Craig Beattie Signs!

quincy adams wagstaff

Alternatively he might pull up in his first warm up and never kick a ball... In which case a deal to the end of the season with first refusal would be far preferable to a straight up 2-3 year deal no?

Hence I feel we should have an option to extend it. If you read my post.

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn you Beattie, damn you JKB, damn you all!

I'm now having to work at home tonight to catch up on my work :angry:

I'd accept that actually, as long as he does a job for us then stay or go we will win on a short deal with first refusal.

Not sure what you mean by a 'deal with first refusal'?

As he not attached to any club there is no deal there.

Or if we are making a deal with him and he does have one eye on the championship he would not accept the deal from Hearts.

Fingers crossed Beattie and Kyle will be fighting for a deal come the end of the season! woot.gif

Damn you Beattie, damn you JKB, damn you all!

I'm now having to work at home tonight to catch up on my work :angry:

...and I still can't stop myself from checking every 5 mins!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Hence I feel we should have an option to extend it. If you read my post.

No arguments there chief, I would be amazed if.we didn't have such a proviso in place myself. If we don't them I would hate such a deal too but I just cannot imagine we don't. :)

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Not sure what you mean by a 'deal with first refusal'?

As he not attached to any club there is no deal there.

Or if we are making a deal with him and he does have one eye on the championship he would not accept the deal from Hearts.

Fingers crossed Beattie and Kyle will be fighting for a deal come the end of the season! woot.gif

I mean if the deal is until the end of the season, then I hope we have an extension clause that gives us first shout at extending it rather than him being able to go to another club come the summer and we do not get any say.

Jambo, Goodbye

No arguments there chief, I would be amazed if.we didn't have such a proviso in place myself. If we don't them I would hate such a deal too but I just cannot imagine we don't. :)

Unless we repeat the mistake we made with Lee Miller sad.gif

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Unless we repeat the mistake we made with Lee Miller sad.gif

Was he not on loan from Bristol? If he was on a short deal with no clause to extend on first refusal then that was a shame, though I doubt he would have played in place of Jany or Bednar once Robbo left.

Now that a handful of the entire internet's worst posters have rounded on people providing the info on this deal, I am even more excited to see it confirmed and make them all look like right wee toads :smuggy:

Jambo, Goodbye

Was he not on loan from Bristol? If he was on a short deal with no clause to extend on first refusal then that was a shame, though I doubt he would have played in place of Jany or Bednar once Robbo left.

He was on loan yeh, we should have had an option similar to Rudi in 2005/06 imo

...a bit disco

Could be nothing but floodlights on at tynie

Scarf-over-head shot as we speak.

:whistling:

I mean if the deal is until the end of the season, then I hope we have an extension clause that gives us first shout at extending it rather than him being able to go to another club come the summer and we do not get any say.

Understood, and that would be good for Hearts. But he might feel he still has one last 10k+/- a week contract in him so he is coming to Hearts for 1k+/- to get fit and in the show window for a the summer. So if Heart's were to offer him a clause on low wages (in his estimate) he might back out and head back to St Johnstone or Killie.

Jambo, Goodbye

Mistake? Lee Miller or Edgaras Jankauskas?

Jany or Bednar were miles better but the point I was making was that we let a good player out of our grasp even though we did actually want to keep him. We went the whole summer with only Weir as our striker before signing Jany or Bednar though. Miller would of also been a better sub to have in that team than Clum or Simmons who acted as a striker toward the end of the first derby.

Like I say, the point is we have made mistakes and I hope we don't repeat them with Beattie.

Could be nothing but floodlights on at tynie

That's it, after the top boey confirming he's signed and now the floodlights being on......I'm on the "Beattie Bus" :D

Guest Prince William

Begining to think this is a wind up and ye hasnt signed. Hope im proved wrong imo i thi.k he would do a great job for us

People in the media are reporting it on twitter. Bit much if it's all just a wind up.

...a bit disco

stv news.....signing news from hearts :whistling:

Not on the website but in other news...

Nigel Quashie to Dundee?

:blink:

People in the media are reporting it on twitter. Bit much if it's all just a wind up.

Not a wind up, my mate biscuit has just text me to confirm he has signed. Beattie's sister cuts his bursds hair and has confirmed he is back and has signed.

He is keen to stay long term as his kiss are approaching school age and he wants them educated up here rather than down south.

The Future's Maroon

STV News expects him to sign in the next few days....so they dont know anything?!

They did say he trained at Riccarton today however!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Kickbackers stalking tweeters and then taking a flyer at it on here :lol:

Dunno Winnie, certainly been a bit of that going on but whoever it was who first mentioned his potential signing did so a good bit before the Express etc. That was a pretty out of the blue scoop actually.

Johanes de Silentio

Not a wind up, my mate biscuit has just text me to confirm he has signed. Beattie's sister cuts his bursds hair and has confirmed he is back and has signed.

That's the best source I've ever read on here. :thumbsup:

Some on here must think we are a far bigger club than we are when it comes to signings

CB scores goals, has SPL and International experience, give the guy a chance FFS looks a lot better than we have, CB not even played yet, but on come the moaning Minnie's whining away :yucky:

Beats the thought/horror of boy David playing up front, anyday, :thumbsup:

STV News expects him to sign in the next few days....so they dont know anything?!

They did say he trained at Riccarton today however!

So he is training with us for a few days. If Sergio likes him we sign him, if he doesnt we don't .. Seems like the correct approach to me.

Not being funny or itk but I did say there was a bit to go on this one on Sat night and Hearts will be looking at another option if he does not sign.

Johanes de Silentio

Not being funny or itk but I did say there was a bit to go on this one on Sat night and Hearts will be looking at another option if he does not sign.

What about the other striker you mentioned?

Kickback posters=The worse bunch of in the knowers in message board land :lol:

That's just a CTRL-V job, Winston. You really have to be thinking outside the box a bit more I'm afraid :(

:interesting:

Let the speculation commence !

Akpo Sodje or Junior Agogo?

::troll:::'>

Archived