The Damp Squib Thread

Guest jambomickey

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stephen Hughes would be an excellent signing.

I disagree, I think he'd be a terrible signing.

I've yet to see him have a good game for any team he's ever played for. I'd rather stick with Stevenson than this guy.

I'm not sure if I believe the OP's post. I just can't imagine the guy being so petty and unprofessional with the running of his club. I guess we'll see what happens over the next 48 hours. I don't think we'll sign Bryson but I do think we'll sign someone.

We_are_the_Hearts

I disagree, I think he'd be a terrible signing.

I've yet to see him have a good game for any team he's ever played for. I'd rather stick with Stevenson than this guy.

I'm not sure if I believe the OP's post. I just can't imagine the guy being so petty and unprofessional with the running of his club. I guess we'll see what happens over the next 48 hours. I don't think we'll sign Bryson but I do think we'll sign someone.

Take it you didn't go to Tynecastle much then as he was MOTM there twice in one season...clever player who would walk into our Central midfield.

rossthejambo

Take it you didn't go to Tynecastle much then as he was MOTM there twice in one season...clever player who would walk into our Central midfield.

He was decent for Motherwell but that's the only place that he has ever really excelled and even then he was fairly inconsistent.

Rangers - Average at best.

Leicester - Pish

Motherwell - Flashes of brilliance, not consistent enough

Norwich - Barely played so I'd assume pish.

I'd rather we signed someone else.

I'm pretty certain that Bryson will NOT be a Hearts player come the end of the window, but as others have predicted, I expect us to make a bid for another (it'll probably be too late though, as signing for Hearts is usually a fairly drawn out process - unless the wheels are already in motion).

:(

babertonjambo

This.

He was outstanding for Motherwell for the whole of the season you have mentioned and he has at least one attribute that none of our current central midfielders have - the ability to play an incisive forward pass!

rudi must stay

Stephen Hughes would be an excellent signing.

not sure he's any better than Stevenson tbh. And he'd probably have decent wages, trying to unearth another gem from the lower leagues would be our best option IMO.

portobellojambo1

Unlike swanny17 I am even more confident today that Bryson will be signed up for Hearts prior to the window closing. I believe the deal will be cash (a lot more than ?150K) plus one player on a permanent move and the other going for the season on loan, to try and get some goals and boost his confidence. An answer to a question I posed today suggested to me there is a lot of truth in various stories flying about, and Bryson will be moving to Hearts.

jamboinglasgow

Unlike swanny17 I am even more confident today that Bryson will be signed up for Hearts prior to the window closing. I believe the deal will be cash (a lot more than ?150K) plus one player on a permanent move and the other going for the season on loan, to try and get some goals and boost his confidence. An answer to a question I posed today suggested to me there is a lot of truth in various stories flying about, and Bryson will be moving to Hearts.

So we can pretty well guess who the on loan player is, wonder who the one is going permanently?

All I know tomorrow is that I will be unable to do much work as transfer fever means I am watching the BBC transfer watch all day.

Steven Hughes ?

I would be absolutely thrilled to sign for Hearts. Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Had about 10 season tickets over the last 15 years and rarely miss a home game.

Who's man of the match was he? Certainly not the sponsors and certainly not mine. I think he's a headless chicken who rarely makes any impact on any game.

Drylaw Hearts

Glen on loan and ?????

I do hope you're right mate, but the fact that it involves 3 players makes it very difficult. It just takes one to say no, and the deal is scuppered.

We_are_the_Hearts

This.

He was outstanding for Motherwell for the whole of the season you have mentioned and he has at least one attribute that none of our current central midfielders have - the ability to play an incisive forward pass!

Exactly, when at Rangers he was competing with the likes of Tugay, Van Bronckhurst, Reyna, Albertz, Ronald De Boer and Barry Ferguson for a game. Clever player who defo would be a good player back here given how the standards have dropped. Would be delighted if we signed him or Bryson....

marshallschunkychicken

So we can pretty well guess who the on loan player is, wonder who the one is going permanently?

All I know tomorrow is that I will be unable to do much work as transfer fever means I am watching the BBC transfer watch all day.

Goodbye Ian Black, au revoir Gary Glen?

Drylaw Hearts

Ryan McGowan possibly?

His name did spring to mind.

Either him, Jason Thomson or Dawid Kucharski me thinks.

Marmeladent?rtchen

Exactly, when at Rangers he was competing with the likes of Tugay, Van Bronckhurst, Reyna, Albertz, Ronald De Boer and Barry Ferguson for a game. Clever player who defo would be a good player back here given how the standards have dropped. Would be delighted if we signed him or Bryson....

