The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

All roads lead to Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Cade said:

Why anybody would travel through Leith at any time in the next few years as the Trams are messed about with is beyond me.

Give it a wide berth.

I thought all the pipe work had been completed under Leith Walk before the plug was pulled on the tram project but now they seem to be back laying pipes again. Going to be total chaos for ages down there if turns out as complicated as Haymarket and the west ended up being.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Looks like the resurfacing work in Ponton Street includes a fixed cycle lane on the west side.

Maybe they could start on bankhead drive now, its a disgrace.

2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Maybe they could start on bankhead drive now, its a disgrace.

Not sure what they were doing but a chunk of it was closed (may still be?) a few weeks ago for works. Unfortunately it was the Westbound side of the road at the bottom of Sighthill Park, whereas it is the Eastbound side that needs the resurfacing.

Ok,I’m raging I got a bottle of Hearts vodka for my birthday.

Why am I raging you ask,well I just opened it and it’s gin.

it had a hearts vodka label on the neck so I never checked.

it does say gin on the back of the bottle ,I never thought to check I don’t even see gin on the hearts direct site.

Harry Potter
10 hours ago, obua said:

it does say gin on the back of the bottle ,I never thought to check I don’t even see gin on the hearts direct site.

Strange that one.

10 hours ago, obua said:

This is a gold seethe. It put a smile on my face. More like this please.

11 hours ago, obua said:

Lucky *******, gins a much better drink. It's technically correct as well because you need vodka to make gin

22 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Lucky *******, gins a much better drink. It's technically correct as well because you need vodka to make gin

Gin is definitely better if you like drinking perfume. Otherwise it is best to stick with the vodka.

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Gin is definitely better if you like drinking perfume. Otherwise it is best to stick with the vodka.

Sounds like you've only ever drank a badly made g&t. I've heard this said many times and most change their minds after they've had a proper one.

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, IronJambo said:

You should be a politician, you managed to put a positive spin on that situation 😀.

3 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Lovely dog turd left at my gate, managed to put the wheely bin right through it☹️, ragin.

What makes you so sure it was a dog turd?

Nor Easterly wind direction in August, becoming more and more of a constant. My Siler Birk is shedding leaves and other flaky shit in my own garden. Radge neighbour to the East is cheesing though...:angry:

Garvock jambo

Sports commentors who say in any sport "they just about" scored, saved a goal, corner, throw in, why don't they just state the bleeding obvious, they either did or they didn't, gets on my threepenny bits 

That Tampax advert 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Get em up there girls, Its ****ing manky. Imagain an advert telling guys to wash the smeg off your cock so it doesn't get all infected, there would be an outrage.

Harry Potter
4 hours ago, Herbert said:

That Tampax advert 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Get em up there girls, Its ****ing manky. Imagain an advert telling guys to wash the smeg off your cock so it doesn't get all infected, there would be an outrage.

🤣, one day there will be no adverts, please , cant wait.

Dennis Reynolds
4 hours ago, Herbert said:

That Tampax advert 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Two completely different things. If you think putting a tampon in is manky and an advert makes you seethe then it says a lot more about you tbh.

38 minutes ago, LMc said:

Two completely different things. If you think putting a tampon in is manky and an advert makes you seethe then it says a lot more about you tbh.

So mens health is not as important as womens? 

Mind pull it back boys 

Салатные палочки
18 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Mind pull it back boys 

:laugh: I remember my dad's awkward conversation with me about making sure I clean the Johnson correctly, replicated perfectly by me with my son. 

Dennis Reynolds
2 hours ago, Herbert said:

Mind pull it back boys 

Eh? Where did I say that? 🤔

Lone Striker

Bloody car insurance !!  The auto-renewal  default is a gift (verging on a scam) to these insurance companies.   😠

I got a renewal quote in at the start of August .... bloody £65 higher than current.  Decide to switch to another company.  Tried a direct quote on other company's website - only £20 higher than current.... and fixed for 3 years,.  Result !!   So purchased it.    Feeling quite smug at this point, next task is to get  current company to cancel renewal.  Turns out, you can't cancel it on their website, and the chat dude won't do it either ..... you need to phone them. :wallbash:

I called them... sat in a queue for 20 mins.  Got through to a guy, told him I wanted to cancel renewal. The bar steward tried to give me a new quote that would beat  the original .... told him not to bother, since I've moved to another company ...... he proceeded to give me the new (unwanted) quote anyway, which was still more than the new policy I'd just bought.  Eventually, he gave in... said he'd cancel the renewal, and it would be confirmed by email in the next 3 days.

