The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Watched Deep Cover the other night again, Laurence fishburne is great as a undercover narcotics officer but Jeff goldblums one dimensional acting is like drawing teeth when he has a scene.

vegas-voss

Bridesmaids...Surprisingly good,funny with a lot of lol moments.So called womans film being good shock. :ninja: 8/10.

The dress fitting scene

Jambojohnnyboy

Punisher - War Zone. - Not short on action and violence. Dark too. 7/10

Rollerball - 7/10 Not aged well, but story is still relevant.

Guest GhostHunter

Scott Pilgrim - 7/10

Kick Ass - 8/10

Event Horizon - 7/10

Final Destination - 6/10

Uninhabited - 5/10

Naboer (Next Door) - 7/10

Rovdyr (Manhunt) - 7/10

rudi must stay

Made In Dagenham

Horrific. I heard it was 'feel-good', far from it, most of the women in this film are horrible.

3/10

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Seen loads recently but... 'Machette' is just awesome! :D

London Boulevard, Old Boy and True Grit were all decent too.

Creepy Lurker

Rambo - First Blood: 8/10

My favourite bit is where he has the mini breakdown and becomes, even by Stallone's high standards, completely incoherent. :lol:

North Berwick Jambo

Hereafter. Clint Eastwood, Matt Damon etc.

The biggest pile of crap i have watched in 20 years & that is saying something! I would rather have stuck needles in my eyes for two hours, it would have been less painful ! :down:

Say What Again

just watched PAUL brilliant

Everyone says that.

I really should get this watched.

jambopompey

Everyone says that.

I really should get this watched.

im never one for buying a dvd as soon as it comes out, prefer the bargain buys a few months afterwards.

this is one of the few films that i can watch over and over again and not get bored

Neds

really enjoyed this film. Some great characters and a fast moving plot

8/10

Watched this recently, but only 6.5/10 for me. Felt bits of it were a wee bit contrived and some characters underdeveloped - good performance from the lead though.

...a bit disco

just watched PAUL brilliant

Was surprised by the swearing!

Even so...

8.5/10 for a very funny movie.

Just watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2. Not great but not bad. Would give it about 6/10. Effects were really good, but something missing. Not as action packed or tense as it could and probably should've been.

Napoleon  Wilson

The Book Of Eli

BookEli_Promo.jpg

6.5/10

I was slightly disappointed by this film, thought it was going to be better. However gorgeous Mila Kunis saved it from being a total disaster. :thumbsup:

Edited by Napoleon Wilson

Guest GhostHunter

Just watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2. Not great but not bad. Would give it about 6/10. Effects were really good, but something missing. Not as action packed or tense as it could and probably should've been.

Where did you see it ?

Where did you see it ?

Wife won tickets, so we saw it at cineworld in Glasgow. Was there for about five hours. Watched the official premiere live at cinema and then the film which was shown at same time as London premiere. Think there were almost 20 cinemas in UK doing same thing.

Guest GhostHunter

Wife won tickets, so we saw it at cineworld in Glasgow. Was there for about five hours. Watched the official premiere live at cinema and then the film which was shown at same time as London premiere. Think there were almost 20 cinemas in UK doing same thing.

Cool cheers - my wee girl wants to do the double header as well, though not sure I can last 5 hours in a cinema !

Harry Palmer

Sir Michael Caine....

Alfie 8/10

Italian Job 9/10

Get Carter 10/10

Just got Zulu 5bn/10 and the Harry Palmer films to go. :)

Edit...no Jaws pish.

Edited by Arnold

vegas-voss

Sucker Punch 8/10

Very weird fantasy flick with stunning birds in some stunning outfits kicking ass.Visuals are outstanding really what Blu Ray was made for.Don't think it will be everyones cup of tea though.

Guest GhostHunter

]Secuestrados - holy shit, about as real a film about home invasion as you could get.

Brutal and terrifying - the ending defies belief and pushes the boundaries of film making.

10/10

Reign over me with Adam Sandler. Was pretty good to see Sandler play a serious role for a change

Very good film. I saw it by accident when it was on the telly recently and was amazed. Apparently Sandler didn't want to do it as he was scared that he can't act "properly"

Lantana - Excellent stuff from the director of the equally good Jindabyne. Top class Aussie relationship dramas, both of them. 8.5/10

The Tree of Life - 9/10

This is going to be a bit of a 'Marmite' film, some people will love it, plenty people will hate it (at least ten folk walked out of the screening I'm just back from), but if you go in with an open mind and your brain switched on then you will surely appreciate what is a fantastic, beautiful piece of cinema.

rudi must stay

Fire In Babylon

very interesting documentary about the West Indies cricket team that was unbeaten for 15 years.

7/10

The Debt Collector, Billy Connolly v's Rebus (basicly) Not too bad, hadn't seen all the film so I bought it cheepo from Amazon 7/10

Some good scenes of Edinburgh.

Disser Pointon

Ironclad

9/10

:thumbsup:

39255.jpg

good stuff, got this at home and looking forward to it!

Edited by Bleedsmaroon

...a bit disco

Ironclad

9/10

39255.jpg

:o

A 'bloody' good movie!

9/10

Edited by ...a bit disco

Would you lot say Ironclad is on a par with 300? I'm interested, but saw a review which was only about 2 stars I think.

Also just saw 4 movies from Blockbuster...

Paul - 9/10, fantastic film, definately looking to grab it on DVD, I was a big fan of Shaun of the Dead, but didn't have much love for Hot Fuzz, so I'm glad this was good...Seth Rogen was top notch.

127 Hours - 5/10 (generous), I don't know whether the hype it got raised my expectations too high, or if I just wasn't in the right mood, but I didn't think it was anything special. Compared to the other 'trapped' film of the year 'Buried', it was well below par....I thought Buried was great.

The Rite - 6/10, we were after a scary movie, and there wasn't much choice....again, nothing special apart from Anthony Hopkins who plays the role well as always. Not a patch on films like Insidious, Paranormal Activity etc...

Black Dynamite - 6/10, okay....not great. I saw Macgruber recently so I think I had hoped this would be similar, but apart from a few laughs here and there...wasn't that good.

Edited by marcus

Bridesmaids - 8/10. Thought it was very funny. Wasn't really sure if it was going to be any good but thoroughly enjoyed it.

Creepy Lurker

Seven Samurai

Now I know that this is seen as a classic, was very influential and so on...but I hated it.