The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

15 hours ago, King prawn said:

Used to take my old golf to something not much bigger than a shed on the outskirts of Norwich. Mot centre didn’t have a garage so made no money from the repairs. £50 got it through every time..  After I got it serviced by some local VW fanatics and that was that.

A guy I worked with took his ford to kwik fit and came back with 3 pages of failures :lol:  Those guys must be the worst of the lot. 

One tip is using a council MOT garage that does things like their buses as like the shed you used they just do the MOT they don't offer repairs. Thus they have no incentive to find faults so they can charge you more for repairs

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 hours ago, OBE said:

Domino effect right there, SA fails, then the CS, then all the smaller components are exposed to the uneven surfaces that were once called roads. The car should handle considerably better now and keep you safe.

Aye be a more comfy ride now.

51 minutes ago, Ribble said:

About a month before my MOT is due I stick the car into the dealership to get a bulb changed, costs 30 quid but I get an 80+ point check so I know if there is anything needing done before the MOT and get it sorted somewhere else for less (just got the back tyres done at halfords for £80 less than the dealer wanted for the same tyres)

Sounds about right. My Skoda garage wanted me to change a tyre at 4mm a few weeks ago and their quotes were ridiculous. It wasn't getting changed at that level in any case but it's made me look at them online and it's confused the life out of me. The factory fitted tyres (Hankooks, whilst some were also delivered with identically specced and priced pirelli's) were £200 each when the car was new and they're £135 now (not dealership prices). I really don't know what a budget tyre is anymore as I'd say that my current ones fall into that pricing category now. 

Dennis Reynolds

MOT Passed with zero problems on Saturday. Part of the service plan so cost me nothing as well. :glorious:

Spoiler

Had to shell out £200 on tyres to make sure it passed. Also had two advisories for my front brakes with a quote of £287 to replace the pads and disks :muggy: 

Traffic lights that clearly aren't managed by anything that resembles common sense, or haven't ever been updated to account for the actual volume and flow of traffic after being installed years ago.  Even worse are the ones that are blatantly designed to impede and slow down traffic. 

From the Overgate in Dundee, along the waterfront down towards the City Quay area, there are 9 sets of lights in a stretch of road which is about 900 metres long.  You absolutely will stop at at least 7 of them during the day when it's busy, and about the same when it's nighttime and nothing is on the road as they don't go on to sensor mode.  You can actually see the one in front of the one you're waiting at turn red as your one turns green.

Perth is a ****ing nightmare for it as well, and none of them use sensors as they've made all the pedestrian crossings automatic instead of button presses.  All of them are manually timed at all times of the day.  I was one of the only cars driving through the town last night, and I still had to wait for pedestrian crossings turning green with no one at them, and sat stationary waiting for other green lights that had no cars waiting at them.  Often lights will turn green for under 20 seconds, meaning about 4 cars get through by the time the people in front of you pay attention and get their car in gear.  It makes a 10 minute drive take about 25 minutes.

There is absolutely no need for it, and with all the digital options and machine learning we could apply to it, we could have free flowing traffic in the majority of towns and cities which would drastically cut down emissions when traffic is sat stationary for no reason.

2 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Sounds about right. My Skoda garage wanted me to change a tyre at 4mm a few weeks ago and their quotes were ridiculous. It wasn't getting changed at that level in any case but it's made me look at them online and it's confused the life out of me. The factory fitted tyres (Hankooks, whilst some were also delivered with identically specced and priced pirelli's) were £200 each when the car was new and they're £135 now (not dealership prices). I really don't know what a budget tyre is anymore as I'd say that my current ones fall into that pricing category now. 

Yeah i'm about 125 a tyre but thats for 17" Runflat Bridgestones which isn't too bad nowadays

2 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Yeah i'm about 125 a tyre but thats for 17" Runflat Bridgestones which isn't too bad nowadays I suppose

38 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Yeah i'm about 125 a tyre but thats for 17" Runflat Bridgestones which isn't too bad nowadays

A Michelin cross climate is £176 for mine (19's on SUV) and I think that's my most sensible tyre. I don't think I value the self sealing on the hankooks/pirelli scorpions much. 

