The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Victor Mancini

2 guns - 5/10

predictable action movie with Denzil Washington and Mark Wahlberg

Saving Private Perez 7/10

a Mexican comedy about a notorious drug cartel leader who gathers Mexicos 4 deadliest men to rescue his brother from Islamic extremists in Iraq

One Chance 6/10 Paul Potts story OK

Gravity 8/10 Very good, not a huge fan of 3D films but this worked a treat. The special effects are the best I've seen yet. This is the type of film that's made for the cinema. It could lose a hell of a lot on a small screen.

Shanks said no

World War Z

7/10

Better than I expected, the big zombie scenes were immense, loved the Israeli bit and the zombies of old Glasgow town were pretty good (could they not have had one wearing a sevco top though?) Its just that since Shane of the Dead and Cockneys vs Zombies, I can't take them too seriously.

rudi must stay

Tower Block

A low budget British film made in 2012. It's quite well acted and atleast keeps your interest. But it did reminded alot of Attack The Block, and was nowhere near that in terms of originality. I'd recommend watching that, and not Tower Block

6/10

Shanks said no

Bernie

7/10

I had been really looking forward to this one, Jack Black was back they said. Ok it was a dark comedy that had a few surprises and he played the part really well, as did Shirley MacLaine who was nasty without having to overdo it. I just felt something was missing (maybe because I was sober). However I gave it an extra couple of points for one reason - "this is my story, this is my song" I didn't know it was in the film, obviously the hymn version, and it made a change from hearing the bleeding Proclaimers.

Shanks said no

Happy Endings

2/10

Ed Harris and Will Ferrell star in an extremely poor and slow movie about a daughter returning to her estranged fathers house where he lives in the garage (Harris) while another man (Ferrell) lives in the house. I don't really know what the point of this film was, dreadful.

Shanks said no

Run for your wife

1/10

Danny (Bridge of Doom) Dyer in a star studded cast who bring West End farce to the big screen. Almost so bad it was good. Christopher Biggins and his dress making partner Lionel Blair about sum it up. Would I recommend? In a weird way yes, just to see how bad it is.

Edited by godandgorgie2012

Shanks said no

Oblivion

7/10

Ok it was clichied and I spent the first part identifying all the films it stole from, Planet of the Apes, Star Wars, Tron, Alien etc etc. However I thought it was an interesting film

Rudolf's Mate

White House Down - 8/10 and I have to say I was shocked by how much I enjoyed it. I was put off it by Olympus Has Fallen as it seemed almost identical however it was far better!

rudi must stay

Closed Circuit

A real disappointment given the cast. Eric Bana must have been paid a trolley load, that's the only way I can explain a very good actors involvement

5/10

Donnie Brasco - I thought I'd seen this before but got it mixed up with something else! Great story but the film totally lacked any tension and it really seems more like a TV movie when compared to Goidfellas and the sopranos. 6/10

Compliance - interesting but uncomfortable drama on the trusting of authority. 7/10

Weird science 6/10 not as good as I remember

Pretty in Pink 7/10

The breakfast club 8.5/10 john bender is a legend.

Monkey magic 8.5/10 remake of my favourite tv show enjoyed it even if the boy who played monkey was overacting to the point you wanted to slap him. The original monkey was not as annoying

Shanks said no

Now you see me

6/10

Not as bad as I expected but a bit far fetched and daft. If you are into magic & Las Vegas style shows you may like it more. Son thought it was a film for kids

The Hunt 8/10

Mads Mikkelsen puts in an excellent performance as a nursery teacher whose life is left in ruins after he is falsely accused of abusing children.

Shanks said no

The odd life of Timothy Green

3/10

Thought it was a Scottish football film but turned out to be a Disney movie where you were expected to leave your brain switched off throughout. Basically a childless couple discover a boy in their spare room who happens to have leaves growing out of his legs. They keep him and the tale goes on from there. Don't think I was the target audience.

Gravity 8/10 Very good, not a huge fan of 3D films but this worked a treat. The special effects are the best I've seen yet. This is the type of film that's made for the cinema. It could lose a hell of a lot on a small screen.

Saw this movie tonight. Have to agree. Great FX, and for me, it had a great pov shot of the Soyuz capsule drifting towards Baffin Island, with Bylot Island at it's head, and the green Aurora shimmering to the east. Couple of mildly squirming bits but otherwise .... Yes, 8/10

Shanks said no

The Big Wedding

3/10

Seen it all before, felt like a mismash of meet the fockers and father of the bride. De Niro, Saradon and Keaton wasting their talent. Wife enjoyed it though.

Shanks said no

Terri

8/10

A very weird movie, just how I like them. A very overweight 15 yo boy goes to school in his pygamas every day, because they are comfy. If I say more it will spoil the plot, there are a lot of WTF moments in this film and it doesnt always make easy viewing but it reminded me of Fargo (one of my all time favourites) in that you really didn't know where this was going to end up. Irritating end though.

rudi must stay

The Boxer

Anything that has Daniel Day Lewis in it is worth watching, due to his acting ability. It's maybe not the best film he's ever been in but it's watchable, always good to see Ken Stott in a film due to his football connections and I thought he was excellent

7/10

Shanks said no

Chasing Mavericks

7/10

Wasn't expecting much as I am not into surfing or Gerard Butler but this was actually quite a good interesting film. GB wasn't even as irritating as normal. The last 20 minutes had us on the edge of our seats and sent shivers down my spine. Its worth a watch and surprised me that as its based on a true story (I didn't know that till the end).

Shanks said no

Inseparable

6/10

US/Mandarin production starring Kevin Spacey. A bit like Super but not nearly as good, how could a film outshine Boltie the ultimate superhero. Anyway I guessed what was happening within 5 minutes whereas my wife took the whole film! All I'll say is that a Chinese bloke is about to hang himself and Spacey knocks at his door, their friendship develops from there

Shanks said no

Hummingbird (or Redemption) 3/10

Jason Statham plays a soldier who is just like Jason Statham who changes into a homeless person who isn't and then changes into a vigilante who is just like Jason Statham. And there is a nun in it, I maybe went for a drink at the point where her story became clear but I kept asking "who's the nun"? If you like JS you will probably like this film.

Riddick Usual Vin stuff If you like his films you will like this.6.5/10

Enders Game. Not bad but I don't think I'm the audience they were looking for. 6.5/10

Shanks said no

Battle in Seattle

6/10

Fellow poster recommended this in the Million Mask thread. Based around the WTO Seattle riots. Left me flat and depressed, wasn't what I needed at the end of a tough week, a film with no winners and 14 years later little has improved. Also compared with the London riots this seemed to be total overkill of a US demo. Cynical mood maybe just me.