RIP wee Sinky

speedbump

sorry i missed the send off today wee man car got stuck in mussleburgh, you may be gone but will never be forgotten you are one of a kind sinky pure hearts legend forever. r.i.p sinky

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i couldn't make it either cos of the bus situation. took all my persuasion to try and wrangle a life home even

glad it went well though, and the pic of the coffin set me off again, so sad about all this..

RIP sinky.. never forgotten

We Can But Worry

Sinky got a great send off. 150+ made it to pay their respects. Both buses from Tynecastle were full, a 70 seater and a 30 seater. The whole U19 squad were there along with Rudi himself. The music was great throughout finishing with the Sinky Medley including, Pussycat Dolls Dontcha, Kylie I should be so lucky, You'll never walk alone and ending with the European song, Frank Sinatra's version!

The wee man didnt have it easy, his dad passed away 1994, his mum the year after and his brother the year after that! But he always managed to take the positives from life.

RIP Sinky

God !!:( seeing those blue docs really brought it home to me again... a truly magnificent image those docs on the coffin make, please post up any more pics you have as i could'nt make it there & would like to keep them as a memento of friend/workmate/ hearts legend...

thanks again :thumbsup:..

farin, I picked up an extra copy of the "order of service" which has a few great pictures of the wee man. It was my intention to give it to you as I had spotted earlier that you couldn't make it in. I will give you it in the Mail Centre if I make it in this week.

Great turn out and the Humanist was really good even joking that since his name was "Tim" Sinky would be cursing him, that raised a few giggles. Also a great slideshow which displayed all the pictures taken since the wee man went into the Hospice plus a few others, this show lasted around 30 minutes which highlights how many pictures / visitors the wee man had.

RIP Sinky

Sinky got a great send off. 150+ made it to pay their respects. Both buses from Tynecastle were full, a 70 seater and a 30 seater. The whole U19 squad were there along with Rudi himself. The music was great throughout finishing with the Sinky Medley including, Pussycat Dolls Dontcha, Kylie I should be so lucky, You'll never walk alone and ending with the European song, Frank Sinatra's version!

The wee man didnt have it easy, his dad passed away 1994, his mum the year after and his brother the year after that! But he always managed to take the positives from life.

RIP Sinky

you know its strangely funny but.....

i managed to scrounge a lift home, but we took an hour and a half to get out of edinburgh park. workmate had her ipod plugged in and it was just on random and at 315 a cover version of the pussycat dolls came on (this was on random as well) and i had a wee smile and told the guys in the car about sinky, the funeral, some of the old famous tales..

he might be gone, but i bet you all anything you like,we'll always have a wee smile when we think of him

RIP Sinky

Get this guy inducted in to the Hall of Fame. He sums up everything good about the club and is a fantastic ambassador. He may have lost a yard or 2, but there's a genuine buzz about the place when he's about.

Fitting gesture from him, was evident that he spent alot of time with the wee man towards the end.

RIP Sinky

The Old Tolbooth

Cheers to Callum and the rest of the boys - you sure did the wee man proud today - here is one picture that I took and would like to share for everybody that didn't make it today.

GoodbyeSinky.jpg

Got a lump in my throat there and shivers down my spine, Sinky would have been very very proud of that, absolutely magnificent!

Great service and show of respect/love for the wee man.

Let's get a sinky banner and hang it from back off section D for the rest off our days?

Let's get a sinky banner and hang it from back off section D for the rest off our days?

Cheers to Callum and the rest of the boys - you sure did the wee man proud today - here is one picture that I took and would like to share for everybody that didn't make it today.

GoodbyeSinky.jpg

Lump in the throat time. That is absolutely magnificent! Sounds like the wee man got a wonderful send off. Well done to all involved.

Superb.

RIP Sinky.

Lynn

Just home... had to walk several miles and fell so many times before we got a taxi to get there, would do it all again for you pal.

So proud of Callum, Ian et al...... you guys are truly special.

Love you wee man

gg xx

Brilliant turnout, especially in the circumstances. Well done to the club as well for getting so many players down.

Sounds like a cracking send off for Sinky, respect to everyone who organised everything.

