Craig Beattie Signs!

quincy adams wagstaff

?265kfor Brian fecking Hamilton, yet 6 years later after the SMG money we couldn't afford ?100k for Ricardo Fuller.

:facepalm:

I thought it was 1 million we needed for Fuller?

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jambo, Goodbye

I think he signed for Preston North End after he left us for ?500,000 so I would of thought that's how much we would of had to stump up if we wanted him?

MacDonald Jardine

I think he signed for Preston North End after he left us for ?500,000 so I would of thought that's how much we would of had to stump up if we wanted him?

?1 million rings a bell with me too. I think we had first option and at the time folk were suggesting it was a good investment.

it was around 1million. we were literally days away from putting in the bid when the tv deal crashed/old firm pulled out of SPLTV/10 clubs resigned from the league. at which point the club quite rightly pulled the plug.

was told this at the time by someone very much involved in the deal

?1 million rings a bell with me too. I think we had first option and at the time folk were suggesting it was a good investment.

A poster called kenny had all the ins and outs on how the deal should be done, what a great investment it was going to be etc. Only issue he ever posted on B)

The club line on this was that they couldn't get insurance for Fuller I think. It might have paid off because he was a great talent, but the club was already spending outwith its means ... and as we saw there was very little accumulation from the speculation (other than the debt which meant the club tried to sell the ground).

Perth to Paisley

Did Robbo not score on his second debut?

If he didn't it doesn't matter it was just 'nice' to think about all the goals the wee guy scored. So far i have seen about 40 in my head.....

Did Robbo not score on his second debut?

If he didn't it doesn't matter it was just 'nice' to think about all the goals the wee guy scored. So far i have seen about 40 in my head.....

No, we beat Rangers 2-0 at Tynie with goals from Galloway and Ferguson IIRC.

Deja vu! Shades of Stephen Hughes. I once spent 100 years one fortnight in a wet and windy Devon surfing the net for news that we had signed him after Mark Mcghee said that we had gazumped the well. Fair ruined my summer!

Jack Torrance

The Beattie Twitter account mentioned here has just tweeted he hates when you're waiting on the phone to go and it doesn't...

In classic Hearts style, I can see us telling him we are not interested in signing him after all this faffing about.

Classic - buy only since VR days... - style! I reckon shame if we've bumped him somewhere along the line. A spy at training tomorrow would be helpful... #itk?!?

vlad on the tyne

:rofl:

I'll let you know by the end of the week! Pressure is on now though... :D

Arthur feeling Beattie wont get offered a deal. He will beale-ing if that's the case.

mulleted_jambo

Not very exciting but spoke to a hearts player tonight who said Beattie had looked good in training. Also he did a fitness test today He also said he had no idea if he was going to sign or not. No new info I know but thought you would be excited at this news :)

Jambof3tornado

It would hardly be a shock if this done deal failed to come to fruition!

But lets hope he bags a hat trick against the arabs!!

It would hardly be a shock if this done deal failed to come to fruition!

But lets hope he bags a hat trick against the arabs!!

Wonder how many done deals have gone mams-high come dawn in the VR era.* I guess the problem in us compiling a list is that we simply won't know most of them. For example I know for def that before the summer window shut Paulo asked for and was granted the signing of a Portugese CH, whose name I don't know. Thought it was done deal - was told by club it was, door SLAMMED shut, club hadn't acted. Happens a lot I think.

Stephen Hughes: we reduced agreed terms at last minute, he rightly told us to stuff them

Portugese CH: does it count if I don't know his name!?!?!?!?!?!

Zander: was VR who wanted him and VR who canned it (on advice of club doc - coincidentally a good friend of JJs!!), but still counts as was "done deal"

Hartley: Again, VR who pursued, not the manager, and never so much pulled plug, but dallied enough that PH had to take another offer

Mehmet: Agreed terms, too much time passed waiting for the paperwork and he got a better offer (so we got KK instead! Yay!)

Bound to be more I'm not remembering. Hope Beattie not added to list as I've always thought he was decent - or certainly used to think that. Type of signing we need to make and a market we need to look at - kind of Sam Allardyce, Harry Redknapp type signings. Lost their way a bit, but get the best out of them.

*By done deal I mean a deal the manager believes to be done but heel-kickery, goalpost movery or sheer bloody-mindedness from the club hierarchy (read VR) has scuppered intentionally or otherwise.

Seems to be a little bit of enthusiasm for Beattie on here.

What job do people think he can do that Elliott can't do?

Surely the sensible thing to do if there is a bit of cash available is to add a player who can do something that the existing players can't? eg a poacher who can actually score, a brute in the air, a player who can hold the ball up for others for example.

We_are_the_Hearts

Seems to be a little bit of enthusiasm for Beattie on here.

What job do people think he can do that Elliott can't do?

Surely the sensible thing to do if there is a bit of cash available is to add a player who can do something that the existing players can't? eg a poacher who can actually score, a brute in the air, a player who can hold the ball up for others for example.

How many of them are freeagents and want to play for Hearts?

I have faith in Gosling. He's been decent in the past with his ITK scoops.

Really hoping he signs because having Elliott up front on his own is making me dread going to Hearts games.

Saturday was so depressing. I think signing CB would give us and the players a wee lift.

If he does sign then I hope Sergio gets the best out of him, sadly he couldn't get the best out of Sutton... nor Elliott!

At long last. I hope he's fit and ready to start v Dundee United.

I'm looking forward to the game now. :)

He's not played a game since the end of last year so i reckon the bench is best we can hope for. Just a guess though.

Even if he hasnt played for a while - weve not got many options up top so why not

Only way to get fit is to play games so imo get him in and see what he can do

Not one I would usually be too excited about, but given our current lack of striking option he's surely got something to bring to the team. Welcome aboard!

I now look forward to finishing second in the league and him being top scorer. whistling.gif

Good to have him in board lets hope he puts a few in for us.

Archived