Craig Beattie Signs!

quincy adams wagstaff

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dr. Sheldon Cooper

It is negative. 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1 or whatever way you want to spin it its a negative set up imo. The reason so matches get bogged down in midfield is exactly this formations fault.

In fact I'd go as far to say its the formation which has ruined football.

Sorry but that is just nonsense. How is 4-4-1-1 negative but yet 4-4-2 is positive and attacking? May have mis-interpreted what you said but that's what I'm getting from it.

I would disagree. A lot things with formation is how you set up, at the world cup the Germans played 4-2-3-1 which was quick and able to break with speed and movement and was quite exciting. They were the team scoring most goals, 14 goals including 3 games in which they scored 4. While the Spanish who played a variation on 4-2-3-1 were not as high scoring because teams tried to close them down and the Spanish style is all about holding onto the ball for as long as possible to tire out the opposition and exploit gaps with quick passing.

Its the same with 4-4-2. 4-4-2 has created some of the dullest teams around, as they lump it up the pitch which is cut out then defend like mad then repeat. But it can be effective if you have the right people to pass quickly and move quickly with speed.

Exactly this.

You can make any formation dull and boring if you want to, just depends on the style of play and the players involved. You could play a 4-4-2 but with two defensive midfield players, two wide men and two target men. If it resulted in the team camping on the edge of their own area and lumping the ball up to the strikers then that would be negative.

The German example is a perfect example of how to use 4-2-3-1 efficiently. For me, it is the best formation in football as it can turn into a number of other formations such as 4-3-3, 4-4-2 and 4-4-1-1. Even Hearts during our winning run last season, we played an attacking 4-2-3-1 and it was great to watch.

Craig Beattie has officially signed.

:thumbsup:

The burning question for me is that Billy Bunter's post confirming that he hasn't signed, and decrying your good self for posting duff gen, has mysteriously disappeared!!!

The burning question for me is that Billy Bunter's post confirming that he hasn't signed, and decrying your good self for posting duff gen, has mysteriously disappeared!!!

Can't say I noticed, I was too busy being ITK.

:lol:

Not that I am doubting a man of Gosling's immpecable standing on the boards :unsure: but I'll be happier when it is on the Hearts website. At least i'll be able to get some work done then.

Beattie's wages are being paid by the money we saved when Obua was released from his contract in January. :whistling:

I thought they were paid from th money we made from our 3rd choice kits?

...a bit disco

nothing on official site or heart' facebook

You need to wait 20 minutes remember.

:lol:

maroonlegions

s_6867.jpg

Maroonlegions on hearing the latest Craig Beattie news rumours.

laugh.gif looks like my jambo work mate heard right then;

Guardian's Ewan Murray: "Craig Beattie trained with Hearts today. Will sign til end of season."

I hate deals like that. Better have an option to extend. If not and he has a good end to the season. Bye Bye.

I hate deals like that. Better have an option to extend. If not and he has a good end to the season. Bye Bye.

Yes otherwise we get him fit so he can move on somewhere else.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Alternatively he might pull up in his first warm up and never kick a ball... In which case a deal to the end of the season with first refusal would be far preferable to a straight up 2-3 year deal no?

rudi must stay

Alternatively he might pull up in his first warm up and never kick a ball... In which case a deal to the end of the season with first refusal would be far preferable to a straight up 2-3 year deal no?

depends on his age. At 28, Beattie is worth the gamble IMO

With any deal like this, the club retains first refusal so I would imagine if he does well we'll have the option of extending it like Rudi's in the summer.

Yes otherwise we get him fit so he can move on somewhere else.

Maybe that is the appeal for Beattie?

He could be taking a wage cut to come for Hearts but plans to get fit and prove himself. Hearts on the other hand get an experienced SPL striker which we desperately need right now.

I think its mutual for both sides. Who knows what will happen in the summer.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

depends on his age. At 28, Beattie is worth the gamble IMO

Maybe to a Championship side or a cash-rich club with more financial resources than us but as long as we have first shout at an extension then I would rather do it this way personally. :)

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Maybe that is the appeal for Beattie?

He could be taking a wage cut to come for Hearts but plans to get fit and prove himself. Hearts on the other hand get an experienced SPL striker which we desperately need right now.

I think its mutual for both sides. Who knows what will happen in the summer.

Ken we're skint and everything but I would be amazed if our deal is less money than jobseekers allowance.

Has he actually signed? Ewan murrays twitter the only thing to go by or does anyone know for sure

Wouldn't believe him :-)

Beatties dad says he has signed tho

Ken we're skint and everything but I would be amazed if our deal is less money than jobseekers allowance.

Totally agree. But maybe Beattie and his agent still think he has another or his last big deal in the championship. So the plan is to take a pay cut, get fit and put himself in the shop window in the summer.

If he comes in secures 4th or gets us to 3rd (or 2nd ninja.gif) and gets himself a last big deal down south then that would be great for all.

bunter... ITK.

in the khasi. ::troll:::'>

:greggy:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Totally agree. But maybe Beattie and his agent still think he has another or his last big deal in the championship. So the plan is to take a pay cut, get fit and put himself in the shop window in the summer.

If he comes in secures 4th or gets us to 3rd (or 2nd ninja.gif) and gets himself a last big deal down south then that would be great for all.

I'd accept that actually, as long as he does a job for us then stay or go we will win on a short deal with first refusal.

Archived