packet of crisps".  :wallbash:

Then you've got toothpaste - gentle whitening, whitening,  max white, advanced white, enamel protect, total, cavity protect,  max fresh, sensitive.    Why can't one tube of toothpaste just do all these things ?   Or even just 3 of them in the one tube ?  :wallbash:

Its surprising that  products with a male & female version  (e.g. deodorant) haven't  started marketing a transgender version.  Just for "them".  😉

The Salad Bar at Morrisons in Gyle Centre. Lunchtime Tuesday and yesterday and they had about 6 or 7 tins lying empty. No spicy chicken pasta, chilli noodles, spicy beef, Italian pasta. Usually enjoy their salad trays but they're asking for £4.00 for the absolute basics. Ram it.

JudyJudyJudy
12 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Its surprising that  products with a male & female version  (e.g. deodorant) haven't  started marketing a transgender version.  Just for "them".  😉

Good idea . Well if nike can hire a man to flog Bras to women then anything is possible ! 😂😂 

JudyJudyJudy
12 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Marketing of everyday items - a deliberate ploy to confuse us into buying more versions of the same thing.

McCoys crisps now have a "Grab Bag" size, containing a whopping 45g.   Thats less than twice the contents of 2  ordinary packets from a multi-pack of 6.      45g sounds similar to what a normal packet of crisps used to contain a few decades ago - when it didn't have a special name, it was just "a packet of crisps".  :wallbash:

Then you've got toothpaste - gentle whitening, whitening,  max white, advanced white, enamel protect, total, cavity protect,  max fresh, sensitive.    Why can't one tube of toothpaste just do all these things ?   Or even just 3 of them in the one tube ?  :wallbash:

And you are right about the crisp packet sizes now. 

sainsburys own brand cheese and onion taste quite nice and much cheaper than other brands 

Cairneyhill Jambo
14 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

CK one was the first unisex fragrance.  No doubt someone will eventually jump on the transgender bandwagon.

calvin-klein-ck-one-eau-de-toilette-unisex___29.webp

JudyJudyJudy

Seen it all now . In a barbers and there is a lad getting his hair cut but also on his phone !! Dearie me .