The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Morbid curiosity. Morbid, morbid curiosity.

There's also a scene where Diana wins her man's heart back by breaking into his studio flat and doing his dishes. I'm not even joking. If you have a cineworld card and want to see a bafflingly bad film with that made for TV vibe, look no further.

At least your honest! To be fair, if it was on the telly I would probably watch it.....

Patrick Bateman

At least your honest! To be fair, if it was on the telly I would probably watch it.....

I had read the reviews, so went in with the expectation of it being bad. It was so much worse than that. There's a scene where they're clearly at it in the backseat of a car, whilst out in the countryside. Dogging, anyone? I challenge folk to see this movie, *just* to see how bad it was. Inexplicably, it was on in screen 7 at Fountainbridge Cineworld. There was a grand total of seven people in the audience, including myself. There was a pair of wee wives who I overheard saying how emotionally powerful it was, I struggled to contain myself.

Shanks said no

Vinyl

9/10

Loved it. Low budget Brit flick based around a scam pulled off by the Alarm where they are ignored by record labels because they are over 30. So instead of quietly retiring they recruit a group of youngsters to mime to their song. Great anarchic cast including Phil Daniels, Keith Allen and the fat bloke out of This is England. Elements of the Great Rock n Roll Swindle and Quadrophenia. Fun film that father and son enjoyed equally.

rudi must stay

The Hunger Games

A decent movie, its got some clever ideas and very well put together scenes. The ending sets it up nicely for the next film too

7/10

Chad Sexington

Vinyl

9/10

Loved it. Low budget Brit flick based around a scam pulled off by the Alarm where they are ignored by record labels because they are over 30. So instead of quietly retiring they recruit a group of youngsters to mime to their song. Great anarchic cast including Phil Daniels, Keith Allen and the fat bloke out of This is England. Elements of the Great Rock n Roll Swindle and Quadrophenia. Fun film that father and son enjoyed equally.

That sounds pretty good. I'll need to check it out. :)

...a bit disco

Frankenstein's Army (2013)

Insane effort in the 'found footage' genre.

I couldn't even begin to describe it!

From imdb.com...

'Toward the end of World War II, Russian soldiers pushing into eastern Germany stumble across a secret Nazi lab, one that has unearthed and begun experimenting with the journal of one Dr. Victor Frankenstein. The scientists have used the legendary Frankenstein's work to assemble an army of super-soldiers stitched together from the body parts of their fallen comrades -- a desperate Hitler's last ghastly ploy to escape defeat.'

Utter madness!

:lol:

7/10

Guest C00l K1d

Just back from Filth

Macavoy was excellent.

Despite there being an (unintentional?) 5-1 at the beginning, the whole football thing was completely irrelevant apart from having a dig.

I'm no being all soppy or that, i just don't see welsh's fascination with sticking hearts and hibs in everything. I facepalmed at the end when

Macavoy hangs himself with the hearts scarf :facepalm:

All in all though a decent enough film, and some really nice shots of Edinburgh.

8/10.

Also was the likeness of that Gus character to John Mcglynn intentional? :laugh:

Guest GhostHunter

Frankenstein's Army (2013)

Insane effort in the 'found footage' genre.

I couldn't even begin to describe it!

From imdb.com...

'Toward the end of World War II, Russian soldiers pushing into eastern Germany stumble across a secret Nazi lab, one that has unearthed and begun experimenting with the journal of one Dr. Victor Frankenstein. The scientists have used the legendary Frankenstein's work to assemble an army of super-soldiers stitched together from the body parts of their fallen comrades -- a desperate Hitler's last ghastly ploy to escape defeat.'

Utter madness!

:lol:

7/10

I actually thought it was junk - the writer/director desperately trying to cash in on Silent Hill and the Nazi Zombie craze.

And failing....

I gave it 4/10

...a bit disco

I actually thought it was junk - the writer/director desperately trying to cash in on Silent Hill and the Nazi Zombie craze.

And failing....

I gave it 4/10

The 7/10 was because it was so over the top ridiculous!

Gregory House M.D.

Just back from Filth

Macavoy was excellent.

Despite there being an (unintentional?) 5-1 at the beginning, the whole football thing was completely irrelevant apart from having a dig.

I'm no being all soppy or that, i just don't see welsh's fascination with sticking hearts and hibs in everything. I facepalmed at the end when

Macavoy hangs himself with the hearts scarf :facepalm:

All in all though a decent enough film, and some really nice shots of Edinburgh.

8/10.

Also was the likeness of that Gus character to John Mcglynn intentional? :laugh:

Never read an Irvine Welsh book in my life but as soon as I heard a description of the character my first thought was "He'll be a jambo".

That's how Hibs fans work. Anything seen as establishment is automatically Hearts in their mind.

Man on Fire - 7/10

Slow to get going. Once Denzel had to knock it up another notch shit got real.

Blade Runner - 4/10

Ridley Scott, Harrison Ford and much acclaim. Absolute shite. Total let down IMO.

