The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

8 hours ago, Ribble said:

Or do what Iā€™m planning and leave Edinburgh, combined with property prices and the constant attack on cars by mcvey and mcinnes Iā€™m sick of Edinburgh and intend to be living in fife by the end of the year

Sorry to hear you have given up on civilised living.

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

A dog poo outside my gate is not civilised living lol.

Im like a dug wi a bone over this.šŸ˜

2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Ā 

Grew up in the sticks and moved into the city 12/13 years ago and the last 6 months have been the first time i've even thought of moving out the city and the last couple of months of car driver persecution has just been the tipping point for me, will be looking forward to being able to drive at more then 20mph within 30mins of my house, being able to park at my house at any time of day rather than 3/4 streets away, not listening to sirens, trafficĀ and roadworks all day.

luckyBatistuta
14 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Ā 

Grew up in the sticks and moved into the city 12/13 years ago and the last 6 months have been the first time i've even thought of moving out the city and the last couple of months of car driver persecution has just been the tipping point for me, will be looking forward to being able to drive at more then 20mph within 30mins of my house, being able to park at my house at any time of day rather than 3/4 streets away, not listening to sirens, trafficĀ and roadworks all day.

Youā€™re not alone with this. I speak to people all the time who have or are thinking of dad owing the exact same thing. Iā€™m actually in the process of doing the opposite though. I grew up in the city, but at the momentĀ Iā€™m just outside the city boundary, but about to move back in...must be off my rockeršŸ¤Ŗ

Edited by luckyBatistuta

been here before
On 22/08/2020 at 23:39, obua said:

Ok,Iā€™m raging I got a bottle of Hearts vodka for my birthday.

Why am I raging you ask,well I just opened it and itā€™s gin.

it had a hearts vodka label on the neck so I never checked.

it does sayĀ gin on the back of the bottle ,I never thought to check I donā€™t even see gin on the hearts direct site.

Ā 

Phoodle oot.

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Youā€™re not alone with this. I speak to people all the time who have or are thinking of dad owing the exact same thing. Iā€™m actually in the process of doing the opposite though. I grew up in the city, but at the momentĀ Iā€™m just outside the city boundary, but about to move back in...must be off my rockeršŸ¤Ŗ

Ā 

Think it's a bit of an age thing too, not out anywhere as much these days so proximity to the boozer isn't such an issue, plus i'll permanently be working from home at least 4 days a week so need something bigger so I can have a home office.

Ā 

If you are are looking to move into the city I've got a 1 bed flat for sale near the shore hahaĀ 

Dennis Reynolds

I've just bought somewhere centrally but could certainly see myself moving outwith Edinburgh in the next 5-10 years tbh.Ā 

Ā 

Got a new job at the end of last year that initially had one day a week WFH but can see that increasing to 3/4 days going forward. I think if I'd known that was going to happen it may have changed things a bit.Ā 

Ā 

If only I had 20/20 hindsight!

Ā 

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Ā 

Think it's a bit of an age thing too, not out anywhere as much these days so proximity to the boozer isn't such an issue, plus i'll permanently be working from home at least 4 days a week so need something bigger so I can have a home office.

Ā 

If you are are looking to move into the city I've got a 1 bed flat for sale near the shore hahaĀ 

šŸ˜‚ Wrong side of town for me bud.Ā Normally you would shift that easily, but I think a lot of folk are offloading 1/2 bedroom flats that were possibly bought for AirBnB etc and Leith is the biggest hotspot in Edinburgh for them.

1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

šŸ˜‚ Wrong side of town for me bud.Ā Normally you would shift that easily, but I think a lot of folk are offloading 1/2 bedroom flats that were possibly bought for AirBnB etc and Leith is the biggest hotspot in Edinburgh for them.

Ā 

To be honest there's not a huge number on the market (1 beds at least) so may well be a covid nervousness from 1st time buyers more than anything else

luckyBatistuta
49 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Ā 

To be honest there's not a huge number on the market (1 beds at least) so may well be a covid nervousness from 1st time buyers more than anything else

Could well be that. Iā€™m still staggered at the fact house prices are going crazy. Under the current climate, I thought there would be a drop off in prices, but they are still going up.Ā My house has been sitting in boxes since September last year, after the folk buying mine pulled out on me the day before (was part of a scam) Iā€™ve sold now and folk waiting to move in, but Iā€™m now having to move in with my mother-in-law until I find something. We put an offer in recently for a property that we put in a reasonable offer for what it was worth. We offered Ā£20k over the valuation and were 5th of the 5 bids submittedšŸ¤Ŗ itā€™s mental.

