The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

Салатные палочки
10 minutes ago, Helzibob said:

Had the widows open all day trying to get some air into the house and now there’s loads of daddy longlegs flying about and I can’t reach them to evict them. 

Can't win can you. We're the same. Working from home today meant I didn't have the benefit of the air conditioning system so the windows were open to the first latch so the wee one doesn't take a header out them. The flies and bluebottles can find their way through the gap on the way in but can't seem to on the way out. 

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lazy f*c*ers that dinae crush their empty booze or mixer cans @ a party when they ken damn fine the council's running a reduced recycling collection policy...scum!...:biggrin2:

On 09/08/2020 at 21:13, Thommo414 said:

Planned what I thought would be a really good way to finally propose to the Mrs, just to find out that her pal has managed to get engaged a week beforehand, making it look like a “stolen” idea apparently. On top of that, I’ve since had to reveal what my plan was. 

It’s going ahead, but I’ll be lying if I say I’m not pissed about the circumstances 

As long as your wee diamond says yes, life's good.

Harry Potter
11 hours ago, jonesy said:

First world seethe:

We have two cars. One big muckle estate and one tiny wee Suzuki Alto that’s 15 years old. The attitude of other drivers depending on which car I’m in still shocks me.  

Even though I was doing the standard 30 in a 20 (aka the Edinburgh cruise) early doors this morning in the Suzuki, some in a Volvo decided to overtake. Had the same the other night with a boy racer in a Focus.

Love rolling up behind these wee clowns at the next set of lights. 

Lucky if  go 200 yards now without some clown doing my head in , standard

of driving n Edinburgh is at an all time low, mind you its all over. rush rush rush.

On 10/08/2020 at 22:58, Lone Striker said:

Those Aberdeen ar5eholes who were caught breaking their club guidance about going  out to pubs said they were pure dead sorry and issued something called an "unreserved" apology.  What the feck is  an  "unreserved" apology ?   Maybe someone could explain what a "reserved" apology looks like ? 

‘I’m sorry, but......’ would be a reserved apology, unreserved is just an apology with no reason or excuse given for the behaviour being apologised for

11 hours ago, jonesy said:

First world seethe:

We have two cars. One big muckle estate and one tiny wee Suzuki Alto that’s 15 years old. The attitude of other drivers depending on which car I’m in still shocks me.  

Even though I was doing the standard 30 in a 20 (aka the Edinburgh cruise) early doors this morning in the Suzuki, some in a Volvo decided to overtake. Had the same the other night with a boy racer in a Focus.

Love rolling up behind these wee clowns at the next set of lights. 

Yesterday I was overtaken on one of the few roads in Edinburgh where the 20 limit actually makes sense, Lower Granton Road! Due to the parked cars there’s barely enough room for cars travelling in opposite directions to pass each other yet the clown yesterday must have accelerated up to at least 40 to get past me, as you said I was right behind him again by the time we got to the lights at Asda newhaven

14 hours ago, OBE said:

Lazy f*c*ers that dinae crush their empty booze or mixer cans @ a party when they ken damn fine the council's running a reduced recycling collection policy...scum!...:biggrin2:

I met a chap that worked in recycling and he told me not to crush cans. Said if you do most of them end up in landfill and don’t get recycled as they’re too flat for the machines to recognise and they just auto get sorted into the landfill pile. 

2 hours ago, Ribble said:

Yesterday I was overtaken on one of the few roads in Edinburgh where the 20 limit actually makes sense, Lower Granton Road! Due to the parked cars there’s barely enough room for cars travelling in opposite directions to pass each other yet the clown yesterday must have accelerated up to at least 40 to get past me, as you said I was right behind him again by the time we got to the lights at Asda newhaven

Trying to overtake on that road defies belief. Arguably one of the worst roads in Edinburgh to drive along.

Harry Potter
3 hours ago, Ribble said:

Deffo issues wi folk like that, not wired up right.

16 hours ago, OBE said:

As long as your wee diamond says yes, life's good.

14 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

She did!

Maybe best not to let her know it's on the 'Seethe'  thread on Kickback 😂😂

Congratulations, by the way :D

3 hours ago, Boof said:

Maybe best not to let her know it's on the 'Seethe'  thread on Kickback 😂😂

Congratulations, by the way :D

In my defence (famous last words), her saying yes wasn’t *the* seethe...

...not yet, anyway!

Cheers mate! 🍻

11 hours ago, weehammy said:

Crazy Edinburgh road closures. Travelling today from Braids to Broughton had to go and return using a circuitous route via Lothian Road ,now the only North/South option for cars due to Mound,Waverley Bridge, Leith Street, Leith Walk (westbound) being closed . York Place also due to close soon so that whole area best avoided. Some of this is construction related but much is cooncil anti-car stuff.  Cant see the logic of effectively cutting off the city centre and doubling journey distances thereby increasing exhaust pollution. Same with Green Party—blackmailed mothballing of Sherrifhall improvements. How does it help the environment to have long queues of idling traffic?

