The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

So good had to make another thread 

Never heard of it ? What’s it about ? Bodies ? 

4 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

A party game 

4 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

A party game 

Yes I’ve read up on it . Looks not too bad . Might give it a go

👍 

Dick Dastardly

Watched all three before, a few times. Just rewatched the first one again tonight. Absolutely brilliant films. Try and watch, if you can. 

William H. Bonney

Silent night, deadly night 2/5

I guess this film could be described as a cult classic.  

A little boy witnesses his parents being murdered by a santa clause.  

Years later, whilst dressed as santa, flashbacks cause him to go on a murderous spree. 

Dick Dastardly
On 28/12/2022 at 10:30, ri Alban said:

Wiki . I seen the poster if Ricky Marciano and then Rocky looking at his young self. I thought I'd look up Sly to see what age he was during Rocky and ended up reading Robert 'Rocky' Balboa. And here's more trivia.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0075148/trivia/

He speaks so much more clearly then than he seems to now

2 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

He speaks so much more clearly then than he seems to now

Did really well for himself.

White Noise on Netflix. A pretty bold move trying to turn the Don DeLillo novel into a film. On the whole they’ve done a good job and a fantastic lead role by Adam a driver who’s becoming one of the best and bravest actors around today. I might not be for everyone as it copies a lot of the pace of the novel with a slow opening section copying the books structure of being built around 3 very separate parts. If you’ve read the novel you’ll see that it’s been simplified for the screen but is still very interesting. 

Malignant, <5/10

Fell asleep but what I saw over two bouts before I fell asleep again was a 'horror' film that suspends believe. In other words, sh ite!

Metal Lords on Netflix. American high school film about a couple of outsiders who start a metal band. If you like Edgar Wright stuff like Scott Pilgrim you’ll enjoy the humour and feel of it. And as an aside the Scottish girl in it is from Leith and did youth theatre stuff in Edinburgh before becoming a professional actress. 

Glass onion. Pish

Im giving it one of these for Daniel Craigs awful attempt at a Southern USA drawl. Why does he need to have a yank accent anyway? The film could have got away with an English one  :facepalm:

Fire_At_The_Disco
19 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Glass onion. Pish

Im giving it one of these for Daniel Craigs awful attempt at a Southern USA drawl. Why does he need to have a yank accent anyway? The film could have got away with an English one  :facepalm:

I was just going to watch this, binned the idea now though…..A pish rating is pretty damming tbh. 

Carl Fredrickson

Glass Onion was a big disappointment. Far too easy to guess who dunnit. I really enjoyed Knives Out and was looking forward to watching it but it didnt live up to expectations. 

Menu - mental film but quite enjoyed it. 7/10

JudyJudyJudy
On 31/12/2022 at 23:48, Tazio said:

White Noise on Netflix. A pretty bold move trying to turn the Don DeLillo novel into a film. On the whole they’ve done a good job and a fantastic lead role by Adam a driver who’s becoming one of the best and bravest actors around today. I might not be for everyone as it copies a lot of the pace of the novel with a slow opening section copying the books structure of being built around 3 very separate parts. If you’ve read the novel you’ll see that it’s been simplified for the screen but is still very interesting. 

Adam driver is a terrific actor 

JudyJudyJudy
On 31/12/2022 at 10:36, rudi must stay said:

The Girl In The Spider's Web

Decent

6/10

Loved all the books 

Cool in 3d , one of these movies that was clearly made for it. Story is pretty pointless, I drifted out once the whales conversations were in subtitles. Best part of four hours in the cinema didnt help.

4/10

Dick Dastardly
19 minutes ago, thee jambo said:

Thanks, loved it.

👍 Yeah, it was really enjoyable. Seems like a decent young lad

52 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

White Noise. (Netflix)

Weird. Sometimes in a good way, but overall not so much.

6/10

I’d say they made a pretty good crack at filming a complex book. 

29 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’d say they made a pretty good crack at filming a complex book. 

I haven't read the book. Maybe the film would have made more sense if I had. 🤷‍♂️

Eventually got around to watching Knives Out. Thoroughly enjoyable detective caper. 
So I guess that means I have to watch Glass Onion now. I’ve seen almost exactly 50/50 social media posts that either loved it or slated it. 

On 04/01/2023 at 23:20, JudyJudyJudy said:

Adam driver is a terrific actor 

Maybe...but there is no way Han Solo and Princess Leia would have produced such an ugly kid 😁