21 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Could well be that. Iā€™m still staggered at the fact house prices are going crazy. Under the current climate, I thought there would be a drop off in prices, but they are still going up.Ā My house has been sitting in boxes since September last year, after the folk buying mine pulled out on me the day before (was part of a scam) Iā€™ve sold now and folk waiting to move in, but Iā€™m now having to move in with my mother-in-law until I find something. We put an offer in recently for a property that we put in a reasonable offer for what it was worth. We offered Ā£20k over the valuation and were 5th of the 5 bids submittedšŸ¤Ŗ itā€™s mental.

Ā 

Out of the 5 viewings we've had we only got feedback from one of them, greek woman who had obviously never been inside a tenement flat before!Ā 

Ā 

Her feedback complained that only 1 of 3 windows had any sort of view as the bathroom and bedroom windows have about a 2 foot gap to the building next door (don't get me started on how next door ever got planning for that). As a comparisonĀ the flats next door andĀ opposite us only have aĀ front facing living room window as there are other properties on every other side so we at least can get fresh air into the bedroom and bathroom.

Ā 

She also said that for the price she'd expect fitted wardrobes so the flat is overpriced, we've got it on the market at offers over the home report valuation of 150k and we have a freestanding wardrobe which combined with the other storage is ok for the two of us.

luckyBatistuta
31 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Ā 

Out of the 5 viewings we've had we only got feedback from one of them, greek woman who had obviously never been inside a tenement flat before!Ā 

Ā 

Her feedback complained that only 1 of 3 windows had any sort of view as the bathroom and bedroom windows have about a 2 foot gap to the building next door (don't get me started on how next door ever got planning for that). As a comparisonĀ the flats next door andĀ opposite us only have aĀ front facing living room window as there are other properties on every other side so we at least can get fresh air into the bedroom and bathroom.

Ā 

She also said that for the price she'd expect fitted wardrobes so the flat is overpriced, we've got it on the market at offers over the home report valuation of 150k and we have a freestanding wardrobe which combined with the other storage is ok for the two of us.

Some folk just canā€™t help themselves, love toĀ complain about anything, erseholes. It seems like you canĀ get planning permission for all sorts these days,Ā that you never used to be able to.

Ā 

šŸ¤ž for you mate.

luckyBatistuta
34 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I also had quite a few people show up with extended family and friends,Ā sometimes 6/7 people and all wandering all over the place. I was panicking stuff was going to get stolen.

3 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Some folk just canā€™t help themselves, love toĀ complain about anything, erseholes. It seems like you canĀ get planning permission for all sorts these days,Ā that you never used to be able to.

Ā 

šŸ¤ž for you mate.

Ā 

Cheers!

Ā 

Think the planning permission or lack of was probably 30 years ago (at least) but if there is ever serious issues with the outside pipework between the two buildings then they'll have to knock out through walls to access the pipes as the gap is too small for someone to get into, far less work in safely.

luckyBatistuta
5 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Ā 

Cheers!

Ā 

Think the planning permission or lack of was probably 30 years ago (at least) but if there is ever serious issues with the outside pipework between the two buildings then they'll have to knock out through walls to access the pipes as the gap is too small for someone to get into, far less work in safely.

Didnā€™t realise you meant that closešŸ˜¬

Ā 

Just made me think of Joey and his neighbourĀ from Friends...Mornings HerešŸ¤£

Š”Š°Š»Š°Ń‚Š½Ń‹Šµ ŠæŠ°Š»Š¾Ń‡ŠŗŠø

Ordered a jacket the other day and it said "Delivered - 4 September".Ā Ā 

Ā 

I then discover that she has went out to her mums and I get a text saying it's on it's way but she isn't in to sign for it.Ā  Would it have hurt her to stay in until it was delivered?Ā Ā 

Ā 

:seething:

• 2 weeks later...