Edited by The Comedian

This Is The End 6.5/10

Alright over the top pretentious ego trip.

The Family 7/10

Good but not quite up to Besson and De Nero standard

Man of Tai Chi 6.5/10

Keanu Reeves stars and directs in this. Plenty of fight scenes and Keanu plays the bad guy.

The Internship ... 5.5/10

A few laughs, otherwise pretty naff really.

There is however a scene, where the young interns are standing against the brick wall of the pizza place while vaughn and the other boy (the one who's nose looks a bit like a tadger) are inside trying to sell websites. Tira Sorcerer

tiya_sircar_1.jpg

I was thinking of the lyrics from Around the Way Girl by LL Cool J :

'Standing at the bus stop, sucking on a lollypop'.

Would that be wrong ?

Requiem For a Dream. 8/10

Those final 20 minutes. 'kin'ell. :sob:

Great film but not easy going.

Side Effects - classy psychological drama with a corporate angle. I hope Soderbergh's retirement is some kind of joke. 8/10

The Place Beyond The Pines - good but disjointed drama. Lost its way a bit after the first third. 7/10

...a bit disco

The Lone Ranger

It is what it is and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

7.5/10

Machete Kills 4/10

I suppose it was an intentionally OTT action comedy but it was really quite shite.

Some big names, Mel Gibson, Charlie Sheen, Antonia Banderas and Lady Gaga done nothing to improve it.

Might appeal to some stoned teenagers.

Sexton Hardcastle

Requiem For a Dream. 8/10

Those final 20 minutes. 'kin'ell. :sob:

Just gave this a run.

7/10. Pretty hard going towards the end. And 'that' scene with the dildo. Christ!

rudi must stay

Braveheart

I haven't seen it in a while, I think it's a very good effort but if you made it today you could better it

7/10

Braveheart

I haven't seen it in a while, I think it's a very good effort but if you made it today you could better it

7/10

If they made it today it would end up CGI nonsense.All the fight scenes done on green screen and shit like that.

rudi must stay

If they made it today it would end up CGI nonsense.All the fight scenes done on green screen and shit like that.

the battle of Stirling Bridge would atleast have, a bridge

Edited by rudi must stay

Killing Them Softly ... 6/10

Strange film. Some pretty graphic dialogue and violence. Pitt is the name on this film but Gandolfini steals the thunder with his too brief appearance as an alcoholic hit man full of self-pity who has lost his bottle.

A fair few eminently watchable scenes but it just didn't come across as an entirely convincing complete package.

Edited by ArcticJambo

Killing Them Softly ... 6/10

Strange film. Some pretty graphic dialogue and violence. Pitt is the name on this film but Gandolfini steals the thunder with his too brief appearance as an alcoholic hit man full of self-pity who has lost his bottle.

A fair few eminently watchable scenes but it just didn't come across as an entirely convincing complete package.

I thought the Gandolfini part was awful,added nothing to the film.

I agree with you tha tit added nothing, as did quite a lot of other stuff that may or may not have been necessary. As an interesting character in the tapestry of life however ...

Each to their own I guess. As said (or at least implied I hope), I though the film as a whole was disjointed.

rudi must stay

Runner Runner

This film was a nice suprise, I didn't expect much but it's an excellent and very well put together movie

8/10

Edited by rudi must stay

Chad Sexington

Agree with that. It felt tacked on and superfluous. I'm a big fan of Gandolfini but his character in this movie did nothing for me.

I thought the movie as a whole was awful, tbh. I gave up on it after about an hour.

Katyn 8.5/10

A Polish film about the massacre of 20,000 Polish officers at the hands of the Russians in 1940. Told from the perspective of the victims families as the Germans discovered the mass graves only for the Soviets to cover up their crimes and later claim it was Germans who committed the atrocities in 1941.

Army of Darkness 8/10

So cheesy and stupid at times but so good.

Edited by Grado

Blade Runner - 4/10

Ridley Scott, Harrison Ford and much acclaim. Absolute shite. Total let down IMO.

Absolute shite? :cornette:

Each to their own of course but even the soundtrack and visuals alone surely elevate (what I consider a masterpiece) it out of the "absolute shite" category?

The Lone Ranger- surprisingly enjoyable considering it took a bit of a panning and was very badly marketed. The stunts are nice and real for a change and it has a coherent plot (which was a worry given the stupidity of Gore Verbinski's 2nd & 3rd Pirates movies) with a load of money up on the screen. One of the better blockbusters this year. 8/10

maroonlegions

Love movies like this...

Mortal Instruments: City of Bones:

Set in contemporary New York City, a seemingly ordinary teenager, Clary Fray (Lily Collins), discovers she is the descendant of a line of Shadowhunters, a secret cadre of young half-angel warriors locked in an ancient battle to protect our world from demons. After the disappearance of her mother (Lena Headey), Clary must join forces with a group of Shadowhunters, who introduce her to a dangerous alternate New York called Downworld, filled with demons, warlocks, vampires, werewolves and other deadly creatures. Based on the worldwide best-selling book series.

8/10.