The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Easy Money

9/10

I've been on a subtitles kick in the last few days and this was the best of the lot. Swedish film where the criminals of the former Yugoslav republics fight it out over the drug trade, slot in JW who is a bit of a local chancer / man of straw. Lost me a bit to begin with but well worth a watch and one of the best crime thrillers I have seen in a while.

Enjoyed this. 8.5/10 from me.

The Paperboy ... 5/10 bit slow, bit weird, bit shit actually. Only scenes that remain in memory (three actually) all revolve around violent sexual domination.

rudi must stay

Saving Mr Banks

Its not a film for everyone, but I thought it was excellent. Pretty moving, a film that I think is impossible not to be affected by. A tough watch, but a well made movie

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - superb adaptation which is brilliantly cast even in the minor(ish) roles from the book. 9/10

Gravity - Astounding in IMAX 3D. Thrilling film that has you at times wondering how they did it (which in the cgi age is rare). 10/10

Shanks said no

Alpha Papa

7.5/10

Enjoyable Partridge but didn't feel it was as sharp as the tv series, didn't hold the shock value that shorter programme had. Good still.

Shanks said no

2 Guns

7/10

Easy fayre for Washington and Waldberg(sp), very shooty uppy so if its your thing you will enjoy. Nice stroll through a dead count that must have been in the hundreds.

Shanks said no

Sawney - Flesh of Man

5/10

Horror film - tick, Scottish - tick, starring David Hayman - tick = a film to look forward to, sorry but wrong. Unless you are into human bodies being put through a meat grinder then you will be as disapointed as me. Without the Scottish / Hayman contribution my rating would have been much lower.

Blue Valentine 7/10 the scene at the end with the daughter is heartbreaking.

Hammer of the gods 7/10 an enjoyable enough film about vikings with Rollo from the tv show vikings in it as well as James Cosmo.

rudi must stay

The Wolverine

Couldn't recommend it more. I think X men fans will like it, but I think there's enough to keep anyone entertained. Certainly the best film of the franchise since Xmen 2

8/10

Shanks said no

Aftershock

4/10

Eli Roth disaster movie set in Chile. Strangely I enjoyed it more before the disaster!, Chilean scenery and culture was far more interestiing than the bloodlust that followed.

Shanks said no

Snitch

5/10

Dwayne The Rock Johnson stars in an action thriller about a daddy trying to save his son a jail sentence. No surprises but an ok film

I just watched requiem for a dream. I expected it to be bizarre and maybe I wasn't in the right mindset to watch that type of film (watched it whilst applying for jobs). Just found it a bit too weird for a sober Sunday afternoon. 5/10.

Raid Redemption:

Not the strongest plot in the world but my god is this film enjoyable, personally recommend you watch it with friends, its an Indonesian film but the dub takes nothing away from the enjoyment

9/10

Homefront 7.5/10

A Sly Stallone film starring Jason Statham. Great.If you like that sort of thing. I do.

David Bowie: Five Years (2013) ... 7.5/10

Really enjoyed this documentary tracing five significant 'years' (early seventies to 1983) of his musical career. Short (only 60 mins) but some great insight into how certain songs originated/were constructed through interviews with producers Visconti, Eno and Rogers, and guitarists Alomar and Fripp to name a few. Obviously plenty of original footage, the majority of it off-stage. :thumbsup:

Obviously plenty of original footage, the majority of it off-stage. :thumbsup:

Presumably not including his alleged antics with a certain 13 year old groupie.

Shanks said no

Spring Breakers

2/10

Thought i was getting a modern day Porkies, nah. Apart from the pleasure of 4+ hotties parading around on all occasions in skimpy bikinis for the full film it didnt do anything for me.

Shanks said no

The Company Men

8.5/10

Unsure how i missed this a couple of years ago but it was a surprisingly good intelligent movie from the US. Stars Ben Affleck and TL Jones with Kevin Costner playing a lesser role (a role that actually shows his acting skills in a brooding subtle sort of way). Centres round the lives of 3 well paid successful executives as the economic crash hits and the consequences for them and their families.

Shanks said no

The Bling Ring

6/10

Better than expected. Based around true story of a group of Hollywood kids who go on a housebreaking spree of the rich and famous's homes, such as Fox, Paris and Lohan. No idea how much is true but in the film you sat there thinking how long will they get away with this?

The Sapphires ... I think it get a 8/10 from me. Really enjoyed this Australian Aboriginal version of the Commitments. Sweet Soul Music from the bush to the Vietnam War. Music is great, and the girls look great too (even the one that resembles Posh Spice). You won't be disappointed.

:thumbsup:

Edited by ArcticJambo

The Sapphires ... I think it get a 8/10 from me. Really enjoyed this Australian Aboriginal version of the Commitments. Sweet Soul Music from the bush to the Vietnam War. Music is great, and the girls look great too (even the one that resembles Posh Spice). You won't be disappointed.

:thumbsup:

Brilliant movie , thank's for recommending it AJ :)

Brilliant movie , thank's for recommending it AJ :)

It was good wasn't it ... it's been done many times before but who cares, it makes you happy.

Near the end, She says 'This one's from my mum'; 'This one's from me' ... I was half expecting him to cut in just as she takes her lips away and quizically ask if 'Was that from your mum too ?' :)

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Kick Ass Two.

Liked it... Like the first film, it feels like three films in one. Good mix of humour and action. Pretty silly too, which works well with me.

7/10