The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Fraggle Rock

Now You See Me 2

Solid 8/10 from me.

Not as good as the first one but keeps you guessing all the same, took a point off for no Isla Fisher in this one  :thumbsdown:  :veryangry2:

Edited by EH17

Bad Neighbours 2.

Alright, not as good as the first one. Few good gags. 5/10

chester copperpot

Suicide squad.

3/10

Absolute garbage and the only good thing about it was Margot Robbie.

Was really my movie of the year however it was bollocks. Jared Leto as the joker was a big let down as well.

While We're Young - funny comedy-drama about getting old and being young. Good cast - Ben Stiller, Naomi Watts, Adam Driver and Ad-Rock from the Beastie Boys. 8/10

David Brent life on the road, 6.5/10. I'll always love Ricky gervais for what comedy he has created but the laughs were too sporadic, but when they came they were hysterical. Bit too much of a similar vibe to the end of the xmas specials, as great as they were. If you like gervais see it.

Suicide squad.

3/10

Absolute garbage and the only good thing about it was Margot Robbie.

Was really my movie of the year however it was bollocks. Jared Leto as the joker was a big let down as well.

All of this for me apart from Jared. He was given nothing to work with. You can't be the joker without focus, drive, a target, he had no purpose, no sinister plans to get into the mind of bats and kill Gotham for example. I liked his laugh but he had nothing to use it on of any substance.

Hopefully they give him the batfleck film to show his version properly.

Shanks said no

Concussion

7/10

I am unsure about my rating for this one. Part enjoyable and part irritating. Will Smith plays an African doctor to the max and revels in the accent a wee bit too much. Really good shocking & true story though about American Football.

Pop star- never stop never stopping, 7/10. Andy samberg with loads of celebs taking the piss out of American pop, and pop stars in a documentary style. Some real funny moments.

Shanks said no

How to Be Single

3/10

What a waste of Rebel Wilson, many more films like this will blur any talent she had and get her into the overrated actress list. Maybe more suited at teen girls and 20 something females.

A few good scenes - sauna and the doorway scene at Rebel's apartment - got it a generous 3 out of 10. 

Currently watching the Godfather, UHD remastered version on SkyQ, actually quite scary that they can do that so well to such an old film.

Rudolf's Mate

Finest Hours 7/10

Well worth watching and quite enjoyable despite being a bit cheesy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Carl Fredrickson

I too watched Concussion last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. I am not a Will Smith fan by any means but thought he played his part very well.

Very frustrating that the NFL were in denial for so long. Had a bit of a rage watching it. 

8/10 for me

What if. 7.5/10

A kinda rom com in the mould of 500 days of summer. Starring Daniel Radcliffe whos really good in this. Adam Driver aka Kylo Ren plays his over the top mate the girl from Halt and catch fire and Robb Starks wife are also in it.

Rudolf's Mate

Pete's Dragon - 9/10

Wasn't expecting too much tbh however thought it was brilliant. Would possibly have given it 10 if I hadn't missed the beginning due to being dispatched to pick up the popcorn etc :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Princess bride 9/10

Loved it as a kid watch it a couple of times a year. Andre the giant Mandy Patinkin from homeland playing Inigo montoya and Cary Elwes as the Hero Westley and dread pirate Roberts. Billy Crystal and Peter Cook.

Love the theory that the grandad telling the story is in fact Dread pirate Roberts.

rudi must stay

Mission Impossible Rogue Nation

A really tough film to follow. But plenty of cool performances and interesting scenes

7/10

Shanks said no

Risen

5/10

Not an old school epic but a good biblical tale based around the Roman Tribune at the Crucifixion. 

Bad moms

7/10

Sounds like a dreadful film and I wouldn't normally watch such a clich?d chick flick but it was actually quite funny. Very funny in places

Mothers Day

3/10

(Can you tell the wife has found out how to work Kodi)

Errr yes. Don't bother with this unless you like Aniston with a wee bit of weight and some wrinkles

Rudolf's Mate

Jason Bourne 7/10

I might be being a wee bit generous. Decent film worth watching however at 2hrs long come the end you were willing it to hurry up and end.

Cafe Society 7/10

So 30 years ago I said I wouldn't watch any Woody Allen film. But why not.

Pleasant, visually impressive set mainly in Hollywood and also New York with bored nephew (Jesse Eisenberg) of film agent (Steve Carell) getting chance to hobnob with the rich and famous.

Basically a romantic story with Kristen Stewart surprisingly good but with side stories of Hollywood fame, family, mob and running Jewish in jokes.

