Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

I'm going to start xmas shopping soon. I'm sure everyone will appreciate the bog roll.

I stockpiled that much arse wipe I'll be using it as wrapping paper.

****ing fireworks going off in September!!! ****ing ridiculously early, my poor old dog shit himself and knocked over the bloody Christmas tree he got such a fright.

On 18/09/2020 at 15:01, I P Knightley said:

Well played, Steve Wright. He's still doing the same show he did 35 years ago on Radio 1. Different impressionists doing different characters but it's exactly the same.

Zoe Ball is unlistenable, so even better done to be be getting three times as much as Wright.

Lineker sacrificing the salary of a whole Alan Shearer is taking the piss. Nothing against him and well done for making a gesture but someone on any of those salaries from the public purse shouldn't have two other jobs (Walkers and BT Sport).

Lineker has more than 2 other jobs, I've seen him host football matches on US stations and Bein.

On 18/09/2020 at 11:32, Harry Potter said:

Tescos, 5 litres of screenwash for 2.50, gets it home, its summer screenwash 😕.

Do for next year.

Sister in law asked to borrow some screenwash the other day, presumed it's just be enough to do her until she gets to the shops, nope she's taken 4 out of the 5 litres I had but your post has cheered me up as i'd forgotten it is summer stuff too so she'll have to use it all before she gets winter stuff.

50 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Sister in law asked to borrow some screenwash the other day, presumed it's just be enough to do her until she gets to the shops, nope she's taken 4 out of the 5 litres I had but your post has cheered me up as i'd forgotten it is summer stuff too so she'll have to use it all before she gets winter stuff.

Aye , nightmare if it freezes up.

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Parents that cycle on the road while their bairns cycle on the pavement. Invariably leads to them stopping to check where their offspring are, and automatically gets them to stop in front of every bloody junction. Whether I'm cycling, driving or walking my kids to school, I have to suffer this nonsense.

Timely topic. Got my first bike in over 20 years a few days ago and cycled with the 5 year old to and from school today. Back roads and off road when possible and pavements for the other bits. I'm on the pavement with him as I can't watch the road and him at the same time. Pedestrians get the right of way at all times. 

Took 25 minutes to get him there this morning and a whole 5 to get home 😂

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Are the orange bollard things going to be replaced, or is this how they plan to beautify the city? They look hideous.

They have loads in Inverness too - and have ‘temporarily’ closed some streets/made them one-way.

Perth has spent £10s of thousands on cheap-looking wooden boxes to block streets or narrow them.

19 hours ago, weehammy said:

Edinburgh Cooncil Survey where 1000+ respondents indicated massive approval for a current anti-car mayhem.
Clearly only completed by Greens and cycling lobbyists.

Survey sent to a combined contact list of McVey and McInnes no doubt

Sawdust Caesar
On 28/09/2020 at 13:00, Tazio said:

I've just noticed a new Channel on my Virgin TV. 

Sony Xmas. 

It's ****ing September!!

One of the film channels between TCM and Film 4 (on Virgin TV) was showing Christmas films all through July. I miss the days when the only time I got reminded of Christmas was after Guy Fawkes day had been and gone.

Current seethe - I've got one of these bank accounts where you pay a monthly fee, but get cashback each month on your energy bill, council tax bill and phone bill if you pay by D/D through the account.   It also pays interest on your average balance during the month up to a limit.  For years, everything was fine. Then a couple of  years ago, they increased the monthly fee ...... then reduced the interest rate .... and then reduced again....twice......  and now they've reduced the cashback on the bills.  So I'm now paying THEM for the privilege of paying my bills.      Congratulations Sa******er ..... you have rewarded customer loyalty by taking me and thousands of others for MUGS.      :wallbash:

I’ll throw BT in the mix. *****, absolute *****. No internet in the house for a week now, 3 phone calls all around an hour each trying to get an engineer out. First time it was cancelled, they never informed me and never said who cancelled it. Yesterday I got it sorted or so I thought, they’d text me to confirm an appointment later that day.... they never. Phoned tonight and it hadn’t gone through or some shit, so she booked another one, because I live in the highlands they need to send a form off or something in case there are travel issues like “needing a boat to get to my address or something” I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry when she said that.

