The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Cemetery Junction

Nice wee British film from Merchant & Gervais. Quietly entertaining, I'd call it a safe, nice film. Even Mrs Dunks enjoyed it.

7/10 thumbsup.gif

Layer Cake

Enjoyable take on the British gangster/drug dealer scene. Daniel Craig is great in this pre-007 role and then there is ....

sienna_miller11.jpg

Very lovely indeed! 7/10 thumbsup.gif

Edited by Dunks

hanna , bit slow at times not as good as i was expecting. Saoirse Ronan plays the main character well, cate blanchett is always a good baddie but felt she should have had more screen time. 7/10

127 hours

Rather dull, got bored half-way through. 5/10

Exit Through the Gift Shop

Bizarre. Unsure how much was a parody and how much was genuine. Enjoyed it though. 7/10

rudi must stay

quite enjoyed it. Decent enough story and some of the scenes are superb visually

7/10

vegas-voss

L.A. Confidential

Absolutely brilliant had only seen it once before when it was first released so could not remember much about so it was great to see it again.Brilliant story and first class acting from everyone in it.

10/10

...a bit disco

Limitless

Really enjoyed it and an added plus is De Niro's in it so....

8.5/10

...a bit disco

Vanishing On 7th Street.

Don't bother.

Unmitigated pish.

1/10

Harry Palmer

Black Sheep (iplayer)

Genetically modified sheep go on the rampage in a NZ farm......

Shaun of the Dead/American Werewolf but sheep. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stewart MacD

Three in the last week.

1. La Rafle (The Round up) terrific film, great acting and a true story. 10/10

2. Burke and Hare. Least said the better. 1/10

3. Source Code. +Good film. Interesting but ridiculous concept. 6/10. Silly at the end - how does he explain his lack of any knowledge of himself and his teaching career?

Spent most of the weekend watching Star Wars IV,V,VI....The old ones are the best. 8/10 7/10 9/10

Lord of the Rings next weekend....

Edited by martyg

Tommy Wiseau

hanna , bit slow at times not as good as i was expecting. Saoirse Ronan plays the main character well, cate blanchett is always a good baddie but felt she should have had more screen time. 7/10

Just been to see this and totally loved it myself, would be adding at least 1 mark to your score. Just the way I like my chase movies. Great cast, amazing soundtrack and it had a Lola Rennt type feel about it I was well into.

Tom Hollander is absolute class in everything he does as well. :thumbsup:

L.A. Confidential

Absolutely brilliant had only seen it once before when it was first released so could not remember much about so it was great to see it again.Brilliant story and first class acting from everyone in it.

10/10

Seconded. One of my favourite movies of all time, top 5 at least.

PS. Is it wrong that my favourite film noirs are not even film noirs (Chinatown and LA Confidential)? Not that I care likes, but imo both are better than stuff like The Maltese Falcon and The Third Man (which I also love). Thoughts from noir fans?

rossthejambo

Forgot all about this thread. Last 3 films I've seen

Insidious - 6.5/10 - Was a bit freaky but the last sort of 45 minutes were totally ridiculous.

Scre4m - 6/10 - Just what you expect from a Scream film, some reasonably funny bits, plenty teenagers running about getting slashed. Wasn't bad.

The Hangover part 2 - 8/10 - Really quite funny, but not as good as the first one (quite difficult to do in fairness). Just a shame the general layout of the story didn't change.

The Hangover Part 2

******* rubbish only Alan saves it from being a total waste of time 5/10

Why did you go see it twice then? :biggrin:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Enter the Void - 9/10

Something a bit different, see it if you get a chance. :thumbsup:

Napoleon  Wilson

The Human Centipede

The_Human_Centipede_1.jpg

5.5/10

Seriously messed up film, not too great either. The guy playing the crazy Dutch doctor is pretty convincing however.

NEDS - 8/10 - enjoyed it more than I thought I would, some great acting especially from Peter Mullen and an interesting insight into the 70s education system.

Edited by el profesor

vegas-voss

NEDS - 8/10 - enjoyed it more than I thought I would, some great acting especially from Peter Mullen and an interesting insight into the 70s education system.

