The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Vlad-Stupid

Last film I watched was Pulp Fiction on Sky the other night - 9/10. Not watched it in years and it's still amazing now. Shame about the stumbling embarrassment most of Tarantino's work has become in recent years.

Watched it for the first time in years last weekthumbsup.gif

Found out the burd hadn't seen it before :what: so it had to go on.

Getting right in to watching the old classics just now (No i dont mean Gone with the Wind and Casablancateehee.gif), Godfather box set last week followed by Goodfellas. Apocalypse Now is getting a dusting off tonight or tomorrow nightthumbsup.gif

What is it about bursd though that dont appreciate good films? Mines thought American Psycho last night was shite :vrface:

This coming from somebody who watches Sex and the City 2 once a week :vrface:

Watched it for the first time in years last weekthumbsup.gif

Found out the burd hadn't seen it before :what: so it had to go on.

Getting right in to watching the old classics just now (No i dont mean Gone with the Wind and Casablancateehee.gif), Godfather box set last week followed by Goodfellas. Apocalypse Now is getting a dusting off tonight or tomorrow nightthumbsup.gif

What is it about bursd though that dont appreciate good films? Mines thought American Psycho last night was shite :vrface:

This coming from somebody who watches Sex and the City 2 once a week :vrface:

get her to read the book, then she will appreciate the film :rolleyes:

Commander Harris

Went a bit retro and dusted off my copy of American Psycho. Not watched it for years, forgot how good this film actually is. Away out tomorrow to buy new business cards (with watermark obviously) and expensive moisturising products

:verysmug:

8.5/10

I really liked that film when I first saw it years ago but the more I watch it now the less funny, and more disturbing, it gets.

love the "feed me a stray cat" bit though :D

Vlad-Stupid

I really liked that film when I first saw it years ago but the more I watch it now the less funny, and more disturbing, it gets.

love the "feed me a stray cat" bit though :D

Dont-Just-Stare-at-IT-EAT-IT.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Patrick-Bateman

:yas:

They're remaking Mad Max blink.gif

No, he's going to be in Mad Max 4, think it's called Fury Road. Gibson didn't want to do another one so they've cast Hardy. Charlize Theron's in it too, though it's been delayed.

No, he's going to be in Mad Max 4, think it's called Fury Road. Gibson didn't want to do another one so they've cast Hardy. Charlize Theron's in it too, though it's been delayed.

Interesting. I shall reserve judgement.

Thanks for clarifying thumbsup.gif

Say What Again

Just back from seeing Rio.

7/10

Not bad for the kids and a film that definitely works in 3D, given all the flying and bright colours.

Vlad-Stupid

Watched The Rite last night. 5/10 for me.

Thought it started really slow and was predictable. Hopkins was outstanding though. I think the fact it was 'based on true events' spoiled it for me as I don't believe in all that hocus pocas shite...

rossthejambo

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1 - 8/10. Decent film in it's own right and a good set up for the finale. Looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

rudi must stay

The Disappearance of Alice Creed

Quite slow moving, but terrific acting throughout and a clever plot

8/10

Monsters

Well worth watching for some incredible CGI

7/10

Chris Benoit

Tomorrow When The War Began - 7/10 - really enjoyed this.

Is that the Aussie film? Seemed like a Red Dawn rip-off to me.

Harry Palmer

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1 - 8/10. Decent film in it's own right and a good set up for the finale. Looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

Funnily enough.... :whistling:

Much better than the previous two that Yates has directed probably because he's stuck well to the actual book/story.....I'll enjoy Part 2 for Christmas.....

I'd advise folk to also watch Oh, Mr Porter available on Beeb iplayer....Great film.

Quality stuff. Will Hay. However, unless you're a Dad's Army fan you won't be able to spot the influence which it had.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Arnold

Dave Spacey

Transporter 3

3/10 Pish, so much continuity errors. Really liked the 1st one and the 2nd was ok. If they make another one they really need to do something radical.

The White Ribbon 7/10

German film set just prior to the first world war in a village where there are some seriously shady goings on.

The Motorcycle Diaries

Fantastic film tells the true story of a 23 year old Ernesto "Che" Guevara (then a medical student) on a road trip around South America with his mate Alberto Grenado (a bio-chemist). What they see and experience opens Ernesto's eyes to the reality of the greater political world. The scenery is breathtaking at times and the story beautifully told. And for once, Mrs Dunks agrees.

10/10 thumbsup.gif

Jeremy beagle

Dead snow 8/10. Zombie Nazis......winner everytime.

Cube 9/10. One of my favourite films.

Saw 3d 2/10. So so bad. The first saw film was genuinely surprising. This however is awful.

MacGruber - not even going to rate this as it was so bad.

Source Code. Another tautly scripted film from Moon director Duncan Jones who also shows a deft hand helming an thought-provoking actioner.

Sucker Punch. One dimensional, badly paced misfire with an unfocused narrative. Even the stunning visuals lose impact as they are so repetitive and one-note, every idea Snyder had is barfed up on the screen without a shred of restraint. If it wasn't for his Watchmen adaptation showing he is relatively competent with other people's material than this self-written pap, I'd be seriously worried about Snyder's upcoming Superman film.

Edited by Jet Set Willy

Pele_Is_God

Breaking and entering is ace.. Jude Laws best film. I watched The Net earlier with Sandra Bullock.. would give it 9/10!

DOA - Dead or Alive, shockingly bad story, even worse acting, the fight scenes were too stylized, even having Sarah Carter, Jaime Pressly, Holly Valance and Devon Aoki in bikinis fighting didn't help it 2/10

Touching the Void 8/10

Amazing documentary about 2 mountaineers who successfully climbed the Siula Grande mountain in Peru, only for it to go badly pear-shaped on the way back down.

Touching the Void 8/10

Amazing documentary about 2 mountaineers who successfully climbed the Siula Grande mountain in Peru, only for it to go badly pear-shaped on the way back down.

Breathtaking film thumbsup.gif

Napoleon  Wilson

I watched a pretty decent stream of "Insidious" tonight

It wasnt as terribly scary as i had heard it was, but it did have quite a few shit your pants moments. Some freaky stuff.

7/10

PsychocAndy

Kill The Irishman

Based a the true story, nothing to do with what is going on in the Weedge.

8/10

I watched a pretty decent stream of "Insidious" tonight

It wasnt as terribly scary as i had heard it was, but it did have quite a few shit your pants moments. Some freaky stuff.

7/10

Going to wait till the cinema to get the full effect. :thumbsup:

Vlad-Stupid

Get Him To The Greek

horrendous. Not much of a story and not many laughs

2/10

The furry wall scene after they had been smoking Jeffries had me buckled tbh :lol:

Watched The Dilema last night. Pretty meh although my hatred of Vince Vaughn may have clouded my judgement. Not sure if it was supposed to be a comedy but it was watchable

6/10

Thought Tatum Channing or whatever his name is played a great part though :thumbsup:

Seven Pounds

Slow, thought provoking drama with some great performances. Interesting concept too. Not one for the brain dead!

7/10 thumbsup.gif

Disser Pointon

Anyboy seen the Ray Winstone film "Tracker"?? hadnt heard of it but came accross it on one of the torrent sites and wondered whether it was worth a go, RW films normally are.

Edited by Bleedsmaroon

Seven Pounds

Slow, thought provoking drama with some great performances. Interesting concept too. Not one for the brain dead!

7/10 thumbsup.gif

Excellent movie, liked the twist. :thumbsup:

rudi must stay

Thor

Not much of a plot in all honesty, but it's visually superb and the important scenes are well done

7/10