The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

Салатные палочки

Back in April when it was my oldest daughter's birthday, I was waiting for a card to arrive from my sister. It never did and I got a message on her birthday from my sister saying "Give XXXX a big happy birthday kiss from us all. Sorry we never got her a card and money but I didn't remember on time and, well she's older now anyway so probably won't bother." It annoyed me more as when it was my nephew's birthday last year I forgot so I got my sisters bank details and transferred her money for him. She could have done the same but I wasn't going to make a big issue out of it. Last month it was my neice's birthday and I never sent a card or money as I thought well where is the fairness in that. 

Fast forward to this week and I have my other nephew's 13th birthday coming up this weekend. I got a phone call today off my mum, "just to remind you it's XXXX's birthday this weekend so get him a card and he'll probably appreciate a GAME card". I said he'll be getting sweet FA because XXXX never got anything off her. She then proceeded to tell me that I was out of order then hung up. 

It might sound petty but there's principles to be upheld here. Why is he suddenly more important than my daughter? I feel bad for my nephew but she really has ****** the whole thing up. It's not as if they are short of a few bob, rattling about in their four-bedroom new build with two en-suite. 

Families!!! :seething:

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sooperstar
2 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Back in April when it was my oldest daughter's birthday, I was waiting for a card to arrive from my sister. It never did and I got a message on her birthday from my sister saying "Give XXXX a big happy birthday kiss from us all. Sorry we never got her a card and money but I didn't remember on time and, well she's older now anyway so probably won't bother." It annoyed me more as when it was my nephew's birthday last year I forgot so I got my sisters bank details and transferred her money for him. She could have done the same but I wasn't going to make a big issue out of it. Last month it was my neice's birthday and I never sent a card or money as I thought well where is the fairness in that. 

Fast forward to this week and I have my other nephew's 13th birthday coming up this weekend. I got a phone call today off my mum, "just to remind you it's XXXX's birthday this weekend so get him a card and he'll probably appreciate a GAME card". I said he'll be getting sweet FA because XXXX never got anything off her. She then proceeded to tell me that I was out of order then hung up. 

It might sound petty but there's principles to be upheld here. Why is he suddenly more important than my daughter? I feel bad for my nephew but she really has ****** the whole thing up. It's not as if they are short of a few bob, rattling about in their four-bedroom new build with two en-suite. 

So you are being a dick to your niece and nephew because your sister is an arsehole?

Салатные палочки
14 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

So you are being a dick to your niece and nephew because your sister is an arsehole?

Certainly looks that way. Although knowing my family I'll come out it looking like the bigger dick arsehole. 

3 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

You’re worse than Hitler imo!

:D

Салатные палочки
13 minutes ago, SecN said:

Think of the bairns. 

Trust me, I feel bad. I'm not a petty person...

.....but she started it. 

Mrs Tjambo just uttered these words “The Beatles were shit”!

I think divorce is the only answer 😢

1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

I like your wife, a woman of taste, go and make her a cup of tea from me👍

2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I like your wife, a woman of taste, go and make her a cup of tea from me👍

Fine, you marry the daft **** then!

1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

Fine, you marry the daft **** then!

My wife might have something to say about that!!! But she thinks the Beatles were shit too😅

Edited by Dawnrazor

2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

My wife might have something to say about that!!! But she thinks the Beatles were shit too😅

Live in a ménage a trois then 😁

3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Live in a ménage a trois then 😁

Christ on a bike nooooooo!!!!

Unless Karen Gillan and Kimberley Walsh were the involved 

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Tbf id probably file for the divorce myself if I realised I married someone who enjoys the Beatles...

1 minute ago, Thommo414 said:

Tbf id probably file for the divorce myself if I realised I married someone who enjoys the Beatles...