Iā€™ve seen stuff in the press about people booking Air BnB properties for parties, such as the massive ā€œraveā€ at a country house in Midlothian. Then last night discovered it is true, I got back from the shops last night at around 6pm to see 3 young women getting the key to one next to me from the key box. A bit odd as they had local accents and very little luggage with them. Then they seemed to spend the next couple of hours clumping up and down the stairs from the flat and laughing and shouting. Annoying but whatever, then later on it became even worse with male voices added to it and doors slamming constantly, singing, more shouting, screeching. I was considering a visit but wasnā€™t sure I fancied serious confrontation as they didnā€™t sound the nicest people. ThankfullyĀ the neighbour directly next door to it was even more pissed off and called the police. Two cars arrived and emptied about half a dozen neds out the flat and told the young girls to shut the **** up or theyā€™d be back. Cue the next half hour of neds turning up shouting up at the window and then a couple turning up in a car with that shite music they love pumping at full volume and sitting with the windows of the car open until the girls come downstairs and got in and drive off.Ā 
These places are fecking nuisance if you live next to one as thereā€™s no way for the owners to regulate how many people are in them, as thereā€™s no way 3 people should be booking a one bedroom flat in the suburbs but the landlord wouldnā€™t know that. Iā€™ve stayed in them in the past in various cities and the fact you never meet the owner leaves it very open to abuse.Ā 

I got the rage when I saw a keysafe being put up outside my block but then it turned out to be for the family of the old dear that lived in one of the flats so that was alright.

Ā 

We had enough problems with this auld alcoholic guy in another one of the flats and his niece and her pals treating it like a party flat.

Went through hell trying to get rid of him.

Smashed windows, fire in the stair, slashed car tyres, attempted poisoning of pets, various threats then eventually an armedĀ  police siege to physically eject the bawbag.

Ā 

Any time a flat in the stair goes up for sale we're all hoping that it's not going to be an air bnb shithole.

4 minutes ago, Cade said:

I got the rage when I saw a keysafe being put up outside my block but then it turned out to be for the family of the old dear that lived in one of the flats so that was alright.

Ā 

We had enough problems with this auld alcoholic guy in another one of the flats and his niece and her pals treating it like a party flat.

Went through hell trying to get rid of him.

Smashed windows, fire in the stair, slashed car tyres, attempted poisoning of pets, various threats then eventually an armedĀ  police siege to physically eject the bawbag.

Ā 

Any time a flat in the stair goes up for sale we're all hoping that it's not going to be an air bnb shithole.

At one point in our block of 4 we had 2 of them. Luckily the girl who owns the one above me decided it was too much bother and gave up on it and just rented it out as normal flat.Ā 

Added details.Ā 
Ā 

I just looked into the back green and there are bottles and cans everywhere so they were obviously chucking them out the window. Popped out to tidy it and discovered that the front window of the flat is smashed and the Venetian blinds knackered as something had been thrown through them. It takes a fair bit of effort to Chuck something hard enough to go through blinds and smash double glazing, or a large heavy object.Ā 
Sore one for the landlord if they donā€™t have insurance to cover it, and Christ knows what damage has been done to the inside of the property.Ā 

Š”Š°Š»Š°Ń‚Š½Ń‹Šµ ŠæŠ°Š»Š¾Ń‡ŠŗŠø
16 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Nae luck.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

BAEE1BF2-50B1-446D-936E-B821205A666B.jpeg

Ā 

What absolute scum.Ā 

Just now, Salad Fingers said:

Ā 

What absolute scum.Ā 

I just spoke to the poor contract cleaners that have been sent to clear it up. Apparently the inside of the flat isĀ full of rubbish, stuff smashed, broken glasses everywhere. Ā The landlord is currently driving up from England to try and sort things out. And surprise surprise it was a one night booking.Ā 

2 hours ago, Tazio said:

I just spoke to the poor contract cleaners that have been sent to clear it up. Apparently the inside of the flat isĀ full of rubbish, stuff smashed, broken glasses everywhere. Ā The landlord is currently driving up from England to try and sort things out. And surprise surprise it was a one night booking.Ā 

Ā 

Hard to feel sympathetic to absentee landlords using their properties as unlicenced hotels for a quick buck and bring misery to actual residents.

Ā 

Air BnB is a scourge

Edited by Cade

11 minutes ago, Cade said:

Ā 

Hard to feel sympathetic to absentee landlords using their properties as unlicenced hotels for a quick buck and bring misery to actual residents.

Ā 

Air BnB is a scourge

Agree 100%

19 hours ago, Cade said:

Ā 

Ā 

Air BnB is a scourge

Ā 

Totally agree 100%

Firstly pensioners now having to pay for their license fee and yet the BBC are paying these wages .Ā 

Biggest gripe I have is how the hell can Zoe Ball earn that much money for being so bloody atrocious at what she does ? šŸ˜”šŸ˜”šŸ˜”

3DA9028D-40ED-4060-BC47-8C5C63B1A15E.jpeg

5 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Firstly pensioners now having to pay for their license fee and yet the BBC are paying these wages .Ā 

Biggest gripe I have is how the hell can Zoe Ball earn that much money for being so bloody atrocious at what she does ? šŸ˜”šŸ˜”šŸ˜”

Zoe Ball is actually now the top earner. Lineker has recently signed a new contract and taken a pay cut, taking him down to Ā£1.35m.

