Craig Beattie Signs!

quincy adams wagstaff

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think Kyle will be away to tell you the truth. Unless he drops his wages big time. Sure there are younger, cheaper and possible better players out there if we get our scouting right. But would happily keep kyle because he would be a good leader for the youngsters, but at the correct wage :thumbsup:

He is desperate to get back with Hearts and said that he would happily agree a deal on lesser terms.

Think Kyle will be away to tell you the truth. Unless he drops his wages big time. Sure there are younger, cheaper and possible better players out there if we get our scouting right. But would happily keep kyle because he would be a good leader for the youngsters, but at the correct wage :thumbsup:

big kev has said he would stay on lower wages on hearts tv hope he gets fit and stays

It sounds very much like Paulo has nothing to do with this signing. Hopefully it's a DoF signing based on paulo's needs.

Personally, our season consists of 3 more games all cup ties, we should be blooding youngsters now and keeping our more snr players fresh for cup games, not signing what could be a decent player but keeping a youngster out from gaining experience. Just my tuppence.

It sounds very much like Paulo has nothing to do with this signing. Hopefully it's a DoF signing based on paulo's needs.

Personally, our season consists of 3 more games all cup ties, we should be blooding youngsters now and keeping our more snr players fresh for cup games, not signing what could be a decent player but keeping a youngster out from gaining experience. Just my tuppence.

Top 6 should still be a key target. If Rangers are in admin at end of March that may mean another Euro place up for grabs?

Can't do much worse with the squad than we are doing now. When should we ever blood the youngsters through? There never seems to be a good time.

Well I would keep him. Seem a likeable chap who plays with his heart on his sleeve and we don't have to many of them! We need better leaders on the pitch if we are going to play youngsters!

We need someone in midfield who will grab the game by the scruff!

Black is brutal and Robinson isn't much better!

Utter shite.

Top 6 should still be a key target. If Rangers are in admin at end of March that may mean another Euro place up for grabs?

Rangers will drop down the league like a hookers drawers now. Logical move for the administrators is to get rid of the players whose contracts are up at the end of the season and thus have no sell on value, rather than bin the young players who will be on less of a wage anyways.

I would thus expect them to bin Healy, Kerkar, Papac, Alexander, Aluko & Bartley will be sent back to Arsenal. Add to that list Matt McKay who will either go back to Oz on loan or be released from his contract and you are left with the likes of Davis, McGregor, McCulloch and Clubfoot until the end of the season supplemented by young kids and Kyle Laughatme when he returns from injury.

Its clear that their hearts are no longer in this and they can no longer rely on the team spirit they had under Walter to take them through, as guys like McGregor, Whittaker, Davis et al will be looking at the exit door rather than taking a pay cut and will only be interested in staying injury free.

As soon as Celtic win the league their heads will go down even further and they have still to play them twice before the season is done and there is no chance that Celtic will take it easy against them, even if the league is won.

Chance is there to climb the table if we have the balls for it.

Francis Albert

Rangers will drop down the league like a hookers drawers now. Logical move for the administrators is to get rid of the players whose contracts are up at the end of the season and thus have no sell on value, rather than bin the young players who will be on less of a wage anyways.

I would thus expect them to bin Healy, Kerkar, Papac, Alexander, Aluko & Bartley will be sent back to Arsenal. Add to that list Matt McKay who will either go back to Oz on loan or be released from his contract and you are left with the likes of Davis, McGregor, McCulloch and Clubfoot until the end of the season supplemented by young kids and Kyle Laughatme when he returns from injury.

Its clear that their hearts are no longer in this and they can no longer rely on the team spirit they had under Walter to take them through, as guys like McGregor, Whittaker, Davis et al will be looking at the exit door rather than taking a pay cut and will only be interested in staying injury free.

As soon as Celtic win the league their heads will go down even further and they have still to play them twice before the season is done and there is no chance that Celtic will take it easy against them, even if the league is won.

Chance is there to climb the table if we have the balls for it.

Which makes the Cousin thing all the more bizarre. Even if the SPLhad registered him he would logically have been on the list of "first out the door"

i'll believe there will be high earning / potentially valuable players having their contracts ripped up when i see them flying off into the sunset on a flying pig.

said it before, and i still expect it, i think there will be a number of high earners 'agreeing' to drastically reduced terms, and thereby kept on the payroll and retained as assets. when it's all done and dusted i then expect these same players to stay at ibrox next season on much better money. 'looked after' for their commitment, integrity, bravery and honesty... which will be milked for all it's worth by snakes like chick young desperate for a positive angle to push.

Thats because Sutton hardly got a game,i recon he would've done a job for us,yes he was slow but i thought he did ok but his work rate was a bit suspect at times.

Perfect example of a litotes!

He is desperate to get back with Hearts and said that he would happily agree a deal on lesser terms.