Then your other half would’ve dodged a bullet 😂

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

6 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Then your other half would’ve dodged a bullet 😂

I can’t even be mad at that one 😂

All roads lead to Gorgie
12 hours ago, iantjambo said:

When contemplating a relationship with a women in the past I checked she preferred The Rolling Stones first. If she liked The Beatles then I was out of there. 😉

Woke up slightly later this morning and remembered i'd forgot to move the car last night, fat wee tosser was already ticketing my car at ten past 8 this morning 😡

King prawn
6 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

People who don’t wear face masks where appropriate 

Ffs :rofl: before face masks, what did you occupy your time with?

Samuel Camazzola
16 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

People who don’t wear face masks where appropriate 

Are these guys doing it right? 

Horatio Caine
16 hours ago, King prawn said:

Ffs :rofl: before face masks, what did you occupy your time with?

The campaign (one man campaign) to bring back Zeefuick I think is the answer to that.

3 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Are these guys doing it right? 

:rofl:

Weeds, weeds everywhere, council unwilling to douse them with killer. Pavements are no happy, their cracking up.

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, OBE said:

Weeds, weeds everywhere, council unwilling to douse them with killer. Pavements are no happy, their cracking up.

A burner is your friend. More fun too! 

30 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

A burner is your friend. More fun too! 

:thumbs_up:

Are they proper killed with the heat or do they reappear?

Samuel Camazzola
6 minutes ago, OBE said:

Are they proper killed with the heat or do they reappear?

I have one where you attach a butane cannister. It's called a 'Weed Wand' and is effectively a blow torch in the form of a walking stick. It incinerates them! 🔥 

You can get mains powered ones too but I've no experience of them and don't know how intensely they burn. 

6 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I have one where you attach a butane cannister. It's called a 'Weed Wand' and is effectively a blow torch in the form of a walking stick. It incinerates them! 🔥 

You can get mains powered ones too but I've no experience of them and don't know how intensely they burn. 

I've just had a look on Amazon, £23 for wand & 4 cans of gas, but do the weeds reappear?...last chance...:biggrin2:

46 minutes ago, OBE said:

I've just had a look on Amazon, £23 for wand & 4 cans of gas, but do the weeds reappear?...last chance...:biggrin2:

Wee weeds shouldn't grow back, but bigger ones, especially ones with deep roots like dandelions probably will.  I was intrigued by the mains ones mentioned by SC, but was disappointed to find they used electricity and not gas. :D They're like one of those electric paint strippers (ie a powerful hairdrier) on a stick.  

3fingersreid
1 hour ago, OBE said:

They sell them in home bargains , we got one from there last year and I’m sure it was cheaper than that . As lemongrab says smaller ones are gone but the  bigger ones come back for more fun . Enjoy 😊 

28 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

Wee weeds shouldn't grow back, but bigger ones, especially ones with deep roots like dandelions probably will.  I was intrigued by the mains ones mentioned by SC, but was disappointed to find they used electricity and not gas. :D They're like one of those electric paint strippers (ie a powerful hairdrier) on a stick.  

Dandies are not my gripe, it's this wee ***kin thing, it's everywhere, started on the pavement outside, now it's covered the mono-block. Any agronomists or gardeners any idea what this is...see photo. It flowers with a yellow head.

1801056674_weeweed.jpg.17172e81b5ba3e8e5d6fdaf883436a83.jpg

12 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

They sell them in home bargains , we got one from there last year and I’m sure it was cheaper than that . As lemongrab says smaller ones are gone but the  bigger ones come back for more fun . Enjoy 😊 

I love the smell of burning weed...:2thumbsup: thanks for the advice.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, OBE said:

Don't **** around with blow torches, order yourself a vat of ready roundup.

Despite wooly minded, namby pamby environmental concerns chemical warfare is a proven winner.

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Despite wooly minded, namby pamby environmental concerns chemical warfare is a proven winner.

Torches inconclusive, mono-blocks getting skooshed...:thumbsup:

7 hours ago, OBE said:

They're shite for killing weeds, they're only good for burning the dead weeds after you've killed them with Roundup or Grazone if you don't want to kill gress.

5 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

👍

13 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

They're shite for killing weeds, they're only good for burning the dead weeds after you've killed them with Roundup or Grazone if you don't want to kill gress.