JUST SEND OUT AN ENGINEER YOU ****ING *****. 

luckyBatistuta
44 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

I’ll throw BT in the mix. *****, absolute *****. No internet in the house for a week now, 3 phone calls all around an hour each trying to get an engineer out. First time it was cancelled, they never informed me and never said who cancelled it. Yesterday I got it sorted or so I thought, they’d text me to confirm an appointment later that day.... they never. Phoned tonight and it hadn’t gone through or some shit, so she booked another one, because I live in the highlands they need to send a form off or something in case there are travel issues like “needing a boat to get to my address or something” I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry when she said that.

JUST SEND OUT AN ENGINEER YOU ****ING *****. 

I’m pretty sure I’ve always needed to get a boat to a heeland🤷‍♂️

Салатные палочки

"Are you on your lunch?"

What the **** does it matter?  You're still going to ask me a question.  

On 15/09/2020 at 22:19, Tynieman said:

On the note of Air BnB rental’s.

I hate most landlords. It’s ridiculous they can make so much money from ripping of those who can’t get onto the property ladder.

Many of whom, are scumbags who wouldn’t stay in the place they are making a fortune from.

I’ve recently got my own council place (thanks again to those who helped), but spent years renting from scumbag landlords.

I would tax the hell out of them, and any rent shouldn’t be more than a percentage of their mortgage.

Ha, I made a comment like that on here about a year ago and got a shed load of abuse from about every landlord on kickback

Admittedly I think I may have been a bit harsh but on the whole, it does make me uncomfortable how much some places can be loaned for. Part of the reason for that of course isn’t even landlords, but letting agents who then demand their cut driving the prices up to no benefit of the landlord and extreme disadvantage to the tenant.

18 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Current seethe - I've got one of these bank accounts where you pay a monthly fee, but get cashback each month on your energy bill, council tax bill and phone bill if you pay by D/D through the account.   It also pays interest on your average balance during the month up to a limit.  For years, everything was fine. Then a couple of  years ago, they increased the monthly fee ...... then reduced the interest rate .... and then reduced again....twice......  and now they've reduced the cashback on the bills.  So I'm now paying THEM for the privilege of paying my bills.      Congratulations Sa******er ..... you have rewarded customer loyalty by taking me and thousands of others for MUGS.      :wallbash:

My bills must be higher then as my cashback is always more than the monthly fee

17 hours ago, LMc said:

Can't download anything on my sky box! Trying to download and watch The Comey Rule 😤

Settings/001select/Reset/Reset Settings should fix the problem, was a widespread issue yesterday

Scottish Power are working in my area. So naturally they’ve managed a power cut by accident so I’ve had no power for over an hour and they don’t expect it back until 7.30. Luckily I’ve got a gas cooker so can cook in the gloom. I might have to drink the beer in the fridge before it gets warm. Silver linings and all that. 

Lone Striker
4 hours ago, Ribble said:

My bills must be higher then as my cashback is always more than the monthly fee

Aye, spending more on the electric and phone is the only way I could make it worthwhile ..... which wouldn't be worthwhile.... if you see what I mean.  Bloody banks, eh !!

4 hours ago, Ribble said:

Settings/001select/Reset/Reset Settings should fix the problem, was a widespread issue yesterday

I went  to switch it on here and there was some brief comment that it would be delayed until after the election.

2 hours ago, Sharpie said:

I went  to switch it on here and there was some brief comment that it would be delayed until after the election.

On episode 4 and not surprised it’s not being shown in the states yet

16 hours ago, jonesy said:

Another night, another dozen or cyclists dashing about without lights on. No exemptions on this one, I'm afraid. Might carry a water pistol in future.

Hopefully filled with something other than water......

On 30/09/2020 at 21:03, Lone Striker said:

I've got a Bank of Scotland account which I pay about £20 a month for the privilege of having.

It covers my phone insurance, break down cover, and travel insurance.  Never lost a phone, never broken down, and never had to make a travel insurance claim :vrface: 

Harry Potter
On 01/10/2020 at 20:19, jonesy said:

Another night, another dozen or cyclists dashing about without lights on. No exemptions on this one, I'm afraid. Might carry a water pistol in future.