Hear Hearts have no real intent to keep KK. He might actually be fit to play around split time but don't expect to see him actually pull on a jersey.

Which makes the Cousin thing all the more bizarre. Even if the SPLhad registered him he would logically have been on the list of "first out the door"

Tin hat on here, didnt want to start a thread about this one and its probably 100% BS

Guy I go to games with is also our local publican, had to call him this morning about something and his first comment was " have you heard anymore about Cousin"

To which I replied no and asked what he was on about. He said it was all round the pub last night that he is now coming to Hearts, his pub has a lot of Blue noses. It was ironic cos we had a conversation during the game yesterday and I mentioned Cousin. My mate had watched most of the African nations cup and his assessment was Cousin was the worst player in the Gabon Team and the goal he scored was all he had done.

Anyway I told him I had been on JKB this morning and no mention of it that I could see, so must be BS

Drewjambobusby

Utter shite.

Agreed. Utter kack. Black is sorely missed every time he is not there. One of the few players, who can actually make a pass, and gives 100% ,most of the time. Very good player, who would walk into most SPL teams, if not all. Robinson is learning his trade, and we have to give him time. That is of course, if we don`t ruin him meanwhile.

Drewjambobusby

Hear Hearts have no real intent to keep KK. He might actually be fit to play around split time but don't expect to see him actually pull on a jersey.

That would be disgustingly insane. A fit or at least physically fit KK , if not match fit is what we are crying out for. Not to play him in that situation, would be the last straw for me and PS. :yucky:

That would be disgustingly insane. A fit or at least physically fit KK , if not match fit is what we are crying out for. Not to play him in that situation, would be the last straw for me and PS. :yucky:

Get him off the wage bill and bring in somebody who's fit,simples.

Drewjambobusby

Get him off the wage bill and bring in somebody who's fit,simples.

That wasn`t scenario offerred though. We are crying out for him. very simple. Or someone like him.

i'll believe there will be high earning / potentially valuable players having their contracts ripped up when i see them flying off into the sunset on a flying pig.

said it before, and i still expect it, i think there will be a number of high earners 'agreeing' to drastically reduced terms, and thereby kept on the payroll and retained as assets. when it's all done and dusted i then expect these same players to stay at ibrox next season on much better money. 'looked after' for their commitment, integrity, bravery and honesty... which will be milked for all it's worth by snakes like chick young desperate for a positive angle to push.

The key thing is, if they are out of contract at the end of the season what is the point in keeping them if they cant sell them on??

The Cousin thing is very bizarre for me, why sign a 35 year old who hasnt played football in the last 7 months and pay him the best part of ?7.5K per week, when you have no cup competition to compete in and have no chance of retaining the championship either?

The higher paid players with contracts like McGregor, Davis, Whittaker, Edu, Goian, Bocanegra, Naismith, Laughatme etc will be retained until the summer at the very least in order to see how the land lies in terms of:

1) are they out of administration yet?

2) is the result of the tax tribunal known yet and what is the impact?

3) is there a realistic and genuine offer on the table to take over the club?

It will be at this time that a decision will be taken in regards to whether these playetrs are sold to the highest bidder or retained in order to build a new side around them.

In the likes of Clubfoot and McCulloch, both will be on decent salaries and with both having at least 12 months of their respective deals remnaining come the summer time, they will be seen as costing too much to be freed early so will be allowed to stay for another year before leaving at the end of season 2012/2013 for pastures new.

Either way, it will be an interesting week to see who gets to stay and who gets let go this week, thats for sure.

The key thing is, if they are out of contract at the end of the season what is the point in keeping them if they cant sell them on??

The Cousin thing is very bizarre for me, why sign a 35 year old who hasnt played football in the last 7 months and pay him the best part of ?7.5K per week, when you have no cup competition to compete in and have no chance of retaining the championship either?

The higher paid players with contracts like McGregor, Davis, Whittaker, Edu, Goian, Bocanegra, Naismith, Laughatme etc will be retained until the summer at the very least in order to see how the land lies in terms of:

1) are they out of administration yet?

2) is the result of the tax tribunal known yet and what is the impact?

3) is there a realistic and genuine offer on the table to take over the club?

It will be at this time that a decision will be taken in regards to whether these playetrs are sold to the highest bidder or retained in order to build a new side around them.

In the likes of Clubfoot and McCulloch, both will be on decent salaries and with both having at least 12 months of their respective deals remnaining come the summer time, they will be seen as costing too much to be freed early so will be allowed to stay for another year before leaving at the end of season 2012/2013 for pastures new.

Either way, it will be an interesting week to see who gets to stay and who gets let go this week, thats for sure.

yep. i think the extent of any cost cutting is one of the best barometers to show just what exactly is going on.

if i was a creditor of rangers, worrying about how much money i was likely to see, and i saw rangers go in and out of administration with their administrators not making a proper effort to maximise a CVA dividend for the creditors, i wouldn't rest until every avenue was explored with a view to having it all investigated. maybe the administration/ insolvency laws are too easy to get around that they don't even have to worry about being investigated.

