The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

PsychocAndy

Jason Bourne 7/10

It's Bourne - Paul Greengrass

Fast, slick, in line with previous but possibly more close to ethos.

Links to his dad as basis for story.

Ends well and keeps open for more.

Loses a point for an OTT car chase near the end.

Agree with this.

Carl Fredrickson

10 Cloverfield Lane. 

Preferred this to Cloverfield. Decent movie to fill in a couple of hours. John Goodman was very good in it. A couple of twists to keep me interested. 

6/10 

By the light

The Whistleblower 8/10

Quite a difficult watch at times. A story that I wasn't aware of and needs telling re UN abuse post Bosnian war. Big fan of Rachel Weisz

Shanks said no

Triple 9

5/10

Tense cops are robbers thriller. Strange for me to say but I thought it was too violent and I am unsure how it was only a 15. Felt that it was violent for the sake of it and guns and bombs going off continuously.

Shanks said no

Grimsby

8.5/10

Will not be everyone's cup of tea but I loved it. SBC and Mark Strong great in lead and added bonus of a well known support cast including Rebel Wilson. Far fetched, crude as possible but hilarious if you have a sick sense of humour. 

Elephants.

The BFG.

Took the boy to the pictures this afternoon to watch The BFG, stunning!! Loved it.

9-10.

Carl Fredrickson

Grimsby

8.5/10

Will not be everyone's cup of tea but I loved it. SBC and Mark Strong great in lead and added bonus of a well known support cast including Rebel Wilson. Far fetched, crude as possible but hilarious if you have a sick sense of humour. 

Elephants.

I watched this last night too. I thought the film was rubbish BUT 3 or 4 absolutely side splittingly funny  scenes. Poor acting, poor script but very, very , very funny. 

Should be a 4 or 5 but I would give it 7 for the humour. 

Shanks said no

London has Fallen

3/10

Really did not like this. Gave it a point or two extra for the special effects. 

luckyBatistuta

London has Fallen

3/10

Really did not like this. Gave it a point or two extra for the special effects.

C'mon G&G, it wasn't that good :lol:

I'd give it 1/10 absolutely awful movie with some of the worst acting that I've seen for a while.

Shanks said no

C'mon G&G, it wasn't that good :lol:

I'd give it 1/10 absolutely awful movie with some of the worst acting that I've seen for a while.

You are probably right, 2/10 was probably more accurate, it was odd watching places I had been to blowing up though!

anyway back to business

The Look of Silence

7/10

Joshua Oppenheimer directs another documentary about Indonesian genocide. Having been shocked and blown away by his previous film the Art of Killing this did not have the same effect. It was shocking though. Difficult to put into words how you feel after watching it, so many things that were and are just so wrong in this country and despite wanting to visit as many countries in the world that I can Indonesia will be low down on the list. Murderers laughing as they describe how and why they killed "communists" and drank their blood. A very difficult watch.

Suicide Squad 8/10

I liked it but didnt love it.Non stop action and no overly long boring back stories.Joker hmmm bit of a letdown but always going to be hard to compete for Leto.

chester copperpot

The do over.

Don't do it. Only slightly better than Jack and Jill but Sandler has flopped horrendously since the late 90's.

2/10 awful film

Rudolf's Mate

Finding Dory - 7

Enjoyable and kids loved it.

The Nice Guys - 8

Really good film. Some real LOL moments.

Secret Life of Pets - 7

Again really good film for the kids.

Malinga the Swinga

Watched 'The Crow' again last night. Forgot just how good this was and most enjoyable seeing again. 8 out of ten.

Watched 'The Crow' again last night. Forgot just how good this was and most enjoyable seeing again. 8 out of ten.

still one of my favourite films, it still shocks me a bit that rochelle davis who played sarah had to do a couple of scenes the day after brandon lee died with a body double. i would have thought stopping production for a period of time would have happened

Just finished watching Requiem for a Dream.

Had heard of the title before but had no idea what it was about.

Wow! Pretty sad, tragic and hard viewing in bits but some good performances. 8/10

Now for something a little less intense

Room - pretty grim story but well handled by the director and very well acted. Brie Larson was excellent but thought William H Macy was underused; thought his character basically disappearing was a misstep. 8/10

Miles Ahead - biopic of Miles Davis focusing on his latter career. Not what I expected but very enjoyable with Don Cheadle and Ewan MacGregor both very good. 8/10

I'm looking forward to getting the chance to see Miles Ahead.

It's good Taz. Some music biopics can be a bit worthy but alongside the music, there's some quality drug and booze induced japes. Great work from Don Cheadle who acted, wrote and directed it.

