The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

rossthejambo

Just Go With It: Story wise, fairly predictable. Thought it was pretty funny though, although if you don't like Adam Sandler films then you won't like it. Some good talent on show though which bumps it up from a 6 to a 7/10 :thumbsup:

rudi must stay

Due Date

Average, it has a promising start then slows down and gets boring.

6/10

Edited by rudi must stay

Jambojohnnyboy

Observe and Report - 5/10 I'm not entirely sure what I think about this movie to be honest.

Electra Glide In Blue - 8/10 They just don't make movies like this anymore, a cult classic that deserves to be seen by a wider audience.

Nomads - 7/10 What John McTiernan did prior to Die Hard and Predator, not a convincing French accent though by Pierce Brosnan. A nice little thriller.

buried 9/10

Ryan Reynolds performance is awesome, considering it is him in a coffin for 90 mins

I thought it was only ok but you could tell the ending from a mile away.The guy told him he was no more than a couple of feet under ground as soon as the sand started coming the through that box I would have been bursting through that ######.

Just watched Tim Burtons 'Alice in WonderLand'.

Complete and utter shyte. Dodgy CGI, no laughs, crap british cast and Johnny Depp.

2/10 - avoid.

Rupert Pupkin

RANGO- Went to see last night with the wife and kids,has a good few laugh out loud moments, an animated Hunter S Thompson in the SHARK with Oscar Acosta and Clint Eastwood .For that alone it gets 8/10. :thumbsup:

Chris Benoit

I thought it was only ok but you could tell the ending from a mile away.The guy told him he was no more than a couple of feet under ground as soon as the sand started coming the through that box I would have been bursting through that ######.

use the ******* spoiler tags :angry:

Gary the Tennis Coach.

Weird, bizarre and I would imagine a 'flop' but I found it sufficiently silly to find it rather funny!

rossthejambo

Taken - Saw it on channel 4 on Saturday night, was quite impressed although kind of expected more considering the reviews I'd heard when it came out. Still decent though. Definitely wouldn't fancy challenging Liam Neeson to a fight. - 7/10

PsychocAndy

Adjustment Bureau - surprisingly good great ! 7/10

I'm quite looking forward to that may watch it 2nite

Adjustment Bureau - surprisingly good great ! 7/10

Is it like the poster says Bourne meets Inception as every film Damon seems to be on now it's always Bourne meets ....

use the ******* spoiler tags :angry:

Sorry was on the iPhone and have no idea how to do that.I'm not really spoiling much though.

Guest GhostHunter

Is it like the poster says Bourne meets Inception as every film Damon seems to be on now it's always Bourne meets ....

Not really - it's it's own film.

:)

Anyway - Drive Angry.....pfft the story was obviously written whilst on the pan doing a dump. Absolutely horrifically bad. 1/10

rudi must stay

The Aviator

Throughly enjoyed this film, great actors at their best and, despite it being quite a long film, a fast moving plot.

8/10

...a bit disco

Jonah Hex.

Entertaining cowboy, supernatural, super hero movie.

7/10

Jambojohnnyboy

Sasori - Prisoner 701 6/10 - A Hong Kong/Japanese revenge movie, remade following several other versions apparently. A bit like Kill Bill. Some of the fight scenes are impressive but there was a bit too much wire work I thought.

...a bit disco

Going to watch this tonight just for the poster!:thumbsup:

rampagef.jpg

"A man with a thirst for revenge builds a full body armor from Kevlar and goes on a killing spree."

Cool!

Drive angry

Over the top black comedy starring Nicholas Cage, about a guy who escapes hell to avenge the killing of his daughter/save his granddaughter from an evil cult. The leader of the cult (guy from season 2 of 24 who is the dad of the family that Kim Bauer is an au-pair for) wants to start the apocalypse by sacrificing the granddaughter.

Very poor 3/10

Harry Palmer

Highlander

8/10

Christopher Lambert- French guy playing a Scot....

Sean Connery as a Spaniard.

Clancy Brown as The Kurgan. A fantastic role to play and an enjoyable one one too. :thumbsup:

Chuck in the great music and we have a winner. :)

Guest GhostHunter

It was better than Skyline - but a poor rip off of District 9....

Good for switching your brain off for 90mins though !

Anyway - Season of the Witch - :ninja: :down:/10

Red.Enjoyable nonsense starring Bruce Willis,Helen Mirren,John Malkovich,Morgan Freeman,Brian Cox and Mary-Louise Parker.7/10

The Expendables same as the above but with all the action heroes.7/10

Four Lions.Best film i have seen for a while.LOL moments throughout the film with Barry being one of my favourite characters in a movie recently.9/10

True Grit - brilliant. Proper sunday matinee type cowboy film. 8/10

Skyline - Absolute ******* horseshit. Crap acting, dialogue, effects and storyline. Its genuinely complete rubbish. Avoid. 0/10.

Rick Grimes

Never Let Me Go.

very understated movie but an absolute cracker & by far the best treatment of the whole "clones" issue I've seen yet (that's not much of a spoiler btw) - but don't bother if you need a car chase in every film you see like half the user reviews I've read :)

Guy at work went last night and said it was pretty good too.

It was a mix between Cloverfield and District 9. That's the best way to describe it.

Note though that I didn't like Cloverfield but this has what that was missing.

Animal Kingdom.....Great film,superb acting all round,loved the part when the mother showed her true colours.9/10

The Mechanic....Good action flick 7/10

Watched both on my phone on the train to Manchester and back,think on a long journey you are more than likely to enjoy a film more.

Chris Benoit

let me in 7/10

Now question time, what do you guys recommend, Let the Right one in or Let Me In?

I realise both are more than likely near identical so don't see the point watching both and subtitles don't bother me in the slightest so that won't be an issue

Now question time, what do you guys recommend, Let the Right one in or Let Me In?

I realise both are more than likely near identical so don't see the point watching both and subtitles don't bother me in the slightest so that won't be an issue

i think i preferred the original myself but there`s not much between them.

Linha de Passe 7/10

About a poverty stricken family of 4 brothers and their single mother, struggling to better their lives in Sao Paulo.