The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

rudi must stay

Shark Tale

Decent film. Liked the Sopranos feel at times, I didn't expect that in a kids movie. And I thought Will Smith put in an entertaining performance

7/10

Dr Strange in 3D/4DX.

Had never heard of this character, but was fairly entertaining. Not a patch on Deadpool.

6/10

First time for 4DX for me. Hilarious, annoying, painful at times, but very enjoyable. Would be shite for a lot of films, but worked for this.

8/10

Dr Strange in 3D/4DX.

Had never heard of this character, but was fairly entertaining. Not a patch on Deadpool.

6/10

First time for 4DX for me. Hilarious, annoying, painful at times, but very enjoyable. Would be shite for a lot of films, but worked for this.

8/10

Was at the Star Trek Experience in Vegas years ago when it had this.Was really good in a 15min session dont know how it would be for a full length film.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - Pre-screening It was okay some nice effects but the story seemed a bit disjointed and it was just too long. Overall a bit disappointing  7/10

Draft Day - 6.5/10

Funnily enough about Draft Day in the NFL. Niche film, if you are into NFL you'll probably enjoy/get through it; if you aren't you won't. 

6/10 for plot, easily guessable what will happen in general but a few surprises. 

Extra .5 for Jennifer Garner. 

rudi must stay

Sleuth

A very poncy movie with Michael Caine and Jude Law putting in decent shifts. The money must have been very good, I did like the set/house though. That made it visually an interesting film

5/10

luckyBatistuta

Draft Day - 6.5/10

Funnily enough about Draft Day in the NFL. Niche film, if you are into NFL you'll probably enjoy/get through it; if you aren't you won't.

6/10 for plot, easily guessable what will happen in general but a few surprises.

Extra .5 for Jennifer Garner.

Cheers bud, going to try and find this right now on Kodi. Hopefully report back with a score tomorrow :thumbsup: Edited by luckyBatistuta

Shanks said no

Dirty 30

3/10

That's a generous 3 as well. You've guessed it someone is going to be 30, she reminisced, she wonders where her life has gone wrong, her two girlfriends throw her a party. Can't be bothered wasting more time summarising this twaddle.

luckyBatistuta

Draft Day

Enjoyed it being an NFL fan. Film was a good little insight into the whole event unfolding. Two things I would say that aren't right about the film though.

1/ Where were all the boos when Roger Goodell took the stage.

2/ There's no ####### way those guys would be smiling knowing that they were being drafted to the Cleveland Browns.

7/10

Allied - Wasn't expecting much from this but was very pleasantly surprised. Great story, decent action and a wee bit Romance. 8/10

Shanks said no

The Greasy Strangler

can't decide / 10

I can honestly say this was one of the oddest, vilest, shocking, odd, weirdly brilliant films I have ever seen. Not for the squeamish or easily offended. Best described as a comedy horror centred around a middle-aged bloke who lives with his grumpy father and together they run a small tour business in L.A. A female enters their life and it sparks a bitter competition for her affections between father and son.

luckyBatistuta

The Greasy Strangler

can't decide / 10

I can honestly say this was one of the oddest, vilest, shocking, odd, weirdly brilliant films I have ever seen. Not for the squeamish or easily offended. Best described as a comedy horror centred around a middle-aged bloke who lives with his grumpy father and together they run a small tour business in L.A. A female enters their life and it sparks a bitter competition for her affections between father and son.

Got me intrigued :lol: will report back bud.

Captain Fantastic....After a slow start I really enjoyed this movie.

Funny and sad the struggles of a father trying to raise his 6 kids alone in his so called paradise environment.8/10

North Berwick Jambo

Hunt for the Wilderpeople 8.5/10

Went on what people were saying on here and I wasn't disappointed. Brilliant watch and had me in stitches in bits.

I saw the reviews on here and decided to watch it as well. What a great movie! I loved it, i was poorless at times and it's probably my favourite of 2016 so far.

8.5/10

Edited by Ibiza Jambo

David Brent: Life On The Road - wasn't expecting much as, after Extras, I've had little time for Gervais but it was surprisingly good. Not at the genius levels of The Office but some nice pathos and some very funny moments. 7/10

Amanda Knox - very interesting documentary about you know who. Well worth watching. 8/10

Hypernormalisation - new Adam Curtis doc (on iPlayer) about reality and our current political situation. The best film I've seen this year. 10/10

jack D and coke

Hypernormalisation - new Adam Curtis doc (on iPlayer) about reality and our current political situation. The best film I've seen this year. 10/10

I'd forgotten about that. Nice one[emoji1360]

Shanks said no

Imperium

5/10

Daniel Radcliffe starts the film as a bespectacled nerd working for the US government, very HPish, he is then transformed into a small skinhead neo-Nazi working undercover to crush the American far right. Didn't work for me although the subject matter was interesting in current circumstances.

Dr. Strange. 6.5/10

Brilliant effects, great cast, not a great plot.

Good run in for other Dr Strange films though.

Mechanic Resurrected 7.5/10

A Jason Statham film, nuff said.

The stunts were great.

The action was great

Statham was Statham.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

Arrival

8/10

A cross between 2001 A Space Odyssey and Don't Look Now though the story is different. Reviews describe it as 'psychological' which = quite intense.

Unwilling to say much more as might spoil. It is a bit different and it's certainly not Independence Day.

It does follow the formula of being pretty slow then the big reveal happens fairly quickly.

Strong performances from Amy Adams and Jeremy Renner with Forest Whitaker having put on some weight.

It's also about Time and how maybe...

Shanks said no

Florence Foster Jenkins

1/10

I rarely comment on films I don't finish watching but I had to switch this off and would be interested to know if I missed anything. Meryl Streep and Hugh Grant star. Lovey film about an old bursd who couldn't sing and was painfully unfunny.