Would be delighted if we signed him and Bryson.... :thumbsup:

Charlie-Brown

Well whatever happens even if that is nothing at all we don't have too long to wait to find out now.

rossthejambo

Hughes is very over-rated IMO.

Drylaw Hearts

Goodbye Ian Black, au revoir Gary Glen?

This

If this comes off I'll be delighted.

Btw....

I suggested this would happen several weeks ago.

Ryan Gosling

Btw....

Pleasing news.

We have Mrowiec, Ruben, Eggert and McGowan who can all anchor the midfield so sacrificing Black to get an advanced midfielder may be an excellent idea. I'd be surprised if they'd want him as his form for us over the last year and a bit has been quite poor.

Ryan Gosling

We have Mrowiec, Ruben, Eggert and McGowan who can all anchor the midfield so sacrificing Black to get an advanced midfielder may be an excellent idea. I'd be surprised if they'd want him as his form for us over the last year and a bit has been quite poor.

Mixu tried to sign him at Hibs I'm sure.

rossthejambo

Btw....

I' be reasonably happy too, but I don't see what incentive Black has to go.

If he stays put, he gets a game for the team he supports as we won't be signing Bryson.:down:

I will be in the minority here, but would be hoping Black would stay - would rather we got rid of Ruben and never even signed Mrowiec in the first place.

Interesting.

These multi player deals rarely come off though.

Drylaw Hearts

He did.

He was offered a pre-contract by them at the same time we offered him one.

It was on the recommendation of Donald Park who was Mixu's assistant at the time.

I blame JJ for having absolutely no alternatives, it would appear that Bryson is the

only attacking midfielder in the world!!! :down:

This is a joke, right? You'd rather the club came out and named any and all other potential signing targets, thus alerting everybody to our plans and being castigated in the media for unsettling players under contract? One thing we've seen regularly in recent transfer windows is that almost the first link is when the player signs on the dotted line. Good way to go about our business, IMO. Would not expect JJ to have put all his eggs in the Bryson basket, and just because he hasn't made a statement to the contrary does not mean he has.

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1893433

thought i`d throw this article in the mix.

Having been at pittorie on Saturday i was paying specific attention to Bryson

What I saw was very encouraging

Bryson is a confident player who ran and ran the whole game and never looked tired even at the end

He constantly broke forward and was many time up with or in front of his forwards

He looks confident and comfortable on the ball and didn't waste many passes

I didn't notice him making many tackles but the one's he did were good enough

He also did not seem very vocal for a captain.

All in all he provided more than Paul Hartley on this particular afternoon

In my opinion he would be a good buy providing he doesn't cost a fortune

Cheers

Killie have signed Alexei Eremenko jr today...an attacking midfielder on loan.Maybe Brysons replacement??Having said that Eremenko looks like the kind of player we should be going for..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFA6aUnvleA :whistling:

...a bit disco

Killie have signed Alexei Eremenko jr today...an attacking midfielder on loan.Maybe Brysons replacement??Having said that Eremenko looks like the kind of player we should be going for..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFA6aUnvleA :whistling:

Quality player.

Always done the bizz for me in Football Manager:thumbsup:

I thought Bryson was the only attacking midfielder in the world??

Someone should tell JJ there are others available :blink:

I thought Bryson was the only attacking midfielder in the world??

Someone should tell JJ there are others available :blink:

how do you know he hasn't been looking at other options?

I will be in the minority here, but would be hoping Black would stay - would rather we got rid of Ruben and never even signed Mrowiec in the first place.

Im more concerned about the fact you think Black is a better player than Palazuelos!!!! Thats very worrying!

jamboinglasgow

Im more concerned about the fact you think Black is a better player than Palazuelos!!!! Thats very worrying!

oh jayjay, saw your name next to this thread and got a little bit excited but I feel let down now... :whistling:

Think we may bring someone in JayJay?

Honestly, I just dont see it with Ruben at all - I bet he is on a top wage (for us), and contributes next to nothing. I would be delighted if he left. Black yestarday was very good imo for the first 60 mins, then faded along with the rest of the team. Think he has the potential to improve.

But all about opinions.

Honestly, I just dont see it with Ruben at all - I bet he is on a top wage (for us), and contributes next to nothing. I would be delighted if he left. Black yestarday was very good imo for the first 60 mins, then faded along with the rest of the team. Think he has the potential to improve.

But all about opinions.

Very true mate!! But i honestly think Black is the worst midfielder we have i cannot believe his is an spl footballer.

Like i said before mate i think Bryson will be a Hearts player tommorrow!

is that a hunch jayjay or through inside info??

Archived