• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Konrad von Carstein
37 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

The adage there is no such thing as a bad workout, is clearly garbage. 

I really couldn’t be arsed working out this morning but needs must. Anyway half way through my workout, I’m doing some dumbbell presses. 

Anyway, at rep 6 the bench back collapses into the decline position. Down I go with weight in hands. Smacked my elbow of a rack and currently a combination of pins and needles and numb arm. Bruised my back at took slight pump to face. 

Thank **** it was only 24kg’s or I could have been in real trouble. 

Still can’t quite figure out how bench collapsed. It seems perfectly operational. Queue fat ******* comments. 

Hope you reported it to gym staff, so they can take it off the floor and have a look at it.

You were lucky, it could have been worse.

Hopefully you were filming it to study your form, if so get the video posted :lol:

Lone Striker

Probably should be on the King Charles thread - but I feel an increasing seethe at all this coronation sh1te.

According to some "experts", a King or Queen doesn't actually need a coronation event - they're already King or Queen as a result of death or transfer from the previous one.   Then today, we're all being asked to CHANT OUT LOUD the oath that Charlie will be taking.    Feck that !!!

And that Camilla - she may well be a "nice" lady, but QUEEN ?     Feck off !!

Are they wanting us to hold street parties too ?     Feck that  !!

39 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Probably should be on the King Charles thread - but I feel an increasing seethe at all this coronation sh1te.

According to some "experts", a King or Queen doesn't actually need a coronation event - they're already King or Queen as a result of death or transfer from the previous one.   Then today, we're all being asked to CHANT OUT LOUD the oath that Charlie will be taking.    Feck that !!!

You really shouldn't let it upset you. Enjoy the bank holiday and pay no attention to anything else. 

48 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Dead people don't need a funeral, but they still get one.

11 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Dead people don't need a funeral, but they still get one.

A lot of people don't bother now. 

Simple cremation and ashes returned to your loved ones. 

Good idea imo saves all the expense and trauma for your family. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

A lot of people don't bother now. 

Simple cremation and ashes returned to your loved ones. 

Good idea imo saves all the expense and trauma for your family. 

Im not so sure about this . A friend of mine . Well an ex in fact is now quite ill . He has told his family and me he wants no funeral , nothing . He just wants picked up and cremated  . Whilst i accept it his wishes , funerals are a place where the loved ones of the person can show their respect for the dead person and publicly mourn and show respect . It’s part of the grieving process for those LEFT behind . They deserve this surely ? It’s just my view about this issue . I disagree with the obscenely inflated costs of funerals though . 

10 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Im not so sure about this . A friend of mine . Well an ex in fact is now quite ill . He has told his family and me he wants no funeral , nothing . He just wants picked up and cremated  . Whilst i accept it his wishes , funerals are a place where the loved ones of the person can show their respect for the dead person and publicly mourn and show respect . It’s part of the grieving process for those LEFT behind . They deserve this surely ? It’s just my view about this issue . I disagree with the obscenely inflated costs of funerals though . 

My friends dad died earlier this year and had a direct cremation. My friend really struggled with the grieving process with not having the usual service and wake. Like she didn’t have closure and I totally see where she’s coming from. My parents both want the same though so I’m sure I’ll experience it at some point, hopefully it’ll be some years away yet. 

JudyJudyJudy
19 minutes ago, Helzibob said:

My friends dad died earlier this year and had a direct cremation. My friend really struggled with the grieving process with not having the usual service and wake. Like she didn’t have closure and I totally see where she’s coming from. My parents both want the same though so I’m sure I’ll experience it at some point, hopefully it’ll be some years away yet. 

To be honest whilst I respect peoples choice I feel it’s quite selfish . We need to consider those we leave behind and let them have the chance and honour to greive with a funeral of some sort . That’s my view anyway . I feel fir your friend . Yes hopefully your parents will be a long time away . 

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, R9. said:

And in a few weeks or months could have a get together to celebrate the life of the person who sadly passed. 

The ex doesn’t even want that . 😢

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, R9. said:

That’s a shame. 

His decision I suppose . 

34 minutes ago, R9. said:

And in a few weeks or months could have a get together to celebrate the life of the person who sadly passed. 