2 car drivers with no lights on at 7-45 am, strange , side lights at the very least due to the conditions.

Just read the yay thread, there will be no stories of happy families as IJ wont have his lovely in laws visiting.

3fingersreid

The last few days I’ve been getting a message on my phone telling me my WiFi isn’t as secure as it should be . Now being a technophobe and a bit of a panicker when things like this happen , I’ll start blaming the kids , thinking a hackers got me etc etc . 
So goes onto the virgin help chat website it turns out everything is fine ,the issue has arisen after the last iOS update 😡😡😡

I do hate technology at times . 

14 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

The last few days I’ve been getting a message on my phone telling me my WiFi isn’t as secure as it should be . Now being a technophobe and a bit of a panicker when things like this happen , I’ll start blaming the kids , thinking a hackers got me etc etc . 
So goes onto the virgin help chat website it turns out everything is fine ,the issue has arisen after the last iOS update 😡😡😡

Apple seem very keen to get people to use iOS generated passwords. Same as you I’ve been bombarded with messages about my passwords on various sites offering to make new ones for me. Also my home WiFi password.

3fingersreid
Just now, Tazio said:

Apple seem very keen to get people to use iOS generated passwords. Same as you I’ve been bombarded with messages about my passwords on various sites offering to make new ones for me. Also my home WiFi password.

I mean this in a nice way but I’m kind of relieved it’s not just me . I genuinely thought we had an issue as me , my wife and both daughters were getting it . I was all for ranting at virgin 😂😂😂

Dagger Is Back
2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Thanks for posting. I was going to look at that today until I had a cold shower and discovered the boiler had packed up

Technology far too complex these days and if something goes wrong switching it on/off ain’t going to cut it any more

On 03/10/2020 at 09:35, Harry Potter said:

2 car drivers with no lights on at 7-45 am, strange , side lights at the very least due to the conditions.

No, NO, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sidelights are worse than ****ing useless. All they do is lull the driver into a false sense of security into thinking that everyone can see them because 'their lights are on'. You might as well hold a ****ing candle out the window.

Dipped headlights or, if conditions permit, no lights at all.

Unknown user
6 hours ago, Boof said:

Sidelights are worse than ****ing useless. All they do is lull the driver into a false sense of security into thinking that everyone can see them because 'their lights are on'. You might as well hold a ****ing candle out the window.

Unless there's unusual visibility issues headlights are there for you to see, not for you to be seen.

We dont really need sidelights but they are there to help yo be seen. In theory the other guy's lights should be on if there's any trouble seeing clearly. This is all according to my driving instructor last November by the way, he may be an utter gobshite for all I know, but seems fair to consider him an expert on the subject IMO.

While we're on the subject my seethe is people parked up on the road with their lights on, especiallyon the wrong side of the road. I can't tell what you're doing, you look like traffic but you're sitting still.

Turn your lights off, people can see you, there's no major issue with people plowing into unlit parked cars.

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Unless there's unusual visibility issues headlights are there for you to see, not for you to be seen.

We dont really need sidelights but they are there to help yo be seen. In theory the other guy's lights should be on if there's any trouble seeing clearly. This is all according to my driving instructor last November by the way, he may be an utter gobshite for all I know, but seems fair to consider him an expert on the subject IMO.

To qualify my seethe I suppose I did mean unusual lighting conditions e.g. fog, mist, heavy rain, twilight.

Not that unusual but modern cars with their dashboards lighting up as soon as the ignition is on contribute to this inadvertent failure to turn lights on when necessary. 

Harry Potter
10 hours ago, Boof said:

🙂, get your point Boof but still better than nothing,

12 hours ago, Boof said:

Agreed. My headlights are on auto and the cars clever enough to know there's no point in putting sidelights on and goes straight to dipped headlights. The only way to get sidelights on is to do it manually. So it's the DLR's (which are actually quite bright) or all. No in-between 

Harry Potter
40 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Agreed. My headlights are on auto and the cars clever enough to know there's no point in putting sidelights on and goes straight to dipped headlights. The only way to get sidelights on is to do it manually. So it's the DLR's (which are actually quite bright) or all. No in-between 

So i will ask, why are cars still fitted with sidelights, another bug of mine is folk sitting parked, (streetlights on) with their dipped lights on.