Lesley McInnes and Adam McVey have taken full advantage of emergency Covid powers to hammer home their anti-car agenda and none of it actually makes any sense! Take closing the road through the middle of Leith Links, it's just causing congestion on the roads around it and all to create more walking and cycling space next to a wide open park?!? 

6 hours ago, Ribble said:

Lesley McInnes and Adam McVey have taken full advantage of emergency Covid powers to hammer home their anti-car agenda and none of it actually makes any sense! Take closing the road through the middle of Leith Links, it's just causing congestion on the roads around it and all to create more walking and cycling space next to a wide open park?!? 

They have coned off areas parallel with the railings at Tollcross outside the Sonos shop and something similar at the railings opposite the bottom of Belgrave Terrace. Underneath the bridge just before Robbie Avenue is another cone forest and they have done way with the lane for turning right at the lights. As you say this is the Clowncil introducing what they claim to be temporary measures under the Covid powers without consultation. I am positive they will seek to make most of these measures permanent!

2 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

They have coned off areas parallel with the railings at Tollcross outside the Sonos shop and something similar at the railings opposite the bottom of Belgrave Terrace. Underneath the bridge just before Robbie Avenue is another cone forest and they have done way with the lane for turning right at the lights. As you say this is the Clowncil introducing what they claim to be temporary measures under the Covid powers without consultation. I am positive they will seek to make most of these measures permanent!

Yeah, nothing temporary about it, they've even re-done the double yellows and cycle lanes on Ferry Road

3fingersreid

As to the cones , on both the Old Dalkeith road and Crewe road south , routes to the hospitals , they have narrowed the roads with cones separating cyclists and vehicles , fair enough , but when the traffic is busy it’s going to slow down ambulances as it’s very tight due to the cones reducing the amount the vehicles can move to the side . 

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

As to the cones , on both the Old Dalkeith road and Crewe road south , routes to the hospitals , they have narrowed the roads with cones separating cyclists and vehicles , fair enough , but when the traffic is busy it’s going to slow down ambulances as it’s very tight due to the cones reducing the amount the vehicles can move to the side . 

I had a hospital appointment this morning, somewhat it was a strange drive. 😳

I guess it won’t be long until the cones disappear / nicked overnight....

The plans for the Low Traffic Area in East Craigs look like they will cause some bother. Particularly the junction at The Spice Lounge.

On 16/08/2020 at 08:25, Sooperstar said:

Did she say yes twice?

She did actually...then a few more times later that evening :jjyay:

In all seriousness though, i seem to be having issues with the loading times on this site so I keep double posting 

3fingersreid
15 hours ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

I had a hospital appointment this morning, somewhat it was a strange drive. 😳

I guess it won’t be long until the cones disappear / nicked overnight....

My small seethe is I wish I’d invested in the manufacturing of traffic cones , Edinburgh alone would’ve made me rich 

still I hope you got to your app on time 👍🏻

18 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Yeah thought some sort of rumble strip would have been just as effective at keeping traffic off the cycle lane but easier to pull into the side in emergencies

The temporary measures on George IV Bridge look pretty permanent to me!

Edinburgh is awash with roadworks never mind the Clowncil's Spaces for People crap. York Place a nightmare today as was Hamilton Place, Raeburn Place & Comely Bank! 

Edited by Stuart Lyon

3fingersreid
3 hours ago, Ribble said:

Yeah thought some sort of rumble strip would have been just as effective at keeping traffic off the cycle lane but easier to pull into the side in emergencies

I get the need to aid the cyclists safety on the roads, but reducing the width of the roads leading to hospital seems strange . 

Drove for only the 5th time since breaking my leg in May.

Cyclists running red lights....check. 

Behind a car 27 mph in a 40mph.....check.

Roadworks with no work being done....check.

SUV driving over middle of road towards me....check.

My blood pressure must have been fantastic before this week.

On 16/08/2020 at 10:58, Helzibob said:

I met a chap that worked in recycling and he told me not to crush cans. Said if you do most of them end up in landfill and don’t get recycled as they’re too flat for the machines to recognise and they just auto get sorted into the landfill pile. 

I've got my doubts. The compressor on the bucket motor must distort the flimsy aluminium cans beyond all recognition.

Салатные палочки

They're remaking Planes, Trains and Automobiles with Will Smith and Kevin Hart. 

:muggy:

No need. 

41 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

They're remaking Planes, Trains and Automobiles with Will Smith and Kevin Hart. 

:muggy:

No need. 

Wish they would leave the bloody classics alone 😡

Car in the garage with sensor fault for the rear lights, phone call from the garage 'your rear tires are almost bare, want us to change them for 160 quid a tire?' Eh no thanks you scamming pricks

Young couple jumped into the Seeeeaaaat scratched tae ***k dented tae ***k, opened the car door dumped 2 half empty cans of irn brew and half a dozen wet wipes on the pavement and ***ked off. With gloved hand I picked them up and fired them in their mothers garden, I think she saw me, but no confrontation, maybe happen when the youngsters return later.

left work early today to work from home and was planning on working from home tomorrow. I get a call half an hour ago that i need to go in tomorrow to do some testing.

