The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

Harry Potter
27 minutes ago, OBE said:

Same here, it's been pretty damp and humid up here the last couple. Inside her car was like a sauna, reset the A/C and all is good. The ignorance of some folk regarding the capabilities of the comfy warm/cool modern car is incredible. Love watching a full family car and a dug, all hanging out the windows fighting for a draft, when the inside temp can be controlled automatically. For some, the instruction manual is only opened when something ***ks up!

aye some have trouble finding the switch for their lights 😕.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Helzibob said:

The amount of people putting posts on social media with them drinking and partying with people from other households. I know Nicola is likely to loosen restrictions this week but she’s not done it yet. Why can’t people just follow the rules? 

It is going to cause a delay in implementing the full Phase 2 ease down. Would not surprise me if the ability to spend time indoors with another household is not implemented in the Thursday announcement.

3fingersreid

Tendinitis in my left elbow , been sore for a number of weeks but now ,**** sake the pain is unreal 😡😡😡😡

Edited by 3fingersreid

Just now, 3fingersreid said:

Tendinitis in my left elbow , been sore but now ,**** sake the pain is unreal 😡😡😡😡

Got it in my right elbow, got two brace things in the post yesterday, bloody nightmare. 

3fingersreid
1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

Got it in my right elbow, got two brace things in the post yesterday, bloody nightmare. 

I’ve had golfers elbow in my right elbow in the past where the pain was on the inside of the joint , both are equally as sore . I got this out of Decathlon , it has the foam pad on both sides for extra pressure so is good for either arm , £14  . I’m going to keep a strap around my arm ( dodged the obvious there I think ) tonight as the pain in my arm is unreal through the night . Takes a good few minutes before I can move my arm in the morning  . 

64073DD6-2178-45D8-96D5-413D7FFE4D83.jpeg

Edited by 3fingersreid

42 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I’ve had golfers elbow in my right elbow in the past where the pain was on the inside of the joint , both are equally as sore . I got this out of Decathlon , it has the foam pad on both sides for extra pressure so is good for either arm , £14  . I’m going to keep a strap around my arm ( dodged the obvious there I think ) tonight as the pain in my arm is unreal through the night . Takes a good few minutes before I can move my arm in the morning  . 

64073DD6-2178-45D8-96D5-413D7FFE4D83.jpeg

Ive a similar one, first time I've  ever had but by christ its painfull, like you say, its as stiff as a stuff as soon as you rest it.

4 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Tendinitis in my left elbow , been sore for a number of weeks but now ,**** sake the pain is unreal 😡😡😡😡

Had it a few years ago. Physio soon sorted it out after 3 or 4 sessions. Also, as someone else said, wear some form of support. I wore a neoprene sports one.

3fingersreid
50 minutes ago, superjack said:

Had it a few years ago. Physio soon sorted it out after 3 or 4 sessions. Also, as someone else said, wear some form of support. I wore a neoprene sports one.

Yeah that’s what I’m doing , can’t wait till the physio I normally use is back open again . It’s the pain first thing when awakening , even trying to move the light duvet during the night is torture .

Alcohol helps a bit 😉

6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Strained my Achilles near the calf a few weeks back. Still limping. 

Any tips ? 

strain the other one to even yourself out

31 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Any tips ? 

Drink as much as you can.

Keep your weight down.

Exercise like Rocky.

Eat loads of chillies.

Shout :fth: at every possible opportunity.

13 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Any tips ? 

Co-codamol

brunstanejambo
14 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Any tips ? 

Snapped mine 18 months ago.

12 weeks in various casts which basically held my toes pointing down like a ballerina so that it could knit back into place then the real recovery/strengthening began - some of which might be useful to you.

First thing was wearing heal lifts in my shoes to lessen the strain/movement in the Achilles whilst waking.

The main strengthening exercises were to lean on the back of a chair or on the kitchen worktop and stretch up and down on my tiptoes.

It takes ages to recover from an Achilles injury in general as they have very little blood flow through/around them.

Good luck with the recovery.

brunstanejambo
14 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Any tips ? 

Snapped mine 18 months ago.

