The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

17 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

I see the 'sequel' to Gladiator has finally been given the go-ahead. Kind of worried that it'll be a disaster.

😱

joaquin-phoenix-commodus.gif

rudi must stay
29 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

I see the 'sequel' to Gladiator has finally been given the go-ahead. Kind of worried that it'll be a disaster.

😱

Ridley Scott is in form at the moment 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Maybe...but there is no way Han Solo and Princess Leia would have produced such an ugly kid 😁

Oh I find him quite attractive 

😱

Yes leave it alone . Can count on my left hand how many sequels have been good. 

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Ridley Scott is in form at the moment 

He’s a great director who had been shamelessly ignored by the Oscar’s . I loved “ Hannibal “ 

JudyJudyJudy
11 hours ago, Tazio said:

Eventually got around to watching Knives Out. Thoroughly enjoyable detective caper. 
So I guess that means I have to watch Glass Onion now. I’ve seen almost exactly 50/50 social media posts that either loved it or slated it. 

Well I thought it was great 

11 hours ago, Tazio said:

Eventually got around to watching Knives Out. Thoroughly enjoyable detective caper. 
So I guess that means I have to watch Glass Onion now. I’ve seen almost exactly 50/50 social media posts that either loved it or slated it. 

I thought both fims were very good, Glass Onion is much more tongue in cheek but both are well worth watching.

Maybe...but there is no way Han Solo and Princess Leia would have produced such an ugly kid 😁

:spoton:

He looks the end product of several generations of inbreeding.

Now if Leia and Luke had a kid, it would make a bit more sense.

Edited by Ray Gin

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

:spoton:

He looks the end product of several generations of inbreeding.

Now if Leia and Luke had a kid, it would make a bit more sense.

Kalamazoo Jambo
On 05/01/2023 at 19:31, Tazio said:

Glass Onion is excellent. Heavier on satire than Knives Out. Great cast, and Janelle Monae in particular is brilliant.

10 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Glass Onion is excellent. Heavier on satire than Knives Out. Great cast, and Janelle Monae in particular is brilliant.

I watched it last night and thoroughly enjoyed. I get the feeling a lot of the people hitting out at it were expecting something very similar to the first one and instead got something with even more absurdity and satire. 

Kalamazoo Jambo
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

I watched it last night and thoroughly enjoyed. I get the feeling a lot of the people hitting out at it were expecting something very similar to the first one and instead got something with even more absurdity and satire. 

Or they’re Elon Musk stans :laugh:

Prey (iptv)

5.5/10

Some entertaining scenes but too many daft ones. The lack of any plot depth or likeable characters leaves you really not giving the slightest **** about who lives or dies in the end.

Shanks said no

Big Boys Don't Cry 

6/10

Horrible true story about lads growing up in care. Story needs to be told and an emotional journey, probably not the escapism we were looking for on a Saturday night.

Netflix

Christmas Chronicles parts 1 & 2 (watched at Xmas but not on the Shed a lot) Kirk Russel & Goldie Hawn, actually quite enjoyable smulch for festive time.

Nowt beats Polar Express mind!

periodictabledancer

Hard Times/Holy Water on Netflix.

Slow as feck , ridiculous plot but the ending is hilarious and there's some comedy gold moments.

The Hatchet Wielding Hitchhiker (Netflix)

7/10

Documentary about a homeless hitchhiker who became an internet sensation following a "lively" news interview he gave after rescuing a woman by smashing her attacker with his hatchet. 

Edited by Ray Gin

Shanks said no

Super intelligence

0/10

I only have myself to blame. Why I decided to put on a film with Melissa McCarthy & James Corden must demonstrate a masochistic streak I didn’t realise I had. Truly awful.

Prime

rudi must stay

The Blair Witch Project 

Want free films download ITV X it has tons

Love The Blair Witch Project. Never been scared by it and it's well acted

10/10

4 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

The Blair Witch Project 

Want free films download ITV X it has tons

Love The Blair Witch Project. Never been scared by it and it's well acted

10/10

Is "never been scared by it" really a positive for a horror movie?

rudi must stay
11 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Is "never been scared by it" really a positive for a horror movie?

That and the Wicker Man both excellent. Tame

Carl Fredrickson

The Bank of Dave

Inspired by true events this tells the story of the creation of Burnley Savings and Loans Ltd

Sometimes a film catches me in the right frame of mind or mood and this ticked a lot of boxes. I am a sucker for British feel good films. Shades of "Brassed Off" I found it a great watch.