RIP wee man.

this is a great idea and a must tribute to the wee (big) man, it should go everywhere the JT`s go just as Sinky did. his memory will live forever. R.I.P. Sinky the Hunter clan xx

Im sure someone on here knows about getting banners made. Then people could donate if they so wished...

Felix Lighter

I didn't know the wee guy personally,but knew who he was and seen him stoatin' around Gorgie often enough down the years.Always seemed to have a smile on his face.

Respect to a massive Jambo.

RIP Sinky.

Didnt know the wee man as well as some but spoke to him many times at home and away games. He always brought a smile to your face whenever you spoke to him or seen him around.

Was a great turnout and an excellent service, could've sat and listened to the stories of Sinky all day. There was a few laughs to be had as well an the more obvious sad and reflective thoughts and feelings of the wee man.

I can only echo of what's been said of Callum, Ian et al who were there and helped Sinky through his final months, too those who visited Sinky and who constantly done what they could, when they could.

I am absolutely humbled and so proud that I support the same football team as these people, they've been an absolute credit to themselves, Sinky, Hearts, everything.

Cannot speak highly enough of every last one of you.

Now his life is over

and death has left it's mark

They'll scatter Sinkys ashes

On the slopes of Tynecastle Park

RIP Sinky

x

A huge Thank You to all who braved the unbelievable blizzard conditions to attend yesterday's service,i personally thought it was a good turn out and a pretty good service.The balance between humour & dignity was just right,and the balance between celebrating sinky's life and mourning his passing was also spot on.I'll never forget the spontaneous laughter when the kissogram pic came up,followed by louder bursts as Sinky had a grope :santa1:

I know a lot of people tried very hard to be there but were defeated by the conditions...Sinky would be delighted that you were there in spirit and were thinking of him,i have spare orders of sevice,if you would like one,PM me your address and i'll happily post them out.

We had a retiral collection for The Marie Curie with ?550 raised to go to the wonderful staff who cared for Sinky.Many Thanks to all :thumbsup:

A huge Thank You to all who braved the unbelievable blizzard conditions to attend yesterday's service,i personally thought it was a good turn out and a pretty good service.The balance between humour & dignity was just right,and the balance between celebrating sinky's life and mourning his passing was also spot on.I'll never forget the spontaneous laughter when the kissogram pic came up,followed by louder bursts as Sinky had a grope :santa1:

I know a lot of people tried very hard to be there but were defeated by the conditions...Sinky would be delighted that you were there in spirit and were thinking of him,i have spare orders of sevice,if you would like one,PM me your address and i'll happily post them out.

We had a retiral collection for The Marie Curie with ?550 raised to go to the wonderful staff who cared for Sinky.Many Thanks to all :thumbsup:

I told you, we should have left out that picture :rolleyes:

great tribute to the wee postie man,great turnout,if it had been a nice day there proabably would have been a few people locked out,nice wee sing song back in robbos,the weeman would have wondered what all the fuss was about,until we meet again my little friend xx

great tribute to the wee postie man,great turnout,if it had been a nice day there proabably would have been a few people locked out,nice wee sing song back in robbos,the weeman would have wondered what all the fuss was about,until we meet again my little friend xx

IT WAS A PLEASURE TO HAVE MET U AT A FEW EURO AWAY TIES WEEMAN,NEVER FORGOTTEN,FAE ALL THE GUYS FAE DRYLAW HEARTS,R.I.P.

I'll give to any on going collections you may be having when Im back across mate,and well done to you and the other guys for giving the wee chap an extra special send off :thumbsup:

Just sent you PM Cheers :smiliz64:

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Good to see sinky got the service he deserves, well done to everyone who organised, the flag coffin and docs look brilliant. R.I.P sinky pal.

Great to see the wee man got a great send off.

I'm now back in edinbirgh as my mum has been given terrible news about this ***** of a disease.

Hats off to all that helped keep sinkys chin up through all of this.

• 6 years later...

Just read this whole thread again, just like I did when it all occurred. Can't believe it was almost 7 years ago already. As mentioned on other threads, I never knew Sinky personally but I was gutted at the outcome as much as the next person.

Even the post where his passing was announced still sunk my heart as much now as it did back then.

This thread is beautiful though, even with its sad ending. The Sinky For Hearts website is still up too and is a great read with plenty photos.