That's right 👍

JudyJudyJudy
30 minutes ago, R9. said:

Yeah mate I think in these situations when someone wants to plan these goodbyes and it’s maybe not for others it’s their final wishes and what they want. 

I’ve not been to many funeral just the two and it’s been grandparents it’s been the old fashion people turning up you don’t even know my nana’s funeral when I was about 15 had the wake some people treat that as a piss up and a good laugh others opt against even turning up. 

I’ve not thought much about it for myself I think I’ll go with the I’m not going to be here for it just allow my family to do what they thinks best if they want to go mad with it or a discreet it’s up to them.

I’ve been to well over 15 funerals . They can be and should be a celebration of a persons life. It’s an honour thing to me . 

10 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I’ve been to well over 15 funerals . They can be and should be a celebration of a persons life. It’s an honour thing to me . 

Assuming you were tasked with making arrangements. Would you go against a person's wishes if they had clearly requested a 'no fuss' private cremation ? 

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Assuming you were tasked with making arrangements. Would you go against a person's wishes if they had clearly requested a 'no fuss' private cremation ? 

No I wouldn’t . 

Fitzroy Pointon

Carpet fitter is now on his fourth day to do three carpets and laminate in the kitchen and hall. Saturday he turns up at 3 and says he'll work late to get it done. Think he left about 5. He didn't trap on Sunday when he said he would. His excuse was he was sick. A lot of people go down with sickness on a bank holiday Sunday/arse cheeks derby day. He comes at 8.30 yesterday morning and is away by 11.30 with only half the hall done and the carpets in ours and the wee ones bedroom not even down right or any thresholds done. 

He said he would he here at 9 this morning and he's still not here. Told her next time go to ****ing JW instead of using some prick you know through a friend. ****ing cowboy. 

Dog has decided that he's not going to bed any more.  Once he's in his bed, he sleeps like a dead spider all night and is absolutely oblivious to the world, but no, don't fancy any of that any more.  I'm going to lie at the bottom of the stairs and mope around all night instead, getting absolutely bugger all sleep.

Got up at 8 for work, and he's done nothing but sleep on the couch, on the floor, on his other bed, but will not actually do it at night time.

Arsehole.

Jeffros Furios

Piers Morgan and Richard Tice .. a pair of ****in  wankers  ! 

Harry Potter

Note to customer , when using hoover , dont sook up a sock, they get stuck in the nozzle, making

the machine inoperable, :facepalm:.

On 01/05/2023 at 22:00, Helzibob said:

A relative on Mrs Ribble's side passed away recently, direct cremation but the family had a humanist service in the hall of the bowling club he frequented, as he'd died of cancer he'd known it was coming and he'd planned it all out, even wrote his own eulogy! First and only funeral i've been to where the deceased had insisted it be a celebration and everyone was on strict instructions to have a drink in their hand for the service!

All roads lead to Gorgie

Car insurance going up by over £200. Changed provider, feel better now.

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Ribble said:

A relative on Mrs Ribble's side passed away recently, direct cremation but the family had a humanist service in the hall of the bowling club he frequented, as he'd died of cancer he'd known it was coming and he'd planned it all out, even wrote his own eulogy! First and only funeral i've been to where the deceased had insisted it be a celebration and everyone was on strict instructions to have a drink in their hand for the service!

I was at a Humanist funeral last year . I enjoyed it ( if you can say you enjoyed a funeral ) it was her wishes .a change from nonsense from that fairy tale book and dull hymns 

People who take forever to reply to emails and then eventually reply and then get nippy if you don’t reply instantly. 

Dennis Reynolds

Never been to a religious funeral and only ever been to one religious wedding. All the others, including my own, have been humanist. The only marriage that's failed* is the religious one....

*Currently 

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Calm down, bake yourself another quiche and watch some reruns of Andrew walking up the Royal Mile.

i do have an idea of who took it

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

We got married via a humanist and had a ‘naming’ day for both kids via humanist celebrants. That’s not a seethe for clarity 😃

I much preferred this to any ‘religious’ type ceremony. It’s personalised to the individual(s). 

As an aside I have had met a handful of celebrants over the years and a nicer people I have never met in my life. Probably just luck but all fantastic people on multiple levels. 