1 hour ago, IronJambo said:

A Michelin cross climate is £176 for mine (19's on SUV) and I think that's my most sensible tyre. I don't think I value the self sealing on the hankooks/pirelli scorpions much. 

No need for cross climate's on mine, it's a beemer so can't drive it in the snow 

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Chaps said:

General public and their complete lack of self awareness.

Arseholes

I was in Mercedes today and was sitting in the waiting area with a coffee. Just after receiving my coffee, the woman who was sitting behind the desk beside the coffee machine starting coughing non stop. I couldn’t see her as she was bent over behind the desk. The other girl at the reception looked at myself, then shouted over to her to see if she was alright. She just continued coughing and coughing and the girl went over to her. She then sat up, still coughing, but that’s when I noticed she had actually removed her mask to cough🤬. She looked like shit too and the girl said to her that she shouldn’t be in, but at least you haven’t got Covid...oh aye, how the #### do you know that young Miss Mercedes medical expert. After she finally stopped coughing, she put her mask back over her face and had a wee glance over to myself to see if I was looking. ####ing ersehole.

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Look-at-me-I-was-in-a-Merc-dealership-type post, IMO. 🚗 😛 

Worst after sales service I’ve ever had from any car manufacturer 

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Worst after sales service I’ve ever had from any car manufacturer 

Samuel Camazzola
9 hours ago, jonesy said:

Why else was young Gabriel desperate to get into his garage with the busted lock? It's where he keeps all his untaxed takings. 😉 

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Why else was young Gabriel desperate to get into his garage with the busted lock? It's where he keeps all his untaxed takings. 😉 

:lol: Forgot about the garage. I ended up drilling the lock out and fitting a new one myself. It was so easy to do, I think I might have a career change (either that, or the muff diver😁)

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

You mean he turned up at the Merc dealership with a suitcase full of stained and crumpled £20 notes and wondered why he got treated in an iffy way? :) 

:lol: You lot paint a luverly picture  :lol:  It’s a Mercedes taxi, wouldn’t buy a car off them after the experiences I’ve had with them. Honestly the underhand moves that they have tried and pulled on myself is disgusting.

13 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

:lol: You lot paint a luverly picture  :lol:  It’s a Mercedes taxi, wouldn’t buy a car off them after the experiences I’ve had with them. Honestly the underhand moves that they have tried and pulled on myself is disgusting.

The one at Broxburn? The apprentice had a van in with them and they just take the piss. Went in for a day and was there all week for a simple job

Samuel Camazzola
3 hours ago, jonesy said:

You mean he turned up at the Merc dealership with a suitcase full of stained and crumpled £20 notes and wondered why he got treated in an iffy way? :) 

Mainly £1 notes but 20s, 10s, 5s ( even the ones with Jack Nicklaus on them). 

3 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

A Merc taxi? You'd fit in well in Tenerife with their mustard coloured ones. When they see brake lights, that's a prompt to accelerate! 😂 

luckyBatistuta
10 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Mainly £1 notes but 20s, 10s, 5s ( even the ones with Jack Nicklaus on them). 

A Merc taxi? You'd fit in well in Tenerife with their mustard coloured ones. When they see brake lights, that's a prompt to accelerate! 😂 

:lol: I threw up in a Mercedes taxi in Tenerife on a lads holiday. The boy dragged me out the back and kicked the absolute shit out of me. Couldn’t even fight back as I was smashed.

Samuel Camazzola
10 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

:lol: I threw up in a Mercedes taxi in Tenerife on a lads holiday. The boy dragged me out the back and kicked the absolute shit out of me. Couldn’t even fight back as I was smashed.

Ah, the glory days of the Veronica's strip. Bobby's & Busby's, Cream, the Scottish bar with Jock the DJ, Tramps, O'Neills... 😄 

luckyBatistuta
Just now, Samuel Camazzola said:

Ah, the glory days of the Veronica's strip. Bobby's & Busby's, Cream, the Scottish bar with Jock the DJ, Tramps, O'Neills... 😄 

😱 that takes me back. So many great nights in there. Here’s the top man

EFA749C8-E178-4016-B78D-9EAA5F44931C.jpeg

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

😱 that takes me back. So many great nights in there. Here’s the top man

EFA749C8-E178-4016-B78D-9EAA5F44931C.jpeg

What was the name of the Scottish Bar on the strip? Was it Highlander? 

luckyBatistuta
35 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

What was the name of the Scottish Bar on the strip? Was it Highlander? 

