The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

Folk who feel every match they go to should be the quality of Barcelona / Real Madrid

I'm a member of football fan page on Facebook that covers folk who visit other grounds (the seethe of pretentious tossers uploading Belgian 7th tier or Czech 8th tier (basically a field and a barrier) is bad enough)

But have seen uploads from Spanish, French, German and English games, all of which state that the quality of the game was really bad (almost all of the games mentioned had 3 or more goals) or two bad teams (at least 50% were teams high in the respective top tiers)

Sky television era has truely turned people into overexpectant idiots

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm a big fan of actual football stadia and visiting them is not necessarily for a match (that's a bonus) but a tour and a bit of info/photos

I am a member of the page mentioned (European football weekends) as I am interested in seeing some stadiums that I may not personally get to/hear opinions and get information from folk who go to the stadiums I can or will

But seeing an 8th level game in a European country in a field with 20 spectators absolutely irks me, no one is going to go to that country just for that stadium to 'tick it off the list'

I have a bucket list of stadiums I would LIKE to go to, at least 2 of them are sadly more than likely to stay on it until I die but these are actual stadiums with a bit of interest history and intrigue not some ikea flatpack or field

luckyBatistuta

I genuinely don't know him. What makes him a dick?

One of my friends who is a captain at his golf club and a nicer, more polite guy you'll not meet was assigned the job of driving them at Gleneagles. All the drivers were briefed exactly what to do and where not to drive. He picked them up during the tournament and they started shouting at him to drive across an area that he was specifically told that he was not allowed to take them. When he told them that he wasn't allowed to go that way, the two of them started effing and c'ing at him and giving it the "you know who we are". His wife was shouting out the window for people to get the #### out of the road. He said she was one of the most horrible people that he's ever met. When they got back, they just stormed off with no apology, yet he was told that he did the correct thing by the officials in charge.

heartsfc_fan

People continuously spelling Goncalves wrong.

"Concalves" :vrface:

Don't know why, but that annoys me.

Edited by heartsfc_fan

chester copperpot

:rofl: that was short and sweet

Haha.

Game can make people a bit of a dick. I reckon I'd be like that if I was famous.

luckyBatistuta

Haha.

Game can make people a bit of a dick. I reckon I'd be like that if I was famous.

You mean your not

famous :wink:

chester copperpot

You mean your not

famous :wink:

Ha.

I'll tee them up. You blast them off

Fitzroy Pointon

For some reason this annoys me. The way they both look down the camera when they're talking about a serious subject. 73c672b05ca02f933bfb5f7b79957599.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Stuart Lyon

One for Lucky Batistuta - taxi drivers who think you can't turn right up Dewar Place Lane from Torphichen Place! Driver on Saturday night insisted this was illegal and he had been pulled-up for it before. I said if that's the case I'll get out and get another taxi which I did and of course the second taxi driver didn't have a problem with my preferred route. I have had taxi drivers take that route 3 times a week for years!

luckyBatistuta

One for Lucky Batistuta - taxi drivers who think you can't turn right up Dewar Place Lane from Torphichen Place! Driver on Saturday night insisted this was illegal and he had been pulled-up for it before. I said if that's the case I'll get out and get another taxi which I did and of course the second taxi driver didn't have a problem with my preferred route. I have had taxi drivers take that route 3 times a week for years!

Pretty much use that on every shift. No sign saying you can't and if the cops do it, I'm doing it. So he refused to take you, do you know what his number was bud? (PM me, if you know it) I'll wind him up if I know him. Some of them think they know everything mate. Some guys get upset when you tell them the full route you want to take. I don't see what the problem with that is personally, as your paying the fare, so you can go whatever way you want.

edit: don't tell everybody bud, I think there are quite a lot of people that think the same, as I hardly see anyone do it. If everyone starts using it, they'll stick a sign up, guaranteed :sad:

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Stuart Lyon

Didn't bother with bis number and not sure if it was City Cabs or Central although I will find out. He refused to take me that route so I declined his services and went back into the pub and got them to call another cab.

Take your point about keeping this route quiet.

luckyBatistuta

Didn't bother with bis number and not sure if it was City Cabs or Central although I will find out. He refused to take me that route so I declined his services and went back into the pub and got them to call another cab.

Take your point about keeping this route quiet.

Where were you going to if you don't mind me asking.

luckyBatistuta

Blackford area of the city.

Yeah, now I see why you wouldn't be happy mate. That's a long way round that he's going to take you. He is wrong and I myself would have gone the way you said, but Edinburgh council don't make it easy to get around. If they close that off, it makes it a nightmare to get where you want to go.

Stuart Lyon

LB - I had one guy who headed for the approach road and then turned right towards the Diggers! I told him that was the long way round and of course he disagreed! To be fair I hadn't stated a preferred route but I thought he would turn left at the approach road and then right at Lothian Rd. Needless to say he and I disagreed about the fare.

3 fingers - a pub in Morrison St - don't see the relevance of your question!

luckyBatistuta

LB - I had one guy who headed for the approach road and then turned right towards the Diggers! I told him that was the long way round and of course he disagreed! To be fair I hadn't stated a preferred route but I thought he would turn left at the approach road and then right at Lothian Rd. Needless to say he and I disagreed about the fare.

If he was on Morrison street, then it does Stuart. He could go onto the western approach and turn right. He would then be able to cut along Drysdale road and up Viewforth.

Took a bottle of Ribena into work, someone nearby tanks the majority of it so I tell them to buy one back and they come in with tescos own squash.

