Craig Beattie Signs!

quincy adams wagstaff

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ewan Murray:

Chat over weekend was Craig Beattie will sign for Hearts tomorrow. Much needed attacking impetus, if he's fit.

Good stuff.

I do not get overly stressed about who identifies players at Hearts, as long as it is left up to the manager to select them for the matchday squad then I do not think it is massively important and I doubt PS thinks so either. Pretty sure Sergio would want a striker added to his squad if he was available right now.

All true I suppose. :)

Together with this and earlier threads that's over 20 pages so far of speculation. This is exactly what I didn't miss about the blessedly quiet January transfer window.

Anf of course if we do sign him he will be allowed maybe three appearances before the "he's gash/shyte/pesh" threads start.

You optimist you!

Jambo, Goodbye

The idea of Craig Beattie scoring the winner against Celtic in the Cup Final pleases me.

I do realise however that I am well ahead of myself...

I know people on here keep saying Tuesday, but seriously where did 'Tuesday' come from??

God! God created Tuesday.

Beattie looks like the son of god.

That explains everything.

I know people on here keep saying Tuesday, but seriously where did 'Tuesday' come from??

At a guess, I would say that VR or Fedovotas will be arriving from Lithuania tomorrow - if indeed the rumour is true.

From the old English, "Tiwesd?g" named after the god Tiw or Tyr!

post-334-0-80776600-1329755239_thumb.jpg

Good stuff.

Until i see the said player at Tynecastle with Scarf held above head i will not comment anymore on the subject. :huh:

rudi must stay

Who's being negative? I'm only going by what the manager said:

"I don't know. It's not up to me to speak about that," said Sergio when asked about the possible new signing. "I don't sign anybody. If somebody is making a contract with the club, nobody tells me nothing yet, so I am not speaking about this yet."

the managers said a bit more here http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17087136 To me, in all honesty, it sounds done and dusted

Francis Albert

If we sign Beattie I look forward to seeing how he does. Those expecting one striker to have a transformational effect on our performances should maybe reflect on the fact that between them Torres, Kalou and Drogba could muster one shot on target against a lower league side at the weekend.

mulleted_jambo

If we sign Beattie I look forward to seeing how he does. Those expecting one striker to have a transformational effect on our performances should maybe reflect on the fact that between them Torres, Kalou and Drogba could muster one shot on target against a lower league side at the weekend.

I actually think he (potentially) could. Look at the difference last season with and without Kyle. I think if fit and on form he could improve the team significanly.

alwaysthereinspirit

I actually think he (potentially) could. Look at the difference last season with and without Kyle. I think if fit and on form he could improve the team significanly.

Unfortunately we have a history of bringing in unfit players. So "if fit" becomes a huge part of this signing. If it happens.

While one forward won't transform the team having someone who can hold the ball up and allow the midfield to push forward into space,link it wide or simply get in behind the centre backs and getting them turned will hopefully mean that opposition defenses are forced to concede space that we can use.

At the moment opposition defenses get an easy ride,push higher up and deny any space to the midfield and our play has become very stale

We're putting a lot of strain on Elliott to perform and Glen and Smith aren't really up to it (yet anyway). At least bringing in Beattie will give a bit more experience up there.

I think Eliott is unfairly seen as utter gash. He will never be a lone striker, he needs someone up front and in his time here I dont think it has happened often enough. He does graft for the team. Would love to see him with a good partner for a few games in a row. :thumbsup:

mulleted_jambo

Unfortunately we have a history of bringing in unfit players. So "if fit" becomes a huge part of this signing. If it happens.

It certaily does but heres hoping if we do sign him he can stay fit. A lot of if's and but's at the moment. He's a player that can hold up the ball and score goals which we've not had for a long time.

I think Eliott is unfairly seen as utter gash. He will never be a lone striker, he needs someone up front and in his time here I dont think it has happened often enough. He does graft for the team. Would love to see him with a good partner for a few games in a row. :thumbsup:

Would love to see him leave in the summer personally, useless

rudi must stay

he misses too many chances IMO. That's his downfall, but he's a good SPL striker who definatly causes defences problems.

I would just like to have a striker worthy of the name. One who scores goals. I don't care who he's played for before.

Francis Albert

I would just like to have a striker worthy of the name. One who scores goals. I don't care who he's played for before.

Beattie has scored about 30 goals in 160 club appearances, so averages less than 1 goal per 5 games ... not much different from Elliott's average this season, and poorer than Elliott's last season.

I'm with all the possible positives expressed here, but I just don't think we should get carried away. And mutiple multiple page threads suggests to me some might be.

Jambo, Goodbye

is he actually signing? if so whats the hold up :unsure: love to see it, would even take nade back :whistling:

Nade is in Thailand these days...thumbsup.gif

quincy adams wagstaff

is he actually signing? if so whats the hold up :unsure: love to see it, would even take nade back :whistling:

you just crossed the line,you've gone too far this time :angry:

why the giant pondering over a tuesday signing? it's a recognised day of the week. there's roughly a 1 in 7 chance of a signing falling on a tuesday.

if they were to make a signing and announce it on an eighth day of the week that they just invented, yeah that might be worth a raised eyebrow.

i reckon we'll see him tomorrow ( tuesday ) with the scarf above the heid... if he buys one.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

If he does sign no doubt sergio will still play one up front

Beattie is a lot more capable of playing the lone striker role than Elliott is. We may even see Elliott play wide on the right where he did so well for us last season?

What's the problem?

Beattie is a lot more capable of playing the lone striker role than Elliott is. We may even see Elliott play wide on the right where he did so well for us last season?

What's the problem?

Even Zaliukas would be better at playing the lone striker role than Elliott, FFS!

That is the ONE thing Elliott is NOT!

the managers said a bit more here http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17087136 To me, in all honesty, it sounds done and dusted

That fact that Sergio said "I don't sign anybody. If somebody is making a contract with the club, nobody tells me nothing yet, so I am not speaking about this yet." seems to say that there WILL be time to talk about Beattie...

... tomorrow? Let's hope so!!

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Even Zaliukas would be better at playing the lone striker role than Elliott, FFS!

That is the ONE thing Elliott is NOT!

Steady :lol:.

Elliott up front on his own would work if we played in a way which suits him. We don't so it might be best for Hearts and Elliott to see him in a wide position where he would do a hell of a lot of work for everyone else in the team.

Things may be bad, but not that bad....

A reliable source informs me that we will indeed sign a new striker tomorrow.

:thumbsup:

But when will someone finally tell poor Paulo. :(

:arry:

nade then.

Gosling frantically trying to join the ITK bandwagon

Yes, but will it be Beattie!?

Does anyone know what the express is saying though?

::troll:::'>

I'll confirm in the morning Craigieboy, best i can do :whistling:

Archived