• Last Reply
stirlingshirejambo

Hadden gone

The Aussies desperately need someone to stay with Hussey

Smith is not the man

Imagine dropping a batsman to number 7 hardly showing any cnfidence in him

Smith is not the man

Imagine dropping a batsman to number 7 hardly showing any cnfidence in him

He doesn't look a player at all. Seen classier looking batsmen in club cricket :smiliz64:

stirlingshirejambo

He doesn't look a player at all. Seen classier looking batsmen in club cricket :smiliz64:

yes big wicket bonus before the new ball

all out for 200 will be very poor

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

when are they all out, 10? Got bored and put money on a batsman, Now i'm getting a headache trying to stay interested.

Harry Palmer

Missed last week and unlikely to see much of this one.

Looks like these guys are trying to get as many as possible. Nothing to lose.

Geoff Kilpatrick

On a side issue, it's taken me almost four years but I finally toured the G and the National Sports Museum today. A brilliant experience! :)

All set up quite nicely for today's play.

Collingwood needs a score and a recognised batsman has to stay around with Bell. This may well be very tight!

Geoff Kilpatrick

All set up quite nicely for today's play.

Collingwood needs a score and a recognised batsman has to stay around with Bell. This may well be very tight!

I fancy England to have a lead of between 100-150. Cook to make a ton and Bell to make 50+. Collingwood to get double figures starting with 1!

Morning Geoff. Happy New Year to you.

Hopefully Colly gets more, but I fear a slight collapse and England to be at best 50 in front. Hope I'm wrong though!

Some interesting analysis about the 2 no balls that have cost the Aussies dear.

To date England have bowled 7 to Australia's 19 (and there isn't even Brett Lee to blame!)

In the nets England have an informal umpire calling any no balls that are bowled, meanwhile in the Aussie corner

Following the decision to refer Michael Beer's "dismissal" of Cook that proved to be a no-ball and denied the spinner a maiden Test wicket, Johnson revealed that the front line of the popping crease is not of paramount concern during practice.

"We always try to get behind the line but whether it is because you feel enclosed in the nets of something I don't know, but I still bowl half a foot over in the nets," he said.

Just unlucky?

stirlingshirejambo

Some interesting analysis about the 2 no balls that have cost the Aussies dear.

To date England have bowled 7 to Australia's 19 (and there isn't even Brett Lee to blame!)

In the nets England have an informal umpire calling any no balls that are bowled, meanwhile in the Aussie corner

Following the decision to refer Michael Beer's "dismissal" of Cook that proved to be a no-ball and denied the spinner a maiden Test wicket, Johnson revealed that the front line of the popping crease is not of paramount concern during practice.

"We always try to get behind the line but whether it is because you feel enclosed in the nets of something I don't know, but I still bowl half a foot over in the nets," he said.

Just unlucky?

In general England seem to be very professional in their preparation while the Aussies seem a bit haphazard. Perhaps years of being he best they have taken their eye off the ball

This morning is a massive session.

stirlingshirejambo

I think this is the session that will decide if England win or retain the Ashes

Night watchman out now time for Colly to come to the fore

stirlingshirejambo

Well done Cooky

serves the cheating Aussie right

He knew it wasn't a catch

dam he's gone :smiliz57:

serves the cheaing Aussie right

He knew it wasn't a catch

dam he's gone :smiliz57:

No he hasnt

Its Collingwood

stirlingshirejambo

No he hasnt

Its Collingwood

obviously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in my head I knew who "he" was just didn't make it clear for everone else

stirlingshirejambo

Its all these late nights

stayed til 4 on first day then up at 6

same yesterday but tonight only manage to lunch despite the possibility of a terrific days cricket

either that or looking at a divorce and a discipline for falling asleep at work

stayed til 4 on first day then up at 6

same yesterday but tonight only manage to lunch despite the possibility of a terrific days cricket

either that or looking at a divorce and a discipline for falling asleep at work

..... this should do the trick

2590336202_eec8bbc16e.jpg

I'm liking my prediction for the day so far!

Might be an underestimate ...... I'm liking the way Cook and Bell are batting

208 ahead with 3 wickets left. The series is won! :pleasing:

Yep, tremendous batting by Cook and Bell and Prior. They've secured the Ashes surely!

Would require a Botham and Willis esque performance from someone in the Aussie team to stop England.

ToadKiller Dog

The best the Aussies can hope for is a draw in this test ,even thats unlikely

they will have to pray for rain and bat well into day 5 as England wont collapse 2nd innings .

Not taking anthing away from england who have been top quality but

Worst Australian side i can remember will be at least 10 years before they can sort it .

Bigger test of England quality this summer .

The averages show just how much better England have been in this series.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/international/theashes/8210107/Ashes-2010-Series-Averages.html

Stunning batting averages other than Collingwood. And very good bowling averages (apart from Swann this time). The Aussie numbers are terrible! :thumbsup:

Swann's average is not too bad when you think Cricket Australia wanted green wickets that he couldn' expoit ... trouble is they had to bat on them too :smiliz64:

Think England could be all out for about 575 and bowl the Aussies out for 300 or less.

Dont think you will be far of the mark there

Well done the 3 England centurions .... but they couldn't have done it without the help of the 4 Australian centurions :smiliz64:

smiliz19.gif

While Swann may not have taken as many wickets as he would have liked(due to the Aussies setting up the Pitches to nullify spin)the amount of overs he bowls allows Strauss to use the quicks more sparingly.This series has been spectacular,i am delighted that England will win it 3-1 as drawing the series would have felt like a loss.

Goldstone Wonder

Well done Mat Priorsmiliz19.gif

Yes well done Matty, a fellow Old Brightonian and Sussex man. I see most people on here put Haddin in their Ashes combined team. Haddin's one of the better players in that team but I would still have Prior. He is a genuine no.6 at test level and his keeping has improved immeasurably. The best wicketkeeper-batsman in the world since Gilchrist in my completely unbiased opinion.

Yes well done Matty, a fellow Old Brightonian and Sussex man. I see most people on here put Haddin in their Ashes combined team. Haddin's one of the better players in that team but I would still have Prior. He is a genuine no.6 at test level and his keeping has improved immeasurably. The best wicketkeeper-batsman in the world since Gilchrist in my completely unbiased opinion.

What about Dhoni, Sangakkara and Boucher? A lot of talented wicketkeepers playing at the moment. Shit, play stopped for rain. Sky plus for me now.

England old batting frailty's have come back to haunt them big time here.

Still think England will win the Ashesthumbsup.gif

Bumpsmiliz19.gif

Archived