Do one

Took a bottle of Ribena into work, someone nearby tanks the majority of it so I tell them to buy one back and they come in with tescos own squash.

Do one

Cheeky ******* :lol:

luckyBatistuta

Do one

Cheeky ******* :lol:

Bullies in the workplace.

3fingersreid

TBH I was just curious as to why he/she didn't use the lane , but if it upsets you me asking fair enough !!!!!!!!!!

Hartleys_Jam_Tart

Crap office chat. I can't stand it.

'is it not time to go home yet?'

No, you stupid cow. It's 9 o clock on Monday morning. We have 5 full days to get through. Shut the **** up.

This particular womans chat drives me absolutely nuts

Constant innuendo 'schtick' where there is only a very tenuous innuendo or often none at all.

Edited by Sooperstar

Stuart Lyon

LB - this was long before Drysdale Rd existed. I think he went up Harrison Rd and then to Holy Corner.

3 Fingers - Thomson's my local.

I can be a right Muppet at times....as proven here.

Apologies.

Morgan will rip me to shreds now !

:vrface:

You're a right muppet.

:wink:

No, you stupid cow. It's 9 o clock on Monday morning. We have 5 full days to get through. Shut the **** up.

I used to work with a bursd who would say "I wish it was 5 o'clock, cos then I'd only have an hour to go"

Well if you're wishing then why not just wish it was 6 o'clock you ****** halfwit!

luckyBatistuta

I used to work with a bursd who would say "I wish it was 5 o'clock, cos then I'd only have an hour to go"

Well if you're wishing then why not just wish it was 6 o'clock you ****** halfwit!

Idiot,

She was probably a 5.30 finish too :lol:

3fingersreid

LB - this was long before Drysdale Rd existed. I think he went up Harrison Rd and then to Holy Corner.

Only reason I asked was if it had been carters ,and only if the traffic was horrendous and there was the usual nightmare at the junction it might , only might've been quicker swinging a left onto Morrison link , west app then up Lothian rd .

As to the driver who took you along west app then up onto Harrison road , you should've reported them for that route

The 1 I hate is, when you ask someone how they are, the reply is along the lines of "white, 4 days till friday","no bad, Friday tomorrow" and "excellent, it's friday".

If you find the job that miserable you're continually wishing it is the weekend, leave, give me some peace and get another job.

The 1 I hate is, when you ask someone how they are, the reply is along the lines of "white, 4 days till friday","no bad, Friday tomorrow" and "excellent, it's friday".

If you find the job that miserable you're continually wishing it is the weekend, leave, give me some peace and get another job.

:2thumbsup: Jack.

Or, 'I'll be better when it's Friday". Or 'Ask me that on Friday'.

Arseholes.

:2thumbsup: Jack.

Or, 'I'll be better when it's Friday". Or 'Ask me that on Friday'.

Arseholes.

It really rips my knitting. I'm as grumpy on a Monday as I am on a Friday. The days don't change my moods, dealing with spunktrumpets changes my moods.

luckyBatistuta

That's an absolute shocker of a route mate.

Only reason I asked was if it had been carters ,and only if the traffic was horrendous and there was the usual nightmare at the junction it might , only might've been quicker swinging a left onto Morrison link , west app then up Lothian rd .

As to the driver who took you along west app then up onto Harrison road , you should've reported them for that route

Agreed mate, the guy should be reported, that's no mistake. We've all made the odd mistake once in a while when we've set off and think "shit, I should have went that way", but they're still minor mistakes. That plum shouldn't be driving a taxi with a route like that.

Stuart Lyon

LB - it was a City Cabs driver that wouldn't go up the lane from Torphichen Place on Saturday about 6:30pm. When I went back into the pub and asked them to call me another cab it was City Cabs they called again. Strange then that the 2nd driver had no problem with my request.

luckyBatistuta

LB - it was a City Cabs driver that wouldn't go up the lane from Torphichen Place on Saturday about 6:30pm. When I went back into the pub and asked them to call me another cab it was City Cabs they called again. Strange then that the 2nd driver had no problem with my request.

You caused quite a stir in my house last night bud. Monday night is poker night at mine and I brought it up in the conversation. Some were convinced it was a no entry with a sign, others that it was one way, but they just didn't have a sign up and also some thought you could just turn right at the end onto Torphicen street. iPads and phones were out and onto google maps street view :lol:

That's why you need to call 0131 229 2468 from now on :wink:

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Stuart Lyon

Must have been an interesting night!

Turn left road marking at west end of lane

post-586-0-09226800-1491897677_thumb.png

No right turn sign

post-586-0-51461600-1491897718_thumb.png

2 Way traffic sign in Lane

post-586-0-61421700-1491897751_thumb.png

Quite conclusive I would say. Get them City Cabs drivers telt!

luckyBatistuta

attachicon.gifTurn left signage.png

No right turn sign

attachicon.gifNo Right Turn Sign.png

attachicon.gif2 Way Traffic Sign.png

Indeed it is, now I just need to find out his Victor number, I'm on it post-25326-0-14923400-1491898368_thumb.gif

3fingersreid

Turn left signage.png

No right turn sign

No Right Turn Sign.png

2 Way Traffic Sign.png

What they need to do is paint a yellow box at the junction of torphican pl and dewar place lane to keep the junction open , especially as it's the route the police take

Stuart Lyon

3fingers - I wrote to the Council about 3 years ago suggesting this but obviously it was just ignored. Not the first time my cab driver has had to do a turn behind vehicle(s) blocking the access to the lane.