Caledonian I think

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Samuel Camazzola
31 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Caledonian I think

The Caley Bar! That's the boy. I'm sure there was a place called Bonkers near to it too.

The days of pesetas! 😂 

Virgin doing an update on my router at this time of night when any self respecting night owl is watching Netflix. Happens randomly every few months and always seems to be when I’m streaming something, they should do these things at around 4am. 

On 24/10/2020 at 13:44, jonesy said:

Bus lane fine for moving across into the greenways about ten yards away from the 'end of bus lane' sign on Liberton Road. Not a bus in sight, nothing in front. Just an automated £30 fine for nothing. 

Had the same about a month ago, 3 mins before end of operating times, nothing in the bus lane, my car maybe 30% over the line in the picture and out of shot was the queue of traffic waiting to turn right. Utterly ridiculous and whole system is rigged to stop you challenging because if you do then they can withdraw the early payment 'discount' so if the challenge fails then you pay the £60 rather than £30.

There really should be a bigger minimum distance that bus lanes stop prior to major junctions, obeying the one above (Commercial Street junction crossroads near  Ocean Terminal) means that you have space for 3 cars to turn left or straight on after the bus lane (which is the majority of traffic), while the right hand lane becomes backed up and prevents buses from easily turning right (which must be about 75% of buses on that road)

School in-service training.

Give me 7 hours, uninterrupted time in my class and watch how much prep and work can be done....

Or

Have training courses that I've done 100 times delivered online with a condescending "trainer" who goes off at a tangent every 5 minutes so in the end its just listening to boring stories about folk I've never met that input nothing into my own development. 

Yawn.......

40 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Had the same about a month ago, 3 mins before end of operating times, nothing in the bus lane, my car maybe 30% over the line in the picture and out of shot was the queue of traffic waiting to turn right. Utterly ridiculous and whole system is rigged to stop you challenging because if you do then they can withdraw the early payment 'discount' so if the challenge fails then you pay the £60 rather than £30.

There really should be a bigger minimum distance that bus lanes stop prior to major junctions, obeying the one above (Commercial Street junction crossroads near  Ocean Terminal) means that you have space for 3 cars to turn left or straight on after the bus lane (which is the majority of traffic), while the right hand lane becomes backed up and prevents buses from easily turning right (which must be about 75% of buses on that road)

Do they not suspend the 30 days if you appeal? I know they do with parking fines

17 minutes ago, mutley said:

Do they not suspend the 30 days if you appeal? I know they do with parking fines

Don't have the ticket so can't remember the exact wording but the way I took it was that you forfeited the early discount by challenging, which is almost impossible as the list of challenge reasons basically amount to it didn't happen (hard to argue against a photo of your car in the lane during operating times, regardless of circumstance) or it's not your car.

Hoodie wearing ,probably unwashed wee *******s letting off fireworks around midnight last night 😡. Thought my wee dog was going to have a heart attack he was shaking that much  ☹️

When will the general public be banned from buying fireworks that when they explode they’re  akin to artillery shells exploding ? If they have to sell them to the public make them of a reduced power ffs.

Horatio Caine
20 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Hoodie wearing ,probably unwashed wee *******s letting off fireworks around midnight last night 😡. Thought my wee dog was going to have a heart attack he was shaking that much  ☹️

When will the general public be banned from buying fireworks that when they explode they’re  akin to artillery shells exploding ? If they have to sell them to the public make them of a reduced power ffs.

Yeah I was appalled to see Tesco selling fireworks last week.  Bloody nightmare - don't know why they aren't just banned.

On 24/10/2020 at 13:44, jonesy said:

Bus lane fine for moving across into the greenways about ten yards away from the 'end of bus lane' sign on Liberton Road. Not a bus in sight, nothing in front. Just an automated £30 fine for nothing. 

I got one there, the back end of last year. I just paid it, but looking at it now I'm wondering if I should have appealed. The sign for the bus lane isn't lighted, so in the dark it's difficult to see the times of operation of the bus lane, especially when moving.

Actually, looking at it now, if a bus is in front of you heading down the road, I doubt you would even see the sign.