Tin hat on here, didnt want to start a thread about this one and its probably 100% BS

Guy I go to games with is also our local publican, had to call him this morning about something and his first comment was " have you heard anymore about Cousin"

To which I replied no and asked what he was on about. He said it was all round the pub last night that he is now coming to Hearts, his pub has a lot of Blue noses. It was ironic cos we had a conversation during the game yesterday and I mentioned Cousin. My mate had watched most of the African nations cup and his assessment was Cousin was the worst player in the Gabon Team and the goal he scored was all he had done.

Anyway I told him I had been on JKB this morning and no mention of it that I could see, so must be BS

Don't think for a second that this will happen, but it amuses me to think of the amount of seethe it would cause down Govan way!

Go on Vlad, just for a laugh! :D

Any manager who gets rid of Sutton but keeps Glen&Elliott- knows nothing about Scottish football.

Im guessing we were getting rid of whoever we had takers for, for the sake of the wage bill. Obviously no one was willing to pay Elliott or Glens wages. Not surprising. So sadly Sutton went. PS clearly doesnt rate him though but I imagine if people wanted Elliott, he wouldve gone too.

Re: Kyle. although he said he would play for lesser terms. From a business point of view, would you rather take Kyle with the available xK per week we have available to get a striker or sign a younger less proven striker for xK per week who is injury free. Even on reduced terms it is a huge risk for us to re-sign Kyle knowing he may never play more than a handful of games given our tight wage situation. The Roy of the Rovers in us wants to sign Kyle and he becomes a hero. Realistically we would be better using that money, even though reduced, on someone else.

jack D and coke

if vlad is interested again how about snatching up Paul Dixon and Neil Alexander in the summer for free

Alexander is wasted at Rangers. A very decent keeper and a jambo to boot.

McDonald just won't do. He's actually worse than Roddy McKenzie and that's saying something.

A half fit KK on crutches would revolutionise our team and lift our spirits!

I had a dream... and it was KK making a dramatic comeback to fire us to the SC!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Alexander is wasted at Rangers. A very decent keeper and a jambo to boot.

McDonald just won't do. He's actually worse than Roddy McKenzie and that's saying something.

Went to school with Neil and he was very much an armchair Man U fan. He used to go about drawing the wee devil thing around the place for some weird reason.

Never had a lot to say about Hearts at all really... Maybe this changed at some point when he left school?

Any manager who gets rid of Sutton but keeps Glen&Elliott- knows nothing about Scottish football.

Was Paulo not on record as saying he didn't want Sutton to go and decision was not his. Have also heard this from someone else at the club.

Can I guess that you heard this on JKB,which is just in front of football rumours as the worst source in football?!?rolleyes.gif

Actually heard it from an ex Hearts player on Saturday in Motherwell before the game.

kingantti1874

A half fit KK on crutches would revolutionise our team and lift our spirits!

I had a dream... and it was KK making a dramatic comeback to fire us to the SC!

Hearts should most definately keep Kevin Kyle. But it should be a very low basic and a pay per play... No one is going to give the big man a high value contract - too risky... Undortunate for him... We haven't been anything like the same team without hin

Jambof3tornado

Actually heard it from an ex Hearts player on Saturday in Motherwell before the game.

An ex player that gets his info from the itk clique on jkb?

Would like Beattie or someone of his quality up top for us!

tartofmidlothian

If KK can play even two minutes before the end of the season then stay uninjured until his contract's up, we'd be silly not to re-sign him. I'm sure he'd take a decent wage cut for the chance to keep playing at a high level.

I reckon Sutton's got a future with us, we're just easing the pressure on the wage bill until people like Glen and probably Elliott leave in the summer.

Anyone ITK have any further news on Craig Beattie? are we signing him this week?

word on the street is Tuesday

Direct from a hearts youth coach! if we sign him on tuesday it means we dont have to pay his wages for the week!

Yay, loopholes!

:sergioyay:

Gregory House M.D.

I'm hearing he has agreed terms & will be at Riccarton on Tuesday to put pen to paper.

:thumbsup:

Weird. Usually sign contracts at Tynecastle don't we? So the photo's can be taken at Tynecastle straight after? Also get the strip printed up?

Weird. Usually sign contracts at Tynecastle don't we? So the photo's can be taken at Tynecastle straight after? Also get the strip printed up?

But we are trying to prove we are not banned from Riccarton hence signing there makes a point :whistling:

Take that Hobos.

Gregory House M.D.

But we are trying to prove we are not banned from Riccarton hence signing there makes a point :whistling:

Take that Hobos.

:lol: you read that thread too? Woeful, desperate stuff wasn't it. :vrface:

Archived