Well KBers what did I miss?

Watched "Oblivion" with Tom Cruise on the plane back from Canada. Decent enough without being amazing. Plots a bit ropey in places but the special effects are good and TC does what he does.

6/10

Shanks said no

Whisky Tango Foxtrot

6/10

Film about an American journalist working as a war correspondent in Afghanistan and Pakistan during Operation Enduring Freedom. Interesting to see things from a non military and female angle. Gave it a bonus point for Alfred Molina's performance, loved him as the dodgy politician but then had to take two off again for Martin Freeman playing a Scotsman with a prop that just plain irritated me.

Arrival

I'm not sure if it's a 1/10 or an 8/10.

Can't really comment because I wouldn't want to give anything away.

Despite the vague 1/10 review, I do recommend people to go watch it.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot

6/10

Film about an American journalist working as a war correspondent in Afghanistan and Pakistan during Operation Enduring Freedom. Interesting to see things from a non military and female angle. Gave it a bonus point for Alfred Molina's performance, loved him as the dodgy politician but then had to take two off again for Martin Freeman playing a Scotsman with a prop that just plain irritated me.

Watch Only The Dead the Michael Ware Documentary

Imperium 

7/10

Harry Potter (or the actor that plays him whose name I can't remember) goes undercover to infiltrate gangs of white supremacists and investigate potential acts of terrorism.

Edited by Ray Gin

Doctor Strange 7/10

I'm not sure about it, it was very slow and the music reminded me too much of star trek. it was ok possibly didn't work as a stand alone character for me but as part of the avengers would be better

LSD Eindhoven

Hatton Garden Job - 0/10

When I heard they were making a film about the robbery I was confident it would be half decent, however, it's one of the worst films I've seen and my mrs has made me/forced me/bribed me (with the promise of a BJ)to watch some pish over the years!

Grim!

Dagger Is Back

Hatton Garden Job - 0/10

When I heard they were making a film about the robbery I was confident it would be half decent, however, it's one of the worst films I've seen and my mrs has made me/forced me/bribed me (with the promise of a BJ)to watch some pish over the years!

Grim!

Your Mrs bribes you with a BJ to watch shit on TV? **** me, after years of I'm a Celebrity, X factor et all, I'd die a happy man.

LSD Eindhoven

Your Mrs bribes you with a BJ to watch shit on TV? **** me, after years of I'm a Celebrity, X factor et all, I'd die a happy man.

Unfortunately doesn't happen often enough.

Hell or High Water 7.5/10 

'Toby is a divorced father who's trying to make a better life for his son. His brother Tanner is an ex-convict with a short temper and a loose trigger finger. Together, they plan a series of heists against the bank that's about to foreclose on their family ranch. Standing in their way is Marcus, a Texas Ranger who's only weeks away from retirement. As the siblings plot their final robbery, they must also prepare for a showdown with a crafty lawman who's not ready to ride off into the sunset.'

Enjoyed this film with Jeff Bridges stealing the show as the Texas Ranger. Chris Pine puts in a decent performance too. 

Suicide Squad extended version 8.5/10

Harley is better as is Joker. Only an extra 13 minutes mostly Leto scenes. Still dont see what made Boomerang come back after he bolted at the bar though.

Still dont see what made Boomerang come back after he bolted at the bar though.

Not seen the film, but his name would certainly suggest that it is in his nature.

Shanks said no

ID2 Shadwell Army

3/10

I remember the original 20 years ago and someone must have thought it was a good idea to make a new one. I can imagine the writers sitting round and working on the new angle, "how can we bring it up to date?", lets make the hooligan, infiltrating a far right English football firm, an Asian Muslim. Yes that will work. Well it didn't and it ended with the most jumbled up football firm film ever, although some of the violence / pub scenes did ring true.

Watched Pete's Dragon (the new one) with the wee man.

Loved it. Typical Disney Movie. Pretend your 9 and the world is all good!

8/10.

Shanks said no

The Beatles: Eight Days a Week - The Touring Years        

7/10

Not a huge fan but a good documentary by Ron Howard. Covered the mania that spread worldwide and how they basically became a freak show. Was hoping Edinburgh Spring 64 would have featured (I was there, in my heavily pregnant mothers stomach) but it didn't.

Allied 8/10

It's a love story with lots of stuff set in war.

Brad Pitt - always I can't take him seriously but then realise that he can actually act.

Marion Cotillard is brilliant as ever. And it is directed by Robert Zemeckis.

Now reviews I've seen have very critical with words like 'disappointing'. But they miss the point focusing too much on the spy story.

This is a love story.

Carl Fredrickson

Allied 8/10

It's a love story with lots of stuff set in war.

Brad Pitt - always I can't take him seriously but then realise that he can actually act.

Marion Cotillard is brilliant as ever. And it is directed by Robert Zemeckis.

Now reviews I've seen have very critical with words like 'disappointing'. But they miss the point focusing too much on the spy story.

This is a love story.

I havent seen this film yet but I agree with your sentiments Re Brad Pitt. I wouldnt say he was a great actor or one of my favourites BUT there are so many films that he is in that I have enjoyed and he has been great in. 

Does that make sense?

I havent seen this film yet but I agree with your sentiments Re Brad Pitt. I wouldnt say he was a great actor or one of my favourites BUT there are so many films that he is in that I have enjoyed and he has been great in.

Does that make sense?

Yeah agree

He has something

Shanks said no

The BFG

6/10

Not my sort of film but reasonable romp based the Roald Dahl story. Directed by Steven Spielberg so impressively shot. Start and finish where the "giant" bits were more apparant were the best bits.