Lone Striker
17 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

If the msgs are generated by your own phone's anti-virus software, then it's probably ok - in that it's just trying to get you to upgrade to a fancier (and more expensive !) version.   

But if it's text msgs or phone calls you're getting, it's most likely a phishing scam - IGNORE.   I'm no expert, but the chances of your wi-fi being a security risk is pretty low.

Then go to     https://who-called.co.uk/         and put in the phone number it came from, to see if other folk have been pestered by it too.  You can put in a comment and rating to help others.   

Edited by Lone Striker

3fingersreid
26 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

So i will ask, why are cars still fitted with sidelights, another bug of mine is folk sitting parked, (streetlights on) with their dipped lights on.

I’ll go one further , when people park facing on coming vehicles* with their lights on , made even worse when they’re facing up a hill or slope it’s bloody blinding 😡😡

*something else I’d make illegal 

3fingersreid
41 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

If the msgs are generated by your own phone's anti-virus software, then it's probably ok - in that it's just trying to get you to upgrade to a fancier (and more expensive !) version.   

But if it's text msgs or phone calls you're getting, it's most likely a phishing scam - IGNORE.   I'm no expert, but the chances of your wi-fi being a security risk is pretty low.

Then go to     https://who-called.co.uk/         and put in the phone number it came from, to see if other folk have been pestered by it too.  You can put in a comment and rating to help others.   

It only shows up when I look at my phones WiFi setting , no texts or calls 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

According to the Highway Code, if at night you're driving in an area with street lighting you can drive about with just your side lights on, as long as visibility is not less than 100 meters.  Sounds well dodgy, but that's what it says. Also, you have to have your side lights on if you're parked at night on a road, or a layby on a road, which has a speed limit of over 30mph.

3fingersreid
41 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

It only shows up when I look at my phones WiFi setting , no texts or calls 👍🏻

Lone Striker

Latest seethe - these online adverts trying to get you to buy software and licences to enable  you to "trade like a pro".   There's an asterisk beside it, and in small print at the bottom  it says that 74.3 % of accounts lose  money.  In other words,   it's a legal  Ponzi scheme trying to hoodwink folk into taking part so that fat cats can get even fatter on the back of poor "bets" made by ignorant new users.

Why on earth are the government and Financial Ombudsman allowing this ?     Utterly scandalous.  Yet, the prostitution trade is illegal

When I were a lad,  "trading" was what shopkeepers  and department stores did.  Buy stuff from manufacturers and wholesesalers and sell it to the public.   Even with Delboy, you could see and understand the dodgy items he was flogging.    Now, the financial services sector want us to believe that "trading" shares and these dodgy derivative thingys  is an honourable and essential thing which benefits us all.        :wallbash:

Edited by Lone Striker

Harry Potter
58 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

According to the Highway Code, if at night you're driving in an area with street lighting you can drive about with just your side lights on, as long as visibility is not less than 100 meters.  Sounds well dodgy, but that's what it says. Also, you have to have your side lights on if you're parked at night on a road, or a layby on a road, which has a speed limit of over 30mph.

👍, thanks.

3 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

I’ll go one further , when people park facing on coming vehicles* with their lights on , made even worse when they’re facing up a hill or slope it’s bloody blinding 😡😡

*something else I’d make illegal 

I'd add to that the number of folk that don't know that they should be adjusting their lights depending on how many people/how much luggage is in their car

10 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

I can't think of any logical reason for front side lights on a modern car with DRL's. Rear sidelights however. We don't have DRL's on the rear. I'd quite happy have my dipped headlights on all the time. 

6 hours ago, Ribble said:

I'd add to that the number of folk that don't know that they should be adjusting their lights depending on how many people/how much luggage is in their car

Seriously? There are still cars you have to do that on? 🤣

Have Sky TV and broadband. Broadband has been terrible and they've updated my contract - claim its faster broadband etc and sent new wifi router. All set up and fine but have lost on demand on the TV since the Skybox (HD version not Q) needs updated with new password etc. Can't manage to update it. Tried everything. Anyone know how to do this?