:arghh:

Waited in for a delivery and an hour after it was scheduled to be here I got an email from the carrier saying the delivery failed because I wasn't in.

These guys normally call when they're half an hour away as well, which they didn't. I call them and the lass on the phone says they came because they took a photograph of the front of my building. Why didn't they call me? They had the wrong phone number she tells me. She told me this without even asking for confirmation of my number. Why didn't they use the door buzzer? I do 1471 on my landline whilst on the call and nobodies used the buzzer for two days so they can't even claim to have done that.

Why would you show up at an address and take a picture and not even attempt to deliver? Don't think they were even near me!

Just got home report back as we're selling the flat, marked down to a 2 for drainage in the shared back garden. Presume everybody else in the country that got a home report last week after the massive thunderstorm was also marked down for general gardens being a bit soggy and damp after a months worth of rain inside 36 hours? Didn't impact the value that came back but still bloody annoying. 

Harry Potter
14 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Just got home report back as we're selling the flat, marked down to a 2 for drainage in the shared back garden. Presume everybody else in the country that got a home report last week after the massive thunderstorm was also marked down for general gardens being a bit soggy and damp after a months worth of rain inside 36 hours? Didn't impact the value that came back but still bloody annoying. 

Aye be a lot of folk in the same boat no doubt, good luck on the sale.

On 19/08/2020 at 16:53, IronJambo said:

Waited in for a delivery and an hour after it was scheduled to be here I got an email from the carrier saying the delivery failed because I wasn't in.

These guys normally call when they're half an hour away as well, which they didn't. I call them and the lass on the phone says they came because they took a photograph of the front of my building. Why didn't they call me? They had the wrong phone number she tells me. She told me this without even asking for confirmation of my number. Why didn't they use the door buzzer? I do 1471 on my landline whilst on the call and nobodies used the buzzer for two days so they can't even claim to have done that.

Why would you show up at an address and take a picture and not even attempt to deliver? Don't think they were even near me!

I've caught a royal mail delivery man posting a "you were not in" card through my door when I was at home.
When challenged he admitted he didn't even have the package on his van due to space constraints.
I did not pay for a click and collect services from their bloody sorting depot.
Chancing *******s.

1 hour ago, Cade said:

I've caught a royal mail delivery man posting a "you were not in" card through my door when I was at home.
When challenged he admitted he didn't even have the package on his van due to space constraints.
I did not pay for a click and collect services from their bloody sorting depot.
Chancing *******s.

Sorting depot thing does my head in, missed delivery in leith but need to go to portobello to pick it up? (not to mention that i'd not want my mrs walking down that estate on her own when it's dark, especially to collect a parcel that might be valuable)

Edited by Ribble

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Aye be a lot of folk in the same boat no doubt, good luck on the sale.

Cheers

4 hours ago, Ribble said:

These folks are clowns. I had a district valuer round last year for a mortgage valuation and he pretty much told me that he had no real way putting values on places. He then went and valued it for 10% less than it was two years before. It never effected my mortgage because of the equity in the property but in a different scenario it could've had an impact on the LTV. 

1 hour ago, IronJambo said:

These folks are clowns. I had a district valuer round last year for a mortgage valuation and he pretty much told me that he had no real way putting values on places. He then went and valued it for 10% less than it was two years before. It never effected my mortgage because of the equity in the property but in a different scenario it could've had an impact on the LTV. 

Yeah the whole home report thing is a scam, 5-600 quid for a 20 min inspection?

11 hours ago, Ribble said:

We don't have it in ingerland. It seems pretty expensive at that though. I'm sure a basic valuation here is £150-200 which the buyer needs to do for a mortgage. You only do this when you have an offer accepted on a property though.

I'm sure with the mental system in Scotland, that we previously had everyone that was bidding had surveys done (I think)so the surveyor was being paid numerous times for the same work.

I guess the home report protects buyers from paying for numerous surveys for different properties. The caveat being it's overpriced for the seller. Possibly a fair price for the actual type of survey? They probably had to make it at that level to appease surveyors and the industry might've went under when they're gravy train was taken away from them.

Harry Potter
17 hours ago, Ribble said:

Must be better regulation for this essential / important service, when considering what it costs.

Or a governing body to complain to if you feel the service was very poor.

Dennis Reynolds

Drove through Leith earlier and the amount of roadworks made a 10min journey into 45mins! Every which way I went the road was closed or there was temporary traffic lights :muggy: Got stuck on junction street at a set of lights that just wouldn't change. Traffic going across and pedestrians went through three times :getout:

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, LMc said:

Drove through Leith earlier and the amount of roadworks made a 10min journey into 45mins! Every which way I went the road was closed or there was temporary traffic lights :muggy: Got stuck on junction street at a set of lights that just wouldn't change. Traffic going across and pedestrians went through three times :getout:

Edinburgh town centre and any roads near it are a nightmare to drive on.

1 hour ago, LMc said:

Why anybody would travel through Leith at any time in the next few years as the Trams are messed about with is beyond me.

Give it a wide berth.