Appreciated, Roundup it is then...:thumbs_up:

Samuel Camazzola
20 hours ago, OBE said:

None of the existing ones reappear with me. I've had it for about four years and very happy with it. 

It's useful for defining lawn edging too! 

Edited by Samuel Camazzola

Samuel Camazzola
19 hours ago, OBE said:

Dandies are not my gripe, it's this wee ***kin thing, it's everywhere, started on the pavement outside, now it's covered the mono-block. Any agronomists or gardeners any idea what this is...see photo. It flowers with a yellow head.

1801056674_weeweed.jpg.17172e81b5ba3e8e5d6fdaf883436a83.jpg

I've had something similar to this and found a simple moss killer was enough to kill it off then wire brush it out. 

3 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I've had something similar to this and found a simple moss killer was enough to kill it off then wire brush it out. 

In hindsight, I shouldn't have used the kiln dried sand to stabilise the blocks. It should've been the Silka Set Sand. 

Thanks for the advice.

Just fell into a (drunken) sleep, when I was woken by Mrs Tjambo screaming. Turns one of the cats was chasing something, whatever it was fell on her and she swatted it away thinking it was a moth...Nope, it was a wasp and it stung her on the neck.

I was the brave soul that smashed the daggered arsed **** with a trainer.

Raging that I’m awake now and can’t get back to sleep, while she whines that her neck is sore!

Wasps=Pricks

Cats=Useless pricks

Wives=torn faced pricks

Harry Potter
14 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Just fell into a (drunken) sleep, when I was woken by Mrs Tjambo screaming. Turns one of the cats was chasing something, whatever it was fell on her and she swatted it away thinking it was a moth...Nope, it was a wasp and it stung her on the neck.

Raging that I’m awake now and can’t get back to sleep, while she whines that her neck is sore!

Wasps=Pricks

Cats=Useless pricks

Wives=torn faced pricks

😂.

14 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Wasps=Pricks

Cats=Useless pricks

Wives=torn faced pricks

So why was it only the wasp got smacked with the trainer?

On 03/02/2013 at 16:54, Der Kaiser said:

Why......

For a room no-one except for me, my wife and my kids really go in......

This room being our bedroom.......

Why......

When I make the bed........

Must I......

after making the bed........

Carefully arrange a scattering of different cushions across the top of the bed.....

What the F__k are these cushions for? Why am I getting grief when I don't do this? Why is it ok for them to be thrown into the corner of the bedroom when we're sleeping but delicately arranged when we're working and there is no-one in the house? Is my window cleaners depression alieviated at the sight of our "showroom" bed? Will burglars be deterred from ransacking my house when they see how "lovely" the bed looks? Is it to lure them to sleep so we can catch them in the act?

What are these cushions for?

I know one of my mates also suffers from this? Is this a widespread problem? Is this too many questions? Is it?

The reason you scatter the cushions is that you still want your hole. don't stop, just keep putting them magic things on the bed that make you sexy.

Edit: for some reason I opened page 1 of this. I hope you're still putting those cushions on though 🤣

Edited by IronJambo

37 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

The reason you scatter the cushions is that you still want your hole. don't stop, just keep putting them magic things on the bed that make you sexy.

Edit: for some reason I opened page 1 of this. I hope you're still putting those cushions on though 🤣

Divorced. :rofl:

Lack of cushions hasn't been a problem since.....

:ruiner:

5 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Divorced. :rofl:

Lack of cushions hasn't been a problem since.....

:ruiner:

Outstanding 😂

3fingersreid
On 11/07/2020 at 01:56, iantjambo said:

Wasps=Pricks

Cats=Useless pricks

Wives=torn faced pricks

That’s brilliant 😂😂

I'm trying to sell a car on gumtree, why do people act like they are doing you a favour by offering stupid amounts, I have it on for 900 and people really think I'm going to take 400, If I wanted 400 i would have asked for 400, I've got some guy wanting to pay me through paypal and send a courier aswell that's obviously not a scam 🤬🤬🤬