The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

PsychocAndy

Fair Game

Really Interesting, Really Good 7.5/10

Based on the true story of a CIA operative being exposed after her husband had called the White House liars when they used his evidence that there was no WMD's to claim there was.

Naomi Watts is good and the only thing I didn't like Sean Penn in was Madonna.

Say What Again

Despicable Me.

I have to admit for a kids movie, I really enjoyed it.

8/10.

Thoroughly recommend it to any of you that have wee ones.

L'Audition 7/10

Enjoyable French flick about a "debt collector" who is tired of beating people up for a living and wants to change his life by getting into acting.

Jambojohnnyboy

Recently

Something Wicked This Way Comes - 8/10 Well made movie of the Ray Bradbury classic

Footloose - 6/10 Old School teen movie that takes me back to an easier time

Timeline - 7/10 Billy Connolly is transported back in time in a movie based on Michael Crichton's book.

Mesrine Parts 1 & 2: 8.5/10 for both

Quality French film about gangster/nutter/bank robber Jacques Mesrine.

Edited by Ray Gin

Say What Again

Inception 6/10

Very disappointed, possibly because I expected the film of the century, judging by other reviews.

The concept wasn't even new, and though I could follow the story, I thought it just far too complex at times.

I missed a couple of things too:

What was meant to be the big 'Oh yeah, I get it' eureka moment at the end? Heard a couple of folk say 'right at he end it all comes clear' sort of thing. I was expecting a massive, unpredictable twist.

How did him and the old guy (Saito) just appear back on the plane? I thought Di Caprio himself had spent years and years in limbo? All of a sudden he finds the old boy and it's 'lets go home'. :huh:

If I've missed something blatantly obvious in either of these above (maybe I spoke to the cat and missed a vital sentence) please let me know as I was extremely underwhelmed.

rudi must stay

Inception 6/10

Very disappointed, possibly because I expected the film of the century, judging by other reviews.

The concept wasn't even new, and though I could follow the story, I thought it just far too complex at times.

I missed a couple of things too:

What was meant to be the big 'Oh yeah, I get it' eureka moment at the end? Heard a couple of folk say 'right at he end it all comes clear' sort of thing. I was expecting a massive, unpredictable twist.

How did him and the old guy (Saito) just appear back on the plane? I thought Di Caprio himself had spent years and years in limbo? All of a sudden he finds the old boy and it's 'lets go home'. :huh:

If I've missed something blatantly obvious in either of these above (maybe I spoke to the cat and missed a vital sentence) please let me know as I was extremely underwhelmed.

the old guy could well have been in limbo for years. Time goes slower the further you go down the levels.

Edited by rudi must stay

Say What Again

the old guy could well have been in limbo for years. Time goes slower the further you go down the levels.

Yeah, I got that part mate. He'd aged years too so I guessed he'd meant to have been there years and years. What I don't get is how Di Caprio basically just said 'C'mon, lets go', and they returned to reality.

If he (Di Caprio) could do that from Limbo, why didn't he do it when he himself was down there for 50 years with his wife?

rudi must stay

Yeah, I got that part mate. He'd aged years too so I guessed he'd meant to have been there years and years. What I don't get is how Di Caprio basically just said 'C'mon, lets go', and they returned to reality.

If he (Di Caprio) could do that from Limbo, why didn't he do it when he himself was down there for 50 years with his wife?

The two of them could have left at any time, but they were happy living there and rebuilding things. That's the way I saw it anyway

Edited by rudi must stay

Say What Again

The two of them could have left at any time, but they were happy living there and rebuilding things. That's the way I saw it anyway

Yeah, suppose that makes sense.

Still thought it was a decent film at best. The hype that surrounds it, I thought I was about to watch the cinematic masterpiece of the century!

Totally agree with this guy on IMDb. Spot on:

I saw it last night and whilst it's an entertaining piece of science fiction it's also over blown, pretentious, an hour too long and if you analyze it, it makes little or no sense.

I do tend to think that a lot of people seem to mistake complication with sophistication. It was fun, but most certainly not worthy of the extreme praise it received.

...a bit disco

Sharktopus.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1/10

Paul - Absolutely loved it and I too was laughing out loud when most were staring blankly at the screen. My era. 8/10 thumbsup.gif

True Grit - Enjoyable remake with excellent performances all round, in particular the wee girl. 7/10 thumbsup.gif

The Blind Side - A wee bit sickly in parts, but all based on a true story. Bullock is outstanding. 7/10 thumbsup.gif

Monsters Inc. - Missed this first time round, but usual enjoyable fare from Pixar with a mesage for the kids. 6.5/10 thumbsup.gif

Dambusters - The original film still makes me wonder why the need for a remake. Fabulous stuff. 9.5/10 thumbsup.gif

jackass 3 9/10

very funny :thumbsup::lol:

It's brilliant I seen it in 3D at the cinema and its probably the best thing I have seen in 3D.

rudi must stay

The Killer Inside Me

not bad. Decent acting from the cast and an ending that fitted in well with the rest of the film. Not sure the violence needed to be that graphic but there you go..

6/10

City of God. 8.5/10 Beautifully made, shows you want it's like in the slums of Brazil.

Limitless 6/10 I really enjoyed it but nothing special.

The ghost writer 6-10 Made by the same director from The Ninth Gate and you can tell it was going to be enjoyable. The story wasn't the best but It's still good.

Guest GhostHunter

Sucker Punch - spent the first 30 mins thinking WTF, then enjoying the remainder of it... Actually a decent movie 7/10

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

A Bronx Tale 6/10 - Great soundtrack, some awful acting.

Buried 7.5/10 - The concept should have bored me to death but Reynolds is superb in it and it's pretty intense from start to finish. The English boy he phones though ... :facepalm:

Shutter Island. 7.5/10

Fair play to the lad Di Caprio. After starting his career being an annoying little w@nk, he's fair raised his game. He's been in quite a few good films now that he has been decent in, this being one of them.

Edited by Ray Gin

The Killer Inside Me

not bad. Decent acting from the cast and an ending that fitted in well with the rest of the film. Not sure the violence needed to be that graphic but there you go..

6/10

It was rather brutal,

watching the delightful Miss Alba get the pretty punched out of her when she was brutally murdered was particularly grim. Her poor wee beautiful face. :( :(

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Dog Tooth - 8/10 - Weird as anything, plenty sex and in Greek (?). Deffo try and see it. :thumbsup:

The girl who played with fire and The girl who kicked a hornets nest.Enjoyed both watched dragon tattoo last year,all thee worth a watch if you liked the books.8 for all three.

The kids are alright good,worth a watch.7

Napoleon  Wilson

Control

Very sad film as you know how it will end, but brilliant none the less.

9/10

Harry Palmer

Dunkirk

John Mills /Dickie Attenborough

8/10

Also reading a book about it....

Essential Killing.....A film that you will either like or hate,its about an escaped Taliban prisoner who escapes somewhere in Eastern Europe and his struggles to survive.One scene that will more than likely be talked about more than others,won't spoil it for you,I'm in the like camp of this film.8/10.