3 days later, no email.  Instead, another  reminder that my policy will auto-renew !!   :wallbash:  Seethe starting to build.  Decided to fill in a  complaint form on their website.  Tbf, their complaints guy got back to me within 6 hours ..... and since the call I made had been recorded, he was able to  listen to it  and agreed that the agent had failed to do what he said he'd do.   Hearty apology from the complaints guy.   Hearty kick up the erse on its way for the first guy, by the sound of things  !!  👍

What a palaver - you could even say it was a bit of a Saga  :whistling:

13 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Bloody car insurance !!  The auto-renewal  default is a gift (verging on a scam) to these insurance companies.   😠

I got a renewal quote in at the start of August .... bloody £65 higher than current.  Decide to switch to another company.  Tried a direct quote on other company's website - only £20 higher than current.... and fixed for 3 years,.  Result !!   So purchased it.    Feeling quite smug at this point, next task is to get  current company to cancel renewal.  Turns out, you can't cancel it on their website, and the chat dude won't do it either ..... you need to phone them. :wallbash:

I called them... sat in a queue for 20 mins.  Got through to a guy, told him I wanted to cancel renewal. The bar steward tried to give me a new quote that would beat  the original .... told him not to bother, since I've moved to another company ...... he proceeded to give me the new (unwanted) quote anyway, which was still more than the new policy I'd just bought.  Eventually, he gave in... said he'd cancel the renewal, and it would be confirmed by email in the next 3 days.

3 days later, no email.  Instead, another  reminder that my policy will auto-renew !!   :wallbash:  Seethe starting to build.  Decided to fill in a  complaint form on their website.  Tbf, their complaints guy got back to me within 6 hours ..... and since the call I made had been recorded, he was able to  listen to it  and agreed that the agent had failed to do what he said he'd do.   Hearty apology from the complaints guy.   Hearty kick up the erse on its way for the first guy, by the sound of things  !!  👍

What a palaver - you could even say it was a bit of a Saga  :whistling:

Had similar with the house insurance recently, guy spent ages trying to give me a new quote when I said right at the start that i'd taken out a new policy with someone else. If you aren't going to send me your best renewal quote first time i'll go somewhere else ratehr than stay with someone trying to con me!

Braid Road closure - absolute nonsensical idea. Just throws extra traffic onto Comiston Road! This morning I was in a slow moving convoy of vehicles heading south on Comiston Road and there were children from S Morningside school playing in the playground. All getting the benefit of the emissions from more vehicles than normal passing by.

Trying to get black jeans to fit my son, fairly tall, slim, long leg and as fit as a fiddle, if they fit him in the waist they're too short in the leg, if they fit his leg they're too big in the waist🤬

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Every anti-car measure by the frothing bike-shaggers in the council is simply a reactive measure designed to generate a couple of headlines with no consideration for how it impacts residents or workers.

Covid has given McVey & McInnes the only excuse they needed to grab their 2 mins of fame with this 'Spaces for People (unless they have the audacity to drive)' programme

Салатные палочки

Adverts making the page jump about like **** every time you try to comment. 

End up losing posts and then can't be arsed retyping it.

Might not be a bad thing for you lot though :sadrobbo:

Someone has clearly posted a dodgy link or embedded something corrupted on the trump thread as it crashes my browser every time I open it now. It’s happened before and I’ll only be able to open it once it’s opened another page. 

2 hours ago, Ribble said:

Covid has given McVey & McInnes the only excuse they needed to grab their 2 mins of fame with this 'Spaces for People (unless they have the audacity to drive)' programme

What I originally thought was a fixed cycleway under construction at Ponton ST turns out to be permanent pavement widening. The knock-on effect is that the road will be reduced from 3 to 2 lanes with the result being congestion for vehicles turning right at Fountain bridge. This will mean increased pollution right outside the playground of Tollcross school. Who dreams up these mad ideas.

Bloody Bus Lane fine through the door, picture shows bus lane on Commercial Street totally clear and my car 30% over the line into an empty bus stop as I was moving over into the correct lane to go straight ahead (bus lane ends 10-15 feet past the bus stop).

Not to mention the absolute scam that if you wish to challenge it the councils conditions are that by doing so you accept that the fine is £60 and not the £30 'discounted amount'

luckyBatistuta
32 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

What I originally thought was a fixed cycleway under construction at Ponton ST turns out to be permanent pavement widening. The knock-on effect is that the road will be reduced from 3 to 2 lanes with the result being congestion for vehicles turning right at Fountain bridge. This will mean increased pollution right outside the playground of Tollcross school. Who dreams up these mad ideas.

Someone who doesn’t drive😡🤬

luckyBatistuta
14 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Trying to get black jeans to fit my son, fairly tall, slim, long leg and as fit as a fiddle, if they fit him in the waist they're too short in the leg, if they fit his leg they're too big in the waist🤬

Needs to get a waistline like his dad then...sorted

28 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Someone who doesn’t drive😡🤬

Yes! Just read the EEN article about the public meeting the CeC Transport Convener (should be called the cycling, walking and public transport convener) had with East Craigs residents last night. Doesn't sound like she will take a blind bit of notice of their objections to the Low Traffic Neighbourhood for their area. 

