The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Unknown - 810 - Similar to Taken but not as good.

Raiders of the Lost Ark - 10/10 - First time I've seen it for a few years and it was brilliant!

Due date - 2/10 - Not sure I actually laughed

The Company Men - 6/10 - not bad but just not that engrossing really

The Town - 8/10 - really enjoyed it

The Girl Who Played With Fire - 6/10 - Enjoyed the book but film was a bit meh. First film was better.

Edited by Rosewood

Unknown - 810 - Similar to Taken but not as good.

Raiders of the Lost Ark - 10/10 - First time I've seen it for a few years and it was brilliant!

Due date - 2/10 - Not sure I actually laughed

The Company Men - 6/10 - not bad but just not that engrossing really

The Town - 8/10 - really enjoyed it

The Girl Who Played With Fire - 6/10 - Enjoyed the book but film was a bit meh. First film was better.

The 3rd film is good though. It's like most trilogies, the middle one is usually a bit boring.

The 3rd film is good though. It's like most trilogies, the middle one is usually a bit boring.

Not read the third book yet so wanted to do that first but I'd heard it was better than the second.

PsychocAndy

Lincoln Lawyer, not bad 6.5/10

x-men First Class, better 7/10

Hanna, even better 8/10

PsychocAndy

Mesrine Part 2: Public Enemy Number One

Had watched the first part of this a few months ago and not been that impressed, but eventually decided to watch this due to a lack of other things I felt like watching. Glad that I persevered with it, as I actually thoroughly enjoyed this one. 8/10

My mrs wasn't talking to me one day, so I watched both back to back and enjoyed both.

Mesrine Part 2: Public Enemy Number One

Had watched the first part of this a few months ago and not been that impressed, but eventually decided to watch this due to a lack of other things I felt like watching. Glad that I persevered with it, as I actually thoroughly enjoyed this one. 8/10

Both are class, I did enjoy the second part more too though.

Guest GhostHunter

Orcs! - out on iTunes 2 months ahead of an official release.

Enjoyable 90mins where you can switch off. 6/10

...a bit disco

Priest

Cowboys, motorbikes, trains, vampires and asskickin' vicars!

Oh, and Paul Bettany is pretty good in the title role.

7.5-8/10.

:thumbsup:

Catfish - really interesting and makes me even more determined to stay away from Facebook! 7/10

Jackass 3 - it is what it is but still made me laugh. 6/10

x-men first class 9/10 great film, and performances by mcavoy and fassbender. only let down by IMO poor choice of casting kevin bacon

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

The Basketball Diaries - 7.5/10

Hadn't seen this before. Great performance from Di Caprio and a good cast all round.

Three Days of The Condor - A bit dated with a terribly shot love scene, but like all Celtic fans, I'm partial to a good conspiracy thriller. 6.5/10

Winter's Bone - Excellent. Beautifully shot and acted - the young lead actress was outstanding. 8.5/10

Armadillo - 7.5/10

Danish documentary following a group of Danish troops in Afghanistan.

Edited by Ray Gin

rudi must stay

127 Hours

quite good. Not as slow moving as it could have been, although one scene is so graphic it's difficult to watch

7/10

predators :facepalm: 3/10

why is laurence fishburne still fat even though he has been there a while and has had to scavenge food. Why two different types of predator, the newer one was awful and seemed daft to shoehorn in another type of predator. adrien brody trying to be arnie but using fire :facepalm:

Edited by Charles Irving Bartowski

Creepy Lurker

12 Angry Men - 7/10

It's seen as a classic, so I'm glad that I watched it. It was enjoyable enough, but I probably wouldn't watch it again.

Brighton Rock...Crap,switched off before end.Poor script not helped by actors playing Pinkie and Rose.Waste of an hour.0/10

True Grit decent with some great acting 7/10

Unknown ok film where you can see the ending coming a mile off 6/10

Three Days of The Condor - A bit dated with a terribly shot love scene, but like all Celtic fans, I'm partial to a good conspiracy thriller. 6.5/10

Winter's Bone - Excellent. Beautifully shot and acted - the young lead actress was outstanding. 8.5/10

And she looks completely different and does a good job as the young Raven in the new X-men First Class film.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2225369/

Edited by jim747

Blood Diamond 8/10

Highly enjoyable film about the diamond trade in Africa and the violence and war surrounding it.

dobmisterdobster

Rise of the Footsoldier

Great acting, story, characters. More of a gangster film than a football one but still much better than that pish Green Street.

9/10

Creepy Lurker

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest: 8/10

Hadn't actually seen this before, and it's always difficult to be anything other than disappointed when viewing a film that you're reliably informed is a 'classic'. That said, I did enjoy this.

Jambojohnnyboy

The Last Airbender - 5/10 - Visually stunning, great effects and martial artistry but missing large chunks of story and character background.

L?t den r?tte komma in (Let the Right One In)

Swedish film that has been likened to the brilliant The Devil's Backbone. This does both films a discredit as they are very different. Only similarity is that they are both magnificent.

10/10 thumbsup.gif

El espinazo del diablo (The Devil's Backbone)

Del Toro masterpiece set during the Spanish Civil War. Watch it.

10/10 thumbsup.gif

The Troll Hunter...Watched because of a thread in the Shed,crap.Honestly would back the next horse tip on this site before watching this again. :D

rudi must stay

Senna

Really enjoyed it. Some great rare footage and a real insight to an interesting man

9/10

The Beach

Great film. Some top class performances and a plot full of twists and turns

8/10

the day he earth stood still - ******* felt it watching this! 2/10

the negotiator - not too shabby, kidmans accent apart, it was a watchable enough thriller. 6/10

going to watch The Town tonight on love film. looking fwd to it.

L?t den r?tte komma in (Let the Right One In)

Swedish film that has been likened to the brilliant The Devil's Backbone. This does both films a discredit as they are very different. Only similarity is that they are both magnificent.

10/10 thumbsup.gif

El espinazo del diablo (The Devil's Backbone)

Del Toro masterpiece set during the Spanish Civil War. Watch it.

10/10 thumbsup.gif

Original Swedish film or the new American version? Loved the Swedish version, can't be assed checking out the yank version.

Napoleon  Wilson

Commando - 11/10

:thumbsup:

commando.jpg

"I'm outta the Army John and im out of the Closet"!

Original Swedish film or the new American version? Loved the Swedish version, can't be assed checking out the yank version.

Swedish. Brilliant thumbsup.gif

Have heard the American remake is quite good, but that it's a complete remake ala Nikita v The Assassin. Probably won't bother.

Hanna 8/10

Great film was hooked from the opening scene right to the end.Strange to think that Eric Bana started off as a stand up comic as he is one of the best actors about right now.