Craig Beattie Signs!

quincy adams wagstaff

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon that IF we sign Beattie, he will play up front with 2 wide men. Skacel would then play in front of the midfield to support him.

Elliott would start on the bench.

Arthur Morgan

i cant wait though! :whistling:

haha you could get lucky with this guess cause 4 is not already used by a member of the squad and it looks like beattie will sign, i think he should get number 1 though

Mr stats freak

Lol it's not a guess though. A family member of mine works at Riccarton and told me this morning. He has Jonsson's old locker which is beside Rudi's. You think I'm making that up?

hes at riccarton now apparently :thumbsup:

I'm sure I saw him working there with the road re-surfacing crew! :whistling:

Sorry if this has been covered already, but any word on what his fitness levels would be like?

Fermit the Krog

Lol it's not a guess though. A family member of mine works at Riccarton and told me this morning. He has Jonsson's old locker which is beside Rudi's. You think I'm making that up?

Not doubting that he used Jonssons old locker today.

Doesn't mean he'll get the No 4 shirt though, does it?

i dont care if your making it up i still think beattie will sign today with or without your in the know post :thumbsup:

why did you make up the 3rd strip nonsense?

...a bit disco

28072011346.jpg

:whistling:

Just sayin' like.

;)

jamboinglasgow

It is negative. 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1 or whatever way you want to spin it its a negative set up imo. The reason so matches get bogged down in midfield is exactly this formations fault.

In fact I'd go as far to say its the formation which has ruined football.

I would disagree. A lot things with formation is how you set up, at the world cup the Germans played 4-2-3-1 which was quick and able to break with speed and movement and was quite exciting. They were the team scoring most goals, 14 goals including 3 games in which they scored 4. While the Spanish who played a variation on 4-2-3-1 were not as high scoring because teams tried to close them down and the Spanish style is all about holding onto the ball for as long as possible to tire out the opposition and exploit gaps with quick passing.

Its the same with 4-4-2. 4-4-2 has created some of the dullest teams around, as they lump it up the pitch which is cut out then defend like mad then repeat. But it can be effective if you have the right people to pass quickly and move quickly with speed.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Ok so you were right and I was wrong - feel better now? I couldnt be bothered to check because when he last played was NOT THAT IMPORTANT IN THE CONTEXT OF THE POINT I WAS MAKING...

How's about some meaningful comment from you? You up to that? Do you think the fact Stevenson is our second top scorer with 4 goals is ok because he played til December and not October?

What upsets me is how absurd your replies are - can you imagine being in a pub and having this conversation with me..."no stop big man - never mind our poor goal scoring record...thats irrelevant! I must point out Ryan played til mid December...not October as you claim...get it right eh?"

Youd certainly be good for a laugh but I doubt youd last very long!

Hi, sorry to interrupt a rather tasty bun-fight but what is your point? Is it that we should all be really dicked off that we are not scoring enough goals... 'cos if it is then, if you read the thread and the many others on here you will see that everyone is aware of this. However if you are trying to say that getting femdom enthusiast Stevenson off the books was a bad idea, then I would rather just read the same kind of thing in the morally bankrupt Sun newspaper instead... At least they have a nice set of tits on offer to remind me to disengage my brain before perusal... Are you offering us knockers? This is pivotal to my level of attention from here onwards.

Arthur Morgan

i dont care if your making it up i still think beattie will sign today with or without your in the know post :thumbsup:

why did you make up the 3rd strip nonsense?

Yes, of course he would be signing today with or without my post, as other people have already said. Someone asked if he had been seen in Edinburgh today and I replied.

FYI or anyone else for that matter. I don't care what anyone thinks, we were supposed to be wearing a 3rd kit, it didn't materialise but there was a 3rd kit, I'm not sad enough to make that up. I remember Ryan Gosling also confirmed at the time, that there was indeed a 3rd kit.

