The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Thor 2: 6/10

Quite funny in bits, some good lines, a bit of Natalie (never a bad thing). Fairly predictable but watchable throughout & apart from a slowish start it was quite well paced.

Hackers

Johnny Lee Miiler and Angilena Jolie.

Not seen it in ages and its of its time but a cracking soundtrack, music tech was Edinburgh's own? Bob Last

5.5/10 for the film

9/10 for the soundtrack

Binged on films this weekend a bit

A Viking Saga: The Darkest Day - 2/10

Mind numbingly boring and a complete waste of time

Henry : Portrait of a Serial Killer - 6/10

Fairly enjoyable, nowhere near the video nasty I had heard it was. Worth a watch.

Heather - 8/10

Re-watched this, enjoyable dialogue and a decent storyline. Aside from Slaters 'homage' to Jack Nicholson, its really good.

Insidious - 7/10

Bit of a strange horror. Not overly scary and the ending is ridiculous but a few creepy bits and a bit different from the norm.

The Kings of Summer - 6/10

Decent enough watch, coming of age film that's a bit sentimental but I had a hangover so it was an easy watch

Missus was away this weekend so binged a bit.

Pacific Rim - 7/10

Usually I'd expect more from a Guillermo del Toro film, but it wasn't bad. Decent entertainment.

Grown Ups 2 - 4/10

Watchable, but only just. The first one was shite but I liked it anyway, this one is definitely inferior.

We're the Millers - 8/10

Very enjoyable. I don't care who you are, if you're a bloke you're into Jennifer Aniston and she's great in this.

The Way Way Back - 9/10

Really good. Didn't expect much, but was pleasantly surprised. Sam Rockwell is brilliant in this, as he is in..............everything.

Edited by Rab

Shanks said no

Stand up guys

6/10

Pacino and Walken play a couple of old villians, as you would expect, the acting is seamless as they stroll through this comedy.

Gangster Squad ... saw it on Sunday night ... don't even remember what it was about ... fairly slick mind. Pretty much another take on the good old American hero, needed in times of despair. 6/10

Cloud Atlas ... Not sure I understood it in all honesty but again, it looked great. Life after and all that ... fine by me. 7/10

Edited by ArcticJambo

The Wolverine 6/10

Another average at best Marvel movie.As usual the best bit is the bit that sets up another movie at the end.

Edited by vegas-voss

Shanks said no

Sharknado

0/10

In the last 5 years I have reviewed and rated 1,709 films (not here obviously) and I cannot think of a worse film I have watched. It was jaw(s) droppingly bad. Words really can't explain how bad this was. We have sharks, lets mix them up in a tornado and throw them down on the flooded streets of California.

Sharknado

0/10

In the last 5 years I have reviewed and rated 1,709 films (not here obviously) and I cannot think of a worse film I have watched. It was jaw(s) droppingly bad. Words really can't explain how bad this was. We have sharks, lets mix them up in a tornado and throw them down on the flooded streets of California.

I knew when I saw this on rottentomatoes that the critics must be trolling us. Just reading the synopsis had me pulling cornette faces. 80% indeed!

Shanks said no

After Earth

5/10

Will Smith & Son star in a Sci-Fi Movie involving a bit of space travel, a quarantined earth and a lot of father/son relationship stuff. Felt like a dad was giving his son a vehicle to show his talents in an action movie while he sat(lay) back and directed him. Poor stuff.

Mud - excellent. One of the best films Ive seen this year. 9/10

The World's End - awful. One of the worst films I've seen this year and I switched it off after half an hour. To make such an unfunny pile of crap with such a good cast is criminal. 1/10

Blue Jasmine - pretty good. A great cast and Cate Blanchett was excellent. 7/10

Shanks said no

Monsters University

6/10

Great animation and probably a wonderful kids movie but no my thing. Having said that I sort of watched the whole thing which is a first for a cartoon in many a year.

rudi must stay

Pirates of The Caribbean: At Worlds End

Just liked the second it dragged on, and turned into a sketch show instead of a serious movie. But it is a bit more creative than the 2nd, some scenes look absolutely stunning

7/10

Chad Sexington

Wild Bill 9/10.

Absolutely loved this film. Brilliantly directed and co written by Dexter Fletcher who I always thought was a dick before :lol:

Great performances throughout and a lovely wee story about a Dad and his two boys.

rudi must stay

Gravity

Believe the hype. In IMAX this movie is, at times, jaw dropping. I think this film will be remembered a long long time

Edited by rudi must stay

The Act of Killing 8.5/10

Incredible documentary about a gang who were responsible for the murder of thousands of "communists" in Indonesia in the 60s, with the story being told through the killers' own, increasingly deranged re-enactments. Sat open-jawed through most of the 2 1/2 hours.

Edited by Ray Gin

12 Years A Slave

9/10

Best film I've seen all year. Powerful stuff - gripping story and a phenomenal performance from Chiwetel Ejiofor. Highly recommended.

Machete Kills 7/10

Loved the first one and this more complete madness but not quite as good.The trailer at the end of this one(if it gets made)looks even madder.

Rudolf's Mate

Gravity 8/10 - was expecting something huge in terms of the 3D however despite glimpses and, admittedly some jaw dropping moments. I have to say that, IMO it wasn't as good visually as Avatar.

Having read others I'm seriously questioning whether it was the cinema.

Great film though.

Shanks said no

The Starving Games

4/10

Hunger Games gets spoofed. It wasn't as bad as I suspected but not side splittingly funny either.

Wild Bill ... after it was mentioned here ... 7/10 A good wee story that seemed believable. Loved the scene near the end where they're all sitting round the kitchen table eating Chinese, finally a happy carefree family moment, all the while dad knows (and us) that there's a storm on the horizon. Almost a a wee tear shedding moment.

The Place Beyond the Pines - A decent storyline but could of been about an hour shorter than it was. 6/10

Extraction - Good low(ish) budget Sci-Fi movie about a guy who develops a machine to let him inside the mind of criminal. Has one of those wow moments which is worth watching the whole movie for. 8/10

Olympus Has Fallen - Not a massive fan of these Hollywood blockbusters with stuff blowing up every 2 minutes but this was actually better than expected. 7/10

Gravity: 7/10. Saw it at the IMAX and it had the most unbelievably good special effects I have ever seen in a film. Absolutely incredible. The story was nonsense and had pretty much no basis in reality but the special effects more than made up for it. Sandra Bullock looks pretty good despite the fact that she's pushing 50 as well.

Shanks said no

Bullhead

8/10

Where to start? Belgium film with subtitles that was nominated for an Oscar in best foreign film category. Story is around a steroid injecting young farmer. Matthias Schoenaerts gives a great performance but I have to disagree with reviewers who compared it to De Niro in Raging Bull, great but not that great. You have to concentrate and its a long one but I think its worth it in the end.

Rudolf's Mate

Man of Steel - 8/10 I always watch these but rarely enjoy them however I was surprised by this one. The effects were top notch and I'd have loved to have seen it on the big screen.

Shanks said no

Bullet to the Head

2/10

Note to self - stop renting films starring Sly Stallone. Found this a yawn fest where we had seen it all before, not for me.

Red State. 8.5/10 would have been a lot better if Kevin Smith had made the ending he originally wanted but could not afford.

Edited by Grado