Aye basically if you were a bad kid the most challenging aspect of your day was working out if you could open your carton of free milk.

Aye basically if you were a bad kid the most challenging aspect of your day was working out if you could open your carton of free milk.

:biggrin:

Napoleon  Wilson

I saw the devil

i-saw-the-devil-poster.jpg

8.5 / 10

This was recommended to me by a fellow JKB'r and i really enjoyed it. Some great performances from both the main actors.

However i still go on record to say that Rambo 4 is more violent, no-one was reduced to a chunk of meat by mounted machine gun from point blank range in this. :whistling:

Edited by Napoleon Wilson

Guest GhostHunter

I saw the devil

8.5 / 10

This was recommended to me by a fellow JKB'r and i really enjoyed it. Some great performances from both the main actors.

However i still go on record to say that Rambo 4 is more violent, no-one was reduced to a chunk of meat by mounted machine gun from point blank range in this. :whistling:

Top film - look out for the Man From Nowhere as well...probably as good if not better...

vegas-voss

I saw the devil

i-saw-the-devil-poster.jpg

8.5 / 10

This was recommended to me by a fellow JKB'r and i really

enjoyed it. Some great performances from both the main

actors.

However i still go on record to say that Rambo 4 is more

violent, no-one was reduced to a chunk of meat by

mounted machine gun from point blank range in this.

:whistling:

Byung-Hun Lee films are great I will need to check this out.Have you seen A Bittersweet Life or The Good,The

Bad,The Weird both really good especially A Bittersweet Life

The Sting - Nearly fourty years old now and still enjoyable to watch.

How weird! Watching that right now too! Had it sky+ from a few weeks ago on ITV.

9/10 - a true classic.

rudi must stay

The Special Relationship

very good drama about Clinton and Blair's friendship and how they dealt with various problems that arose. Michael Sheen as usual is brilliant as Tony Blair

8/10

I've been on the couch for two weeks following an op and in that period, I've watched....

Green zone - decent all action interpretation of the book. 7/10

Iron man 2 - disappointing sequel as I enjoyed the first one. 5/10

Gommorah - second time I've seen this and while it's not as good as the book, I think it's great. 9/10

You can count on me - well made indie drama, although not much happens. Laura Linneys brilliant in just about anything though. 7/10

Hot tub time machine - not great but had some funny bits. 5/10

Machete - hilariously violent, comedy action film. Like a p!ss take of commando or something. And Jessica alba and Michelle Rodriguez both look amazing. 7/10

Robin hood - well made Hollywood action flick but nothing more. 6/10

Parallax view - quality paranoid 70s thriller. 8/10

Tell no one - good French thriller, which build the suspense well but loses it's way a bit at the end. 7/10

Kill the Irishman....Okay run of the mill mob flick.6/10.

Death at a funeral......US version,some lol moments but dragged on a bit.Will try and watch the British version soon.6/10.

Jeremy beagle

The fighter 9/10. Great flick

Due Date 2/10. Pish

I spit on your grave 7/10. Decent remake.

Tron 7/10. Visually great. Story meh!

True Grit 10/10. My favourite film in recent years.

Mechanic. 5/10. So so.

Monsters 7/10. Good low budget film.

Crimson tide 8/10. One of Denzels best films.

The Thing 9/10. Superb film. Classic.

vegas-voss

Hall Pass decent comedy with one truely good laugh out moment.I liked it better than Hangover 2,maybe because it I'm pretty much it's target audience. 7/10

Hall Pass decent comedy with one truely good laugh out moment.I liked it better than Hangover 2,maybe because it I'm pretty much it's target audience. 7/10

Bathroom scene? :)

Creepy Lurker

Mesrine Part 2: Public Enemy Number One

Had watched the first part of this a few months ago and not been that impressed, but eventually decided to watch this due to a lack of other things I felt like watching. Glad that I persevered with it, as I actually thoroughly enjoyed this one. 8/10

rudi must stay

X-men First Class

as others have said, it is a great film. Will be interesting to see where X-men goes from here as well :thumbsup:

7/10