4-4-2 it should be, we do have the option to do this, but some on here are too blind to see it,

the team I would go far today,,

,GK, Ridgers (he needs a chance now, Jamies postioning in the few games when goals scored against has be shocking)

LB, Ryan McGowan, ( I like Jamie H, but I feel he needs to be left out the team for a few weeks to get the "hunger" he once had back)

LCB, It has to be Zal, (for me, yes he makes mistakes some major, but look at how many goals our defence has leaked )

RCB, Andrew Webster, at the moment he is the best CB playing in the Scottish leagues, he strolls most games, Should be captian.

RB, Granger, for me, now he ccoming back from injury,

LW, Driver, as soon as he gets his confidence back & a decent run in the team, I recon He will come good again.

LCM, Black, this guy albiet being a hothead, has been playing some great football this season,

RCM, Adrian, he breaks up attacks, he reminds me of Nelly & Berry, Never the best players, but always worked hard for the team.

RW, Templeton, great running with the ball, could do with getting a better techinuqe for crossing, but a great direct player.

LCF, Stevie E, he aint been getting a good service of late, constanly running but defo needs help.

RCF, D Smith, done a great job against Spurs at WHL. ( & needs a chance in the team)

subs

Rudi,

Novo

Jamie mac

Hamil

plus some of the youngsters.

4-4-2 it should be, we do have the option to do this, but some on here are too blind to see it,

,GK, Ridgers (he needs a chance now, Jamies postioning in the few games when goals scored against has be shocking)

LB, Ryan McGowan, ( I like Jamie H, but I feel he needs to be left out the team for a few weeks to get the "hunger" he once had back)

LCB, It has to be Zal, (for me, yes he makes mistakes some major, but look at how many goals our defence has leaked )

RCB, Andrew Webster, at the moment he is the best CB playing in the Scottish leagues, he strolls most games, Should be captian.

LW, Driver, as soon as he gets his confidence back & a decent run in the team, I recon He will come good again.

LCM, Black, this guy albiet being a hothead, has been playing some great football this season,

RCM, Adrian, he breaks up attacks, he reminds me of Nelly & Berry, Never the best players, but always worked hard for the team.

RW, Templeton, great running with the ball, could do with getting a better techinuqe for crossing, but a great direct player.

LCF, Stevie E, he aint been getting a good service of late, constanly running but defo needs help.

RCF, D Smith, done a great job against Spurs at WHL. ( & needs a chance in the team)

subs

Rudi,

Novo

Jamie mac

Hamil

a few points

grainger at right back? hes bad enough at left back, we really need 2 new fullbacks, thanks JJ!

driver has lost it, should never pull on the maroon again would rather have suso anyway

it was gordon smith not david that played up front at WHL and imo is not good enough to start spl games yet

a few points

grainger at right back? hes bad enough at left back, we really need 2 new fullbacks, thanks JJ!

driver has lost it, should never pull on the maroon again would rather have suso anyway

it was gordon smith not david that played up front at WHL and imo is not good enough to start spl games yet

I knew it was Gordon, but i was trying to multi task as I type this up.

& Suso should be on the bench also.

So he's wearing number 4 because he's got Jonsson's old locker, which is beside Rudi's locker, our number 19?

I can see why you came to that conclusion. :rolleyes:

subs

Rudi,

Novo

Jamie mac

Hamil

I have no idea who would create goals from in that team unless you were expecting to go down the wings at every opportunity making us easy to read and defend against.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

a few points

Point one: When JJ signed Grainger everyone questioned his wisdom because we had Wallace, if we signed three fullbacks it would have been bedlam.

Point two: Players do not become poor all of a sudden after seasons of being good. The pulling on maroon part of what you are saying though is something I would normally expect a slightly daft kid to say... Crazy opinion!

Arthur Morgan

So he's wearing number 4 because he's got Jonsson's old locker, which is beside Rudi's locker, our number 19?

I can see why you came to that conclusion. :rolleyes:

Yes that is correct. Jonsson's old locker is beside Rudi's (don't ask me why). Each locker has a number on it which corresponds with their kit number. It's not rocket science.

Point one: When JJ signed Grainger everyone questioned his wisdom because we had Wallace, if we signed three fullbacks it would have been bedlam.