I enjoyed it.

Captain America: Cival War 7/10

By far my fav movies in the Avengers series but its all getting a little overkill with Superhero movies this was good but not on the same level as Winter Soldier.

Shanks said no

Son Of Saul

7.5/10

Wrong film at the wrong time, don't watch if like me you are having a hard time as this certainly won't cheer you up, its not meant to. Harrowing concentration camp story. 

War Dogs 7/10

A curious film. A film about actual events especially like in war can seem a bit like a documentary at times. Certainly better not to know the story too well beforehand.

It's well done though. Bradley Cooper is (near) comic genius playing a serious part. The two main characters do well and it's edge of the seat stuff as they make it up as they go along getting money out of US war /defence contracts. It was less funny and more serious than I expected. But worth it.

The main man in real life is actually suing the filmakers for stealing his script so see how that turns out. So quite true to events then.

Edited by Mikey1874

Shanks said no

River

7/10

Rossif Sutherland (Donald's son) as a US doctor working in Laos. He goes drinking and things go a wee bit wrong and he ends up on the run. Watched with someone just back from there and he said it was realistic!

Free State Of Jones

7.5/10

Really enjoyed this -   A Confederate army deserter ( Matthew McConaughey)  leads a militia of deserters, runaway slaves, and women against a corrupt Confederate government.

Warcraft

I struggle to watch any film without getting distracted these days unless I'm in the cinema. Last night was no different as I watched Warcraft so probably can't give a fair assessment unless I watch it again.

Provisionally a 5.5/10 though, disappointed with the bits I did see.

Edited by Poseidon

Shanks said no

Boulevard

8/10

One of Robin Williams last films, what a waste. He plays it straight (well not) as bank employee who appears to be having a mid life crisis. A very melancholy movie and sad in so many ways.

Shanks said no

The Choice

4/10

Based on the best seller by Nicholas Sparks. Romantic tale of 2 neighbours in a small town in North Carolina who meet in unfortunate circumstances when one gets the others dog pregnant. One for the ladies / teen girls.

I watched the counsellor tonight, I don't watch many films, I'm sure it's been reviewed, but what a load of shite that was.

2/10 car scene gives it the 2.

rudi must stay

Anthropoid

A thriller about an assasination attempt on Himmler. Im a fan of Cillian Murphy as I think he has definate talent, and he puts in the sort of performance you expect from him now, as does Jamie Dorman who I hadn't seen before. It is a well put together movie with some scenes that stay with you

9/10

" Irrational man" . 

Starring Emma Stone and Joachim Phoenix and directed by Woody Allen. This was really good. A weird thriller similar to Allens " Matchpoint" and similar to the old Hitchcock classic " strangers on a train".  It is funny at times but definately dark comedy,

8/10 

as an aside is there really a better director/ writer than Allen?  He really does one quality film after another. What a legacy. 

Shanks said no

The Jungle Book (2016)

5/10

Where were the bl00dy songs? OK there was Bare Necessities but little else. Version we watched also seemed to be part 3D so looked odd when viewing. Was looking forward to this and felt let down.

The Jungle Book (2016)

5/10

Where were the bl00dy songs? OK there was Bare Necessities but little else. Version we watched also seemed to be part 3D so looked odd when viewing. Was looking forward to this and felt let down.

felt the same.

Where was the bloody elephant parade?

Shanks said no

Sing Street

8/10

A wee gem IMHO. Really surprised by this Dublin film about a band forming in 80's Ireland. Lost its way a little bit 2nd half but had elements of Moon Boy and the In-betweeners. Look out for Littlefinger (Aidan Gillen) as the dad. Soundtrack includes Stay Clean ? Mot?rhead, Rio ? Duran Duran, Town Called Malice ? The Jam, In Between Days ? The Cure, Maneater ? Hall & Oates, Steppin' Out ? Joe Jackson & Pop Muzik ? M 

The Shallows

2/10

Pish - rewatch Jaws instead

Awwwwww **** sake man!

I swear I came on here to say it would be great if we had a thread whereby people could ask of a film was decent. The film I've just started (5 mins in) is The Shallows! Already I'm fecked off with the phone visuals on the screen when she's responding to a text!

Cheers for the heads up though [emoji1303]

Shanks said no

The Trust

4/10

Nicolas Cage and Elijah Wood star, set in Las Vegas about 2 cops gone bad. If there is nothing on the TV and you want a basic crime thriller then this will do. Nicolas Cage is finished though.