Dennis Reynolds
On 13/09/2020 at 16:53, Cade said:

Ā 

Ā 

Air BnB is a scourge

Ā 

Agree. My folks had issues a while back with one. Stair door battered in and stuff thrown out the top floor flat. Thankfully the car that would usually be on the recieving end wasn't there. Essentially the people, young teens, had rented it out for a party.Ā 

Ā 

I don't necessarily think AirBnB's are a bad thing but it needs an overhaul badly. The amount in Edinburgh is also ridiculous.

Ā 

Can the landlord claim any money back off the renter? What exactly are the repurcussions other than say just banning their AirBnB account?Ā 

33 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

Zoe Ball is actually now the top earner. Lineker has recently signed a new contract and taken a pay cut, taking him down to Ā£1.35m.

Yeah my thoughts are with him at this terrible financial time heā€™s going through ( I actually donā€™t mind him but thatā€™s still a shit load of money)Ā 

Linekar agreed to a 25% pay cut and toĀ stop winding up gammons on social media.

Ā 

I'd have told them to bolt.

Ā 

Not as if he'd not find work elsewhere.

Edited by Cade

2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Astonishing, isn't it.Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā And obscene.

Ā 

Since when has Shearer been a "presenter"Ā  ?Ā Ā  Ā  And who the feck is Stephen Nolan ?

Ā 

SoĀ Ken Bruce up to Steve WrightĀ  hasĀ a range of 90k .... then a big jump to Graham NortonĀ  ...... then an even bigger jump toĀ  ......

Ā 

Zoe Ball ??Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  WTF !!Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Surely this is some kind ofĀ diversity box-ticking exerciseĀ  .... just pick a woman and pay her a shedload of money thats a notch below Lineker.Ā  Ā  Job done.Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  The BMEĀ  lawyers will be all over this soon.Ā  Ā Ā 

Ā 

Lauren Laverne ??Ā  Ā  Ā Why ?

Vanessa FeltzĀ  ??Ā  Ā  Ā  Why ?

Ā 

Ā 

Samuel Camazzola
On 14/09/2020 at 11:52, Cade said:

Travis' new song rhyming "mirror" with "nearer".

Pronouncing "mirror" as "meerrrr" like they're American.

Ā 

:seething:

Ā 

It does include the delightful Susannah Hoffs though. ā™„Ā 

On the note of Air BnB rentalā€™s.

Ā 

I hate most landlords. Itā€™s ridiculous they can make so much money from ripping of those who canā€™t get onto the property ladder.

Ā 

Many of whom, are scumbags who wouldnā€™t stay in the place they are making a fortune from.

Ā 

Iā€™ve recently got my own council place (thanks again to those who helped), but spent years renting from scumbag landlords.

Ā 

I would tax the hell out of them, and any rent shouldnā€™t be more than a percentage of their mortgage.

12 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Yeah my thoughts are with him at this terrible financial time heā€™s going through ( I actually donā€™t mind him but thatā€™s still a shit load of money)Ā 

Disgusting money when folk are toiling just now.

How they justify that kind of money is beyond belief.

Ā 

5 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Disgusting money when folk are toiling just now.

How they justify that kind of money is beyond belief.

Ā 

Indeed - and I'll bet that list doesn't include some other "stars" beingĀ paid via different types of contract.Ā  The likes of Jeremy Vine, Alex Jones, Dan Walker, Kirsty Wark, Emily MaitlissĀ Ā etcĀ  Ā  Ā Wonder how much the total celeb cost Ā per episode is for things like Would I Lie to You .... and Have I got News for You.Ā  Ā  Ā Lee Mack Ā won't comeĀ cheap nowadays.

Ā 

Ā 

16 hours ago, Tynieman said:

On the note of Air BnB rentalā€™s.

Ā 

I hate most landlords. Itā€™s ridiculous they can make so much money from ripping of those who canā€™t get onto the property ladder.

Ā 

Many of whom, are scumbags who wouldnā€™t stay in the place they are making a fortune from.