Point two: Players do not become poor all of a sudden after seasons of being good. The pulling on maroon part of what you are saying though is something I would normally expect a slightly daft kid to say... Crazy opinion!

point 1: sign 2 decent fullbacks and not hamill and grainger

point 2: who said it was all of a sudden? not seen him take on a man for 2 and a half years, should of pumped him in january, oh aye nobody wanted him?

Fermit the Krog

Yes that is correct. Jonsson's old locker is beside Rudi's (don't ask me why). Each locker has a number on it which corresponds with their kit number. It's not rocket science.

But the point you are missing is it doesn't mean that is going to be his number/locker.

On my first day at work, my jacket and bag were put on a chair. I don't do that now.

Do you see?

I have no idea who would create goals from in that team unless you were expecting to go down the wings at every opportunity making us easy to read and defend against.

I never said it would work, I just said we have the option,

Guest Bilel Mohsni

point 1: sign 2 decent fullbacks and not hamill and grainger

point 2: who said it was all of a sudden? not seen him take on a man for 2 and a half years, should of pumped him in january, oh aye nobody wanted him?

Point uno: Grainger is decent enough, Hamill is a bit meh to be fair.

Point dos: How many games has Driver played in those dos years?

Point tres: Change your panties, I can smell them from here.

B)

I won the SPL with Hearts on FIFA '11...

... just sayin'! :teehee:

I won the European Cup, League and Cup treble with Hearts Newfooty (the betamax to VHS/Newfooty to Subbuteo).

Mind you, it was in 1961 when boys were men and ate huge penny dainties!

Arthur Morgan

But the point you are missing is it doesn't mean that is going to be his number/locker.

On my first day at work, my jacket and bag were put on a chair. I don't do that now.

Do you see?

I see what you mean but the person was also told that's what his number would be.

Do you see?

But did you have to take on the same name as you predecessor?

maroonlegions

are you asking or telling?

Sorry , got back into my works fan today and my work mate said it was on the radio that he had signed a short term contract, he is a Jambo too so he would not make this up,unless he got the wrong end of the stick from the radio that is;I have check media web sites such as Sky Sports News,BBC sport Scotland ,STV sport but no news of his signing on any of them;sweat.gifunsure.gif

Point uno: Grainger is decent enough, Hamill is a bit meh to be fair.

Point dos: How many games has Driver played in those dos years?

Point tres: Change your panties, I can smell them from here.

B)

Point uno: grainger cant defend and thinks hes got a great left foot but 9 time out of 10 does not beat the first man, and hamill has slept with a fullback

point dos: exactly

point tres: okay done, now what?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Sorry , got back into my works fan today and my work mate said it was on the radio that he had signed a short term contract, he is a Jambo too so he would not make this up,unless he got the wrong end of the stick from the radio that is;I have check media web sites such as Sky Sports News,BBC sport Scotland ,STV sport but no news of his signing on any of them;sweat.gifunsure.gif

Sharing a van with an ITK JKBer? :o

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Point uno: grainger cant defend and thinks hes got a great left foot but 9 time out of 10 does not beat the first man, and hamill has slept with a fullback

point dos: exactly

point tres: okay done, now what?

Never got properly past point ein to be honest, I enjoyed the "... hamill has slept with a fullback... " part too much! :thumbsup: Kudos.

(Point zwei is just bananas to be fair, you are trying to make zwei points at once and claiming they are the same thing now and wanting both as a result.)

it's off, he's pulled out. "fans are nutter, i can't go there" were the words used, so i've been told.

he's right like.

it's off, he's pulled out. "fans are nutter, i can't go there" were the words used, so i've been told.

he's right like.

Ah, the rise of the nutters!

...a bit disco

laugh.gif

More like this;

article-1337537-0299390A000004B0-47_468x286.jpg

woot.gif

s_6867.jpg

Maroonlegions on hearing the latest Craig Beattie news rumours.

hmfc4life1991

Scott Burns @ScottBurns75

Craig Beattie's deal to #Hearts could be finally concluded today. #longestrunningsagaever

Archived