Dennis Reynolds
1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Bloody Bus Lane fine through the door, picture shows bus lane on Commercial Street totally clear and my car 30% over the line into an empty bus stop as I was moving over into the correct lane to go straight ahead (bus lane ends 10-15 feet past the bus stop).

Not to mention the absolute scam that if you wish to challenge it the councils conditions are that by doing so you accept that the fine is £60 and not the £30 'discounted amount'

When was this from? I thought the bus lane was out of use? It may have changed recently though.

Funnily enough my mother in law received one recently from there.... From last October! It had went all the way to the sheriff court and a debt collection agency before she heard about it. £171 after additional costs added. Currently trying to get in contact with the council to appeal it which is a nightmare.

2 hours ago, LMc said:

When was this from? I thought the bus lane was out of use? It may have changed recently though.

Funnily enough my mother in law received one recently from there.... From last October! It had went all the way to the sheriff court and a debt collection agency before she heard about it. £171 after additional costs added. Currently trying to get in contact with the council to appeal it which is a nightmare.

Thursday, I also thought it was still out of use but it's so badly surfaced I avoided using it anyway, only moving into the left hand lane when I was nearly at the ocean terminal junction.

6 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Needs to get a waistline like his dad then...sorted

A waiste  line.....me?.......I can barely remember that far back😞😞

luckyBatistuta
41 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

A waiste  line.....me?.......I can barely remember that far back😞😞

🤣🤣🤣   Dawn ‘ex sh#gg#r’ razor. A spent force

It seems some permanent changes are proposed for Braid Road according to information from Ian Murray's recent newsletter

"I have also been informed that any reopening will include a cycle lane and parking suspension on the road.:

So will that reduce an already narrow road so that it becomes one way only? Will the cycle lane be on the left hand side going up or on the other side? Bearing in mind how steep a climb this presents do many cyclists actually attempt to travel south from the Hermitage of Braid path? Where will the walkers park their cars in future? So many unanswered questions and so little consultation because the CeC SNP/Labour coalition are hiding behind the Covid powers that they  criticise at Westminster level.

On 01/09/2020 at 12:07, Ribble said:

Aye - that's an absolute bummer. 

I got done for briefly  being in a bus lane at Sighthill in December.  I'm usually only in Edinburgh  at times when the bus lanes aren't in operation (like for Hearts games) but on this occasion I was at a hospital appointment which overran which meant  I was trying to head for the M8 at Hermiston  after 4.30  and simply forgot, but reckon  it was only about 10 seconds until I realised & moved out of it.    It's bloody difficult to negotiate these roundabouts in the dark at rush hour without getting in the "wrong lane" or getting hooted at by other drivers anyway. The bus lane starts about 15 yards after you leave the roundabout !!

Letter came through the post a few days later with photo - it was dark, all cars with headlights on, and you couldn't tell the make of car or anything.    As you say, there's a big incentive just to pay up !!      Seems similar to the SPFL - "you dare to challenge our decision outwith our in-house process, we'll slap a fine on you ..... so best idea is not to challenge us at all"

On 01/09/2020 at 11:18, Tazio said:

Someone has clearly posted a dodgy link or embedded something corrupted on the trump thread as it crashes my browser every time I open it now. It’s happened before and I’ll only be able to open it once it’s opened another page. 

Sounds like your  browser has recognised the correlation between these 3 words   :whistling: 

4 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

yet more mind boggling proposals

New bus lane from Cramond Brig to Barnton junction on what is already a reasonably fast moving 40mph stretch of road

A89 eastbound towards Newbridge getting a bus lane to accommodate the 5 buses per hour during peak times

How to solve the congestion on the bridges? Extend the kerbs out a bit at bus stops?!?

luckyBatistuta
5 hours ago, Ribble said:

yet more mind boggling proposals

New bus lane from Cramond Brig to Barnton junction on what is already a reasonably fast moving 40mph stretch of road

A89 eastbound towards Newbridge getting a bus lane to accommodate the 5 buses per hour during peak times

How to solve the congestion on the bridges? Extend the kerbs out a bit at bus stops?!?

They’re not trying to solve congestion. They are trying to cause as much as possible and grind the motorist down until they agree to a congestion charge, or give up their cars.

Dennis Reynolds
5 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

They’re not trying to solve congestion. They are trying to cause as much as possible and grind the motorist down until they agree to a congestion charge, or give up their cars.

Yep.

55 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Or do what I’m planning and leave Edinburgh, combined with property prices and the constant attack on cars by mcvey and mcinnes I’m sick of Edinburgh and intend to be living in fife by the end of the year