Never forget what everyone done for wee Sinky. And I hope everyone else on this thread who was affected by the illness is all good too. FTH.

Never knew him personally. I read his story in his final few months. Remember him getting wheeled into the Gorgie Road end for his final game. Brought a wee tear to the eye.

Never knew him personally. I read his story in his final few months. Remember him getting wheeled into the Gorgie Road end for his final game. Brought a wee tear to the eye.

Still does mate. Welling up a few times even reading all this again.

I saw his plaque in the memorial garden recently.never knew him but heard he was quite the character.reminds me of my old pal "china"

fraz the postie

A lovely wee man ,full off character.

We need more sinky's and less sinking.

A well bumped thread.

Christ, this is so sad.

First time I've read this thread right through and there's a wee lump in my throats as I type this.

A proper wee Hearts man he was.

The Future's Maroon

Loved the wee man, he was hard work being around but a heart of gold and told me many many a good story.

Can't believe it's seven years.

He would have cried at seeing Tynecastle finished, such a shame he didn't get to see it but sure he is watching from above....and going nuts!

My goodness - didn't know him, but reading this thread really brought a tear to the eye

millerjames398

I never knew sinky but like others he stood out at the away games when I was a regular in the 90s,always trying to get the singing going solo...if there were no takers he'd let out a cry of miserable *******s [emoji1] a real character....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Farewell Sinky ...  5-1 bud.

Don't think you knew him Glasto by the wording of your post.

The guy died 7 years ago.

What do you recall best about the wee guy?

Big Slim Stylee

Don't think you knew him Glasto by the wording of your post.

The guy died 7 years ago.

What do you recall best about the wee guy?

:)

:)

He won't/can't answer Slim, because he can't.

Making a fool of himself and making out he knew the wee guy is so wrong.

What Pena opened to the OP Speedbump. He was a regular on kickback

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I spoke at his funeral what a turn out for him

It was an honor to be asked and very emotional

as it was a month after my own mother died.

Still can't believe the laughter at all the photos

being displayed at the service especially the

Strippagram .

I had all his pictures on a notice board at work

for months after he died ,

I could write loads of funny stories about

his time at work he kept all the reps busy.

we

R I P. Wee man

Big Slim Stylee

Calling someone out like that on a universally positive thread is "so wrong."

Spoke to Sinky many times in Robbo's after the games, what a character.  PHM.

Fake grief.

If I may , I'd like to update everyone in Wee Sinky's fund ( Sinky FOR Hearts) FOR being Friends Of Riccarton .

We have supplied Mini buses (2) for use in taking the lads to games / training .

When Darren Murray then Robbie Neilson were there , we had a monthly award called Sinky's Boots where the chosen player of the month was awarded a prize . Sinky has annually paid for the under 20,s karting day out that encourages team bonding, usually followed by a trip to Nando's .

The first team have also had a simuliar day out courtesy of Sinky.

We try to sponsor a match each season in his memory or even the match ball .

Jon Daly has also taken the U20s and their coaches for a days karting / Nando's .

I'm sure wee Sinky will be chuffed to know that a helluva lot of our current and ex players hold him in high regard.

Angus Beith won a wee Sinky competition to attend the FA cup final with great seats at Wembley ( courtesy of Steven Presley) first class train and top class hotel .

It's fair to say the wee man won't be forgotten .

The Future's Maroon

If I may , I'd like to update everyone in Wee Sinky's fund ( Sinky FOR Hearts) FOR being Friends Of Riccarton .

We have supplied Mini buses (2) for use in taking the lads to games / training .

When Darren Murray then Robbie Neilson were there , we had a monthly award called Sinky's Boots where the chosen player of the month was awarded a prize . Sinky has annually paid for the under 20,s karting day out that encourages team bonding, usually followed by a trip to Nando's .

Jon Daly has also taken the U20s and their coaches for a days karting / Nando's .

I'm sure wee Sinky will be chuffed to know that a helluva lot of our current and ex players hold him in high regard.

Angus Beith won a wee Sinky competition to attend the FA cup final with great seats at Wembley ( courtesy of Steven Presley) first class train and top class hotel .

Brilliant, thanks for the update.

millerjames398

Great to hear ,that in a way he's still supporting the club...brilliant stuff[emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Archived