8/10

The White Cockade

Just been to see Avatar 2 on the 4G screen at Cineworld

Very good and didn't fall asleep even though it's well over 3 hours long!

Disser Pointon
On 16/01/2023 at 18:44, Carl Fredrickson said:

The Bank of Dave

Inspired by true events this tells the story of the creation of Burnley Savings and Loans Ltd

Sometimes a film catches me in the right frame of mind or mood and this ticked a lot of boxes. I am a sucker for British feel good films. Shades of "Brassed Off" I found it a great watch.

8/10

Saw the clip for that this morning, appealed to me as well, glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Saw Aftersun. Definitely won’t be for everyone - slow and arty - but can see why it got a lots of nods for Best Film of 2022 and a few BAFTA nominations. No harm that the daughter character is clearly a Jambo wearing a nice retro Strongbow top in a few scenes.

12 hours ago, TayJamTart said:

Empire of Light is the new film by Sam Mendes.

Stars Olivia Colman and Colin Firth

Fairly enjoyable film which is sure to win a few awards.  

Is this a watch at home or only at cinema?

https://youtu.be/HdMPTgYi-0w

Edited by Tommy Brown

Disser Pointon

Anybody watched the new Tom Hanks film yet? I'd normally be all over anything with him in it but haven't fancied the look of it from the trailers.

9 hours ago, Disser Pointon said:

Anybody watched the new Tom Hanks film yet? I'd normally be all over anything with him in it but haven't fancied the look of it from the trailers.

My mate who lives in Hertfordshire, saw it the other night and described it as the best film he has seen in years.

Disser Pointon
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

My mate who lives in Hertfordshire, saw it the other night and described it as the best film he has seen in years.

Great, I'll get on it then!

Licorice Pizza
Amazon Prime
7/10
An enjoyable watch maybe just over long. Set in 1973 LA it follows a young (15 yo) lad's pursual  of an older woman. The film is episodic and it turns out most of the episodes themselves were based loosely on true stories. Terrific lead performances from the young guy played by Philip Seymour Hoffman's son who manages to make for quite a sympathetic portrayal of a precocious, brash and confident teenager, and the female lead whose real life family play the roles of her family in the film.

The Stranger (Netflix)

7.5/10

Loosely based on the true story of an elaborate undercover police operation trying to craftily get their main suspect for an abduction/murder to confess his crime.

Edited by Ray Gin

Always find it frustrating when people give mediocre films 10/10 . Surely full marks are reserved for the greats (The Godfather, Braveheart, Schindlers List) and not Dude Wheres My Car because it tickled you or maybe I am taking it all a little too seriously.

On 17/01/2023 at 23:01, The White Cockade said:

Just been to see Avatar 2 on the 4G screen at Cineworld

Very good and didn't fall asleep even though it's well over 3 hours long!

Was absolute baws.

Whales chatting in subtitles. Come on now

Only points were for CGI which was impressive.

Aftersun. Absolutely superb. The two leads are incredible. Don't watch if you are feeling anyway fragile though!! 

Guid Hertz top on show as well. 

Edited by Notts1874

2 hours ago, Americana said:

Always find it frustrating when people give mediocre films 10/10 . Surely full marks are reserved for the greats (The Godfather, Braveheart, Schindlers List) and not Dude Wheres My Car because it tickled you or maybe I am taking it all a little too seriously.

Braveheart. :D I'm all for independence but that film was not only a complete load of twaddle but also historically incorrect and misleading. An embarrassment of a film.

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Braveheart. :D I'm all for independence but that film was not only a complete load of twaddle but also historically incorrect and misleading. An embarrassment of a film.

I've the same thoughts, utter tripe.

4 hours ago, Americana said:

Was absolute baws.

Whales chatting in subtitles. Come on now

Only points were for CGI which was impressive.

That's done it for me I thought the first was utter pish now after seeing this I will def be swerving this one.

9 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Aftersun. Absolutely superb. The two leads are incredible. Don't watch if you are feeling anyway fragile though!! 

Guid Hertz top on show as well. 

And the male lead has received an Oscar nomination today. I thought the film might actually get a nomination as well. 

The Honest Thief with Liam Neeson, main part of story is pretty silly bank robber tries to be honest turn himself in but finds corrupt cops just as bad so has to clear name!

However as with any film just sit back enjoy if you can its actually ok, from 2020.

7/10

Edited by Turkishcap

Avatar : The Way of Water.  A proper Hollywood blockbuster. Not as good as the first one but good enough and visually stunning. A wee bit long for me 7.5/10