12 weeks in various casts which basically held my toes pointing down like a ballerina so that it could knit back into place then the real recovery/strengthening began - some of which might be useful to you.

First thing was wearing heal lifts in my shoes to lessen the strain/movement in the Achilles whilst waking.

The main strengthening exercises were to lean on the back of a chair or on the kitchen worktop and stretch up and down on my tiptoes.

It takes ages to recover from an Achilles injury in general as they have very little blood flow through/around them.

Good luck with the recovery.

3fingersreid

I’ve seethed about it before but she’s doing  my head in , Zoe Ball !!!!!!!!!

ask a guest a question then shut the **** up till they’ve answered , don’t answer it for them .
Now she’s got a new one , what’s this expression “ telly box” all about ?
Just shut up and play some music . 

I’ll be glad when this pain in my elbow is  away and I can  sleep , I might be a bit more tolerant then .

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

I’ve seethed about it before but she’s doing  my head in , Zoe Ball !!!!!!!!!

ask a guest a question then shut the **** up till they’ve answered , don’t answer it for them .
Now she’s got a new one , what’s this expression “ telly box” all about ?
Just shut up and play some music . 

I’ll be glad when this pain in my elbow is  away and I can  sleep , I might be a bit more tolerant then .

Elbow or arse?

I know what you mean about zoe ball though, I've stopped.listening to radio 2 on my way to work now because of her, switched over to radio 1. Radio 2 on the way home though, like the sara cox show, at least she is funny.

3fingersreid
2 minutes ago, superjack said:

Elbow or arse?

I know what you mean about zoe ball though, I've stopped.listening to radio 2 on my way to work now because of her, switched over to radio 1. Radio 2 on the way home though, like the sara cox show, at least she is funny.

Zoe Ball is as you say a pain in the arse😡

Elbow pain is completely different ☹️

The Mrs kept harping on about a new mattress for the bairns cotbed. Lost the rag a bit as she's capable but always seems to want me to do these things. So she buys one direct from silent night along with a new mattress for the oldest. 

Asked her if she shopped around for prices. Aye she says. Did she look at Costco? Naw.  Naw!? Ffs! 

I look on Costco and the mattress for the cotbed she's ordered is £100 instead of the £150 she's trying to pay silentnight. 

Harry Potter

Got a see through kettle 3 months ago , has stopped working, no surprise as nothing lasts these days,

the blue light coming on so i reckon heating element is gone, another no surprise, contacted seller 

for a replacement and they want a video, aye so i will, a video of nothing happening, honestly do they not believe me.

55 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Got a see through kettle 3 months ago , has stopped working, no surprise as nothing lasts these days,

the blue light coming on so i reckon heating element is gone, another no surprise, contacted seller 

for a replacement and they want a video, aye so i will, a video of nothing happening, honestly do they not believe me.

Mrs Tjambo got a new kettle a few weeks ago cos “it goes better with the kitchen”. Aye,that’s fair enough, but the new one takes bloody ages to boil!

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Mrs Tjambo got a new kettle a few weeks ago cos “it goes better with the kitchen”. Aye,that’s fair enough, but the new one takes bloody ages to boil!

Just fill it half full bud anyway the kettle is in the bucket so no video , what a carry on for a replacement.:lol:.

7 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Just fill it half full bud anyway the kettle is in the bucket so no video , what a carry on for a replacement.:lol:.

You should have sent them a video of you battering the kettle with a hammer.

Harry Potter
6 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

You should have sent them a video of you battering the kettle with a hammer.

A video of a kettle doing nothing, worlds gone crazy, its an 18 pound kettle😄 not a 500 

pound laptop, its in the bucket so video cancelled.

What you guys buying kettles for these days? No chance I'll be buying a new one when my 5 and a year old Bosch kettle dies 😁

Edited by IronJambo

Harry Potter
41 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

What you guys buying kettles for these days? No chance I'll be buying a new one when my 5 and a year old Bosch kettle dies 😁

A Bosch kettle, very posh, u must be loaded :thumbsup:.

13 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

A Bosch kettle, very posh, u must be loaded :thumbsup:.

Aye right 🤣, you'll have spent more on kettles in the last 5 years than I did on my £40 one. False economy buying cheap shite.