Edited by Lemongrab
addition

28 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Yeah I was appalled to see Tesco selling fireworks last week.  Bloody nightmare - don't know why they aren't just banned.

When you see some of them that they’re selling in a locked cabinet in store it does make you wonder why ??? 
With no public displays this year it’ll be horrendous this year I think ☹️☹️☹️

Horatio Caine
2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

When you see some of them that they’re selling in a locked cabinet in store it does make you wonder why ??? 
With no public displays this year it’ll be horrendous this year I think ☹️☹️☹️

Yup.  Ear defenders for the pets!

Drivers.

Stop letting cars from side roads in when you are in a fast moving line of traffic. 

Toddling along at 30mph into work and the idiot Audi in front stops all of us behind him so he can flash a car out a side street.

I hope the next time he does it its an HGV behind who just drives over him and rolls his corpse across the road like pastry.

luckyBatistuta
51 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Drivers.

Stop letting cars from side roads in when you are in a fast moving line of traffic. 

Toddling along at 30mph into work and the idiot Audi in front stops all of us behind him so he can flash a car out a side street.

I hope the next time he does it its an HGV behind who just drives over him and rolls his corpse across the road like pastry.

FFs, you’re in a good mood today DK🤣🤣🤣

Tenaciousdandy
1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

Drivers.

Driving mostly on country roads my pet hate is why cars pull out in front of you only to go at snail pace the while journey in front of you, usually gesture at them shouting come on get a move on you were quick enough pulling out ya Fecker lol 

On 20/10/2020 at 17:13, Ribble said:

No need for cross climate's on mine, it's a beemer so can't drive it in the snow 

As beemers are rear wheel drive, I found the way to cope with snow was to put weights in the boot and go everywhere in reverse!    You know it makes sense!!!   :vrface:

Just now, Jamstomorrow said:

As beemers are rear wheel drive, I found the way to cope with snow was to put weights in the boot and go everywhere in reverse!    You know it makes sense!!!   :vrface:

One roundabout sideways was enough last winter for me to invoke a snow = working from home rule, oh for the days when working from home for a few days was a little bonus!

I’ve bought something on eBay and chose to collect in store at Argos in Sainsbury’s as I normally do as it means I don’t miss deliveries. Turns out I clicked on the wrong Sainsbury’s so instead of the one 5 minutes from my house it’s Westfield Road. 
Bugger. 

1 minute ago, Ribble said:

One roundabout sideways was enough last winter for me to invoke a snow = working from home rule, oh for the days when working from home for a few days was a little bonus!

Yep.  Been  there, done that.  Can be a bit of a pant wetter.

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Remember to get yer indicators fixed....

Do not worry.  I will get the indicator lights fluid well topped up!!

8 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Yep.  Been  there, done that.  Can be a bit of a pant wetter.

More so when it was about 3 weeks after passing my test!

3 minutes ago, Ribble said:

How did you explain the brown stains to whoever did your laundry!!  Lol.

12 minutes ago, Ribble said:

That's why traditionally you are meant to buy an old shed to run about in for the first year after passing your test so when you write it off, it doesn't matter 😄

1 minute ago, Rodge said:

That's why traditionally you are meant to buy an old shed to run about in for the first year after passing your test so when you write it off, it doesn't matter 😄

Somehow managed to get through my first year without damaging the car (literally just had my insurance renewal through today) despite the best effort of other drivers haha

That's actually another seethe tbh, why don't insurance companies want you to stay with them when it comes to renewals? Renewal quote came in at £200 more than offered elsewhere on comparethemarket so phoned current provider, no attempt to improve their quote just an 'ok, we'll cancel the renewal'

New bus Lane cameras up and ready to make money on Stenhouse Drive . 

Glad to see our wonderful council prioritising the problems the city is facing 😡

3 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

I prefer to switch off the traction control and enjoy the rear wheel drive. You just can't beat sliding around corners and roundabouts. And it doesn't wear the tyres out doing it in the snow.

33 minutes ago, superjack said:

I prefer to switch off the traction control and enjoy the rear wheel drive. You just can't beat sliding around corners and roundabouts. And it doesn't wear the tyres out doing it in the snow.

Turning off the traction control certainly helped in the snow.