I would certainly like my funeral to be a celebration of my life. I would like to be remembered with happy emotions and also I imagine it will make things a bit easier for my nearest and dearest. 

No real point I guess other than I agree Humanist ceremonies make the best of a difficult situation. 

Agreed . 👍

26 minutes ago, superjack said:

I've just read an article that animal testing of cosmetic products is to be allowed again! 

Animals dying just so people can look better.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-65484552

Another Brexit Benefit!

Get rid of all these snowflake "animal rights" laws that are holding back the Great British Economy!!!!!

1 minute ago, Cade said:

Another Brexit Benefit!

Get rid of all these snowflake "animal rights" laws that are holding back the Great British Economy!!!!!

you might want to read the article as this would be fine if we were still in the EU

But in 2020 the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA), an EU agency which oversees chemical regulation, ruled that companies needed to test some ingredients used in cosmetics on animals to ensure they were safe for workers manufacturing the ingredients

Stuart Lyon

Sainsbury's Taste the Difference Speyside & Highland Malts up in price from £18 to £22 a bottle since last week! A 22.2% increase; rip-off Britain!

been here before
On 01/05/2023 at 22:22, JudyJudyJudy said:

To be honest whilst I respect peoples choice I feel it’s quite selfish . We need to consider those we leave behind and let them have the chance and honour to greive with a funeral of some sort . That’s my view anyway . I feel fir your friend . Yes hopefully your parents will be a long time away . 

You can even turn someones last wishes into being about you.

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, been here before said:

You can even turn someones last wishes into being about you.

Bolt. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
4 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Sainsbury's Taste the Difference Speyside & Highland Malts up in price from £18 to £22 a bottle since last week! A 22.2% increase; rip-off Britain!

That's so they can have a "special offer" of the old price in a month or so. They all do it and we fall for it. 

On 05/05/2023 at 12:41, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Car insurance going up by over £200. Changed provider, feel better now.

The RAC wanted an extra £40 for renewal for mine. Checked Gocompare and Comparethemarket and between the two, there was only one provider cheaper, and that was only by a few quid so not worth changing. That's the first time I've seen that.

All roads lead to Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Meathook said:

The RAC wanted an extra £40 for renewal for mine. Checked Gocompare and Comparethemarket and between the two, there was only one provider cheaper, and that was only by a few quid so not worth changing. That's the first time I've seen that.

Even with inflation there is no excuse for the rises. If anything there should be a reduction in accidents as people can't afford to use there vehicles as much as they did in years gone by.

2 hours ago, R9. said:

Mine went up £200 as well I looked about and couldn’t get it lower my car insurance was 260 last year 460 this year absolutely ridiculous

2 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Even with inflation there is no excuse for the rises. If anything there should be a reduction in accidents as people can't afford to use there vehicles as much as they did in years gone by.

I'm wondering now if the RAC made a mistake with mine. Tough tittie (that must be the first time I've ever typed that 😁) if they did though.

Sooperstar
2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

warmer now, but wasps are out, seethin, 

download.jpg

Found one (a big one at that) building a nest in my shed last night. Tried to attack me. 

Harry Potter
38 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Found one (a big one at that) building a nest in my shed last night. Tried to attack me. 

2 in my bathroom today, could be a nest, 😮

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Nah,  ****ing you

What you getting your snib into it for! 

Tommy Brown
3 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

3 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

2 in my bathroom today, could be a nest, 😮

Leave wasps alone, ya pair of pussies.

They're harmless.

By all means prevent them nest building. You don't want that.

SectionDJambo
4 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

I had one buzzing about my head in my loft at Christmas 

Sooperstar
52 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Leave wasps alone, ya pair of pussies.

They're harmless.

By all means prevent them nest building. You don't want that.

Any time I get a chance to kill a wasp it will be killed. 

Tommy Brown
29 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Any time I get a chance to kill a wasp it will be killed. 

Booooooo

Important wee pollinators

Crabit wee shits at the end ( sep/oct)

We need them, shoo them away

Save the wasp.

Edited by Tommy Brown

Sleepy head
6 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Using your buzz saw was it?

Dennis Reynolds

Finally got round to getting a couple of new kegs for my perfect draft machine and it won't turn on now.

:muggy: