The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

luckyBatistuta

What they need to do is paint a yellow box at the junction of torphican pl and dewar place lane to keep the junction open , especially as it's the route the police take

3fingers - I wrote to the Council about 3 years ago suggesting this but obviously it was just ignored. Not the first time my cab driver has had to do a turn behind vehicle(s) blocking the access to the lane.

Never going to happen. Once more folk start using it and the flow of traffic is blocked, it will just get closed like every other street seems to these days. The only reason it is still open, is so the police can use it, imo

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3fingersreid

Never going to happen. Once more folk start using it and the flow of traffic is blocked, it will just get closed like every other street seems to these days. The only reason it is still open, is so the police can use it, imo

It'll end up like thornbaulk st one way for public traffic but two way for emergency services

Come on give us the Victor number of the cab , lots of ammo to be had lol

luckyBatistuta

It'll end up like thornbaulk st one way for public traffic but two way for emergency services

Come on give us the Victor number of the cab , lots of ammo to be had lol

Yeah, give us it. Even if they put a sign up and make it a no right turn and no entry, the cops will still drive in it.

luckyBatistuta

I think there is only one thing Stuart can do here. Just to be safe that he doesn't have a repeat of this and possibly get the same driver again, he should use Central Taxis from now on...0131 229 2468.

Hiya jonno :wink:

Are that ?ber lot any good ?

Ordered an Uber in London and the conversation went something like this:

"We're outside x bar"

"I'm not from London mate, I'm on Clapham High Street in a Mondeo"

"Clapham High Street is very long. We're by the Sainsbury's"

"Nah can't see that mate, I'm by an Iceland."

"We will walk down to the station and you can get us there."

"No idea where that is mate, I'll drive down the road slowly with my hazards on and you can wave at me"

Hung up annoyed he was wasting our time and a few minutes later we're passed by a taxi with its hazards on which was holding up 4 or 5 busses all flashing and beeping him :lol:

Edited by King prawn

3fingersreid

Are that ?ber lot any good ?

Donald Trump thinks they're great given how much they backed that mad *******

Shooter McGavin

Betting ads. Just **** off.

I feel for people with gambling addictions & also the families of people with an addiction. Can't enjoy sport anymore without having odds constantly slapped in your face.

Air travellers with limited intelligence, who constantly fail to recognise the fact that Ryanair has a priority boarding option.

Not entirely their fault though, signage at boarding gate should be improved, along with queue management for the brain dead.

Seen some heated exchanges between travellers on last trip, no need at the beginning or end of a holiday.

Sco??? ARE

Arsehole. I was waiting in the street. He pointed round the corner I wanted to go. I went round the corner and he

E drove away. This Happened right now. Anyone know who this is?

Edited by Sooperstar

luckyBatistuta

Sco??? ARE

Arsehole. I was waiting in the street. He pointed round the corner I wanted to go. I went round the corner and he

E drove away. This Happened right now. Anyone know who this is?

:what:

Sco??? ARE...What does this mean and the rest of it.

The Internet

When you're sitting upstairs on a completely empty bus and some ***** gets on and sits directly behind you. Find it deeply unsettling, especially when they stink of cigarettes.

Harry Potter

When you're sitting upstairs on a completely empty bus and some ***** gets on and sits directly behind you. Find it deeply unsettling, especially when they stink of cigarettes.

That is creepy , i would move my seat.

:what:

Sco??? ARE...What does this mean and the rest of it.

I believe that was an attempt at remembering the guy's registration plate. The prick then took a right turn off Torphichen Place.

King Of The Cat Cafe

Air travellers with limited intelligence, who constantly fail to recognise the fact that Ryanair has a priority boarding option.

Not entirely their fault though, signage at boarding gate should be improved, along with queue management for the brain dead.

Seen some heated exchanges between travellers on last trip, no need at the beginning or end of a holiday.

Priority boarding is fine, in principle, but can break down.  I am yet to be convinced it is worth paying extra for.

I had priority boarding one night for a flight from Edinburgh to Dublin, but stayed sitting in the lounge until the other 200-odd passengers had been checked through, then I wandered up.  

The guy at the desk said "you know you have priority, you could have come through earlier."

I did know.  Also knew I had an aisle seat and that the plane we were getting on had arrived in late so that the other 200-odd passengers were in fact standing on the stairs and queuing in the outside rain shelter waiting for the plane to be cleaned before they could board.  Some advantage for priority customers.

But I see your point about frustration, indeed air travel could have a whole seethe thread of its own.

Why do people want to be first in the flight? You have your seat, you'll get on. Leave it as late as possible without being last.

King Of The Cat Cafe

Why do people want to be first in the flight? You have your seat, you'll get on. Leave it as late as possible without being last.

This is what I tend to do.

One of the biggest frustrations is trying to get down the aircraft aisle with people faffing around putting coats and huge cases in overhead lockers.

Another is trying to make your way from the back door to row 26 - as you were advised in the terminal -  when there are people trying to get past you for row 30 when they boarded at the front - as they were advised not to in the terminal..

luckyBatistuta
I believe that was an attempt at remembering the guy's registration plate. The prick then took a right turn off Torphichen Place.

Going by your post, he probably slowed down to stop and pick you up, saw the state of you and thought "Nope, not picking that jakey up"  [

quote name=Sooperstar" post="5962213" timestamp="1492167807]Why do people want to be first in the flight? You have your seat, you'll get on. Leave it as late as possible without being last.

This drives me nuts, it's mental behaviour. Your going nowhere until we stroll on :smugger:

I'd be quite happy to do that. And I do it on long haul flights or internal flights. The problem comes on the other flights where every sod seems to be obsessed with not having hold luggage so the overhead lockers are stuffed full. I don't want to be first on, I just can't be arsed wresting with other people's bags to store my small carry on bag.

Edited by Tazio

Some would argue that folk should realise that speedy boarding with a shite airline like that is a waste is money, putting the intelligence of its purchasers in doubt.

Fitzroy Pointon

Folk who give Jeremy Kyle a viewing figure.

Ha ha. Ordinarily I would agree but I get so much of a perverse pleasure out of the seethe it produces in me that I am as guilty as the rest of the viewers.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Some would argue that folk should realise that speedy boarding with a shite airline like that is a waste is money, putting the intelligence of its purchasers in doubt.

Even on the likes of BA priority boarding is pointless, especially on the Edinburgh - Heathrow route, there's only ever about 10 folk that don't have at least a bronze BA card.

My seethe with BA recently is that their cost cutting is making them a worse option for flights to london than the likes of Flymaybe, they've stopped the complimentary breakfast/snack and drink and replaced them with ?5 a pop M&S sardines. As if that wasn't bad enough they are saving money at Edinburgh Airport by moving out to the shittiest gates available, used to fly from gate 3 or 10 but now they are at gate 23 with a bus to the plane that sitting out in a cargo space, coming back from heathrow last week we were a 15 minute bus journey away from the terminal!

luckyBatistuta

Ha ha. Ordinarily I would agree but I get so much of a perverse pleasure out of the seethe it produces in me that I am as guilty as the rest of the viewers.

My seethe is just too strong. I just can't watch it, makes my blood boil.

Even on the likes of BA priority boarding is pointless, especially on the Edinburgh - Heathrow route, there's only ever about 10 folk that don't have at least a bronze BA card.

My seethe with BA recently is that their cost cutting is making them a worse option for flights to london than the likes of Flymaybe, they've stopped the complimentary breakfast/snack and drink and replaced them with ?5 a pop M&S sardines. As if that wasn't bad enough they are saving money at Edinburgh Airport by moving out to the shittiest gates available, used to fly from gate 3 or 10 but now they are at gate 23 with a bus to the plane that sitting out in a cargo space, coming back from heathrow last week we were a 15 minute bus journey away from the terminal!

I flew to London with BA last month and it left from the usual gate and they dished out the usual free drink.

That is creepy , i would move my seat.

Move and sit behind them.

Fitzroy Pointon

Vodafone. Pure ball breakers. Between overcharging me and constant phonecalls and texts about broadband or landlines and other deals. Add to that the fact that their service is absolutely shite.

luckyBatistuta

Move and sit behind them.

Good shout, but what if the said ***** gets up and sits behind him again :eek:

Good shout, but what if the said ***** gets up and sits behind him again :eek:

If he sits in the first row first, he's safe as he'll end up at the back ;)

luckyBatistuta

If he sits in the first row first, he's safe as he'll end up at the back ;)

I don't get on buses very often, so might be making a tit of myself here. If he just sits in the front row, would that not mean the boy would have to stand on the stairs to breathe gently on the back of his neck.

I don't get on buses very often, so might be making a tit of myself here. If he just sits in the front row, would that not mean the boy would have to stand on the stairs to breathe gently on the back of his neck.

I forgot about the side with the stairs :facepalm:

luckyBatistuta

I forgot about the side with the stairs :facepalm:

It'll be the most sought after seat on the bus now. Edited by luckyBatistuta

Touche!

No waste of money here. The additional ?42 I paid was for extra leg room, priority boarding is added automatically to the itinerary.

The initial flight cost was exceptionally cheap. Budget airline? Yes. Shite airline that some argue, is harsh.

I think the product and cost is extremely well matched.

Touche!

No waste of money here. The additional ?42 I paid was for extra leg room, priority boarding is added automatically to the itinerary.

The initial flight cost was exceptionally cheap. Budget airline? Yes. Shite airline that some argue, is harsh.

They're fine until things go wrong. Then they don't even treat people like humans. They're shite. I wouldn't fly with them for free.

They're fine until things go wrong. Then they don't even treat people like humans. They're shite. I wouldn't fly with them for free.

The human thing works both ways, as in my initial seethe.

You are in the some would argue category.

Edited by Old Blue Eyes

The human thing works both ways, as in my initial seethe.

You are in the some would argue category.

We've moved on now, and i was talking about them treating people like ***** when things don't go to plan in context of why i think they're shite. That's got nothing to do with idiots jumping a queue.

Touche!

Plus an extra 'carry on' bag.

Well worth the wee bit extra.

Plus an extra 'carry on' bag.

Well worth the wee bit extra.

That's what I reckoned, but some would argue my intellect is dubious. :rofl:

Had some valuables that were definitely not going in the aircraft hold.

Edited by Old Blue Eyes

That's what I reckoned, but some would argue my intellect is dubious. :rofl:

Had some valuables that were definitely not going in the aircraft hold.

That's why we do it too.