Ā 

Iā€™ve recently got my own council place (thanks again to those who helped), but spent years renting from scumbag landlords.

Ā 

I would tax the hell out of them, and any rent shouldnā€™t be more than a percentage of their mortgage.

Ā 

The rental market needs the handbrake put on bigtime.

With interest rates so low we're at the stage now ofĀ monthly mortgage payments being less than monthly rent, but renters can't save up for a deposit for a mortgage because of the high rent and because they have no housing security and constantly havingĀ to worry about building a buffer of 2-3 months rent to be able to get into a new place when their landlord decides to kick them out.

Ā 

Housing benefit is a stain on the nation. It is nothing more than public taxation being used to subsidise private landlord greed. The money comes from general taxation and goes straight into the pockets of greedy landlords.

This then keeps rents high, which means the properties have better "yield" (just using the word yield in context of a family home gives me the rage, houses are homes not get rich quick schemes).
The high returns make the houses valuable, so the house price goes up, further moving it out of the reach of the people renting it.

Ā 

ThenĀ the government brought out "help to buy", which is again nothing but public funds being used to keep the inflated housing prices up.

Persimmon and other house builders areĀ making billions in pure profit from that scheme, and it's all your taxes being shovelled into their pockets.

Ā 

We're not living in a free market economy, because the fact that both buying a house and renting a house is having to be subsidised y the stateĀ only proves that the prices are more than the market can bear.

End both those schemes and prices would have to come down to what the market can actually bear.

Ā 

The whole thing is a scam.

Ā 

Take the taxes being used to inflate the rental and house building industries and use them to build moreĀ social housing.

Ainsley Harriott
On 15/09/2020 at 18:45, 3fingersreid said:

Ken Bruce is worth every penny. His radio 2 show is always a good listenĀ 

Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

Ken Bruce is worth every penny. His radio 2 show is always a good listenĀ 

Canā€™t disagree with that šŸ‘šŸ»

On 15/09/2020 at 18:45, 3fingersreid said:

Well played, Steve Wright. He's still doing the same show he did 35 years ago on Radio 1. Different impressionists doing different characters but it's exactly the same.

Ā 

Zoe Ball is unlistenable, so even better done to be be getting three times as much as Wright.

Ā 

Lineker sacrificing the salary of a whole Alan Shearer is taking the piss. Nothing against him and well done for making a gesture but someone on any of those salaries from the public purse shouldn't have two other jobs (Walkers and BT Sport).

A Boy Named Crow

The use of "soundbites" in UK politics,Ā  rather then straight forward language does my nut in, Covid has really brought it to the fore:

Ā 

Rule Of Six

Circuit BreakĀ 

Eat Out To Help Out

Ā 

are all exsmples of slogans that politicians and the media will repeat ad nauseam. People then use them in everyday life,Ā  but they lose all meaning because they are just dumbed down slogans, not clear definitions of what is being done and why.

Ā 

Those are just a few covid related ones. The same thing happens inĀ pretty much all areas of British politics. I only started noticing it when i moved abroad and found the politicians here actually spoke in direct, clear terms.Ā 

Ā 

I find UK news almost impossible to read now, and conversations with folk back home are littered with these phrases they don't really understand!

7 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

The use of "soundbites" in UK politics,Ā  rather then straight forward language does my nut in, Covid has really brought it to the fore:

Ā 

Rule Of Six

Circuit BreakĀ 

Eat Out To Help Out

Ā 

are all exsmples of slogans that politicians and the media will repeat ad nauseam. People then use them in everyday life,Ā  but they lose all meaning because they are just dumbed down slogans, not clear definitions of what is being done and why.

Ā 

Those are just a few covid related ones. The same thing happens inĀ pretty much all areas of British politics. I only started noticing it when i moved abroad and found the politicians here actually spoke in direct, clear terms.Ā 

Ā 

I find UK news almost impossible to read now, and conversations with folk back home are littered with these phrases they don't really understand!

I avoid the news now, doom and gloom, if its not asteroids hitting the earth, only millions of miles away , its barking between labour and tories, fed up with the lot.

And the amount of words that are abbreviated instead of using the whole word, just laziness.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

I've just noticed a new Channel on my Virgin TV.Ā 

Sony Xmas.Ā 

Ā 

It's ****ing September!!

My wife will be all over that, soon be the xmas supermarket adverts.

8 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

My wife will be all over that, soon be the xmas supermarket adverts.

I'm going to start xmas shopping soon. I'm sure everyone will appreciate the bog roll.