Generic Username

Suicide Squad was dugmeat. 2/10

Terribly written, awful pacing and some cheap looking CGI in places. Plus no idea how to deal with tone. DC need to give up the ghost and have a fresh start.

chester copperpot

Suicide Squad was dugmeat. 2/10

Terribly written, awful pacing and some cheap looking CGI in places. Plus no idea how to deal with tone. DC need to give up the ghost and have a fresh start.

Awww man no. My 2 big movies this year were Superman v Batman and this. Both garbage by the looks of it.

Gutted.

Dawn of Justice ultimate edition.

Extra 30 mins and i enjoyed it. 7.5/10.

Never saw the other version but i dont get the hate for this. Pretty accurate to the Frank Miller Dark knight returns in parts. Sometimes think folk want DC to produce more kid friendly Marvel esque movies.

...a bit disco

Criminal

Kevin Costner does psycho radgepacket pretty well in this UK based thriller.

Impressive cast list but didn't quite fulfill it's potential.

7/10

Ryan Jarman

Just finished watching Requiem for a Dream.

Had heard of the title before but had no idea what it was about.

Wow! Pretty sad, tragic and hard viewing in bits but some good performances. 8/10

Now for something a little less intense

Watched that for the first time on a come down. Honestly nearly broke me :lol:

Shanks said no

The Revenant

8/10

Very good but just way too long at 2 hrs 36 minutes. Scenery and cinematography are exceptional. 

Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse.

8/10, good laugh in a childish sort of way but we'll worth the watch.

Shanks said no

The Big Short

8/10

Stylish and quirky docu film on the banking crisis. Can't be the easiest subject to make an interesting and enthralling movie but the director succeeds. Four big hitters Christian Bale, Steve Carell, Brad Pitt and Ryan Gosling, with Bale shining through for me.

Batman vs Superman 5/10

Overly long boring and confusing.Actual gets ok for the last 1 and a half hours but the first 1 and a half hours are garbage.

Shanks said no

Reckless

8/10

US story of a successful federal prosecutor with aspirations for a political future, happily married for a number of years  when temptation starts to strike. OK I'll be honest, I got it! and the film made uncomfy viewing at times.There are flaws which included the sound / accents but an enjoyable movie.

Fraggle Rock

The Legend of Tarzan (2016) -  5/10 ....Hmm not as good as I thought it would be ,some of the cgi was horrendous.

Demolition     7.5/10  Enjoyed it.

Batman v Superman...... 2/10     feck me gave up after 45 mins , should have went with my first thoughts and binned it after 10 mins.

The Legend of Tarzan (2016) - 5/10 ....Hmm not as good as I thought it would be ,some of the cgi was horrendous.

Demolition 7.5/10 Enjoyed it.

Batman v Superman...... 2/10 feck me gave up after 45 mins , should have went with my first thoughts and binned it after 10 mins.

You had at least another 45mins before anything happened in Batman v Superman.The whole movie made little sense to me especially the first hour and a half then you have an hour and a half of action.

The Boy

6/10

not the worst I've ever seen but these films need plenty to keep you on the edge of your seat and sadly it just didn't have enough of that which is a shame as it showed some promise.

Gets an extra point for starring Lauren Cohan(Maggie from The Walking Dead).

Edited by iantjambo

Hail Caesar! - one of the Coen's period comedies. Great cast, looks great and funny in bits. 7/10

Demolition - existential drama with Jake Gyllenhaal as a rich guy whose wife dies, sending him into a downward spiral. A bit odd yet somewhat cliched but I really liked it. 8/10

Pan - 9/10 Fantastic!!! Highly recommended and perfectly sets up the sequel!.

Not sure its getting a sequel as it bombed at the box office.

Paddington - 6/10 Enjoyed it more than I thought, probably laughed more because the wee guy was creasing himself.

Not sure its getting a sequel as it bombed at the box office.

I thought it was great and the boy loved it!! Hope it does get a sequel, it's set up for it.

Creed 8/10

Michael B Jordan great in this. Liked him in a few movies and also The Wire and Friday night lights.

Stallone as well really good.

Me Before You - 'Er indoors is on the blob and we watched it to keep her happy. He goes through with the euthanasia. There saved you 2 hours. 2/10

One mark for 2 hours of Emilia Clarke's face and one for random appearance of Philomena Cunk actress Diane Morgan which was my highlight of the film.

Shanks said no

Eye in the Sky

8/10

Got round to watching it and could see why others raved about it. All I will say is the soldiers I know are not as soft as those in the film. Very good though.