The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Riddley Walker

Amanda Knox - 8/10

I knew a lot about this case already and didn't really learn anything new but it re-inforced my opinion that the lead prosecutor is an absolute scumbag and an idiot. There was absolutely zero evidence connecting Knox and Sollecito to the case apart from "she was acting weird" and basically made-up DNA evidence. Absolute shambles from the Italian legal system.

Sully....Really enjoyed the movie but found out a lot of it is made up.

8/10

Watched this last night and really enjoyed it; I'd agree that it was an 8/10. I fully exoect that they usef a bit of dramatic licence at times but which bits were made up?

Almost 20 years after its release I finally got round to watching 'Titanic'. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it to be honest. The last hour or so was brilliant.

8/10

One More Time With Feeling - documentary around the recording of Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds' Skeleton Tree album. Which coincided with the death of his son. As a result, the films about grief as it is about music. Raw and sad but very good. 8/10

Tangerines - good anti-war film set in post-Soviet Georgia. Was nominated for best foreign language Oscar in 2015. Well worth watching and currently on Sky. 8/10

Almost 20 years after its release I finally got round to watching 'Titanic'. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it to be honest. The last hour or so was brilliant.

8/10

Same. I saw about 20 mins many years ago and decided it wasn't for me. Finally watched the full film the other night and I actually enjoyed it. I didn't think the modern day parts added anything though, could have done without them.

7.5/10 from me.

rudi must stay

Oz The Great and Powerful

Big fan of James Franco as I like his charismatic acting style. Does a great job in a very creative kids film

7/10

rudi must stay

There are another 2 and lots of shorts too. My son loves it but it my love for it has gone due to over watching.

2 and 3 seem very samey. I watched the spin off - Penguins of Madagascar. Good fun film and with some legends - John Malkovic and Benedict Cumberbatch - both playing their parts excellently. Story is good too

8/10

Been limited to lying on the couch through illness so been watching lots of movies:

Sean of the Dead

6/10

Some funny moments, but not enough.

Surf's Up

3/10

Animated drivel about surfing penguins.

The Raid

7.5/10

Top Indonesian martial arts film, some great fight scenes.

Into The Wild

8/10

Slow paced but enjoyable film about a naive college graduate who decides to ditch society and live on his own in the wild

Batman Begins 

8.5/10

Still a great watch at the third time of asking. 

rudi must stay

The Lion King

What can you say, a classic in animation terms. Great film considering its age, nearly 30 years old

10/10

Edited by rudi must stay

Eight Days A Week 5/10...Disappointed with this.

Surprised at the the amount of cover versions they showed for the live footage.

Got the beatlemania thing and the pressure they were under but I was expecting a lot more in the studio and their own songs.

Surely there is better footage and interviews than what was showed in this.

Eventually got round to Suicide Squad. Nowhere near as bad as some people made out. And clearly the start of DC trying to catch Marvel up which could lead to some great films.

The Raid 2

8.5/10

One of the rare cases of a sequel being better than its predecessor. Epic.

The stars new one Headshot looks good as well and Raid 3 is coming.Just cant beat them for action films at the moment.

The stars new one Headshot looks good as well and Raid 3 is coming.Just cant beat them for action films at the moment.

Will check out Headshot, cheers.

Last I heard, Raid 3 isn't happening any time soon unfortunately.

Just watched Hunt for the Wilderpeople with my 11 year old son.

We both laughed so much. He almost cried at the boer /dog scene.

10/10 from us

Carl Fredrickson

Rogue One. 

Went to see it today with my son. He loves all things Star Wars - I am not as big a fan. However, this is a cracking movie which I enjoyed massively. 

8/10

Everybody Wants Some! - Dazed and Confused is one of my favourite films of all time and, while I wasn't expecting anything as good, this was really underwhelming. Not much of a story and not many jokes. 6/10

Rogue One - enjoyable and the last half hour was great but needed tighter editing and about half an hour taken out the middle. Good cast but Felicity Jones was pretty dull. 7/10

IP Man. 8/10

Donnie Yen as a martial arts expert in China as the Japanese invade.

Loosely based on the martial arts master who taught Bruce Lee.

IP Man 2 8/10 following on from the first story now he's starting a school in Hong Kong. Brilliant scene at the end.

Forbidden kingdom 7/10

Jet Li and Jackie Chan star in this story about a Boston teenager who's fascinated by Kung Fu film's but mostly the story of the Monkey King from watching the 70s Japanese tv show. He gets transported to Ancient China to take back the Monkey Kings staff. Good wee film if you like the Monkey tv show and numerous Films.

Rudolf's Mate

Rogue One - 7.5/10 Really enjoyable however I didn't enjoy it as much as FA. The Vader scene was brilliant!

Passengers - 7/10 Enjoyable again. Easy watching with a decent enough story line. 

Deepwater Horizon - 8.5/10 I really enjoyed this. You can see why BP were fined so heavily now! Granted not (DW) the best example but what a feat of engineering drilling for oil is. 

William H. Bonney

Blair Witch (2016) 4/10

Awful. The original is one of my favourite horror films so I was really looking forward to this. Shame because I like Adam wingard too.

Assassins creed. 7/10

It was ok coulda been better as a fan of the games it was more of a they could have done this and that. Seemed to focus on the parts that were pish in the games but you can see why to build for future films. The Animus is totally different from the games.

Jambo 4 Ever

The Good Neighbor

6/10

Good to see James Caan starring alongside a couple of youngsters. Novel tale that although signposted doesn't pan out as you expect. Basically 2 lads set up cameras etc in their neighbours house and plan to torment him. I didn't like the outcome.

Will have to check this one out

rudi must stay

Eddie the Eagle

Expected it to be feel good. But this is a very solid film, with an excellent script and top notch acting

10/10

So tonight I watched The Nice Guys, better than I thought it was going to be and good comic performances from Crowe and Gosling. 7/10

And as a late night insomnia special I watched The Sweeney Paris. So much better than the crap Ray Winstone version with Jean Reno as the main cop. Only 90 minutes which is a relief nowadays and pretty much action packed all the way through with good set pieces. A solid 7/10 also.

Just watched Nocturnal Animals. Very well acted but a really dirty ending that I just cant make sense of. 7/10

Jambo 4 Ever

Eddie the Eagle

Expected it to be feel good. But this is a very solid film, with an excellent script and top notch acting

10/10

Suitable for kids too?

rudi must stay

Suitable for kids too?

Suitable for them ye as a PG, there's no swearing but I don't think a young kid would enjoy it. 12+ I'd say

Suitable for kids too?

If you do a 'Google' search - 'Eddie the Eagle Film rating' you'll find reviews by parents with comments on suitability.

I've seen it but don't have children so better to read what a range of parents are saying.

Fences 8/10

First off some great acting in this think Denzil will be looking at another Oscar nomination and also Violet Davis.

Its a film that just focuses on one black family in 1950's America but its the acting and dialogue that really draw you in in fact the only other character in it is Denzil's best mate.Not everybody will give this a watch as its not the usual Hollywood film.

JudyJudyJudy

"  Nocturnal animals"....excellent film, but bit confusing but at least different. High quality acting from Amy Adams ( long overdue an Oscar) , Jake Gyllenhall ( long overdue an Oscar !) and Aaron Johnson plus the superb Michael Shannon *u may not know the name but you will know the face