The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

rudi must stay

Predator

Brody plays a good part in an average movie

6/10

The Assassination of Jesse James

Can't fault the acting, I found it a bit slow at times though

7/10

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Control

Very sad film as you know how it will end, but brilliant none the less.

9/10

Top film.

Harry Brown - 7/10 - had seen some bad reviews for it but I thought it was pretty enjoyable. Michael Caine, as always, is tremendous.

Ajami 7/10

Isreali film following violent events linking characters from different cultural backgrounds in Ajami, a neighborhood in Tel Aviv.

Law Abiding Citizen

Apart from Butler's ridiculous american accent, it's not too bad. Maybe goes a bit far in the end, but enjoyable nonetheless. Too graphic for Mrs Dunks on occasion though.

7/10 thumbsup.gif

The Resident - 6/10 very predictable 'thriller' with Christopher Lee badly underused

Sucker Punch - 8.5/10 uniformed chicks fighting Nazi zombies, giant mechanical samurais and dragons in true Zack Snyder slo-mo stylee. Class.

Guest GhostHunter

Caged/Captifs - decent French gore/shock/thriller - not for the faint hearted, and definitely not for animal lovers. 7/10

Zombieland - got it as ASDA for ?3...

7.5/10

Made me laugh out loud. Some great Zombie killing scenes. Just pure stupid fun and will watch again. Even the lass liked it!

Commander Harris

Sucker Punch - 4/10

highly flawed - not a complete disaster but still poor.

Also, the film makers have clearly compromised their own film to get a PG13/12A rating. (i don't know how they got a 12A to be honest, crudely cutting out a few f-words doesn't change the adult themes that are there.)

Commander Harris

Shutter Island. 7.5/10

Fair play to the lad Di Caprio. After starting his career being an annoying little w@nk, he's fair raised his game. He's been in quite a few good films now that he has been decent in, this being one of them.

Di Caprio is an amazing actor, tis bit of a cliche but I'm going to say it anyway, he's the finest actor of his generation. he's been a lot more than "decent" in most of his work.

Out of interest what was he an annoying **** in? I'll give you "Titanic" but you can't really do much with a script that consisted of "run this way!", "no this way!"

He began his career in things like What's Eating Gilbert Grape and Basketball Diaries with some outstanding performances, again hardly "annoying little ****" in my book.

signed,

Gay for Leo. :teehee:

Sucker Punch - 4/10

highly flawed - not a complete disaster but still poor.

Also, the film makers have clearly compromised their own film to get a PG13/12A rating. (i don't know how they got a 12A to be honest, crudely cutting out a few f-words doesn't change the adult themes that are there.)

I was surprised it was a 12A too. Wouldn't want my 12 year old watching it!

Di Caprio is an amazing actor, tis bit of a cliche but I'm going to say it anyway, he's the finest actor of his generation. he's been a lot more than "decent" in most of his work.

Out of interest what was he an annoying **** in? I'll give you "Titanic" but you can't really do much with a script that consisted of "run this way!", "no this way!"

He began his career in things like What's Eating Gilbert Grape and Basketball Diaries with some outstanding performances, again hardly "annoying little ****" in my book.

I was thinking of Titanic, Romeo & Juliet and The Beach. Annoying w@nk mode in all of those. Haven't seen the 2 early ones you mentioned.

Jambojohnnyboy

Highwaymen - 6/10 Revenge thriller with muscle cars.

Death Proof - 6/10 - 1st half just didn't work for me but found the second half enjoyable.

Walk The Line - 8/10 - It's Johnny Cash, what more needs said!

...a bit disco

The Warriors Way

Cowboys + Ninjas = Crackin' good movie!

9/10

Guest GhostHunter

The Silent House - Uruguyan horror - and boy was it good. Been a long time since I caught myself not breathing as the tension builds. 8/10

The Silent House - Uruguyan horror - and boy was it good. Been a long time since I caught myself not breathing as the tension builds. 8/10

Has it got English subtitles? Sounds interesting

Guest GhostHunter

Has it got English subtitles? Sounds interesting

It took me ages to find both the film and the subs - if you are looking for the subs, let me know and I can mail them to you.

rudi must stay

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Just a weird film, and incredibly slow moving

2/10

Edited by rudi must stay

It took me ages to find both the film and the subs - if you are looking for the subs, let me know and I can mail them to you.

Cheers, will try and download during the Easter hols

Napoleon  Wilson

Hot Tub Time Machine.

Gave it 5 minutes.

What a waste

Yeah that was fecking awful. I think i managed about an hour of it. It just wasnt funny :down:

Sterling Archer

Yeah that was fecking awful. I think i managed about an hour of it. It just wasnt funny :down:

Jessica Pare in the scud though, winner.

Harry Palmer

Just read that there is a remake of Highlander in the pipeline or there has been for a few years...

Here's hoping it never sees the light of day.

Same with The Dambusters remake....

Just read that there is a remake of Highlander in the pipeline or there has been for a few years...

Here's hoping it never sees the light of day.

Same with The Dambusters remake....

Agreed. Script being written by the Twilight series writer apparently.

Total Recall is also being remade - seems further down the line with Colin Farrell and Jessica Biel set to star.

Speaking of Biel, she is also penned to star in the remake of Barbarella blink.gif

None of these films need to be made verymad.gif

Say What Again

Speaking of remakes, the boy at work told me on Friday, they're making a new version of The Great Gatsby................. in 3D!!

:blink:

Edited by Jack of Hearts

legion 4.5/10

good idea poorly executed, don't know the budget but seemed very low budget

Edited by Charles Irving Bartowski

Harry Brown

Michael Caine does vigilante in a very British way. Really enjoyed this, though Mrs Dunks walked out again. I'm beginning to wonder what she seen in me in the first place laugh.gif

A solid 7/10 thumbsup.gif

Self-destruct - 5/10 - rollercoaster ride of a movie about a young Irish lad. Huge twist three quarters of the way through and a tragic ending. Had me in tears.

The Rite - Hopkins back in top form in a brilliant exorcist movie (at last) 9/10

Agreed, excellent movie. Hopkins back to his Hannibal best.

Say What Again

13 Assasins

8/10

If you like samurai films, this is for you. :thumbsup:

Really enjoyed this when I watched it earlier today. The tension really builds in the film then explodes in action at the end.

Vlad-Stupid

Went a bit retro and dusted off my copy of American Psycho. Not watched it for years, forgot how good this film actually is. Away out tomorrow to buy new business cards (with watermark obviously) and expensive moisturising products

:verysmug:

8.5/10

sucker punch 5/10 disappointed with this could have been so much better

the ending was so obvious stevie wonder would have seen it coming

Tommy Wiseau

Went a bit retro and dusted off my copy of American Psycho. Not watched it for years, forgot how good this film actually is. Away out tomorrow to buy new business cards (with watermark obviously) and expensive moisturising products

8.5/10

YAS. I too have a penchant for Valentino suits and Paul Smith horn rims, we even go to the same hairdresser's - although I have a slightly better haircut.

Last film I watched was Pulp Fiction on Sky the other night - 9/10. Not watched it in years and it's still amazing now. Shame about the stumbling embarrassment most of Tarantino's work has become in recent years.

Last cinema trip was Limitless - 6/10. I was kind of into it for a while, then the plot holes started to get ridiculous, the main character's cockery grated more and more, and they completely rushed the ending which ruined it. Bit of an idiotic film tbh, surprised to hear Kermode give it a reasonably positive review as a Twilight Zone style genre piece. I personally don't think that was the intention at all.

Edited by Charles Faceman Adam