The Damp Squib Thread

Guest jambomickey

There is one move out I think hoping to be completed tomorrow -- one of the younger players -- Mulrooney ?

Now as for movesd in -- well if Zal is going !! -- then a centre back is required unless you trust Kurcharski or move Morweic back to defence.

Now a dream dedline day would be Toto signed, Bryson or another attacking midfielder signed with the above and on paper Xmas would have come early for us -- first time in 4 years I could really say that and mean it.

As Keegan would say 'I would love it- just love it' if this was true CJGJ :thumbsup:

On a side note i liked Mulrooney and think he has a bright future on the snippets of him we saw last season- maybe 6 months on loan at first division or similar would be good though for regular football and preparing him for a crack at 1st team soon :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There may be one from leftfield - if not today, certainly over the next week or so.

Cmon Dex- any clues on his position :whistling:

Cut The Crap

There may be one from leftfield - if not today, certainly over the next week or so.

Doubt it - we're already well covered in leftfield? :teehee:

jamboinglasgow

Thought I would throw in a bit of transfer gossip about another SPL team from the papers - the daily mail (I know, I read it for a laugh and dont believe any of the news story, think it gives you cancer...) they are saying that they expect Motherwell to accept a ?1m bid for defender Mark Reynolds from Wigan. Would be a great move for the player, think he is a promising defender, though is Martinez trying to turn the Wigan back four into the Scotland back four?

Also Dex, sounds like someone who has been freed, any more clues, would it be a player we would be pleased to come here?

rossthejambo

Bryson in for ?300k plus J Thomson and G Glen (loan) going the other way. :thumbsup:

This may or may not be true

Chad Sexington

"Schalke have just completed the ?10.5m signing of Dutch striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar from AC Milan".

From the BBC.

rossthejambo

Inteeeresting. That implies that he is currently without a club. B)

Jambo Martin

Kilmarnock have put a bid in for Andrius Velicka from Rangers which was refused.

Not sure if it was a loan or outright purchase.

Thought Kilmarnock were skint!

Source...........Daily Record.

babertonjambo

Kilmarnock have put a bid in for Andrius Velicka from Rangers which was refused.

Not sure if it was a loan or outright purchase.

Thought Kilmarnock were skint!

Source...........Daily Record.

Maybe they are about to sell their best player to allow them to fund some new arrivals? :whistling:

Jambof3tornado

I cant see us paying ?300k plus a player plus loaning them a player. If we do get Bryson the pressure on the lad to do the business will be immense! Only time will tell!

Clerry Jambo

Bryson has been Killie's best player for the last 2 seasons, that'll do for me.

We desperately need a box to box midfielder to progress this season.

Just a wee snippet that maybe gash - according to Killie Kickback Ipswich maybe keen on Bryson.

Inteeeresting. That implies that he is currently without a club. B)

Lee Hendrie is without a club and is promoting himself all over the place!

Lee Hendrie is without a club and is promoting himself all over the place!

I hear he even done a few hours stint in ultimate big brother.

The Old Tolbooth

The longer this goes on, the less confident I become, there are only 6 hours and 38 minutes left until the window shuts :(

Tick tock.............

Hans von Luck

The longer this goes on, the less confident I become, there are only 6 hours and 38 minutes left until the window shuts :(

Tick tock.............

The SPL window closes at midnight.

Walter Bishop

You're kidding??? :o

This is going to be a fecking nightmare. :(

Nope 12pm in Scotland and 6pm in England for some ridiculous reason?

Tick tock.............

Would that not be 8 hours 38 at time of your post? and it is 6pm from what I have heard (oops just heard it midnight up here)

Thats the English Window thats open till 6pm. The scottish one runs till midnight. Players can leave Scotland for England but players can come to Scotland from England. I think. Its a well known fact that Killie cant afford Alan Gow so Bryson leaving could create funds for that move. This is the second window JJ has tried to secure the signing of Bryson as he made a 350K bid AFTER Stevenson had signed but it was rejected. I dont know where these 150K figures are coming from because thats rubbish. WE offered 2-3 offers of 300-400K but Killie are holding out for 450-500K. Toto can sign after the window as he is a free agent but I expect the Bryson deal not to go through. We can only hope that JJ has others on his mind!

HMFCH

Say What Again

I'll go for Jose or Larry.

Say What Again

"Schalke have just completed the ?10.5m signing of Dutch striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar from AC Milan".

From the BBC.

And Schalke take their deadline day spending past ?21m by following that capture of Huntelarr, with the ?10.6m signing of Jose Manuel Jurado from Atletico Madrid.

SkySports

You can't drop a huge gossip bomb like that then walk away from the thread Dexter, that's just rude.

Spill the beans!

Say What Again

Thought Kingston had signed for some Russian mob?

Ah, he probably has then, mate.

I read on here a few days ago both were without clubs and I just took it at that

Ah, he probably has then, mate.

I read on here a few days ago both were without clubs and I just took it at that

I'm maybe wrong mate.

The People's Chimp

Wouldn't be surprised if one of kingston or goncalves, (assuming larry isn't with a club) re-signed. Or has Mikey Stewart fallen out with Gencerbigli? whistling.gif

Wouldn't be surprised if one of kingston or goncalves, (assuming larry isn't with a club) re-signed. Or has Mikey Stewart fallen out with Gencerbigli? whistling.gif

Don't want either of them,the days of mercenaries bleeding our club dry are gone

Marmeladent?rtchen

You can't drop a huge gossip bomb like that then walk away from the thread Dexter, that's just rude.

Spill the beans!

Dex is itk! :thumbsup:

Think Larry signed with some midtable Russian team.

"Sky Sports News understands that Kilmarnock have failed in a bid to sign Rangers forward Andrius Velicka but they remain hopeful of agreeing a loan deal."

Velicka on loan would be a decent signing for them.

It's the news we've all been waiting for!! Tumbleweed has been spotted blowing across the

pitch at Tynecastle on the final day of the transfer window!!! :ninja:

If Wallace is still a Hearts player after the window closes, I think it's been a good one for us.

I honestly thought we would sign Bryson, it seems we have been unwilling to spend any serious cash on the guy. I'm fine with that, but I had hoped that we would've filled that attacking midfield position. I heard a few players linked with us this window, none seem to have come close at all.

Think Larry signed with some midtable Russian team.

I was looking at a Dutch football site, having a look at this guy hibs had signed.. But there was a big bit about Kingston and us. Couldn't make it out as it was in Dutch.

But I think he's signed for a Dutch team.

We_are_the_Hearts

Velicka wasn't the quickest before his injuries. He has hardly played for 2 years so no thanks.

The Old Tolbooth

Would that not be 8 hours 38 at time of your post? and it is 6pm from what I have heard (oops just heard it midnight up here)

Even if it was 6pm you were still 2 hours out! A financial adviser who cannae count! :lol:

It was a mistype, honest guv'nor :whistling:

kingantti1874

Velicka would still score goals in this league, he left in dodgy fashion bough that would be my main concern... Although I'd forgive him for 1 rasper like the one against the mhanks....

I saw Tim Minchin in Edinburgh having a pint last night. Surely a nailed on signing for the Hobos? Or is that Tim Mincin?

Archived