Edit: I want it to die so I can replace it with an instant water heater thingy but it's no showing any sign of failing. Kettles are today's equivalent of a CD Walkman. 

Edited by IronJambo

18 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Aye right 🤣, you'll have spent more on kettles in the last 5 years than I did on my £40 one. False economy buying cheap shite.

Edit: I want it to die so I can replace it with an instant water heater thingy but it's no showing any sign of failing. Kettles are today's equivalent of a CD Walkman. 

Boil up an old kipper in it and leave it overnight. You'll need to replace it after that.

Harry Potter
23 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Aye the water comes out very cold then very hot if needed for coffee etc, how much are they.

update on kettle, e-mail received we will ship new one out, 3 minutes later out of stock so refund to account. 

Edited by Harry Potter

Upwards of £32 with a quick search for a breville (decent brand as well).

A real new seethe now though. I moved a sofa back against a wall yesterday so a dude could fit shutters in my living room and the Mrs declared this morning that she wants it to stay there because she likes the extra space. The 5 year old and his cars agreed.

Ffs! I bought a new telly in November and it's now effectively smaller than the one I had before as I'm 4 foot further away from it 😠

19 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

A real new seethe now though. I moved a sofa back against a wall yesterday so a dude could fit shutters in my living room and the Mrs declared this morning that she wants it to stay there because she likes the extra space. The 5 year old and his cars agreed.

Ffs! I bought a new telly in November and it's now effectively smaller than the one I had before as I'm 4 foot further away from it 😠

Tie an old kipper to your telly and you'll be glad you're further away. 

12 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

Tie an old kipper to your telly and you'll be glad you're further away. 

🤣  Who are you man, Captain Birdseye?

21 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

🤣  Who are you man, Captain Birdseye?

Did you no suggest someone use an old kipper, maybe in their washing machine, the other day?  I thought you might like old kippers. If you don't, smoked mackerel is a good substitute.

tenor.gif?itemid=14587014

1 hour ago, IronJambo said:

are you wanting one of those instant boiling water tap things? i will be looking at getting a new kitchen soon and will be looking for one in it so any recommendations

11 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

Did you no suggest someone use an old kipper, maybe in their washing machine, the other day?  I thought you might like old kippers. If you don't, smoked mackerel is a good substitute.

tenor.gif?itemid=14587014

You got me, I did. I'm an ******* though and also advise people to remove carpet stains with engine oil.

6 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

are you wanting one of those instant boiling water tap things? i will be looking at getting a new kitchen soon and will be looking for one in it so any recommendations

You can also get stand alone ones where you just fill the tank up with cold water. I'm the same as others, just waiting on the kettle to die.

9 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

I probably should go for that but I'm looking for something more basic like this. I can't get past the fear of one of the bairns scalding themselves on it

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Breville-Dispenser-Variable-Dispense-Stainless/dp/B0048EJQ7M/ref=asc_df_B0048EJQ7M/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=218230090285&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3901457897199015644&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006906&hvtargid=pla-385811350466&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

I'm not totally convinced they're advanced enough yet though. My espresso machine is fully operational in less than 3 seconds but I think these take up to a minute or so to be ready.

Horatio Caine
3 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Your Mrs sounds like she could be beginning to be a chip off the old block?

44 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Your Mrs sounds like she could be beginning to be a chip off the old block?

:nojustno:

3fingersreid

I’ve somehow managed to adjust the settings and now have all posts read and I can’t work out how to reverse it !!!!!! Absolute tit 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

Sooperstar
2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

I’ve somehow managed to adjust the settings and now have all posts read and I can’t work out how to reverse it !!!!!! Absolute tit 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

You've accidentally clicked the mark all as read button next to the forum name. We've all been there. Some of us many times. Nothing you can do about it.

3fingersreid
40 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

You've accidentally clicked the mark all as read button next to the forum name. We've all been there. Some of us many times. Nothing you can do about it.

Kinda makes me feel less stupid 😂😂

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

I haven’t 

:verysmug:

😁

Dagger Is Back
28 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I haven’t 

:verysmug:

😁

Always bloody one isn't there?

🤣

11 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Always bloody one isn't there?